New Implementation

I have following queries regarding new implementation:
1)
If I ask that I have 8 outlets at remote locations & these are all garments
stores, which will communicate with HQ Server. Each store is having around
1500 items. Now the question is how much time/days will it required to
implement? Can anyone tell me an approximate time period? Just have an idea.

2)
Which connection/line is fast/speedy for communication with HQ server from
remote stores? Like DSL, Dial ap. IS VPN necessary?If NOT Y and if YES Y??

3)
Initial Steps
=======
•Will start from Store Operation Template Database.
•After that Creating HQ database and will import SO Template DB in it.
•Will Create Stores in HQ Db.
•Will start Exporting DB for Stores by selecting their specific name.
•Finally Exported DB will be stored in each outlet.

My question is?????
If store DB is not similar like "A" store items are different than "B" store
DB. In that scenario what we have to do it? Have to create 2 template
Databases OR what?How HQ will manage this?

--
With Regards
Junaid Idrees

0
junaid_rms (28)
9/14/2006 6:03:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0178_01C6D8B1.9E517F70

Junaid,

We use 2 hours for a server and 1 for a workstation/register as a guide =
(its usually less, but your never know).  This assumes all network =
cabling is setup in the store, DSL/Cable/Dial-up installed and working.  =
Machines are pre-installed with the RMS and all other programs/utilities =
installed.

Speed - T1, Cable, DSL, ISDN, Dial-up in that order.  VPN is not =
required

Different items is the biggest issue, while HQ _can_ do it, its _very_ =
cumbersome.  Create your store template without items and aliases, after =
the stores are up, send a 250 for that particular store's items.  HQ =
will need the items for all stores in its database

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:F4A195F4-B9BB-4445-94EC-71AFB49AA09D@microsoft.com...
  I have following queries regarding new implementation:
  1)
  If I ask that I have 8 outlets at remote locations & these are all =
garments=20
  stores, which will communicate with HQ Server. Each store is having =
around=20
  1500 items. Now the question is how much time/days will it required to =

  implement? Can anyone tell me an approximate time period? Just have an =
idea.

  2)
  Which connection/line is fast/speedy for communication with HQ server =
from=20
  remote stores? Like DSL, Dial ap. IS VPN necessary?If NOT Y and if YES =
Y??

  3)
  Initial Steps
  =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
  =E2=80=A2Will start from Store Operation Template Database.
  =E2=80=A2After that Creating HQ database and will import SO Template =
DB in it.
  =E2=80=A2Will Create Stores in HQ Db.
  =E2=80=A2Will start Exporting DB for Stores by selecting their =
specific name.
  =E2=80=A2Finally Exported DB will be stored in each outlet.

  My question is?????
  If store DB is not similar like "A" store items are different than "B" =
store=20
  DB. In that scenario what we have to do it? Have to create 2 template=20
  Databases OR what?How HQ will manage this?

  --=20
  With Regards
  Junaid Idrees
  Associate Project Manager

------=_NextPart_000_0178_01C6D8B1.9E517F70

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Junaid,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>We use 2 hours for a server and 1 for a=20
workstation/register as a guide (its usually less, but your never =
know).&nbsp;=20
This assumes all network cabling is setup in the store, =
DSL/Cable/Dial-up=20
installed and working.&nbsp; Machines are pre-installed with=20
the&nbsp;RMS&nbsp;and all other programs/utilities =
installed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Speed - T1, Cable, DSL, ISDN, Dial-up in that =

order.&nbsp; VPN is not required</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Different items is the biggest issue, while =
HQ _can_ do=20
it, its _very_ cumbersome.&nbsp; Create your store template without =
items and=20
aliases, after the stores are up, send a 250 for that particular store's =

