Need help in customizing a sales report including

Anyone know how I can make a sales report that contains a sales reps sales
within a given time frame, including item price, with tax if any, and tender
type (basically the entire sale rung up).  I am trying to run a report that
shows how much we are putting on types of credit cards, Visa, MasterCard,
Discover, cash, etc.  Would like to know the SQL statements that are needed
to do so.
0
JackT (70)
12/6/2005 5:17:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jack,

Are you asking for 2 reports or a single one?

The second, how much for each tender types, you have already have, if you
separate out your credit card tenders.  A tender for MC, a separate for
VISA, etc.

SO Manager | Reports | Misc | Tender Summary | then collapse grouped rows,
the 8th icon on top or press Ctrl+O.

--
*
"Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Anyone know how I can make a sales report that contains a sales reps sales
within a given time frame, including item price, with tax if any, and tender
type (basically the entire sale rung up).  I am trying to run a report that
shows how much we are putting on types of credit cards, Visa, MasterCard,
Discover, cash, etc.  Would like to know the SQL statements that are needed
to do so.

0
spam3944 (2163)
12/6/2005 9:15:04 PM
Yea, I was trying to tie the salesperson into a report that shows customer,
salesperson, total sale including tax and tender type.

"Jeff" wrote:

> Jack,
>
> Are you asking for 2 reports or a single one?
>
> The second, how much for each tender types, you have already have, if you
> separate out your credit card tenders.  A tender for MC, a separate for
> VISA, etc.
>
> SO Manager | Reports | Misc | Tender Summary | then collapse grouped rows,
> the 8th icon on top or press Ctrl+O.
>
> --
> *
> "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know how I can make a sales report that contains a sales reps sales
> within a given time frame, including item price, with tax if any, and tender
> type (basically the entire sale rung up).  I am trying to run a report that
> shows how much we are putting on types of credit cards, Visa, MasterCard,
> Discover, cash, etc.  Would like to know the SQL statements that are needed
> to do so.

0
JackT (70)
12/7/2005 2:38:05 PM
Jack to add Sales Person and Tender to a report you need to add these tables:
LEFT JOIN   SalesRep WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.SalesRepID = SalesRep.ID
LEFT JOIN   TenderEntry WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber =
TenderEntry.TransactionNumber
LEFT JOIN   Tender WITH(NOLOCK) ON TenderEntry.TenderID = Tender.ID

Then add the Tender.Description and SalesRep.Name columns to the report.

Rob

"Jack T" wrote:

> Yea, I was trying to tie the salesperson into a report that shows customer,
> salesperson, total sale including tax and tender type.
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > Are you asking for 2 reports or a single one?
> >
> > The second, how much for each tender types, you have already have, if you
> > separate out your credit card tenders.  A tender for MC, a separate for
> > VISA, etc.
> >
> > SO Manager | Reports | Misc | Tender Summary | then collapse grouped rows,
> > the 8th icon on top or press Ctrl+O.
> >
> > --
> > *
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone know how I can make a sales report that contains a sales reps sales
> > within a given time frame, including item price, with tax if any, and tender
> > type (basically the entire sale rung up).  I am trying to run a report that
> > shows how much we are putting on types of credit cards, Visa, MasterCard,
> > Discover, cash, etc.  Would like to know the SQL statements that are needed
> > to do so.

0
rob242 (534)
12/7/2005 10:26:02 PM
Rob,
I am trying to add to the "Custom-Tender entry by date" report and keep
getting Invalid proceedure call or Argument.  I am wondering if I am trying
to place the statement in the wrong place?

"Rob" wrote:

> Jack to add Sales Person and Tender to a report you need to add these tables:
> LEFT JOIN   SalesRep WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.SalesRepID = SalesRep.ID
> LEFT JOIN   TenderEntry WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber =
> TenderEntry.TransactionNumber
> LEFT JOIN   Tender WITH(NOLOCK) ON TenderEntry.TenderID = Tender.ID
>
> Then add the Tender.Description and SalesRep.Name columns to the report.
>
> Rob
>

> "Jack T" wrote:
>
> > Yea, I was trying to tie the salesperson into a report that shows customer,
> > salesperson, total sale including tax and tender type.
> >
> > "Jeff" wrote:
> >
> > > Jack,
> > >
> > > Are you asking for 2 reports or a single one?
> > >
> > > The second, how much for each tender types, you have already have, if you
> > > separate out your credit card tenders.  A tender for MC, a separate for
> > > VISA, etc.
> > >
> > > SO Manager | Reports | Misc | Tender Summary | then collapse grouped rows,
> > > the 8th icon on top or press Ctrl+O.
> > >
> > > --
> > > *
> > > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Anyone know how I can make a sales report that contains a sales reps sales
> > > within a given time frame, including item price, with tax if any, and tender
> > > type (basically the entire sale rung up).  I am trying to run a report that
> > > shows how much we are putting on types of credit cards, Visa, MasterCard,
> > > Discover, cash, etc.  Would like to know the SQL statements that are needed
> > > to do so.

