Net Display - Display Each Item's Picture as it is rung up Issue

Hi All,

I have set up my POS with 12" rear displays to  display HTML files
that I have created from powerpoint pps. I have also attached pictures
to some, but not all of my items so that they display relevant
promotions or upcoming events when scanned at POS. I have set the net
display channel option 'Display each item's picture as it is rung up'.

I have two issues with this setup.

1) When I scan item, the picture is displayed. However, the item's
picture is displayed on net display until I logon to POS for next
transaction. (I MUST have option 'forece Logon for each sale'
activated). The html file does not restart until then.

2) If an item has no picture attached, then when that item is scanned
at POS a black screen is displyed. Again, this is displayed until I
logon to POS for next transaction.

Is it not possible to have the html files restart/display when
transaction is tendered.

Thanks.

J.
0
jfinn659 (8)
5/23/2008 11:41:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

For 2 why not create a default picture / your store logo / special etc and
attach to all items that don't have a picture via SQL and change this
picture whenever you want too.

--
Disclaimer:

Always test any queries that modify data on a test database prior to running
on your live data to ensure the desired results.

Always back-up prior to running any SQL delete queries on your live data.

--

Regards
Michael

<jfinn659@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have set up my POS with 12" rear displays to  display HTML files
> that I have created from powerpoint pps. I have also attached pictures
> to some, but not all of my items so that they display relevant
> promotions or upcoming events when scanned at POS. I have set the net
> display channel option 'Display each item's picture as it is rung up'.
>
> I have two issues with this setup.
>
> 1) When I scan item, the picture is displayed. However, the item's
> picture is displayed on net display until I logon to POS for next
> transaction. (I MUST have option 'forece Logon for each sale'
> activated). The html file does not restart until then.
>
> 2) If an item has no picture attached, then when that item is scanned
> at POS a black screen is displyed. Again, this is displayed until I
> logon to POS for next transaction.
>
> Is it not possible to have the html files restart/display when
> transaction is tendered.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> J.

0
mpe262 (57)
5/23/2008 12:34:40 PM
There is a small chance I may have a solution for you but it would require a
POS add-in.  If you are interested please give me a call or drop me an
email.

--
Thank you,
Ryan Sakry
<jfinn659@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have set up my POS with 12" rear displays to  display HTML files
> that I have created from powerpoint pps. I have also attached pictures
> to some, but not all of my items so that they display relevant
> promotions or upcoming events when scanned at POS. I have set the net
> display channel option 'Display each item's picture as it is rung up'.
>
> I have two issues with this setup.
>
> 1) When I scan item, the picture is displayed. However, the item's
> picture is displayed on net display until I logon to POS for next
> transaction. (I MUST have option 'forece Logon for each sale'
> activated). The html file does not restart until then.
>
> 2) If an item has no picture attached, then when that item is scanned
> at POS a black screen is displyed. Again, this is displayed until I
> logon to POS for next transaction.
>
> Is it not possible to have the html files restart/display when
> transaction is tendered.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> J.

0
rsakry (322)
5/23/2008 2:56:48 PM
RMS doesn't cycle through the different net channels or update the net
display when nobody is logged in. When I mentioned this to MS they, of
course, told me to enter this as product suggestion (instead of
acknowledging and fixing the bug!!!).

<jfinn659@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have set up my POS with 12" rear displays to  display HTML files
> that I have created from powerpoint pps. I have also attached pictures
> to some, but not all of my items so that they display relevant
> promotions or upcoming events when scanned at POS. I have set the net
> display channel option 'Display each item's picture as it is rung up'.
>
> I have two issues with this setup.
>
> 1) When I scan item, the picture is displayed. However, the item's
> picture is displayed on net display until I logon to POS for next
> transaction. (I MUST have option 'forece Logon for each sale'
> activated). The html file does not restart until then.
>
> 2) If an item has no picture attached, then when that item is scanned
> at POS a black screen is displyed. Again, this is displayed until I
> logon to POS for next transaction.
>
> Is it not possible to have the html files restart/display when
> transaction is tendered.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> J.

