Need help with RMS, "Kit" procedure.

I have combed over numerous case studies regarding retail use of Microsoft
RMS and cannot find any that are similar to our situation, so I'm posting it
here in the forum in the hopes that someone has an answer or a solution.  Our
company sells garments (t-shirts, pants, general merchandise), plus we also
sell transfers that are printed on these garments.  We need help in making a
"kit" or "bundle" procedure that will allow us to select a specific garment,
then select a specific transfer or logo and have RMS show the exact combined
price.

Has anyone come across this situation?  We are very eager to utilize RMS to
update our inventory system and modernize our inventory, sales operations,
etc.

Any help will be appreciated.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Kenny,

Have you tred using the Matrix functionality in RMS ?
Set-up Matrix items of your Garment / Transfer combo.
Price the matrix accordingly.
You can also use Kits in above.

Mihir Shah
Diviasoft, Inc
www.diviasoft.com

"kennyharrill" <kennyharrill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have combed over numerous case studies regarding retail use of Microsoft
> RMS and cannot find any that are similar to our situation, so I'm posting
> it
> here in the forum in the hopes that someone has an answer or a solution.
> Our
> company sells garments (t-shirts, pants, general merchandise), plus we
> also
> sell transfers that are printed on these garments.  We need help in making
> "kit" or "bundle" procedure that will allow us to select a specific
> garment,
> then select a specific transfer or logo and have RMS show the exact
> combined
> price.
>
> Has anyone come across this situation?  We are very eager to utilize RMS
> update our inventory system and modernize our inventory, sales operations,
> etc.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

0
mihirs (128)
1/26/2007 12:31:56 AM
Yes, we have used the Matrix function to set up garment "skus", so to speak,
based on color and size.  Example, we used it to set sizes small to XXXL and
five colors for a standard t-shirt.  Also, we have nearly 5,000 designs in
our database.  We don't want to have to set individual kits or matrixes for
each one.  We were hoping we would be able to choose a particular design
based on drop down lists.

Thanks for your reply.

"Mihir Shah" wrote:

> Kenny,
>
> Have you tred using the Matrix functionality in RMS ?
> Set-up Matrix items of your Garment / Transfer combo.
> Price the matrix accordingly.
> You can also use Kits in above.
>
> Mihir Shah
> Diviasoft, Inc
> www.diviasoft.com
>
> "kennyharrill" <kennyharrill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have combed over numerous case studies regarding retail use of Microsoft
> > RMS and cannot find any that are similar to our situation, so I'm posting
> > it
> > here in the forum in the hopes that someone has an answer or a solution.
> > Our
> > company sells garments (t-shirts, pants, general merchandise), plus we
> > also
> > sell transfers that are printed on these garments.  We need help in making
> > "kit" or "bundle" procedure that will allow us to select a specific
> > garment,
> > then select a specific transfer or logo and have RMS show the exact
> > combined
> > price.
> >
> > Has anyone come across this situation?  We are very eager to utilize RMS
> > update our inventory system and modernize our inventory, sales operations,
> > etc.
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated.

Try using Lot Matrix for your designs.
Craig

> Yes, we have used the Matrix function to set up garment "skus", so to
> speak,
> based on color and size.  Example, we used it to set sizes small to XXXL
> and
> five colors for a standard t-shirt.  Also, we have nearly 5,000 designs in
> our database.  We don't want to have to set individual kits or matrixes
> for
> each one.  We were hoping we would be able to choose a particular design
> based on drop down lists.
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> "Mihir Shah" wrote:
>
>> Kenny,
>>
>> Have you tred using the Matrix functionality in RMS ?
>> Set-up Matrix items of your Garment / Transfer combo.
>> Price the matrix accordingly.
>> You can also use Kits in above.
>>
>> Mihir Shah
>> Diviasoft, Inc
>> www.diviasoft.com
>>
>> "kennyharrill" <kennyharrill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have combed over numerous case studies regarding retail use of
>> >Microsoft
>> > RMS and cannot find any that are similar to our situation, so I'm
>> > posting
>> > it
>> > here in the forum in the hopes that someone has an answer or a
>> > solution.
>> > Our
>> > company sells garments (t-shirts, pants, general merchandise), plus we
>> > also
>> > sell transfers that are printed on these garments.  We need help in
>> > making
>> > "kit" or "bundle" procedure that will allow us to select a specific
>> > garment,
>> > then select a specific transfer or logo and have RMS show the exact
>> > combined
>> > price.
>> >
>> > Has anyone come across this situation?  We are very eager to utilize
>> > RMS
>> > update our inventory system and modernize our inventory, sales
>> > operations,
>> > etc.
>> >
>> > Any help will be appreciated.

