New Import Utility for RMS Store Ops and HQ!

Just a post to advise RMS users and partners that we have just released a new
import utility for RMS.

It works with both HQ and SO and allows importing of items only, but does
allow for changes and updates.

Priced at US $495 or GBP £275 for end users.

Reseller discounts are available

If you are interested please email me at rod@rsgplc.com with the subject RSG
Import Utility

Rod Barlow
Retail Systems Group PLC

(Microsft RMS Reseller UK)
0
RodBarlow (26)
10/26/2005 9:35:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

money 2006 problems importing from bank
whenever I import information from my bank uccu, it says that the import is complete and that I have one statement to read with 150 transactions to review, but when it opens to the account register, none of the new transactions show up. It shows the correct amount and date from my bank in the left hand corner, and it says that I still have 150 transactions to review. I have tried changing the online settings, emptying the temporary internet files, repairing the money file, and setting the account register to show all transactions, but so far nothing has worked. I have been able to i...

RMS Troubleshooting and Basic Set up v4/3/2005
http://www.simonajewelry.com/rms.aspx I have decided to post the information on the net because ms newsgroup does not have a long message retention. Natt ...

Storing images in Sql database
Hi, I currently have a web server with a illustrations folder containing some 100,000 images of all types (gif/jpeg...). The folder is presenting a great management problem since it is really hard to load the entire content of that folder remotely, and it may take minutes to open that folder up. However, we've already installed a ASP.Net Handler in that folder to generate thumbnails, which enables us change the storage option if we wanted. So, the question is, would it be optimal to place all those images in a Sql 2005 Database and retrieve them using an Asp.Net Web handler when ...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

Importing Debtor transactions
We are importing debtors transactions into Great Plains. This month it was about 9400 transactions. We import them via Integration Manager (Text files) but it takes more than 8 hours to do. I would like to know of any suggestions of other import facilities to use that can provide a speed benefit. The alternatives I know of is the following: 1. Integration managed but with a ODBC connection to a SQL Server 2. eConnect Any comments are welcome. I had the same issue happen importing 10,000 invoices into the receivables module. I wrote an import that put the data directly into the t...

Where Does Outlook Store Info? Computer Problems
Recently the power supply, motherboard, & CPU on my computer died. So I had a new motherboard, power supply, CPU and hard drive installed. The new hard drive is larger and faster than the old one. This required that Windows XP, Microsoft Office, etc, had to be installed. But before any of that was done, the technician took everything off the old hard drive and saved it into a file on the new one. All of the old data files, etc, are supposed to be there. My question, though, is how to find the address book and the saved emails that were on the old computer & put them into Outlook on the...

pre-select new record in combo box
Hi, I have a form (frmActivity) with a combo box (cboStore) that gets its data from a table (Store). If there is a new store which dose not show in the combo box I have a command button on the same form that open a popup window for entering the name of the new store. In the 'on close' event of the popup I requeary the combo box (cboStore) on the main form so that the new store will appear. What I would really like is to have the new store already selected in the combo box when the popup is closed. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks, Phil Try after the requery of the ...

how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible? I need it to compare each series with the mean. Thanks in advance. Regards, Guillermo Fuenzalida The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a new series in your graph. -- David Biddulph "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com... >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new ser...

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat on August 7th, 2008
------=_NextPart_0001_74E9EEE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team will be hosting the next Live Chat on August 7th, 2008, at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Is there a topic that you would like to discuss in depth? Do you want additional insight into a certain area of the software? Have you always wanted to know what to do when you encounter a particular scenario? If so, we'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to post any ideas on this thread, use the link in the Live Chats section of the RMS Using site (h...

Outlook Synch error
I have one user and only one user have trouble going back online with the Outlook client. The user is connected to our VPN and then when the user clicks Go Online, it starts to synch then she gets the "the logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view the records or peform this specifc action" error/message. Outlook works fine and the user can use web CRM just fine. I've already tried changed the user's IE security settings to low, didn't help. Any ideas? James James, Could you provide a bit more information about the user, specifica...

Suddenly not able to save new or open previous files with name lengths over 45 characters
I'm using Excel 2003 if it matters ... I'm wondering if there is a known bug/issue on this. For what ever reason, when I try to save a new file (or for that matter open something done previously) with a name that has more than 45 characters or so (might be off by a couple), I get message that it can't save and then gives me a bunch of reasons (file path might not exist, might have too many characters, folder might be read only, etc). I know file exists in the folder I'm checking - I can email myself the file and open from the email so its definitely there! Any sane insight? ...

How to create new record
How can i use code to create a new record into a table. Something like this? CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. help! thanks On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:34:03 -0500, "Tim McGavin" <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote: >How can i use code to create a new record into a table. > >Something like this? > >CreateNewRecord("John","Smith") > >I tried to Google it but i can't seem to find the answer. > >help! >thanks > Open a Recordset based on the table and use ...

Moving .pst files to a new computer
When trying to import .pst files into the new computer the following error message comes up: \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. I am using Office 2003 What's up? What version of Outlook were you using on the original computer? "Paladin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057101c396c4$29533060$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to import .pst files into the new computer > the following error message comes up: > > \Outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the > P...

