Need access to credit card transactions that do not settle.

The inability to view transaction details, re-submit as-is or modify
unsettled credit card transactions leaves the user with few choices.  The
credit card vendor may be able to look up the transaction and re-create it
from the authorization, but this takes a lot of time and relies on the
availability of talented customer service reps at the credit card processor.
The alternative is to re-enter the whole transaction in the POS system.  This
option is usually not available as the user probably does not have the credit
 card number and, in those cases where they can, the result is a reporting
nightmare that leaves the sales reporting invalid - rendering the entire
installation useless for serious retail management.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a20ebb30-611a-4d02-882d-3dd1b5f159e8&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
JD1 (109)
11/13/2007 4:59:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You might want to check out NewWest's Card Vault:
http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/StoreOperations/CardVault.htm

--
Jocelyn

"JD" wrote:

> The inability to view transaction details, re-submit as-is or modify
> unsettled credit card transactions leaves the user with few choices.  The
> credit card vendor may be able to look up the transaction and re-create it
> from the authorization, but this takes a lot of time and relies on the
> availability of talented customer service reps at the credit card processor.
> The alternative is to re-enter the whole transaction in the POS system.  This
> option is usually not available as the user probably does not have the credit
>  card number and, in those cases where they can, the result is a reporting
> nightmare that leaves the sales reporting invalid - rendering the entire
> installation useless for serious retail management.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a20ebb30-611a-4d02-882d-3dd1b5f159e8&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
jocelynp (229)

Outlook XP Cannot Access Exchange 5.5
Hi all, We are currently migrating our outlook clients from 2000 to XP. But with some users (1 out of 10) cannot access there mailbox, on our exchange 5.5 SP server, with Outlook XP. They get a dialog asking them for there username and password. When you type in nothing happens no error, you just have retype the password. If they use Outlook 2000 they can there mailbox just fine. I have found MS KB 297781 "You Repeatedly Receive a Prompt for Credentials When You Log On to the E-mail Server" But this seems to be only if access with a pop3 account. Is this a know problem?...

A2K-TOOLS
Hi, i want to create a form to convert several hundreds of A97 dbs to A2K. does anybody know what which routines are behind the Convert to current Database-Version in the A2K-Tools Database Utilities option. How could this be integrated in my form for the convert-loop over the a97-dbs. many thanks f=FCr helping The vast, vast majority of Access 97 databases can be opened in Access 2000 (or any later version) and saved in Access 2000 format. No, I don't have a suggestion as to how you would automate that task. There are, however, some very accomplished Access developers...

Using Access form to assign values of variables in an Excel VBA program
I have created a VBA program for Ms Excel.But,to get desired results, every time, I go into the code to change the values of variables.Is there a way to get the values of variables stored in an Access table? YOu need to do a search for ADO method (ActiveX Data Object). There are plenty of example of code on the web. You need to add two references in your VBA to use the method. from VBA menu tools - References 1) Microsoft Access XX.X object library 2) Microsfot ActiveX Data Objects X.X library Use the latest versio of the two libraries on your PC. You will make a conn...

Need help with CListCtrl
Using CListCtrl, but when I sort the indexes do not go along with the records. Here's what I mean: Suppose I add these items: Row 0: John Row 1: Bob Row 2: Tom Now when I click on the header and sort them in alphabetical order: Row 1: Bob Row 0: John Row 2: Tom Now when I call GetItemData(0) I am expecting to get "John". 0 is where I added "John". But instead, I get "Bob" (the new sort ordered index). So this presents a problem. I have no idea where John is anymore.. in case I wanted to edit that item later, I have to scan through all the items. You...

Filemaker vs. Access
Is Filemaker better than Access? I have been using Access since Access97 and find it quite easy to understand and can pretty much do anything with it. Has anyone used both? Comments please. JB All depends on what you are doing with it. My personal opinion: FileMaker is easier for some things. Access does has some powerful features that are missing in FileMaker. At the same time, a lot of users don't need the extra features. FileMaker can be frustrating at times, just because of terminology difference, if you are going from Access to FileMaker. But once you are used to one o...