0
craig6967 (916)
1/26/2007 2:24:02 PM
This doesn't help.  We're not able to tie this in with the matrixes we have
set up.

"Craig" wrote:

> Try using Lot Matrix for your designs.
> Craig
>
> "kennyharrill" <kennyharrill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, we have used the Matrix function to set up garment "skus", so to
> > speak,
> > based on color and size.  Example, we used it to set sizes small to XXXL
> > and
> > five colors for a standard t-shirt.  Also, we have nearly 5,000 designs in
> > our database.  We don't want to have to set individual kits or matrixes
> > for
> > each one.  We were hoping we would be able to choose a particular design
> > based on drop down lists.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > "Mihir Shah" wrote:
> >
> >> Kenny,
> >>
> >> Have you tred using the Matrix functionality in RMS ?
> >> Set-up Matrix items of your Garment / Transfer combo.
> >> Price the matrix accordingly.
> >> You can also use Kits in above.
> >>
> >> Mihir Shah
> >> Diviasoft, Inc
> >> www.diviasoft.com
> >>
> >> "kennyharrill" <kennyharrill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Is there any way possible to do a kit that would combine selecting an item
from a matrix with an item from a lot matrix and for the two to combine to
give an overall total?

"kennyharrill" wrote:

> This doesn't help.  We're not able to tie this in with the matrixes we have
> set up.
>
> "Craig" wrote:
>
> > Try using Lot Matrix for your designs.
> > Craig
> >
> > "kennyharrill" <kennyharrill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes, we have used the Matrix function to set up garment "skus", so to
> > > speak,
> > > based on color and size.  Example, we used it to set sizes small to XXXL
> > > and
> > > five colors for a standard t-shirt.  Also, we have nearly 5,000 designs in
> > > our database.  We don't want to have to set individual kits or matrixes
> > > for
> > > each one.  We were hoping we would be able to choose a particular design
> > > based on drop down lists.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your reply.

------=_NextPart_000_072F_01C743E1.4A581E60

Kenny,

To be honest, I would be looking at an Assembly instead of a Kit.

You can change the components of an Assembly, but not a Kit.  You can =
also use a Matrix or a Lot Matrix in an Assembly.

From SO Help;

There are two main differences between a kit item and an assembly item. =
When a customer purchases or returns a kit (i.e. First Aid Kit) item, =
the individual components do not increment or decrement. However, when a =
customer purchases an assembly item, Store Operations updates the sales =
and in-stock quantity of all the items contained in the assembly item. =
For example, if you sold a computer assembly item, the quantities for =
each individual component (monitor, keyboard, scanner, and printer) =
would decrement.

The second difference is that when cashiers ring up an assembly item, =
they can modify the quantity, price, and/or tax status for each item =
component. If the customer wanted to purchase the assembly item but did =
not want to buy one of the components (i.e. printer), you could delete =
the printer item on the transaction screen. Store Operations would then =
adjust the sales total.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "kennyharrill" <kennyharrill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:EB91BA1C-1AFE-4C7E-A274-D5DB31E013D6@microsoft.com...
  Is there any way possible to do a kit that would combine selecting an =
item=20
  from a matrix with an item from a lot matrix and for the two to =
combine to=20
  give an overall total?

