Need help with SQL Query

Our database consists of over 10,000 items.  I'd like to re-organize
and format alot of the items we have in our database.  For instance,
I'd like to do something simple like search all items in the database
with a description of "7 1/8" and replace it with "718" and so on.

Is there a site or a point of reference to refer to for using basic SQL
commands for use with RMS?  Another example of where I could use SQL
would be for assigning select dept's/cats/items for a certain sale
promotion instead of having to goto the properties of each item and
manually selecting a sale.

0
trae78 (34)
2/7/2005 10:20:28 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

To search, try :

select description from item where description = '7 1/8'

To update you'd need to run :

update item set description = '718' where description = '7 1/8'

Unless your are very comfortable with database commands and recovery, I
won't recommend this.  Be sure to take a backup before running this.  A
mistake could result in updating all your items with 718 if you mistype
or don't copy in the "where description = '7 1/8'

0
jerrypenna (71)
2/7/2005 10:32:20 PM
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_tsqlcon_6lyk.asp?frame=true

Look up REPLACE and LIKE

Always back up your database before running any update query!

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Matt" <trae78@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Our database consists of over 10,000 items.  I'd like to re-organize
> and format alot of the items we have in our database.  For instance,
> I'd like to do something simple like search all items in the database
> with a description of "7 1/8" and replace it with "718" and so on.
>
> Is there a site or a point of reference to refer to for using basic SQL
> commands for use with RMS?  Another example of where I could use SQL
> would be for assigning select dept's/cats/items for a certain sale
> promotion instead of having to goto the properties of each item and
> manually selecting a sale.

0
glenn1806 (721)

Excel 97 VBA Help File

Leading and trailing spaces trimmed with SQL XML
Hi, I am inserting data into a table using xml bulk insert. One of the field is of string type and contains data with leading and trailing spaces. But on insert the spaces automatically trimmed off. Can you please tell me how to avoid this trimming of spaces, as i have to insert data using xml. EXEC sp_xml_preparedocument @hDoc OUTPUT, @InsertLines INSERT INTO tblLine WITH (TABLOCKX) ([Text]) SELECT [Text] FROM OPENXML (@hDoc, '/Lines/Line', 1) WITH ([Text] nvarchar(max)) EXEC sp_xml_removedocument @hDoc Thank you Frank bad_clone (bad_clone@hotmail.com) writes: ...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Help Required

Web query timeout setting.

Need HELP! for Linking data

SQL View with Smartlist Builder
I am having to recreate Anyviews (GP8) into Smartlists (GP10SP3). Not very happy. Many of our Smartlist require the use of SQL views do to the limitations of Anyview and now Smartlist. It appears that I must create a separate Smartlist for each company I wish to use my sql view with. Is there not a way to include a custom SQL view in Smartlist, and have Smartlist use the company the user is logged into? The view exist in each company database. Can this be done with SQL Reporting server and DynamicsGP? Can I pull a report based on the company db the user is logged into? Thanks for the...

Need to add to current formula

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Need macro help to close excel

Help with simple(?) VBA function

Outlook to SQL
The problem is this I'm trying to get my Contact list that was created on a Exchange Server to a SQL table. How do I do this with keeping the Database created in SQL up-to-date via Outlook. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm and = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/groupcontacts.htm for tools to help with = this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "ErikSQLConfuser" <ErikSQLConfuser@discussions.microsoft.com...

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Integration Transactions Pls help
Can anyone let me know how much time does the integration manager takes to upload a 10,000 lines(SOP) into GP There are two methods of importing SOP transactions. One uses the SQL optimized adapter and one does not. The method used depends upon the data you would need to map. There are some fields and business logic not available with the SQL adapter. But, assuming you are using the SQL adapter, you should be able to import 10,000 transactions in about 60 minutes or less. If you are using the other one, start it and go home for the night. It will take hours. If you have some reso...