negative qty on order

I was a few $ short of a minimum order on a PO.  The supplier added 1 more
case pack of an item to meet the minimum.  When I received against my PO, I
received 18, and the order qty was 12.  Now when I run and qty reports, it
shows -6 on order for this item.  When I look at the item itself, it shows 0
on order.  I manually reduced the on hand quantities to test if it would be
added to a PO based on re-order quantities.  That worked fine.  How do I get
rid of the -6 on order in my reports?

Thanks in advance,

MP
0
MaryPat (10)
3/21/2005 4:19:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Not sure what reports you're seeing this on, were they customized to include
the Qty on Order, or am I just not seeing that field?  In any case, if you
go to File/Configuration, Options, Purchase Order Options and select the
option "Allow edit of closed purchase orders", then open the PO for edit and
change the Qty Ordered to the Qty you received, the negative number should
go away.  Strange that when you receive less than you ordered RMS detects it
and asks you if you want to change to the lower amount, but it doesn't catch
an over shipment...

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Mary-Pat" <MaryPat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was a few $ short of a minimum order on a PO.  The supplier added 1 more
> case pack of an item to meet the minimum.  When I received against my PO,
> received 18, and the order qty was 12.  Now when I run and qty reports, it
> shows -6 on order for this item.  When I look at the item itself, it shows
> 0
> on order.  I manually reduced the on hand quantities to test if it would
> be
> added to a PO based on re-order quantities.  That worked fine.  How do I
> get
> rid of the -6 on order in my reports?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> MP

0
glenn1806 (721)
3/21/2005 6:06:54 PM
That worked Glenn, Thank-you.

The report I was referring to was the summary sales report from the MS web
site.  It lists each item only once with totals sales - looks much like the
detailed sales report without the repitition and transaction detail.

Mary-Pat

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Not sure what reports you're seeing this on, were they customized to include
> the Qty on Order, or am I just not seeing that field?  In any case, if you
> go to File/Configuration, Options, Purchase Order Options and select the
> option "Allow edit of closed purchase orders", then open the PO for edit and
> change the Qty Ordered to the Qty you received, the negative number should
> go away.  Strange that when you receive less than you ordered RMS detects it
> and asks you if you want to change to the lower amount, but it doesn't catch
> an over shipment...
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "Mary-Pat" <MaryPat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was a few $ short of a minimum order on a PO.  The supplier added 1 more
> > case pack of an item to meet the minimum.  When I received against my PO,
> > received 18, and the order qty was 12.  Now when I run and qty reports, it
> > shows -6 on order for this item.  When I look at the item itself, it shows
> > 0
> > on order.  I manually reduced the on hand quantities to test if it would
> > be
> > added to a PO based on re-order quantities.  That worked fine.  How do I
> > get
> > rid of the -6 on order in my reports?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > MP

0
MaryPat (10)

Reverse the order of values
Office XP. I am trying to reverse the values in a column of cells from positive to negative & neg to pos. Excel HELP tells me to go to the FORMAT menu & click Selected Axis then click the Scale tab. These options are not listed on the FORMAT menu. I tried going to the TOOLS menu & selecting CUSTOMIZE but I can't find where to add Selected Axis & Scale. Am I in the right place? Put -1 in an empty cell, copy it, then select the entire set of data and do Edit / paste Special / Multiply. Negs will turn pos and pos will turn neg, zero unaffected. -- Regards ...

FORMULA USING MASTER QTY
have a 12 month period where i enter a master qty per month not to exceed 6 (ie 1.3 = 9 units) how do i sum the period and have excel calculate the formula. ns what would that formula be? todd, I don't know about anyone else but I don't follow what it is you are asking. Can you give more details and possibly a (text) example. -- Regards Sandy sandymann@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1450E1A-1C25-48EA-A125-45AA529222C0@microsoft.com... > have a 12 month period where i enter...

Print Purchase Order lines for Purchase Orders on Hold
How can I print purchase lines for a purchase order on hold. How can the report be modified to do this? hi Go to Report ---- purchasing---analysis----purchase orderstatus and print the Po which you want sarath "Jack Tundra" wrote: > How can I print purchase lines for a purchase order on hold. How can the > report be modified to do this? > > > MRP - Thanks but that does not print the purchase order report that I am looking for. It prints an analysis report which is probably not the best. Any other option? "MRP-consoloidation of main stores and su...

Kit And Back Order #2
I am in a situation where I have a kit item on a Sales Order for a quantity of 20. I will only ship complete kits out. My inventory levels will only allow me to ship 10 kits right know. GP will let me do all 20 or none right know. It would be ideal to get 10 to invoice and 10 to go into the back order field. I am looking for away to make this work. I have reviewed the MBS Professional Tool for Partial Kit Transfers but that fell well short of what is being asked. Modules that are in the installation that might come in are SOP,Inventory, and Manufacturing. I looked at Quick Mo's in ...