Help needed with Vlookup code
I have noticed other vlookup codes in excel and after looking at them have started to try and use them myself. 2 questions. 1) The codes i saw had a lot of $ signs in them. I dont use them when i use vlookup and it seems to work fine. Is there a reason $ signs are added? 2) I have a vlookup code "=VLOOKUP(A9,Database!A1:F8000,2,FALSE)" and so on for a few lines and when it finds a blank box it puts 0 in there to represent that. Is there a way i can have it so that instead of putting a zero in it just leaves the box blank? -- Help Needed -------------------------------------...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Bar Code
I'm opening a new retail business and would like to use the Manufactures bar code on many of my items......but for the life of me I can't figure out how to load the information into my system. I've serched the HELP screens, but no answers. I'm desperate - Can anyone guide me on how to do this? Sincere, thanks to anyone who can help :) Monica If using the UPC as your ILC doesn't work, you can add the UPC codes to the Alias tab of the Item Properties. Then if you're searching for WIDGET you don't need to memorize the UPC codes. HTH, Tom "Monica" ...

Need loop structure to get round limited IF statements
I'm completely stuck. I have a spreadsheet that has a worksheet fo each month of the year plus an extra one called TOTALS. In each month there is one row per employee (there are about 20-3 employees) and the columns represent the days of the month. Its spreadsheet to calculate holiday totals. The idea is: the holdays get entered with a '1' and in the TOTALS lis there's a drop down of the names of the employees. The select thei name and the total appear for each month. I've tried nested IF's bu I'M limited to 7. I don'T have much programming knowlege and I c...

I need a formula to calculate 2-3 columns but skip a column if it has a zero
I'm building a Golf League spreadsheet and we want to calculate handicaps starting with the second week (calculates 2 weeks) and then after the 3rd week calculates every 3 weeks. Columns B-S are the individual weeks scores for each golfer (golfers listed by row 4-33), each column (b-s) has a formula which pulls the golfers score from the input worksheet(weekly input) to this worksheet(scorecard). Starting with Column V we are trying to have the running handicap for the year which changes each week. Column W is the first week handicap =AVERAGE(B4-36)*0.8 (this ones easy) Column X is the se...

Filling LIstBox with Access users names
Hi Does anyone know how to fill a listbox withthe login names of Database users when Access security has been implemented, i want to be able to delete a user from the system using the listbox to select the user to delete. Many thanks Stuart -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can cycle on the Users collection: For Each x In DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Users ... Next x It would be a matter to append the user name to a list of values. Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Stuart Jack via AccessMonster.com" <u31758@uw...

I have 5,00 images that need renamed to part numbers
I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but globally with these part #'s? On 2/1/10 4:01 PM, Elizabeth wrote: > I have 5,000 images I have to change to current name to a part # found on an > excel spreadsheet. How do I change the actual name (not one at a time) but > globally with these part #'s? This seems like something that you could do with VBA as long as there is a way to identify the new name from the old name (is the old name listed in the Excel ...

Data from Excel to Access Table
Hello, I have this code setup in Excel but I want to be able to upload multiple rows at one time. Is there a way to incorporate this into my code? Also, is there a way to upload cells that are blank as well? Right now it won't allow me to upload cells that are blank. Can this be done? Sub UploadData() Dim MyCn As ADODB.Connection Dim SQLStr As String Set MyCn = New ADODB.Connection MyCn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & _ "DBQ=\\Bcar1\bcar-net\Quality-ISO\Quality-Control\BC-Quality-Control\BC QA mdb\BC Quality Action Database.mdb;SystemDB=\...

Data entry slow in an Access project
I am using a form for data entry in an Access 2003 project. The back-end data is on a remote server reached over the internet. The data source for the form is a table with 3200 records. The form also displays 6 sub-forms which display data from child tables of the main table. There is a 3-4 second delay when the user moves from one field to another on the form after modifying an existing record or entering data for a new record. During the delay, the status bar below displays a 'Calculating' message. The table is not actually updated until the user moves to a different record ...

Aging by month (keeping invoice and credit activity together by mo
Great Plains does not allow aging by calendar month. Because credits do not have a due date, they do not follow the rest of the month's invoicing activity when terms are set to EOM. If we choose to age by document date, to address the credit issue, we then have an issue with months that have 30 days compared to 31 days. A month that has 30 days following a 31 day month will age the previous months 31st activity in the current bucket. In our business customers want to know what their total balance is by month and aging by document date does not keep the credits and invoices for a...

void credit card
If someone has a quick minute please explain to me how to properly credit a customer's card if the card is no longer in our possession (only have last 4 digits) We have a few occassions where the cashier has voided a sale paid via credit card and the credit card receipt was printed (w/o autho #). Some time later customer contacted us that the credit on their account was never made... Thank you for your time. diana Time to get rid of pccharge. =============== "ZCSF" <ZCSF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBD94DFC-06E7-4AED-97FB-78AA0739F2A3@microsoft....