items.&nbsp; HQ will need&nbsp;the items for all stores in its=20
database</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Junaid Idrees" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com">junaid_rms@discussio=
ns.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:F4A195F4-B9BB-4445-94EC-71AFB49AA09D@microsoft.com">news:F4A=
195F4-B9BB-4445-94EC-71AFB49AA09D@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have following queries regarding new implementation:<BR>1)<BR>If I ask =
that I=20
  have 8 outlets at remote locations &amp; these are all garments =
<BR>stores,=20
  which will communicate with HQ Server. Each store is having around =
<BR>1500=20
  items. Now the question is how much time/days will it required to=20
  <BR>implement? Can anyone tell me an approximate time period? Just =
have an=20
  idea.<BR><BR>2)<BR>Which connection/line is fast/speedy for =
communication with=20
  HQ server from <BR>remote stores? Like DSL, Dial ap. IS VPN =
necessary?If NOT Y=20
  and if YES Y??<BR><BR>3)<BR>Initial =
Steps<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D<BR>=E2=80=A2Will start from Store=20
  Operation Template Database.<BR>=E2=80=A2After that Creating HQ =
database and will=20
  import SO Template DB in it.<BR>=E2=80=A2Will Create Stores in HQ =
Db.<BR>=E2=80=A2Will start=20
  Exporting DB for Stores by selecting their specific =
name.<BR>=E2=80=A2Finally Exported=20
  DB will be stored in each outlet.<BR><BR>My question is?????<BR>If =
store DB is=20
  not similar like "A" store items are different than "B" store <BR>DB. =
In that=20
  scenario what we have to do it? Have to create 2 template =
<BR>Databases OR=20
  what?How HQ will manage this?<BR><BR><BR>-- <BR>With Regards<BR>Junaid =

  Idrees<BR>Associate Project Manager<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0178_01C6D8B1.9E517F70--

0
spam3944 (2163)

New items with purchase order integration
I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using Integration Manager. The source is a text file. It works very well. The problem I have is with new items. When there is an item in the source file that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or skip the line item. Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as a non inventory item. The document will show the item number and the cost but no item description. Where can I change the behavior for this? Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs Wh...

How to change existing table record value by VBA and How to add new record in existing table by VBA
Hi all, I got table in my database with name "tbldata" and i have two fields in that table with the name "Ticket_No" and "Amount". In "Ticket_No" filed column i have value "SD001" and in same row of "Amount" column i have figure "50". With VBA how can i lookup for value "SD001" in "Ticket_No" field and change figure "50" to "30" which is appearing in same row of "Amount" column field. My other question is that how can i add new record in same table with VBA. I want...

Create an instance of new Customized entity by Workflow
I created an entity named E1 under Account entity(Many-to-1 relationship with Account) then I want to create a workflow Rule that after creating an Account an instance of E1 entity is created automatically. It seems Activity creation is possible in workflow automatically! Is any soloution for this issiue? -- Mohsen Ahmadi you can create activities but not custom entities. You would need to either do this by using a callout or by creating a workflow .net assembly that can create the custom entity for you. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.g...

Hidden fields in new emails
When I begin to type a new message, the text doesn't appear (the words are hidden) until spell check/sending/or printing. When I select the icon for the font color of text (black) it begins to show my typing as I'm composing the message, but the other words (anything I typed in the 'hidden field') only shows up in the spell check portion and remains hidden. Why are my messages starting with this hidden field and how do I get rid of it? I'm sure I must have pressed some command inadvertently as it was not always working like this. (only been using about a week so s...

convert Times New Roman Special G1 into arial
hello. I need to convert a text written with font Times New Roman Special G1, which I downloaded from the internet, into a font availanble in most computers, such as arial. Can you help me please? Thanks a lot. Fabian This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I suspect you're asking about how to do this with some other product. I'd recommend reposting to a newsgroup related to whatever product it is you're trying to use. If you are talking about Access, please explain what exactly it is that you downloaded fro...

Newbie
I have installed Exchange 2003 (new install) on a new install of Windows Server 2003. When I went to add info for the SMTP server (using Exchange Management System - EMS) I navigated to Servers - Exchange1 - Protocols - SMTP There's no default SMTP server listed in there. How can I get one in there? -Fran- Did you have IIS installed already? <Fran> wrote in message news:vmrpu1h04d06lpot07kbqu78lnsflpqcaa@4ax.com... >I have installed Exchange 2003 (new install) on a new install of > Windows Server 2003. > > When I went to add info for the SMTP server (using Exch...

Car Trade-In & New Purchase
I've got a car in Money as an asset, and an associated loan. I've never depreciated the value of the car. It's obviously worth a lot less at the time of trade in so I first need to adjust the depreciated value to reflect the trade-in price. The old loan had more on it than the trade-in value. The trade in was subtracted, and the old loan added to the financing of the new car. No down payment was made. So poor asset management aside, how do I get rid of the two accounts for the old car, and generate a new asset and loan account for the new car? If I set up the loan and...