0
JackT (70)
12/7/2005 11:11:03 PM
Try modifying the Detailed Sales report or the Detailed Sales Report with
Return Values, I tried it by adding the code below and adding the columns and
it worked.

Rob

"Jack T" wrote:

> Rob,
> I am trying to add to the "Custom-Tender entry by date" report and keep
> getting Invalid proceedure call or Argument.  I am wondering if I am trying
> to place the statement in the wrong place?
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
> > Jack to add Sales Person and Tender to a report you need to add these tables:
> > LEFT JOIN   SalesRep WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.SalesRepID = SalesRep.ID
> > LEFT JOIN   TenderEntry WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber =
> > TenderEntry.TransactionNumber
> > LEFT JOIN   Tender WITH(NOLOCK) ON TenderEntry.TenderID = Tender.ID
> >
> > Then add the Tender.Description and SalesRep.Name columns to the report.
> >
> > Rob
> >

> > "Jack T" wrote:
> >
> > > Yea, I was trying to tie the salesperson into a report that shows customer,
> > > salesperson, total sale including tax and tender type.

0
rob242 (534)
12/8/2005 2:21:02 AM
Rob,
I added to Detailed Sales Report with Return Values and you are right it
works, however, neither report shows the sale with tax included so you could
see what the entire tender amount really was.  That was why I was trying to
add to the "Custom-Tender entry by date" report.  Would you have any idea how
I might be able to either add the salestax to the DSRRV report or perhaps to
remedy the other report??

"Rob" wrote:

> Try modifying the Detailed Sales report or the Detailed Sales Report with
> Return Values, I tried it by adding the code below and adding the columns and
> it worked.
>
> Rob
>
> "Jack T" wrote:
>
> > Rob,
> > I am trying to add to the "Custom-Tender entry by date" report and keep
> > getting Invalid proceedure call or Argument.  I am wondering if I am trying
> > to place the statement in the wrong place?
> >
> > "Rob" wrote:
> >
> > > Jack to add Sales Person and Tender to a report you need to add these tables:
> > > LEFT JOIN   SalesRep WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.SalesRepID = SalesRep.ID
> > > LEFT JOIN   TenderEntry WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber =
> > > TenderEntry.TransactionNumber
> > > LEFT JOIN   Tender WITH(NOLOCK) ON TenderEntry.TenderID = Tender.ID
> > >
> > > Then add the Tender.Description and SalesRep.Name columns to the report.
> > >
> > > Rob

0
JackT (70)
12/8/2005 10:33:02 PM
Jeff,
No attachment is here...

"Jeff" wrote:

> Jack,
>
> Find a Custom - Detailed Sales with Return Values (Tax-Inclusive) attached.
> Includes the tender type, sales person, total sale with tax
>
> --
> =
>
> "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Rob,
> > I added to Detailed Sales Report with Return Values and you are right it
> > works, however, neither report shows the sale with tax included so you
> > could
> > see what the entire tender amount really was.  That was why I was trying
> > add to the "Custom-Tender entry by date" report.  Would you have any idea
> > how
> > I might be able to either add the salestax to the DSRRV report or perhaps
> > remedy the other report??
> >
> > "Rob" wrote:
> >
> >> Try modifying the Detailed Sales report or the Detailed Sales Report with
> >> Return Values, I tried it by adding the code below and adding the columns
> >> and
> >> it worked.
> >>
> >> Rob

0
JackT (70)
12/9/2005 2:21:04 PM
In order to see Jeff's attachment you would have to use a News Reader (i.e.
Outlook Express).
You can add these columns to your report, make sure you put the Formula on
one line.

