Need HELP!

I need a way to import purchase orders into RMS.  Most of my vendors do
on-line ordering, and I receive a file (that I can convert to text), of what
what ordered.  I want to be able to import this to RMS so I can see what's on
order, and to make receiving easier.  SURELY someone has done this.  Please
help.  My staff is spending HOURS doing duplicate entry because of the online
order and then having to put it in RMS.

tracy@premium-pet.com
0
twpet (16)
12/6/2005 4:17:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Retail Realm has a tool to import PO's but I've never used it so I don't know
how well it works.

There might be other RMS Addon Developers that have a solution as well.

Rob

"twpet" wrote:

> I need a way to import purchase orders into RMS.  Most of my vendors do
> on-line ordering, and I receive a file (that I can convert to text), of what
> what ordered.  I want to be able to import this to RMS so I can see what's on
> order, and to make receiving easier.  SURELY someone has done this.  Please
> help.  My staff is spending HOURS doing duplicate entry because of the online
> order and then having to put it in RMS.
>
> tracy@premium-pet.com
0
rob242 (534)
12/6/2005 5:07:03 AM
Before you spend big bucks on some add-on software, you might find out if you
can export the POs in a format your vendors will accept or that can be
copied/pasted into their online ordering system.

It's probably a long shot, but it can't hurt to ask...

Tom

"twpet" wrote:

> I need a way to import purchase orders into RMS.  Most of my vendors do
> on-line ordering, and I receive a file (that I can convert to text), of what
> what ordered.  I want to be able to import this to RMS so I can see what's on
> order, and to make receiving easier.  SURELY someone has done this.  Please
> help.  My staff is spending HOURS doing duplicate entry because of the online
> order and then having to put it in RMS.
>
> tracy@premium-pet.com
0
tomg1 (230)
12/7/2005 11:58:03 PM
Tom,

Tracy is asking about importing not exporting.

On that note if you know that all the items that you have ordered are in the
database you can import the items into a Temporary table then join that to
the Items table and import directly into the PurchaseOrderEntry table. Then
if the files are always in the same format you could create a DTS package to
help you automate the process.

Rob

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> Before you spend big bucks on some add-on software, you might find out if
> you
> can export the POs in a format your vendors will accept or that can be
> copied/pasted into their online ordering system.
>
> It's probably a long shot, but it can't hurt to ask...
>
> Tom
>

> "twpet" wrote:
>
>> I need a way to import purchase orders into RMS.  Most of my vendors do
>> on-line ordering, and I receive a file (that I can convert to text), of
>> what
>> what ordered.  I want to be able to import this to RMS so I can see
>> what's on
>> order, and to make receiving easier.  SURELY someone has done this.
>> Please
>> help.  My staff is spending HOURS doing duplicate entry because of the
>> online
>> order and then having to put it in RMS.
>>
>> tracy@premium-pet.com

0
rob242 (534)
12/8/2005 2:35:06 AM
Thanks guys.

Tom, I appreciate the suggestion - however, it is a problem I have with
multiple vendors.  I've talked to them, and they are not very responsive.

Rob, I was hoping to avoid the "big bucks" solution.  Also, I've tried to
contact Retail Realm, but they won't talk to me.  They'll only work through
my partner.  My problem is I'm cheap, and I don't want to pay my "partner" a
fortune to do research and install an application that I can do myself.  The
whole "partner" thing is way out of hand, as far as I'm concerned....but
that's another rant.

Anyway, as to your last suggestion.  I'm not extraordinarily technical, but
I can usually hold my own.  I've done all my own work on my system after my
"partner" delivered my software and showed me the basics.  I'd like a littel
more info on your suggestion.  I'm just now learning sql query (I've used
AS-400 for years).  So, if you can give me basics, I'm sure I could get the
hang of it.

Thanks a lot.  my email is tracy@premium-pet.com.