0
Alex6724 (221)
5/23/2008 3:48:18 PM
What version of RMS are you using?
I am using RMS 2.0.0115 with a 22" net display showing only one web site and
it show the items at the ring up and then a new item pic or black screen if
you have no item pic available and then returns back to the website after the
sale is rung up and finished just fine.

--
Steve

On May 24, 1:36=A0am, Steven @ S&S Tire Service
<StevenSSTireServ...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> What version of RMS are you using?
> I am using RMS 2.0.0115 with a 22" net display showing only one web site a=
nd
> it show the items at the ring up and then a new item pic or black screen i=
> you have no item pic available and then returns back to the website after =
the
> sale is rung up and finished just fine.
>
> --
> Steve
>

> "Alex" wrote:
> > RMS doesn't cycle through the different net channels or update the net
> > display when nobody is logged in. When I mentioned this to MS they, of
> > course, told me to enter this as product suggestion (instead of
> > acknowledging and fixing the bug!!!).
>
> > <jfinn...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
>
> > > I have set up my POS with 12" rear displays to =A0display HTML files
> > > that I have created from powerpoint pps. I have also attached pictures=

> > > to some, but not all of my items so that they display relevant
> > > promotions or upcoming events when scanned at POS. I have set the net
> > > display channel option 'Display each item's picture as it is rung up'.=

> > > I have two issues with this setup.
>
> > > 1) When I scan item, the picture is displayed. However, the item's
> > > picture is displayed on net display until I logon to POS for next
> > > transaction. (I MUST have option 'forece Logon for each sale'
> > > activated). The html file does not restart until then.
>
> > > 2) If an item has no picture attached, then when that item is scanned
> > > at POS a black screen is displyed. Again, this is displayed until I
> > > logon to POS for next transaction.
>
> > > Is it not possible to have the html files restart/display when
> > > transaction is tendered.
>
> > > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> > > Thanks.
>
> > > J.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Steve,

I am using version 2.0.0115 also. If I have option 'Force Logon Each
Sale' turned off, then it works as you describe. Otherwise, it doesn't
until cashier logs on for new transaction.
0
jfinn659 (8)
5/26/2008 8:44:08 AM
It works fine until you logout/secure the POS then it quits cycling through
the net display channels (assuming that you have more than one website in
the list, if not it won't be an issue).

"Steven @ S&S Tire Service" <StevenSSTireService@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:1436F46A-913F-4522-8B3E-AE9128E41DAE@microsoft.com...
> What version of RMS are you using?
> I am using RMS 2.0.0115 with a 22" net display showing only one web site
> and
> it show the items at the ring up and then a new item pic or black screen
> if
> you have no item pic available and then returns back to the website after
> the
> sale is rung up and finished just fine.
>
> --
> Steve
>

> "Alex" wrote:
>
>> RMS doesn't cycle through the different net channels or update the net
>> display when nobody is logged in. When I mentioned this to MS they, of
>> course, told me to enter this as product suggestion (instead of
>> acknowledging and fixing the bug!!!).
>>

>> <jfinn659@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I have set up my POS with 12" rear displays to  display HTML files
>> > that I have created from powerpoint pps. I have also attached pictures
>> > to some, but not all of my items so that they display relevant
>> > promotions or upcoming events when scanned at POS. I have set the net
>> > display channel option 'Display each item's picture as it is rung up'.
>> >
>> > I have two issues with this setup.
>> >
>> > 1) When I scan item, the picture is displayed. However, the item's
>> > picture is displayed on net display until I logon to POS for next
>> > transaction. (I MUST have option 'forece Logon for each sale'
>> > activated). The html file does not restart until then.
>> >
>> > 2) If an item has no picture attached, then when that item is scanned
>> > at POS a black screen is displyed. Again, this is displayed until I
>> > logon to POS for next transaction.
>> >
>> > Is it not possible to have the html files restart/display when
>> > transaction is tendered.
>> >
>> > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > J.