Need an Idea on Arranging Data for a Chart
I have an Access Database that has thousands of records in it. Each record has the following fields (simplified): Date, Site, Seconds I have a workbook that wueries the database, and brings in data into a table for each site that has the Date and Seconds on each line of the table. I would like to graph the data, based on groupings that the user will choose, so maybe they would like to each data point on the line be the average for a week, and the line would show 10 weeks, etc. What I am struggling with is how to get from the frist table, to one that is grouped by day, or week, or mont...

Access Coding from 2003 to 2007
Is there an easy way to find conversion code from Access 2003 to Access 2007 we are currently in the conversion process but not all of our coding is working how we need it to. They all worked in 2003 properly. What's not working? It should be relatively straightforward if you have used only the core libraries (VBA, Access, and DAO), your database is in a trusted location, and you are not too tied to menus/toolbars Generic conversion info: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - ht...

Changing Format of Access Field via Query?
HI all, Here is what i have, two Oracle tables across multiple schemas that I cannot change the actual format in the table. One table has the field = Text The other table has the field = Number/Decimal/10 Precision I need to link these two together to run some data and currently I have been making a temp table and changing the TEXT one to a NUMBER but am wondering if there is a way to change the Format of the TEXT one to a Number in a query which would save me from having to always be making a TEMP TABLE. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.. Aaron Try using an aliased column lik...

Microsoft Access has a problem
I do work for a company which runs Microsof Access on a Terminal Server. Weeks can go by without any problems and then we have a few days where they get the "Microsoft Access has a problem" screen whenever an database is opened. If autostart is disabled and the code behind a form loading is run step by step all is well, but I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. Many thanks Peter Kinsman Dear Peter, 1. Do you have good backups and backup schedule? 2. Could you mention the version of Access that you are running? 2B. What is your structure? Front end on...

access 97 begins without instructions, Why?
My office 97 Access Program begins automatically and it just began to happen. Is there someway to make this from happening? It is very frustrating when your logging into the computer and all of a sudden access 97 starts to run .. dusty68 <dusty68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My office 97 Access Program begins automatically and it just began to happen. > >Is there someway to make this from happening? It is very frustrating when >your logging into the computer and all of a sudden access 97 starts to run .. Check your Start >> All Programs >&g...

Access 97 "Unrecognized Database Format"
After our Novell Server crashed last week, all of the files had to be restored from backup. Some of the Access 97 databases will not open now. The error states "Unrecognized Database Format". The files in question have an .Mde file extension. Any suggestions? Thank you, Sandy M. "Sandy M." <Sandy.Mullen@emersonprocess.com> wrote in message news:0c9901c36d71$e28d9f10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After our Novell Server crashed last week, all of > the files had to be restored from backup. > > Some of the Access 97 databases will not open now. > > The e...

Converting Business Card in Publisher to V-Card in Outlook
How can I make this happen? thanks Jan Why not create it in Outlook? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=electronic+card&sc=4&av=TPL -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jan Ferris" <Jan Ferris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE01E5B0-FC65-4BF8-AE70-805B44ED6968@microsoft.com... > How can I make this happen? > thanks > Jan Since I am novice level, I can't figure out how to import artwork and place it exactly as I want it. "Mary Sau...

How can i change information on each post card
"laurza" <laurza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AB33BA8-4499-491D-BC0B-D6043D82A5BA@microsoft.com... >> Usually by typing. But then you have not mastered typing yet or you could have given just a small amount more information about the program you are using and the actual problem. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? ...

MS Exchange problem
Hi We are using Windows 2003 Server and MS Exchange 2003. I get the following message when i tried to access system manager of MS Exchange 2003. "Access is denied, Facility Win32, ID No: c0070005, Exchange System Manager" click ok and it quits. Similarly, I cannot access "Active Directory Users & Computers", it runs ok but when I click on a User object or any object for that matter I get; "Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension, Access is denied, Facility Win32, ID No: c0070005, Exchange System Manager" I click ok then the MMC quits. This ...