  "kennyharrill" wrote:

  > This doesn't help.  We're not able to tie this in with the matrixes =
we have=20
  > set up.
  >=20
  > "Craig" wrote:
  >=20
  > > Try using Lot Matrix for your designs.
  > > Craig
  > >=20
  > > "kennyharrill" <kennyharrill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message=20
  > > > Yes, we have used the Matrix function to set up garment "skus", =
so to=20
  > > > speak,
  > > > based on color and size.  Example, we used it to set sizes small =
to XXXL=20
  > > > and
  > > > five colors for a standard t-shirt.  Also, we have nearly 5,000 =
designs in
  > > > our database.  We don't want to have to set individual kits or =
matrixes=20
  > > > for
  > > > each one.  We were hoping we would be able to choose a =
particular design
  > > > based on drop down lists.
  > > >
  > > > Thanks for your reply.

I'm=20

  > >=20
  > >=20

------=_NextPart_000_072F_01C743E1.4A581E60

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Kenny,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>To be honest, I would be looking at an =
Assembly instead=20
of a Kit.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>You can change the components of an Assembly, =
but not a=20
Kit.&nbsp; You can also use a Matrix or a Lot Matrix in an=20
Assembly.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>From SO Help;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<P>There are two main differences between a kit item and an assembly =
item. When=20
a customer purchases or returns a kit (i.e. First Aid Kit) item, the =
<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-style: normal">individual</SPAN> components =
do<SPAN=20
class=3Dhcp1><EM> not </EM></SPAN>increment or decrement. However, when =
a customer=20
purchases an assembly item, Store Operations updates the sales and =
in-stock=20
quantity of all the items contained in the assembly item. For example, =
if you=20
sold a computer assembly item, the quantities for each individual =
component=20
(monitor, keyboard, scanner, and printer) would decrement.</P>
<P>The second difference is that when cashiers ring up an assembly item, =
they=20
can modify the quantity, price, and/or tax status for each item =
component. <SPAN=20
class=3DGramE>If the customer wanted to purchase the assembly item but =
did <SPAN=20
class=3Dhcp1><EM>not</EM></SPAN> want to buy one of the components (i.e. =
printer),=20
you could delete the printer item on the transaction screen.</SPAN> =
Store=20
Operations would then adjust the sales total.</P></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment(s).&nbsp; If you are not =
using a=20
reader, follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click =
on "Open=20
with newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the =
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"kennyharrill" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:kennyharrill@discussions.microsoft.com">kennyharrill@discu=
ssions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:EB91BA1C-1AFE-4C7E-A274-D5DB31E013D6@microsoft.com">news:EB9=
1BA1C-1AFE-4C7E-A274-D5DB31E013D6@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Is=20
  there any way possible to do a kit that would combine selecting an =
item=20
  <BR>from a matrix with an item from a lot matrix and for the two to =
combine to=20
  <BR>give an overall total?<BR><BR>"kennyharrill" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; =
This=20
  doesn't help.&nbsp; We're not able to tie this in with the matrixes we =
have=20
  <BR>&gt; set up.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "Craig" wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; =
Try=20
  using Lot Matrix for your designs.<BR>&gt; &gt; Craig<BR>&gt; &gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; "kennyharrill" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:kennyharrill@discussions.microsoft.com">kennyharrill@discu=
ssions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt; &gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0BA99FA8-B3AA-4E96-97D9-B307F21F4C93@microsoft.com">news:0BA=
99FA8-B3AA-4E96-97D9-B307F21F4C93@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; &gt; Yes, we have used the Matrix function to set up garment =
"skus", so=20
  to <BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; speak,<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; based on color and =
size.&nbsp;=20
  Example, we used it to set sizes small to XXXL <BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; =
and<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; &gt; five colors for a standard t-shirt.&nbsp; Also, we have =
nearly 5,000=20
  designs in<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; our database.&nbsp; We don't want to have =
to set=20
  individual kits or matrixes <BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; for<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; =
each=20
  one.&nbsp; We were hoping we would be able to choose a particular=20
  design<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; based on drop down lists.<BR>&gt; &gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; &gt; Thanks for your reply.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; =
"Mihir=20
  Shah" wrote:<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; Kenny,<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; Have you tred using the Matrix =
functionality in=20
  RMS ?<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; Set-up Matrix items of your Garment / =
Transfer=20
  combo.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; Price the matrix accordingly.<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; You can also use Kits in above.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; Mihir Shah<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; Diviasoft, Inc<BR>&gt; &gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  <A href=3D"http://www.diviasoft.com">www.diviasoft.com</A><BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; "kennyharrill" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:kennyharrill@discussions.microsoft.com">kennyharrill@discu=
ssions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:E7371DD6-5C96-4256-999F-8DA858800237@microsoft.com">news:E73=
71DD6-5C96-4256-999F-8DA858800237@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;I have combed over numerous case studies regarding =
retail=20
  use of <BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;Microsoft<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; =
RMS and=20
  cannot find any that are similar to our situation, so I'm <BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt; posting<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; it<BR>&gt; &gt; =
&gt;&gt; &gt;=20
  here in the forum in the hopes that someone has an answer or a =
<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt; solution.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Our<BR>&gt; &gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt; company sells garments (t-shirts, pants, general merchandise), =
plus=20
  we<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; also<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; sell =
transfers=20
  that are printed on these garments.&nbsp; We need help in <BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; &gt; making<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; a<BR>&gt; &gt; =
&gt;&gt; &gt;=20
  "kit" or "bundle" procedure that will allow us to select a =
specific<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; garment,<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; then select a =
specific=20
  transfer or logo and have RMS show the exact<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;=20
  combined<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; price.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Has anyone come across this situation?&nbsp; We are =
very=20
  eager to utilize <BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; RMS<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; =
&gt;=20
  to<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; update our inventory system and =
modernize our=20
  inventory, sales <BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; operations,<BR>&gt; &gt; =
&gt;&gt;=20
  &gt; etc.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &gt; Any =
help will=20
  be appreciated.<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; =
&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_072F_01C743E1.4A581E60--