"Rob" wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Tracy is asking about importing not exporting.
>
> On that note if you know that all the items that you have ordered are in the
> database you can import the items into a Temporary table then join that to
> the Items table and import directly into the PurchaseOrderEntry table. Then
> if the files are always in the same format you could create a DTS package to
> help you automate the process.
>
> Rob
>
> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> > Before you spend big bucks on some add-on software, you might find out if
> > you
> > can export the POs in a format your vendors will accept or that can be
> > copied/pasted into their online ordering system.
> >
> > It's probably a long shot, but it can't hurt to ask...
> >
> > Tom
> >

> > "twpet" wrote:
> >
> >> I need a way to import purchase orders into RMS.  Most of my vendors do
> >> on-line ordering, and I receive a file (that I can convert to text), of
> >> what
> >> what ordered.  I want to be able to import this to RMS so I can see
> >> what's on
> >> order, and to make receiving easier.  SURELY someone has done this.
> >> Please
> >> help.  My staff is spending HOURS doing duplicate entry because of the
> >> online
> >> order and then having to put it in RMS.
> >>
> >> tracy@premium-pet.com

0
twpet (16)
12/8/2005 12:18:02 PM
You may want to try a company called Digital Retailer, I know they have an
add-on program called "POLoader" and that may accomplish what you need. Their
website is www.digitalretailer.com

"twpet" wrote:

> I need a way to import purchase orders into RMS.  Most of my vendors do
> on-line ordering, and I receive a file (that I can convert to text), of what
> what ordered.  I want to be able to import this to RMS so I can see what's on
> order, and to make receiving easier.  SURELY someone has done this.  Please
> help.  My staff is spending HOURS doing duplicate entry because of the online
> order and then having to put it in RMS.
>
> tracy@premium-pet.com

Help w/ GRIDLINES EXCEL 2003
GRINDLINES will not show in PRINT PREVIEW nor will they change color to BLACK as I want them to using TOOLS > OPTIONS > VIEW All Background Settings are in DEFAULT since original Install. I am stuck on a report until I get this solved. I am willing to send Spreadsheet via email if you'd like to view my situation. Thank You Ken in page setup check gridlines -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Caroken" wrote: > GRINDLINES will not show in PRINT PREVIEW nor will they change color to > BLACK as I want them to using TOOLS > OPTIONS > VIEW > &...

Need help building a model in Excel
I'm modeling a two-step industrial process for work Step #1 occurs anytime (date or day of week), step #1 requires 21 days to completion Step #2 follows step #1, but occurs ONLY on Mondays, so, for example,for a particular instance, if (start date of step #1 + 21 days) is a Wed, step #2 doesn't commence until the following Monday. I'm counting pieces (widgets) that will pass from step#1 to step#2, and this model helps to provide estimates for the resources needed to complete step #2 I've having intellectual problems trying to slove this So input is count of widgets ente...

Need to put a name in the column heading
I am a new user and I cannot seem to put titles in the column headings. Thanks for your help. The help section was not of any use for the searches I made. If you mean that you want to replace the "A", "B", etc., the borders are not customizable. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "windsorhartung" <windsorhartung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C556A73-3230-4FB8-A9AA-EAA36E5B15C3@microsoft.com... |I am a new user and I cannot seem to put titles in the column headings. | Thanks for your help. The help section was not of any use for the searches ...

Help! Cannot delete email
I have received 2 different emails. One keeps showing up every hour over & over again in Junk e-mail folder. Another email is doing the same in my Norton Anti-Spam folder. The message has been deleted from the mail server but problem will not go away. I have to delete 100's every day of these What can I do?? How do you know that its the *same mail msg* and not a new msg that is the same. Perhaps the email addy you used in this post is your real email, and as such will have been harvested for spam <goner@ev1.net> wrote in message news:rgvag2tl4njnupndki9c55j5vh5bj4clii@4ax.com.....

Loop help
Hello all, I created (recorded) a macro to sort and subtotal raw data with the following: Sub SubtotalBalSheet() ' ' SubtotalBalSheet Macro ' Macro recorded 10/15/2004 by A24479 ' ' Rows("1:1").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "G/L" Range("B1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Branch" Range("C1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Description" Range("D1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Current Month&...

Outlook on XP is showing emails but not any appointments, help!
To elaborate, I have configured my outlook client so that it receives/sends emails and that works, but I can't see any of the appointments on my calendar. I have outlook set up at work, and that works fine, but now trying to do it from home. thanks! ...

Need to Block Sender/Domain?
I am using outlook express and want to block a user by name or domain. It is junk mail. I am using XP but when I select any mail then message the 'Blocker Sender' option is not available, light gray rather than black text to select. I cannot get the option for any of my mail. I have also tried to block the sender or domain through hotmail, I know in the past I was able to block addresses, but cannot now. On hotmail I go to options, mail, but there is no option to block sender. How do I bock a sender or domain, has there been a change on how to do via outlook and the hotmail site? I...