GP2010
What are the options for a Requisition Management solution for new GP BRL Adv Mgmt customers? It is my understanding that the Req Mgmt module has been taken off the GP BRL AM price list. Thanks, John ...

Moving Money 2008 to new computer
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person for not saving a backup of that. I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits this will be a problem. Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the existing Money (by copying the P...

VBA
Hi, I am currently writing a database and what i want it to do is when one particular field is filled in eg. Cylinder, then it will pick up only "cylinder" items. I have tried this code below but it doesnt seem to work. Could someone please help me. Private Sub Job_Installable_AfterUpdate() 'If Job_Installable.[Column](1) = "Cylinder" Then ' 'Forms!OrderForm.ctlSubForm.Form!Controls.NewData ' 'Forms! ' [tblJob_Consumables SubForm]![Job_Consumable Consumable ID].ControlSource = "qlkpConsumableCylinder" 'Else...

Outlook connector doesn't work
vWin7 starter, Outlook 2003, Outlook connector v 14 installed. When klicking "Outlook connector" and "Add a new account" in Outlook, nothing happens (absolutely nothing - no messages or boxes appear). I habe removed and reinstalled both Outlook and Outlook connector several times, no help in that. Anyone who have a suggestion? ...

Disabled Exchange 2K3 accounts starting to accept new emails #2
Hello, whenever I would disable a user account in Exchange 2003, it would NDR any new email, unless there was a forwarding address in the delivery options tab, which is how I wanted it to be. However, since applying the security updates for February, the disabled accounts have begun accepting new mail. Does anyone have any ideas why? Feb. updates applied: KB890830 KB931978 KB926436 KB924667 KB928843 KB928090 KB918118 KB931836 Hi, you are right, and I think that Microsoft want it to be that way from the beginning. Read this articles http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319047 http://support.m...

Data Import
i have tried on two occasions to import numerous leads. The first import was over 400 and the seconds was just under 100. On both occasions, I have not gotten all of the leads I have imported. As you can see with the math, I should have somewhere near 500 + leads to play with CRM. I have a total of 19. There shouldn't be a limit on the total number of items to import? I have not looked at the database itself to see if the leads have actually imported and only 19 are displaying. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate the input. go to workplace - activities then bulk import...

New Vista and Old Publisher
I'm super pleased with Vista Home Premium and its ability to fix old programs from old operating systems to work. I transfered every file from my old Win98 computer to my new Vista operated machine with no problems. My MS Office '97 installed flawlessly. Every program works like normal......every one except Publisher '98. I get an error message that MS Pub cannot open QS98.dll because "Not enough memory or the application is corrupt". I don't think 3GB memory is the issue. And I replaced the QS98.dll with a fresh copy off the net. The Vista Compatibility ...

Server list blank when launching GP Utilities
We just installed GP 9.0 on a new workstation. When we try to launch GP Utilities, we do not see our ODBC connection in the list of server names. The list is blank. We did create the System DSN correctly. Any ideas? Are you logged in as an administrator of that machine? Usually when you create a system DSN as a non-administrative user, for some strange reason Windows will let you continue with the procedure, but will not save the connection. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster a...

PP2007 SDK? PP2010 new stuff?
As a C# developer I want to get started developing with PP2007 noting I have no Office dev experience at the moment. Which SDK do I need to get? The Office Developer Center [1] does not list an SDK for PP2007. Other getting started tips would be very helpful. The first thing I would want to learn is how to get on the Ribbon. For anybody that has worked with the Office 2010 bits is there anything new for PP worth talking about? I'm interested in developing a "slideshow" SaaS and our biggest hurdle seems to be the proprietary file format with no support in the framew...

Importing data from web site
Hi Is there any procedure with VB to mimic something like the 'get external data from web' function within Excel. I would like to import currency exchange rate data from a web site and show the results in a listview control. Any help on this would be very much appreciated. TIA "Martin Parker" <MartinParker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:600CD518-8C01-44FB-9401-0D579F56BB27@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Is there any procedure with VB to mimic something like the 'get external > data from web' function within Excel....

mail store size
I am looking to obtain the full mail store size of my exchange server. Server 2003 / Exchange 2003 What is the best solution to do this? Thanks Add up the values of the stm and edb files. Nue "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eKgCFyJOGHA.2816@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I am looking to obtain the full mail store size of my exchange server. > > Server 2003 / Exchange 2003 > > What is the best solution to do this? > > > > Thanks > > Ha.. LOL That's what I did, and then matched up with my backups. I just thought t...

New Message Notification #2
I use Outlook 2003. When a new email message arrives, I want either to have an icon show up in my system tray or a box show up on my screen (you've got mail). I have checked the box for the icon to appear, but nothing happens. I haven't found an option to choose for the box to appear - and remain - on my screen. Any ideas? Thanks. Ken, In Outlook 2003, you can go to Tools-> Options -> E-mail Options -> Advanced E-Mail Options to find settings on e-mail notification. You can play a sound, briefly change the mouse cursor, show an envelope in the notification area, an...