Drop Ship Sales Order and Purchase Order
I am entering a drop ship sales order and then creating a drop ship purchase order. The drop ship sales order needs to be invoiced before we receive the accounts payable invoice. GP doesn't allow that until the ap invoice is matched. Obviously for cash flow purposes we wouldn't want to wait. I know we can break the link on the po and so but we really don't want to do that. We need this corrected. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&q...

Purchase Order Receivings
Allow a default for the company or the user that can set the receiving type to either Shipment or Shipment/Invoice ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4780a245-...

Negative percentage in data verification dropdown list?
Is it possible to have a negative percentage a in data verification list as one of the choices in the dropdown list ? Negative percentages display incorrectly in a percentage-formatted cell, and don't calculate correctly in formulas. Positive .01 displays as 1% and correctly calculates, but negative -.01 dislpays as -.01 and creates an entirely incorrect value when run through my formulas. I've also tried .-01. Any secrets out there? If you have formatted the dropdown cell to percentage format.. that would display all percentages in % format -- Jacob "Gary...

Incorrect sales order subtotal
We get orders from time to time where the sub-total doesn't add up to the correct amount based on the line items. The reconcile routine fixes these if we find them before they are in history, otherwise it doesn't have any effect. What happens to cause these sub-totals to be off on a sales order? -- Jim@TurboChef There aren't any known bugs in Great Plains that would cause this out of the box. Note I said "known" as you obviously cannot predict the unknown. But a known bug like this would be fixed as "data damaging" at the first available service pack. ...

Integrate Project Purchase Orders with Fixed Assets.
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5e2d9b82-1425-4e78-8535-c569411db1f2&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains How do you want to integrate the modules? -- Cha...

Import Purchase Order data to HQ
We have some stores and we place purchase orders in HQ system for every store. Now purchase order data is in a excel file and We need import PO data from it in HQ system. How can I do it? Thanks. Jerry wrote: > We have some stores and we place purchase orders in HQ system for every > store. Now purchase order data is in a excel file and We need import PO data > from it in HQ system. How can I do it? > Thanks. or qsimport or custom-process (for complete automation-system) bye antonio hi,antonio Thanks for your reply. You said custom-process mean customize a process myself...

OL2002 Rules Wizard Order?
Hello, Does anyone know if the rules wizard on OL2002 runs each rule in turn against all folders or, all rules against each folder in turn? I'm trying to order my rules into some sort of working order but don't seem to be getting the results i'd expect. Cheers, <M> the rules run only as new mail arrives and in the order listed - add a stop processing action to rules if messages are affected by more than they should be. -- "<M>" <mike.dinnis@tesco.net> wrote in message news:1136569756.747441.159760@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, &...

Change the listed order of deposits?
Can I force a Direct Deposit to display first for the day instead of last? It seems that all deposits appear in the register as the last listing of the day. Any suggestions? Here's the basic answer: http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=170. Obviously if downloaded data is involved, you have no control over entry order. "David H. Hagen" <David H. Hagen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB67E428-271F-4655-B08D-BB5E013F8A8A@microsoft.com... > Can I force a Direct Deposit to display first for the day instead of last? > It seems that all deposits appear i...

Getting windows in left to right taskbar order
Hi, I was playing with the EnumWindows() and EnumDesktopWindows() functions to get a list of open windows to populate a list box but both of them enumerate windows in the Z-order. I want the list box to be populated in left to right order of the windows seen on the taskbar. Is there a way to make either of these functions return windows in that order or to sort the list box once it has been filled? Thanks in advance, Ashish. <ashish.sadanandan@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1186205612.295233.142190@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I was playing with the EnumWindows() ...

ORDER DETAIL SUBFORM
Iam using the customer order database which I downloaded from the microsoft website. I have a order detail subform which has a combo box which retrieves the ProductID from Products. I also want the unit price to be retreived from the products table. I don't want the customer to change the unit price in the order detail. Please help me to create this. Thank you PON ...

Purchase Order and Smart List
Hi Does anyone knows if it's possible to get the comment line in the footer of the purchase order into the smart list? Yes, with a product like SmartList Builder HS "Pat" <patrickb@jovaco.ca> wrote in message news:9afc01c486b8$c29d4e10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > Does anyone knows if it's possible to get the comment line > in the footer of the purchase order into the smart list? ...