Rob

Begin Column
   FieldName = "TotalTaxIncluded"
   DrillDownFieldName = ""
   DrillDownReportName = ""
   Title = "Total TaxInc"
   VBDataType = vbCurrency
   Formula = "(TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity) +
TransactionEntry.SalesTax"
   ColHidden = False
   ColNotDisplayable = False
   FilterDisabled = False
   ColWidth = 1500
   GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
   ColFormat = ""
End Column
Begin Column
   FieldName = "TransactionEntry.SalesTax"
   DrillDownFieldName = ""
   DrillDownReportName = ""
   Title = "Sales Tax"
   VBDataType = vbCurrency
   Formula = ""
   ColHidden = False
   ColNotDisplayable = False
   FilterDisabled = False
   ColWidth = 1000

"Jack T" wrote:

> Jeff,
> No attachment is here...
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
> > Jack,
> >
> > Find a Custom - Detailed Sales with Return Values (Tax-Inclusive) attached.
> > Includes the tender type, sales person, total sale with tax
> >
> > --
> > =
> >
> > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Rob,
> > > I added to Detailed Sales Report with Return Values and you are right it
> > > works, however, neither report shows the sale with tax included so you
> > > could
> > > see what the entire tender amount really was.  That was why I was trying
> > > add to the "Custom-Tender entry by date" report.  Would you have any idea
> > > how
> > > I might be able to either add the salestax to the DSRRV report or perhaps
> > > remedy the other report??

0
rob242 (534)
12/9/2005 3:27:02 PM
Rob and Jeff, Thanks for your help!  One more thing...Can I add Layaways to
this report as well??  Trying to see all transactions and the Detailed Sales
report only gives me Sales.

"Rob" wrote:

> In order to see Jeff's attachment you would have to use a News Reader (i.e.
> Outlook Express).
> You can add these columns to your report, make sure you put the Formula on
> one line.
>
> Rob
>
> Begin Column
>    FieldName = "TotalTaxIncluded"
>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>    Title = "Total TaxInc"
>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>    Formula = "(TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity) +
> TransactionEntry.SalesTax"
>    ColHidden = False
>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>    FilterDisabled = False
>    ColWidth = 1500
>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>    ColFormat = ""
> End Column
> Begin Column
>    FieldName = "TransactionEntry.SalesTax"
>    DrillDownFieldName = ""
>    DrillDownReportName = ""
>    Title = "Sales Tax"
>    VBDataType = vbCurrency
>    Formula = ""
>    ColHidden = False
>    ColNotDisplayable = False
>    FilterDisabled = False
>    ColWidth = 1000
>    GroupMethod = groupmethodSum
>    ColFormat = ""
> End Column
>
> "Jack T" wrote:
>
> > Jeff,
> > No attachment is here...
> >
> > "Jeff" wrote:
> >
> > > Jack,
> > >
> > > Find a Custom - Detailed Sales with Return Values (Tax-Inclusive) attached.
> > > Includes the tender type, sales person, total sale with tax
> > >
> > > --
> > > =
> > >
> > > "Jack T" <JackT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JackT (70)

Rounding Averages on my Report
I created a summary report using the report wizard and grouped by date and selected avg. The report works fine except I would the numbers to be rounded. For example: The average for January shows 19.5, however I would like it displayed as 20. If February is 23.1678993, I would like it displayed as 23. Can someone help me with this? Thx Try... = Format([YourAvg], "#") 19.5 should display as 20 (rounding up from .5 or greater) 23.1678993 should display as 23 (rounding down from .5 or less) or... if you need numeric... ...

Secondary axis help
Hi everyone, I am having some difficulty in Excel 2007 Charting. I have a stacked bar chart that I would like to add a horizontal secondary axis on. How do I do this? I'm trying to do what the Help says but there is something that I am not getting. 1. I click on the Chart and select the Format Tab 2. In the Current Selection section, there is a Chart Elements drop down and I select Horizontal (Category) axis. 3. I go to my sheet that has the data for the chart and I select the data range that I want per the instructions. I'm lost after this. Hi, well, the Help s...

BOB? More Craps Help
Hi Bob Been spending some time on the code you sent and I think I found some errors. Can you check the code below to see what you think? I think it is now working according to the correct rules... Dim cellvalue Sub Craps() 'Excel Craps V1.3 Application.ScreenUpdating = False Range("B5:C1000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("A4").Select Setup: Application.ScreenUpdating = True [B5] = [B2] Rollem: If (([B5] = 2) Or ([B5] = 3) Or ([B5] = 12)) Then GoTo CrapOut If (([B5] = 7) Or ([B5] = 11)) Then GoTo FirstLucky cellvalue = 0 GoTo NotWinner End NotWinner: ...

changing a custom toolbar
I have a legacy access database that i'm now working on in Access 2007. I have a custom toolbar set up in there (at least that is what A2007 shows it as on the Add-Ins tab of the ribbon). I need to edit that custom toolbar (menu). How do I do that? Karen Hey Karen, I have spent a lot of time trying to find examples to be able to edit a menubar from a previous version in Access 2007. Finally, I have come up with the following that works! I hope this helps: --- start code --- Function TweakToolbar() Dim cbr As CommandBar Dim cbrctl As CommandBarControl Dim cbrbutt As C...