0
cptsoft (1248)

How to search for a kit product??
Hi all, does anyone know how to search CRM for kit products? I'm aware that there is a field called "isakit" (or something of that nature), but it does not show in advanced find. Nor can you add that field to Product form. Any ideas? -Erik- ...

0 quantity on kit component
I have a kit with 0 quantity on a kit component. Whenever this kit is used in an order the 0 qty componet allocates the entire available qty. When I look at the line item the qty ordered is 0 but the qty allocated and fulfilled is my entire availalbe qty. Any ideas on what casues this? -- Kathleen ...

What happens when you modify a Kit/Standard Item after sales transaction?
Hi, Anybody knows what happens when you modify a Kit/Standard Item after a sale transaction? E.g. 1 Item Lookup Code: 00001 Description: Package A Item Type: Kit Consists of Item Lookup Code : A, B, C (Quantity 1 each) Regular price: $5 After a sales transaction, I changed the description and regular price Item Lookup Code: 00001 Description: Package B Item Type: Kit Consists of Item Lookup Code : X, Y, Z (Quantity 1 each) Regular price: $10 What happens to inventory for Items A, B, C and X, Y, Z? Will there be data error? What will happen to the reports? E.g. 2 Item Lookup Code: 00002 De...

Deleting a kit in inventory
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C4CC8F.D1C19190 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_000F_01C4CC8F.D1C19190" ------=_NextPart_001_000F_01C4CC8F.D1C19190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable BlankI removed the history for the kit and got a transaction hsitory = report several pages long. I then tried to delete the item and it gives = me the same message "You can't delete an item for which history is being = kept" Do I have to del...

Complimentary migration kit for MS Office 2010 web apps
Hi everyone, If you=92ve been following the news on the new launch of Microsoft Office 2010, you may have noticed something missing. The new Office Web Apps that are causing quite a Google v. Microsoft stir are not MS Access-friendly. Read more about it in the latest blog post from Caspio, =93Access 2010 Snubs Web Developers =85 Now What?=94 at http://blog.caspio.com/commentary/ms-access-2010-snubs-web-developers/ and please share your comments. An excerpt of the post is included below. And while you=92re there, you should check out our complimentary Access Migration Kit (http://...

utility of Kit items
In Great Plains, I can use kit items only on sales transactions. There is no other utility for Kit items Is this a correct statement. I am trying to see how Kit items can be used at various places in the application. If you have any information, please post. Kits are used to sell multiple items as one item (e.g., a dining room set that includes a table and six chairs could be sold as a single kit) in SOP. That's it. End of story. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jack Tundra" wrote: > In Great Plains, I can use kit items only on sales transactions. There is no > other ...