Do I need a Smart Host?
We jsut upgraded Exchange 5.5 to 2003 in a win2k AD domain. We had no problems sending outgoing mail thru 5.5. With Ex2003, in event viewer I notice that any outside site looking for reverse ptr ( AOL, mercercounty.org, etc) rejects our mail. The mail will sit in the queue and retry, retry, retry, etc. We never had a problem sending to these sites with 5.5 Our email is hosted by Verizon, and they have assured me that there is a reverse ptr setup for us. I tend to believe them as this just occurred with the upgrade. Is Ex2003 sending directly to these sites, bypassing Verizon? I ...

Unable to open money
I installed Money 2004 in September on my new Dell computer. It has worked flawlessly - until last week! Now, when I attempt to open it I get: "Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money from your original product disks." When I click on the "OKAY" box, I get: "Do you want to check the installation of Money 2004?" When I click on the "OKAY" box, I get: "Finished! Money 2004 Installation Checker did not find any problems with this installation." When I click on the "OKAY" box, it closes. I get ...

Check boxes need to return a number
Hi, I have not done anything with check boxes before, so I am reall new at this. I am trying to do a sheet that will have check boxes tha when checked will return a number from another sheet. When the box i not checked, it should return a "0". If I just use a check column, don't have any problems with the formula to pull the number from th other sheet when you put an "x" in the column but I would like to us check boxes or buttons. I will be sharing this will peers and woul like to just make it a simple click. I have attached a copy of what have completed. Only...

can you help me with an invoice
I am trying to get a sample invoice Hi Try http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377071033.aspx -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "Steve B" wrote: > I am trying to get a sample invoice ...

Help!! Where are my Page Breaks for Page 2,3 etc.
I use Excell for XP and want to add Pagebreaks. Only Page 1 is visible after Menu > View > Pagebraks. I canot add braks with selecting row/column and rightclick. No result after both setting up Print Area and reset Print Area. -- Thank you for your help. Bart Remove X from my e-mail address to send me an e-mail Quite la X de mi direcci�n para enviarme correo electr�nico ____________________ 1.. Bart, does this help? On the View menu, click Page Break Preview. Do one of the following: View page breaks Manually inserted page breaks appear as solid lines. Dashed lines indicat...

Formula Needed for Corresponding Blank Cell
Hi All, Well that didn't work: =IF($B$7:$B$689<>"",IF($W$7:$X$689="","SOMETHING IS MISSING",""),"") And neither did this: =IF($B$7:$B$689<>"",IF(OR($W$7:$W$689=""),OR($X$7:$X$689=""),OR($Y$7:$Y $689="")),"SOMETHING IS MISSING",""),"") No laughing. I'm trying. And I did use Ctrl-Shift-Enter. It's supposed to catch blank cells in columns W, X, or Y if column B in the same row isn't blank. Column B is a date and W, X and Y are ...

Help with Lookup formula
I have a three columns of data, column A has part number, column B has cost, column C has company name. What I would like to be able to do is for a formula to lookup 'company1' and give me a total cost of the parts. Is this an easy thing to do? Hi Graham, Try this: =SUMIF(C1:C10,"company1",B1:B10) Regards, KL "Graham" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23EvZqXwpFHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have a three columns of data, column A has part number, column B has >cost, column C has company name. What I would like to be able to...

New 2k Exchange w/ existing 2k Exchange Server Problem HELP!!!!!!!
I just installed a new 2000 exchange server on my domain and I am having a problem connecting to it. I have an existing 2000 Exchange server called "BOSS" and my new one is called "exchsrvr" they are both online I am moving my mail box over to the new server "exchsrvr" and I just tried to sync my outlook up to the new one by entering the name of the new server "exchsrvr" and then my name and clicking "Check name" and once i click the "check name" button the server name changes back to my old exchange server "BOSS" how...

SUMPRODUCT help
Hi - some years ago I needed a formula that would count rows where certain columns were certain values. ie. in english, it'd be something like if col a = 1 and col d <8000 and col f > 5 then count the row. Someone sent me a SUMPRODUCT ( I think it was that) formula that did the trick. I can't find that formula - the xls file it was in is now gone, and once I again I need the same type of formula. I can't use DCOUNT since the cols to check are not sequential (next to eachother). Anyone know the trick of using SUMPRODUCT or some other formula (in case I remember is wro...

help with Xl time sheet
I am creating a time sheet. I am wondering if there is a short cut to enter the staffs time. Right now I copy and paste the time in but was hopeing there is a better way. here what I am working with part time who work 4 days in a row full time who work 5 days in a row I have early afternoon and late shifts My work week is 6 days. Colume "B" is mon "C" is tues... "G" is Sat. can I make 6 short cut keys to fit all my needs? I was thinking something like type f1 in colum "C" it would enter in 5 days of early shift(tuesday colume "C" to sat colum...