0
Alex6724 (221)
5/27/2008 2:11:57 PM
J. Merchants Consulting, LLC. has the answer for you.  Please call
253-509-2110.

"jfinn659@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have set up my POS with 12" rear displays to  display HTML files
> that I have created from powerpoint pps. I have also attached pictures
> to some, but not all of my items so that they display relevant
> promotions or upcoming events when scanned at POS. I have set the net
> display channel option 'Display each item's picture as it is rung up'.
>
> I have two issues with this setup.
>
> 1) When I scan item, the picture is displayed. However, the item's
> picture is displayed on net display until I logon to POS for next
> transaction. (I MUST have option 'forece Logon for each sale'
> activated). The html file does not restart until then.
>
> 2) If an item has no picture attached, then when that item is scanned
> at POS a black screen is displyed. Again, this is displayed until I
> logon to POS for next transaction.
>
> Is it not possible to have the html files restart/display when
> transaction is tendered.
>
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> J.

0
Don4849 (203)
5/28/2008 8:44:01 PM
Please post answer for all to see....

Dan
"Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> J. Merchants Consulting, LLC. has the answer for you.  Please call
> 253-509-2110.
>
> "jfinn659@gmail.com" wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have set up my POS with 12" rear displays to  display HTML files
>> that I have created from powerpoint pps. I have also attached pictures
>> to some, but not all of my items so that they display relevant
>> promotions or upcoming events when scanned at POS. I have set the net
>> display channel option 'Display each item's picture as it is rung up'.
>>
>> I have two issues with this setup.
>>
>> 1) When I scan item, the picture is displayed. However, the item's
>> picture is displayed on net display until I logon to POS for next
>> transaction. (I MUST have option 'forece Logon for each sale'
>> activated). The html file does not restart until then.
>>
>> 2) If an item has no picture attached, then when that item is scanned
>> at POS a black screen is displyed. Again, this is displayed until I
>> logon to POS for next transaction.
>>
>> Is it not possible to have the html files restart/display when
>> transaction is tendered.
>>
>> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> J.

0
AliaS1 (93)

Look up by Date issue
I have a date field that I want to filter based on a date. However the date contains the date and time. I want to allow the user to enter the date to filter the date. When we enter the date in the criteria - it comes up with no records. However there is data when not filtered. What can I do? -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201003/1 On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 21:55:53 GMT, "mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" <u16013@uwe> wrote: >I have a date field that I ...

Modify display name
Hi, How do I modify an Exchange 2003 mailbox so it shows up in Outlook 2003 as Mailbox - name. I am having a problem with an application that runs fine on mailboxes starting with "Mailbox -" but without this syntax I am having problems. The application developer recommends modifying the Display name but I cannot spot how to do this. Any ideas? Thanks, Allan You modify the display name is the properties of tha account in Active Directory Users and Computers, in the general tab. "Allan Nielsen" wrote: > Hi, > > How do I modify an Exchange 2003 mailbox so it s...

Restore single item from Public Folders
I have a single distribution list that was deleted from the Office Contacts in Public Folders. Is there anything even close to an easy way to restore just the one distribution list? Or am I in the boat of building a Virtual Server with Exchange, doing a full recovery of Public Folders, and then exporting the DL to a file and pulling that back into the production server? Thanks, Gordon you don't have DIR configured? if you do, and you're the folder owner, you should be able to recover the entry via Outlook (Recover Deleted Items)... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Gordon Price&qu...

How to tell if folder item is file or folder?
Hi all. Now I am processing data in folders. I get a listing of folder contents and have to test to determine whether item is folder or file. I have this routine: strPath is previously set with valid data, strType is previously defined. Dim objDI As New System.IO.DirectoryInfo(strPath) For Each objFSI As System.IO.FileSystemInfo In objDI.GetFileSystemInfos() If objFSI.Attributes() And IO.FileAttributes.Directory Then strType = "Folder" Else strType = "File" End If Next My question is whether this is the...