Starfiber Starpro Microfiber Mop and Microfiber Pad Kit
List Price:$39.98 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000QZ3DCQ Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000QZ3DCQ This is a great product. I've owned one for 7 years and love it. Wore it to a frazzle and am so delighted to have a new one. Best mop in the world. Unhesitatingly recommend it. Fast shipping and fair price. Excellent mop system for cleaning hardwood floors.. Use Murphy's Oil Soap with it and it does a great job. Been using this product for ten years and bought them for Christmas present for son.. I have had this mop for 4 months and ...

Product kit, associatedproduct
Hi, We want to sell some of the products we have as a group, but have them still treated as separate products when necessary. For example if I sell product A+B+C together frequently, I want to be able to specify this in one order product, but when I want to list those customers who bought product A, I want to list those who bought the group A+B+C and also those who bought only product A. There is this idea of product kits that I heard of. However I could not find a document or detailed information on them, and do not know exactly if they are available in CRM. Has anyone had any exper...

What's included in Dynamics GP kit for a new partner?
Hi there, How can I know what applications and modules are included in a Dynamics GP kit for a new partner? or where can I look for it ? Thanks a lot Gilberto Villegas GP Business Solutions partner Ask your Partner Account Manager (PAM) -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Gilberto" wrote: > Hi there, > > How can I know what applications and modules are included in a Dynamics GP > kit for a new partner? ...

Customize "Kit" Terminology
Hi Everyone, I am trying to customize the term "kit" to "Bundle." Anyone know how to accomplish this? Using 3.0. Thanks in advance. ...

Kit "breakout"
When I attempt a kit "breakout" I find kit quantity is not reduced and items are not put back in inventory. When I "build" I find kit quantity is increased and items are removed. Is this not supposed to work both ways? Thanks for any and all advice. Gary This sometimes happens to me also. Ever since they fixed the kit cost calculation problem, there have been other quirks with kit items. I found that it happpens to items created by means of copying rather that creating the kit item from scratch. At any rate, you may want to exit the program, restart it and then try...

Developer's Kit
Does anyone know where one can obtain a copy of the developer's kit? ...

inventory kit printing on SOP Order
We use orders instead of pick tickets for our fullfillment needs. We also sort our orders by bin location when printing. When we print an order, the first item selected to print prints twice. How can we eliminate this printing? ...

compiler errors using Groupwise developer kit
IHello World, I am trying to use the Groupwise Developer Kit within a VC++ application and keep getting this series of errors for one of the Groupwise include files: C:\Novell\ndk\novell-gwtoken-devel-2006.02.22-1windows\sample\Include\gwdll.h(260): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'hszCommand' C:\Novell\ndk\novell-gwtoken-devel-2006.02.22-1windows\sample\Include\gwdll.h(331): error C2501: '_tagMAC_RETURNVAL::HSZ' : missing storage-class or type specifiers I don't think the include file really has anything wrong with it, so I must be ...

Automatic kit pricing
I've just started playing around with a test CRM 3.0 box, and find it strange that when you add items to a kit, it doesn't give you any automatic total of the item prices. Is there any way to set it up to do this, i may sometimes for example have a kit like so KIT A (No listed price unless I add everything up and enter it myself.) - Icecream ($2.00) - Milkshake ($5.00) - Sundae ($3.50) - 2 x waffles ($1 each) Any suggestions? I would say that it's probably 50:50 between people who want the automatic price and those who don't. Many companies, the "kit" is ch...