Unable to create new user on CRM 4.0
Hi everyone, I've a problem with my CRM 4.0 server. Since I use dcpromo on it (at first the CRM 4.0 server was DC and now it's only a server) I can't create new user on the CRM. The CRM works perfectly with the actuel user but I can't create/ reactive user... The message is in French, it's quite simple :( No info in the message, it just says me that an error has occured... I tried using the 2 methods in the CRM, it's the same error I don't know what can be the problem, and I don't now what do to ... I need help Thanks Potentially to do with Network Service a...

NEW MENU
Hi, In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from the "most recent" list). How does one do it in Excel 2007? Thanks. "CF" <CF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AF8A7BC-5013-4BEC-B13A-3B7B8F4E4220@microsoft.com... > Hi, > In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for > such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from > the > "most recent" list). > &g...

How to sometimes open form to new record?
I have a parent form which is then linked to a child form. I want to have two buttons on the parent form, one to open the child form and display all the records with the corresponding foreign key, and one button to open the child form to a new record with the corresponding foreign key already inserted. I have figured out how to open the child form to a new record, but I cannot figure out how to insert the parent ID into the child foreign key. Help! Thanks. Megan, You don't have to enter the ParentID in the Child subfrom records... Establish a one many relationship between the Pa...

new XmlDataDocument(DataSet) throws exception
hi if i try to synchronize a dataset with xml using XmlDataDocument dataDoc = new XmlDataDocument(dataSetName) it throws an exception saying Object reference not set to an instance of the object. WHY? my dataset has 4 tables not related to each other in any way. please respond! ...

Outlook takes long time in new message with word 2003 as editor
Good Day Urgently need help in troubleshooting a problem which is spread among many clients in which Outlook takes long time when you create or reply first message after starting outlook , our clients are windows XP with SP3 and the Microsoft office is office 2003 with SP3 , My machine suffers from this error although i have patched it to the latest updates from Microsoft update , I have Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise 8.5.0i and i have disabled access protection when outlook startes but it did not solve the problem Apprecite quick advice and any troubleshooting tips Ahmedg You mentioned e...

Imaging new PCs
Our company is getting ready to roll-out new PCs for our Accounting desktop. We are also upgrading from Dynamics 7 to 8. I wanted to include the new Dynamics client install in our Ghost image, but our Accounting people are saying that the consultants do not want us to image these PCs. Can anyone tell me if they know of any issues with Dynamics being part of a desktop image? If so, can you give me the details of the problem? Hi I cannot see any issues to why you cannot do this? Maybe its because different users have different modified forms & reports etc.. I have advise clien...

Checking a folder for new email
Hi, We have a process that sends an email for every message that is processed (3rd party app). This app dies every now and then and the only way we have to find out about it is that we do not receive emails. Is there a way I can have a scrip that runs on my PC that checks every 15mins for emails in this folder? and then, if the oldest email in the folder is older than 2h seen an alert, popup, email or something? Thanks. George. Am Wed, 10 May 2006 15:28:33 -0400 schrieb George Lake: You can use a task reminder. Each time the reminder fires, add 15 minutes to the reminder time with th...

opening an offline .PST file in a new laptop
While trying to open a old .PST file in a new laptop, outlook asks for MS exchange server and Mailbox name. Not sure what to type in ?? Raj M <Raj M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While trying to open a old .PST file in a new laptop, outlook asks > for MS exchange server and Mailbox name. Not sure what to type in ?? State EXACTLY what you're doing, including the version of Outlook. Unless you have defined an Exchange account in your mail profile you shouldn't be getting that prompt. Open the Mail applet in Control Panel, remove the Exchange account, and add th...

update data in table for new Format
I have a table with several thousand records. currently i have serial numbers stored as number but i now need to change the format. currently it is 4-8 digits. the new format should be xx-xxxxxx (2 digits a "-" and 6 more digits). I need this new value to store the "-" in the field. I know i can switch the field to a text field and this works but i need a way to convert existing data to the new format. I tried a mask format but it starts at the beinging. so if i put in a ##-###### and my data is 4021 it gives me 40-21 and i need 00-004021. Any ideas on this...