Any advantage to sticking to older .net frameworks?
Hi Guys, Quick one I hope. Is there any advantage to developing under older frameworks, such as 2.0 or 3.0 now that 3.5 is out and v4.0 is in the making? Thanks & all the best, - Ed 2.0 will run on Windows 98 and 2000. 3.0 and later require XP or Windows Server 2003. Mike. "Ed." <tinman_x@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ec2RhbicKHA.4780@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > Quick one I hope. Is there any advantage to developing under older > frameworks, such as 2.0 or 3.0 now that 3.5 is out and v4.0 is in the > making? &...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

Group Items on Report but do Not Sort the Group alphabetically
I have a table called "category" with a list of dropdown items in it. The table only has an autonumber key and the list of items in it. The items are listed in a specific order in the table and are not sorted alphbetically in the table nor in the query for the table. The items are listed in the table as a dropdown in this order and the query also shows the items in this order: Administration Human Resources Events Periodicals I want to group the data in my report based on the "category" listing as shown in both the table and the query. However, as soon as "group&...

Email to Case with Description issue
Hi, I created the workflow to convert the email to a case. My problem now is with the email description. When I was trying to map it to the description of the case and run the workflow, the workflow found errors stating that the text is too long. Now I tried to put a shorter description in my email, but my issue here now is that the description in the created case contains HTML tag. How do I resolve this? Add this code on the OnLoad event of the Case entity. var strDescription; strDescription = crmForm.description.DataValue; strDescription = strInputCode.replace(/<\/?[^>]+(>...

Outlook 2004 issues with image attachments under SL
If you wish to report this bug please do so here. http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html There is a conflict between Entourage 2004 and Preview under SL. When I get a message with a image and click on the image to open it, preview opens up a blank document. However when I drag and drop the image to the desktop it opens fine. I DID NOT experience this problem under Tiger (most recently moved from Tiger to Snow Leopard). Please fix this problem, thanks! John -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translati...

Cannot delete Sent Items
I am trying to clean up about 2000 messages in a users "Sent Items" folder. I've tried highlighting one or more items and clicking on the delete button and I get no response. I've also right clicked on just one and selected delete and still nothing. Anybody have any suggestions as to what may be happening. Thanks Monty ...

BANGLA@GROP.NET
U aer bangldese flies give me som aidia.who to make frand. ...

only display active HR benefits
There is no option to mark a master HR life, retirement or health benefit as inactive. In addition to being able to mark a master HR benefit record as inactive and roll-down changes thru HR and Payroll, it would be significantly helpul to clients with a lot of plan and therefore code changes each year if there was a setup option to 'only display active HR benefits' in the lookup windows when creating/editing employee records. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, clic...

Display page number in a cell
Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of header/footer? This would require some codding to find the pagebreaks and enter a sequential number in a cell above each page break. Have a look at this thread. http://snipurl.com/9ffk Note David MCRitchie's links to Myrna Larson code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:13:04 -0700, sbuddy <sbuddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of >header/footer? ...

Display of 3D bar charts...looking jagged??
Is there anyway to get around the way excel displays 3D bar charts.....they look the edges of the bars are not smooth they look like a child drew them with broken lines....I cut and paste these charts into Powerpoint and my boss presents these presentations to clients via email attachments and the clients get to see how rough the bars are.....any ideas? Thanks in advance...oh, and good working with you all! Do you make the charts in a new work sheet ? I never had that issue in xls, but when copying too small pics/charts into ppt, they will be distorted when resized. Using a new worksh...

Emails moved from Sent Items to subfolder moving to Deleted Items instead
We have a problem where a couple of users are moving emails from their Sent Items to folders that are subfolders of their Inbox. However, random emails are moving to the Deleted Items instead. The users have no rules set up, and there is no limit on mailbox size for users. I know it's easy to dismiss them as having made a mistake, but one of the users is pretty competent and has in fact had this problem in the past. Has anyone experienced this problem? ...