Kit Items Report
How and from where can i generate report for Kit items ?????? Items listed in kit, price, quantity ???? some one please help me ..... AM There is a KIT COMPONENT LIST custom report you can download from customersource....if you're using outlook to access the newsgroup you may be able to find a previous post that has it attached using the search feature - hope this helps.... "AM" wrote: > How and from where can i generate report for Kit items ?????? > > Items listed in kit, price, quantity ???? > > some one please help me ..... > > AM ...

Resource kit for 2008
Hi, Is there a Resource Kit for Windows 2008? I run SBS 2008 and need to add a service. The only what I know how to do this is with SRVANY.exe. Is it fine to simply install the 2003 kit? TIA, Jarryd Hi Jarryd, I could only find this... srvany.exe does not exist on w2k8 R2: how do I configure a windows Service with sc.exe http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsserver2008r2general/thread/2339fb98-ab63-4d1d-913c-318b06e0a837/ Possible workaround... Application as a Service "srvany.exe" in Windows Server 2008 http://social.technet.m...

Developer's Tool Kit or Developer's Edition?
I see both terms used. It appears that there is a developers tool kitt hat one can obtain to use with his or her existing access application. However, the term Developer's Edition appears to me to indicate a completely different and separate program. Can someone plese elaborate on the differences for me? Thank you all -- Plus 65 If memory serves, the only version that had both versions was Access 2000. You could either get just the Developer's Tool Kit (which provided you with what you needed to legally distribute the Access run-time) or you could get Office 2000 Developer Edi...

Using a child item in a kit?
I have a lot of parent/child items in my inventory. I have tried to use some of the child items in kits and it doesn't seem to take it out of inventory correctly when that kit is sold. I dont build or break kits, I just want the inventory to be adjusted when I sell the kit. It seems to work just fine for parent items in kits but not for child items. Any help? Thanks, Sheri Try using an Assembly instead of a Kit. The sale of a child only breaks a parent when the child is being sold on the transaction (as it would in an Assembly). If you don't build Kits, the child inventory...

Kits should allow me to post to accounts assigned to each item
You can currently allowed to post cost of goods sold account from component items. This should also allow an option to post sales account from component items. Sales/Cost of goods sold is set up as product groups so it is important to keep the data consistent during posting. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader...

Hiding Kit or Assembly components on Receipts
Hi All Is there any way top hide the individual components of a kit or assemebly on the customers receipt and just show the name of the kit or assembly. Or Maybe someone can advisde me on a better approuch to my situation. My store sells products which are printed and prepared when the customer buys is. We use specialist inks, scalpal blades, different paper types and also charge for the labour. So I created an assembly item containing ink, in ml, scalpal blade,plain paper type with substitutes and labour. The customer can change the paper type at the POS. I did it this way because I ...

CREDIT REPAIR KIT #3
Order your Credit Repair Kit at: http://creditfixzone.com/ Before you spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a credit repair service, we recommend you try our Credit Repair Kit first. The information provided in this kit are the same techniques used by professionals. You will be surprised how easy it is to repair your credit yourself. With a little time and patience you will be able to achieve the same results that you would normally pay thousands for a professional to do. Credit repair is not magic. Many companies out there will bilk you out of your hard earned money, only to use ...

change the cost of kit item number in an order/return
hen entering an order or return to have the ability to change the cost of the item or kit on the actual order or return instead of having to go into another area, change the cost, finish the order/return, then go back and change the cost again. At this point in GPS 9. we can only change the cost on a return of a single item number, but not on a kit item number. And you can not change the cost on an order for an item number or a kit number. The ability to do this would save time in inventory cost adjustments and keep more accurate inventory figures at hand. ---------------- This post i...

"Kit" Inventory Example
Hi Groupies On September 18th I posted a question called "Fill next record based on previous". The post was answered by Klatuu and said that I have a kit inventory and that I need a subform and a query to use as the subforms record source. I posted back requesting a little more clarification but I have heard nothing since. I'm in a serious time crunch now and I can not get how to make this work properly. I've tried a couple of different things and have decided that I must not be looking at it the right way. So I have scrapped what I had and I am looking for some guid...

CREDIT REPAIR KIT