Can charts automatically change by entering new range of dates
I am creating a Dashboard report for my Accounting department at work and I have a weekly one I set up with links for the series of a chart to another worksheet. Easy. But what I am trying to do is instead of creating a new one each week by changing the link location for the data is there a way I can just enter in a range of dates and the charts automatically change and filer in the new data without me having to change the link in the series where the data entry is coming from?? You can define a dynamic range that adjusts to dates you enter into cells. I wrote a somewhat involved tut...

New Company Account Format Setup
At what point during new company setup is the Account Format Setup defined? I set up a new company. After logging into GP, I went to Tools > Setup > Company > Account Format. I was able to define the number of segments and Account Length but I could not reduce the lenght of each segment. The error I received was: You can't reduce the length of the account segment because one or more accounts has already been added to the chart of accounts. Is there any way to clear the chart of accounts, redefine the format and then rebuild the chart of accounts? Go to &quo...

sharing database and getting notification when new entries are mad
I am new to Access but here's what I am trying to do. I want to put a database on a network share that will be used by several people who will be able to add in records. I would like to be notified via email when new entries are made, how would I go about doing that? Why would you want that? When the db is used frequently you'll be bombarded with emails. You might have to figure out first what it is you want to be updated for. If you want it all you will create a lot of networktraffic just by sending constant emails. Not to mention the fact that you have to catch every insert...

Deleting a row when adding a new row -
I have a spreadsheet that contains 100 rows. I want to limit the number of rows to 100. I.e. if the user adds a row (i.e. row 101) then all data from row 1 is deleted. I do not have to worry about the deleted data as it is updated in the new row! Can anybody help. I think you're saying you want the first row to be automatically deleted when a row is added at the end of the table. The row will have to be deleted, it won't happen automatically. The macro language is there for such specific requirements. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com -------------...

New Equity/Index Option
I've been using Money for a number of years and recently upgraded to 2004 Deluxe. I found that Money now has Equity/Index options. What's the easiest way to convert all my old options (which are treated like stocks by Money), also recognizing that the quantity field for every transaction must be divided by 100? In microsoft.public.money, Jerry wrote: >I've been using Money for a number of years and recently >upgraded to 2004 Deluxe. I found that Money now has >Equity/Index options. What's the easiest way to convert >all my old options (which are treated li...

New HP Color LaserJet
Our company is looking to purchase a new HP Color LaserJet for use with Dynamics GP 9.0 and later (when they are released). However, the GP compatibility list does not include any current model HP color laserjets. This will be a workgroup printer and color is necessary. I would like to stick with HP's since we have had good luck with them in the past. I was looking at maybe the 4700dn, 3800dn, or the 3600dn. Has anyone been using any of these models? Alan, We don't have anyone using the models you listed, we do have one customer using the HP 2840 Color LaserJet with no pro...

Outlook 2000 Old PST to replace New PST
I have the PST file from my old computer and want to replace the new (empty of real data) PST file (Outlook-Today) with the old PST file which has all my data. I am able to open both PST files in Outlook 2000, but I can't find a way to default to the old PST file. No matter what, Outlook 2000 defaults to Oulook-Today, which is the new PST. I also can't find a way to "bulk copy" all the info in the old PST to the same categories in the new one (i.e. contacts to contacts, calendars to calendars, notes to notes). You'd think it would be easy to do this: grab an old PST f...

New messages in Outlook 2003
When I open Outlook 2003, why do I need to click Send/Receive to see new messages? In previous versions, new messages were automatically displayed when opening Outlook. Do you have Outlook 2003 set to do an automatic send/receive every 10 minutes (or whatever value you choose)? Automatic send/receive at startup only happens if you have Outlook set to check for new mail automatically at a certain interval. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4fc...

How does one migrate tasks to a new employee?
I've delegated numerous tasks to people in my department. Now the time has come for me to leave the company and for my replacement to take over. Is there a simple way to get my copies of all the tasks I've delegated into my replacements task list? The most obvious ways: dragging and dropping, and outputting to a pst file, replace the task owners' (the delegates') names with mine. This would leave my replacement with no clue about the actual owner of each task. Is there a way to get my copies to him with the owner info intact? Also, is there a way to do this where my replacement...