SQL General Help
I have been experimenting with using ADO to work with Excel data. I had some obstacles with the SQL until I stumbled across a web site that mentioned the table name needed a special format. Instead of using a table name like DATA, instead I had to use the format of [DATA$]. So I was wondering does anybody know of a source (document, web site, etc.) that explains all of the peculiarities of using SQL with Excel? Thanks Mike ...

Employee Training Help
Hey Y'all, I am creating an employee training database where I can run reports and queries about who has taken what type of course. What kind of relationship should be created between the tables? Based on the some of the discussions I have seen here, I have created three tables: 1: tblemployee (with employee id set as primary key) 2: tbltraining (with trainingid set as primary key).This table has no employee information 3: tlbcompletedtraining (in this table I have employee ids with the id's of the training courses that they have completed) I am unsure of what ki...

Need Help with Formula #3
I need help trying to come up with a formula for a friend of mine. This is what he wants -- Using any 9 numbers -- he wants Excel to come up with every possible 3-digit combination of numbers that are divisible by 7. Is there anyone who could assist me with a formula that will perform this calculation? Can Excel do such a calculation? Thanks so much for any assistance you can offer. In A1, enter the number 7. Select A1:A142. Edit>Fill>Series, Step value 7. Format>Cells>Custom, "000". If with "using any 9 numbers" you mean you don't want any zero...

SUMIFS help
Hi. Hope you’re able to help. I’m having difficulties the SUMIFS function. Either I’m using it incorrectly or perhaps it’s the wrong function for me! I’m trying to total the money amounts in column E as long as conditions in columns A (cell A6 in this example) and column H are True. However, I’m finding that the function is not totalling up the money amounts it should be totalling in column E. Instead, it’s just returning a single money amount in column E and ignoring the rest! This is the function as I’ve written it: =SUMIFS(BnkChqs!E3:E1000,BnkChqs!A3:A1000, A6,BnkChqs!...

newbie needs help
Hello, First to let you all know, I am a big novice at this kind of stuff, so please bear with me. What I am trying to do is make a trendchart with 9 different plots on it. How do I change the numbers on the side and bottom of the chart to read what I need them to? I take these tests 3 times a week and would like to chart all of them seperately and also together to chart progress for a whole month. One for each day, and then one for the month. Then I would like to do the same for the following months of the year. And I would like to have one chart to show the progress for the whole...

Need to truncate a transaction log
I have a database which is 2 GB but the log file has grown to 35 GB. I would like to truncate the log so I set the recovery method to SIMPLE but the log file did not truncate after last night's backup. This has worked for other databases and I get a small log file. Later, I reset the recovery method back to FULL. Rich Lawson Rich Lawson (nospam@nospam.com) writes: > I have a database which is 2 GB but the log file has grown to 35 GB. I > would like to truncate the log so I set the recovery method to SIMPLE > but the log file did not truncate after last night&...

Latest Exchange Administrator Needed admin.exe = 5.5.2655.33
If any body knows were to download the Exchange Admin (admin.exe Version 5.5.2655.33). I am having a problem with mailbox sizes being incorrectly diplayed in Exchange admin. I have dozens of Executives that have mailboxes over 4 or 5 GB and I have no way of correctly reporting there sizes other than using ExMerge. Please help..... Hi Ed, You will need to call into our Tech Support and refer to the following Knowledge Base article and tell them that you need the hotfix. 305829 XADM: Incorrect Mailbox Size Is Displayed in Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305829 -- Thanks,...

I need to write this formula in basic
Hi! Does anyone know how to write this formula in Basic. I need to make it work in Openoffice because Excel seems to crash with a list of 20000 people. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP((RC1&R1C),Sheet1!R2C1:R45000C4,4,0)),"""",VLOOKUP ((RC1&R1C),Sheet1!R2C1:R45000C4,4,0)) Thanks!! ...

Chart Type HELP!
Hi, I still need help on the Chart Type thread that I posted a couple of hours ago under "Chart Type". It is URGENT--for a presentation for which I am already late!! Anybody?? Tx, Sat Hi Sat - Take a look at what I just posted and see if it helps. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Problems with Crystal Reports
Hi everyone We are currently encountering a problem with Crystal Reports on MSCRM. Launching one takes about 10-15 seconds before data is displayed (even if only 1 record is retrieved). The standard Accounts reports are worse, we get a Timed Out error everytime. We are deploying MSCRM on 2 servers - CRM Server has dual procs and 1GB RAM. Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards. Hon Having Crystal reports in CRM 1.0 timeout is a known bug. (Happens after you try to retrieve more than about 10K records.) There is a private hotfix. It will also be fi...