GetItemRect() not consistent with display after updating iIntegral #2
Sorry about the repost. I am trying to set the height of a CTreeCtrl item using the iIntegral property of TVITEMEX and SetItem. This is within the context of a splitter window with a left and a right pane. The left pane contains the tree and the right pane displays graphical elements which are vertically aligned with corresponding tree items. When iIntegral is set, the tree redisplays as expected, however the results from GetItemRect() do not change. As a result, the graphical elements in the right pane are not correctly vertically aligned. The only thing that seems to update GetItemRect...

item barcodes and sql query
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C89274.4D47EC80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Customer forgot to set the right barcodes for the items they left it blank. Customer would like to print labels but since they did not specify the right barcode types in the item properties I guess it will not work. So is there a sql query that can do that? For example I would like to it to use upca for all items, since almost all of their products are upca's. Thank you. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C...

MHT Format Changes Display
Hello all! A document I have created in Word 2007 is displaying some of the text in Times font when viewed through Explorer. Arial was used when creating the document and it displays correctly while in Word in both print layout and web layout. I have tried to cut the text and filter it through notepad to remove any hidden formatting. I also changed the "cut, copy, and paste" options in Word 2007 to "Match Destination Formatting" but nothing has worked. Thanks for any assistance provided! ...

MRP Regeneration
Trx >> Manufacturing >> MRP >> Regeneration I am trying to understand the following error, rcvd when reconciling a single item in MRP: Unhandled script exception: Object has no reference. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM SCRIPT_CMD_DEREF_TABLE The only suggestion I found in the knowledge base (doc ID 25918) does not seem to apply to our issue. This suggests field RCRDTYPE may have the wrong value in table IV00102 - the appropriate value is set in our case. I rcvd this error when investigating why an item was not showing requirements correctly in MRP. I continue to rc...

Permanently deleting mail from deleted items folder?
Any one found a way of permanently deleting obvious junk mail from deleted items folder yet or is there any Knowledge Base article on it yet beyond the one which say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly? Generally, emptying the Deleted Items folder permanently deletes the contents. I'm curious, which KB article are you referring to that "say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly"? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fi...

duplicated items in calender and contact folder due to palm synch
To all, all the contacts and calendar events in one of our user's Outlook got triple or more duplicated copies after he synchronized with his palm yesterday, and duplicates happened to his palm as well. to manually delete those over thousand of duplicates from Outlook will take lots of times. is there anyway we can fix that instead of restore them from backup. thanks calvin ...

Question about removing a KB##### item
I suspect a recent update 6/11 KB982381 to IE 8 causing an issue. I'll skip the long reason. I have installed other items after this update. So when I go to remove the KB item via Control Panel, I get a message that a list of programs might not work after I do, about 10-12 items. Is this Microsoft's disclaimer or a real concern. I thought it was an easy thing to remove an update? I mean, it is easy, but I thought it was kinda idiot proof. TIA Big_Al wrote: > I suspect a recent update 6/11 KB982381 to IE 8 causing an issue. > I'll skip the long re...

FindRecord2K works perfectly, how to display results in my form??
I downloaded the findrecord2k search form. I would like to add a command button that takes those results that are generated from the query and displays them in my form. There are several command buttons available, would it be easier to modify an event to include displaying the search results in my form instead of the unbound control? ...

RMS, bulk items
How to do a PO and cycle count for bulk chesses, any ideas thoughts please. ...

PO Line Item Notes
All, I have a client that needs to use lengthy notes that appear on the Purchase Order. They use the Item Record notes for inventory items (and I have already done the appropriate linking and mods to show these notes on the PO). The question comes from non-inventory items. The line item comment is not long enough for their needs. Is the best idea a VBA mod or can anyone recommend a 3rd party app that might streamline this process? -- Tom Crawford, CPA, MCP Tom, Without having to go for a VBA or third party that might involve some investment for the client, you can choose to have ...