Help!!!! ActiveX control instanciated
To All, I need help creating an ActiveX control to be placed on a form at runtime. This cannot be done at design time since I don't know which ActiveX control to put on the form. Can someone please give me an idea where to look to instanciate an ActiveX control on the fly and drop it on a form? Thanks in advance, Kevin KevinC@coax.NoSpamHere.net hi, "Kevin Chandler" <KevinC@CoaxNoSpam.Net> wrote in message news:<rGs5b.12$W_3.149562@news.abs.net>... > To All, > > I need help creating an ActiveX control to be placed on a form at runtime. > This cannot...

Help SOS
I just upgraded my BDC Nt4 server installed with exchange 5.5 to win2k and during the upgrade I selected the role for this server to become a member server in the new Active directory. After upgrading the os, exchange services all fail to run. the user which use to log on all these exchange services is the domain administrator account. I tried using system account to log on but failed. Please help, thankyou SOS Do you have an Active Directory domain? "daniel" <c_weng_fai@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:022d01c3ab84$150b7110$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I just upgraded...

help on and/or formula needed
I have a formula that I cannot get right and have been working on it for several days now and would appreciate a "parenthesis" in the right place. The background : I have to calculate the total of a column based on the year of purchase of an item (depreciated over 5 years) BUT, the first 2 items only get included in the total if the column year is the year of purchase, i.e. the first year. Cells: o12:w12 contain the years to be totalled for K15/16 are the years for the first 2 items K19:K41 are the years for the remaining items BB15:BB41 are the values to be totalled all Year cell...

Need to display blank fields
It would be really good to have 26 records display per page (or at least on 1 page) even if there are only 2 records. In other words, today I have 2 checks but I need 24 blank records after to make up the entire deposit slip. Someone mentioned a line method but I do not believe that would get me the numbers 3. - 26. along side the blank records. Any ideas? "Michael" <michael@kisielrudnik.com> wrote > It would be really good to have 26 records > display per page (or at least on 1 page) even > if there are only 2 records. In other words, > today I hav...

Pivot percentages urgent help please
how do i consolidate percentges in a pivot table Actual YTD Gross Margin $3500 Gross Magin % 35 % pls help Either your clock is wrong or you are trying to stay at the top of the questions. I delete these. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kumar" <Kumar_p50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OyLKTHw%23DHA.2860@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > how do i consolidate percentges in a pivot table > > Actual YTD > Gross Margin $3500 > Gross Magin % 35 % > pls help > > > ...

Closest number match help ...
Looking for a way to find the number that falls closest to another number in Excel ... Cell A1 contains value 750 Cell A2 contains value 1500 Cell A3 contains value 3000 When I enter a value in cell A5 (e.g. 800), the result I would like retuned in cell B5 is the number from cell a1, a2 or a3 which is closest to the value in A5. Anyone any ideas how to do this please? Many thanks, NP. Hi try the followung array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =INDEX(A1:A4,MATCH(MIN(ABS(A1:AA4-A5)),ABS(A1:A4-A5),0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NP" <-@-.com> schri...

Criteria Query Error Please Help
I have a query with Criteria Between [Start Date] And [End Date] i t has been working fine until now. When I use start date 01-02-10 and end date 28-02-10 it returns an error 'this expression is typed incorrectly or is is to complex to be evaluated....' If I use any other dates i.e 01-01-10 - 31-01-10 it works fine, I can not see anything wrong with the data for the Feb dates. Thanks in advance V Have you declared the parameters As DateTime? If not the values entered could be misinterpreted as arithmetical expressions. You can declare them in design view or by a...

HELP: Publisher 2000 color problem
Hope someone can help me out here. I am using Pub 2000 and I can't get the color blue to come out as blue. It prints out as pink. Strange that the problem seems to be with the blue. Each time I choose to color a font or a box blue it prints out in a dark pinkish color. Anyone got any advice? Thanks in advance Winston Sounds like you have a clogged cartridge. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Winston" <replyme@comcast.net> wrote in message news:gpmdnZ1W-OJtC4XeRVn-qQ@comcast.com... > Hope someon...