(?) Free credit report and monitoring from Experian?
How do I get the free "credit report and monitoring from Experian" offered with Money Deluxe 2004? When I click, I'm sent to https://msmoney.creditexpert.com/CE_site/MCCLogin_C.aspx , but I see no-where to create a new account. Queries to customerservice@creditexpert.com have not been answered. Thanks, -stephen Do a little search at the Consumer Reports site and you will find the addresses and email addresses of the 3 credit reporting agencies. I believe they are required to send you a free report once per-year. You can research the referenced CR reports at your local libra...

FRx Report Date won't change
We have a customer that has a GP Fiscal Year of 9073. Apparently, an AP transaction had accidentally been posted with a document date of 9073. So, in order to void that transaction, they created the fiscal year of 9073. Now, in FRx when they try to change the Report Date to December 2008, FRx changes the report date to December 9072. We've tried deleting the .g32 file and rebuilding the FRx GL Index. We've also tried deleting the SY40100 and SY40101 tables, rebuilding the Fiscal Periods in GP then rebuilding the FRx GL index but we still can use the 12/2008 date in FRx. Any...

Cannot add customer statement email address in Smartlist
On the Debtor Maintenance Options screen you can chose the checkbox to Send Email Statements to a customer and then enter the To, CC or BCC email addresses. In Smartlist under the Customer folder, while you can choose to add the Send Email Statements column you cannot select to add the To, CC or BCC email address fields. You should be able to do this so you can easily view the information. These columns should be standard columns that you can select for Customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most vo...

Help with formula containing text
Hi I need some help on the following. I have a column of text, linked to other worksheets, that is continuously changing. I need to be alert if the same piece of text appears in the column more than twice, e.g. Tom Tom Jane Mary Mary Tom "ALERT" Thanks Mike -- mlhynes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mlhynes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12959 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401787 Mike Visit Chip Pearson's site for much help on duplicates. Fin...

Rota's and Daily Shift Pattern's
I've got a basic rota sheet with Mon-Sunday along the top and the names of the staff down the side. Each day a memember of staff is either AM, PM or OFF. I'me trying to create a sheet that just has monday at the top with all th AM people on it. Then a sheet with all the PM people on it. Any idea's? Thanks in advance Scott. Hi Scott is this just for printing out? if so i would use the autofilter (data / filter / autofilter) - choose the drop down for MONDAY, choose AM print results ... choose PM, print results .... Cheers JulieD "Scott Cheesman" <Scott Che...

Help with combining 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts
Hi, I have 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts that I would like to combine to use in one woeksheet and I'm sure how to do. I am kind of new to VB. The first script is for hiding columns based on a value selected in picklist. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'SalesAid Software If Target.Address <> Range("L2").Address Then Exit Sub 'MsgBox Month(Target) If Target = "All" Then Range("N:BV").EntireColumn.Hidden = False Else lastcol = Cells(6, Columns.Count).End(xlToLe...

Report WRITER legends values #2
Hello. I need to modify existing modified report. Where can I find values for legends fields? Thanks. Sofiya. Hello Sofiya, Legend fields are placeholders that may contain pretty much anything, depending of the report you are working with. For example, on many reports, they are used to display the range values used when generating the report. (From-To) One thing you must remember though is that they are always typed as strings so you need to convert them if you want to do any arithmetic operations with them. In conclusion, if you want to evaluate the legend field values for a report,...

Excel reporting alternatives
Hi, I am part of a team currently looking for alternatives to replace Vision XL which our Finance team uses for ad-hoc reporting in Great Plains version 8. Although I am still seeking clarification I believe that Vision XL will not work with GP 10 or Office 2007 which we will soon be upgrading too hence a need for a replacement. My team will be writing sql reports using visual studio etc but our Finance team are rather hoping that they can continue using some kind of excel reporting tool, any ideas would be most hopeful. Kind regards Matthew Carpenter Hi Mathew One of the benfits of ...

Tools.Customize.Commands.Modify Selection (doesn't)
I have a macro (I wrote) that is listed with the project name (and the project name appears on my button) and despite following (what I believe are) the instructions for renaming it the "Modify Selection" button in the Tools.Customize.Commands dialog box is never enabled and I can't rename it. It's Outlook 2000 if that matters. Thanks, Tom ...

Need Help #2
I have created a custom button for Tag along item.and I am having problem with cursor box. It is not moving down. It is staying where the tag along item rang up. It should move down to empty line, But It is not. How Can I fix his problem. Any one can help me ? ...

Help with transforming file