Order of events relating to a FormView inside a wizard step
Hi. I am using asp.net 3.5SP1. I have a form view that is inside a wizardStep. Inside the FormView, I have label controls I want to access and assign text to when the wizardStep with the FormView on it becomes visible. Is it safe to put this code in the FormView.ItemCreated event? More the less, does the FormView.ItemCreated event fire when the WizardStep it is on becomes visible? or is there more to it? You use the event handlers of the Wizard control particularly the ActiveStep property "Andy B." <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:OYqAG%2...

transferring SOP order to invoice
Hello: You know that usually if there is a PO attached to a Sales Order that, once the PO is received, it shows “fully received” and will allow you to transfer to an invoice. Well, a client is running across a lot of Sales Orders that the PO link still shows “purchased” which usually means they haven’t received an invoice. But, when they use SmartList and look up the PO I am finding that they have indeed received an invoice and it shows a link to the PO. This is not good. They, then, break the link on the SO so that they can transfer to an invoice since Ithey know the expense was rec...

Calcuating % of increase
I am trying to calculate the % of increase in revenue from one year to the next. If Cell A2 (2003) is $100.00 If Cell A3 (2004)is $500.00 % of Increase in Cell A4 is 400% using the formula =(A3-A2)/A2 This works great but my problem is that in SOME cases, the previous year's revenue is in negative numbers. In that case, it calculates the % of increase correctly but it makes it a negative % instead of a positive one. If Cell A2 (2003) is ($100.00) If Cell A3 (2004)is $500.00 % of Increase in Cell A4 is -600% using the formula =(A3-A2)/A2 This should be a positive 600%. Is the...

Tab order 05-19-05
Hi! Can someone tell me hov can I change the tab order on a form. I have moved and removed some fields on some forms and now the tab order is all mixed up. Thanks, m Hi, You can arrange tabs using the Form Editor. Just select a tab and use the green left and right buttons to move them around. Save the form, publish it using the deployment manager and reset iis afterwards. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Mikkhail" wrote: > Hi! > > Can someone tell me hov can I change the tab order on a form. I have moved > and removed some fields on some forms and ...

Contact Name and TO: field names not listed in same order
I am using Outlook 2007. I have several instances of this problem, but most names are ok. In my Contact list, all of the names are displayed properly, last name, then first name. However, when I am sending an email and click on the TO: button to get the list of contacts, a few of the names are listed first name then last name and the are alphabetically in order by their first name. For example, I will have Tom Smith in the Contact database as Smith, Tom. All three fields (Full Name, File as name and Display as name) show Smith, Tom. And the name appears in the S names when I show the C...

Showing month of the year in chronological order in a report.
Hi everyone, I am having a bit of a problem. I am doing a report to show monthly savings. My report is based on a query with the following fields: Date closed by month and Summary of savings. Here is the problem. The report shows the date closed by month with the sum for each month. However, the month are not in chronoligical order as I want them to be. Secondly, there is a random date of December, 1899 in the report. How do I get rid of the December 1899 date and how do I make the month list in chronoligical order? Thanks for your help. The Month function will return the number of...

Sort Order is Mixed-Up
I use an Excel 2003 worksheet for storing the results of my medical lab results. One of the columns is labled "Component" and contains the names of the tests. I have formatted the cells in this column as text. I also have a column for the dates of the tests. When I try to sort by Component, the rows don't end up in alphabetical order. Rows 2-13 are sorted alphabetically from CORTISOL to SODIUM And then it starts over and rows 14-70 are sorted alphabetically ADDITIONAL FINDINGS to VITD-25 OH I'd be grateful for some ideas on how to troubleshoot and solve this problem. ...

Date order #2
I was wondering how i sort dates in time order. I am making a bowlin score average sheet and I have put the scores in, but not i chronological order. I have five colums across and was wondering i when i sort the dates will all the other information stay with the sam date. Thank -- scottnoddin7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottnoddin77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2665 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39932 Scott, If you've typed bona-fide dates, they'll s...

How can I turn off the automatic ordering of the data in Pivot Cha
I have some data, which I would like to rearrange in the chart, but it's automatically re-ordering it. I have tried manually re-ordering the data, but that's not helping. The Pivot chart seems to automatically override what order I put the data in, and charting it as it wants. I have tried unchecking the Automatic Formatting, but no change. Help? ...

charting closed vs opened orders
I have 2 pivot tables, 1 which contains the number of orders created per week Create Week Total 1/31/2005 1 2/14/2005 2 2/21/2005 5 2/28/2005 6 3/7/2005 1 3/14/2005 2 3/21/2005 3 5/9/2005 1 5/23/2005 3 5/30/2005 2 6/6/2005 5 6/13/2005 8 6/20/2005 6 6/27/2005 2 7/4/2005 3 7/11/2005 12 7/18/2005 10 and another which contains the number of orders closed per week. Close Week Total 2/28/2005 1 3/14/2005 3 5/9/2005 1 5/16/2005 1 5/23/2005 3 6/20/2005 1 6/27/2005 4 7/25/2005 6 8/8/2005 4 8/22/2005 14 8/29/2005 1 9/5/2005 1 9/12/2005 3 9/19/2005 5 9/26/2005 2 both are derived from the same data. I ...