Multiple Instances of Manager Program

Greetings

I have a situation where it might become necessary to have multiple people
running the SO Manager program at the same time.  Doing edits and changes
primarily.  Has anyone run up against any performance/stability issues
under such circumstances.   Does this cause any instability problems with
the POS frontend also operating at the same time?  The reason I mention
this is that we did some experimentation with having an MS Access forms
app try and edit some data in the Customer table and it would cause the
frontend to crash if we were operating on the same record.  We were using
Access 2003 and RMS 1.3.

Cheers

JPH

jph
2/13/2007 6:42:51 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

One problem we have noticed:
If a purchase order is open in edit mode on one PC, it can be opened,
changed and closed by another user then any edits made by the first user wil
be lost.

Marc

"jph" <precipice_intl_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greetings
>
> I have a situation where it might become necessary to have multiple people
> running the SO Manager program at the same time.  Doing edits and changes
> primarily.  Has anyone run up against any performance/stability issues
> under such circumstances.   Does this cause any instability problems with
> the POS frontend also operating at the same time?  The reason I mention
> this is that we did some experimentation with having an MS Access forms
> app try and edit some data in the Customer table and it would cause the
> frontend to crash if we were operating on the same record.  We were using
> Access 2003 and RMS 1.3.
>
> Cheers
>
> JPH

Multiple name appearances
Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? Pat318 wrote: > Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. > Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? If your list is in A1:A1000, put this in B1:B1000 and sort by column B: =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,A1) ...

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

Excel 2007 Chart in VB6 Program
I have another thread in the VB group and was told to post to these two groups so sorryfor the multi-post. Ill post there again just in case folks want to follow the thread. So I've had a Visual Basic 6 app (as an EXE) that has worked great for the last 9 years or so. Up until Excel 2003 I have had to make minimial changes for it to work properly. The app has an OLE control which acts as a container for many different external sources .In this control I embed an Excel workbook and display a chart sheet. I can interact with the workbook through the normal means of Excel programming objects...

Does anyone know how to assign tasks to multiple individuals?
We use organizational boxes and have ocassion to send tasks out to other org boxes (6 usually). The problem is that you (apparently) lose the ability to track individually when you do this. Does anyone have any ideas, other than assigning 6 separate tasks (1 for each org box...). Thanks! ...

the program "access"
I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. my attempts are failing In article <1191720385.419936.207900@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, stevelaudig@gmail.com wrote: > I have a lot of data in the program "access" which I am unable to get > to using MAC. I need someone to assist me in migrating the data over. > my attempts are failing See http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/RelationalOffice.htm and http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/Excel/ExcelHome.htm You ca...

Sync multiple e-mail accounts
I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? "Need to Sync" <Need to Sync@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ED27720-6208-41A4-BED3-F875E32D4FEB@microsoft.com... >I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and > calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my > computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? Google Sync should work for gmail. I have no idea what "kiwilink"...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

My recipients recieving multiple copies
I'm using Outlook 2002 with Win XP Pro. I have dial up (POP3 & SMTP) in a little town with old phone lines. My recipients (never more than 50) sometimes recieve from 2 to 10 copies of the same message. I have increased the server time-out time from 1 minute to 9 minutes ( I figured that out on my own) but I'm not yet sure if that's the solution because my ISP guy tells me that Outlook really wasn't designed to send one message to more than 3 recipients esp. Bcc (I find that remark very hard to believe). My ISP guy tells me I should get an email program designed t...

Multiple stationeries #2
Hi We have three divisions in the company and need different stationery for each of them. Outlook, as far as I can see, only supports one stationery at a time. Is there a way to create three stationeries as html files and then load them somehow, may be via vba code, using buttons on toolbar? Is there a better way? Thanks Regards If you create three .html files and store them in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery directory, they will be accessible from within the stationery chooser. -- Eric Legault (Outlook MVP, MCDBA, old school WOSA MCSD, B.A.) Try Pic...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...

Install program build on Access 2003 on Window 7?
I have an application designed by a professional progammer that was built on Access 2003 with VBA. I am going to give it to students to run on their laptops. Some of them may have Vista or Window 7 operating systems. Will the application install and run? It installs with a 2003 RT version. I have found that the RT has to be removed when install on a machine with Office 2007. -- Ed Comp Analyst Whether or not it'll work on Vista or Win7 depends on whether the application was packaged correctly. Both Vista and Win7 are stricter about where the application (i.e. the MDB o...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

remove carriage return in multiple cells
Hello, I have an excel sheet with lots of data. Unfortunately lots of cells contain carriage returns. Is there a way to remove the carriage returns in those cells (more returns in a cell possible)? Thanks, Andy > Andy Select your range, then CTRL+H. In Find What, type 0010 (number keypad) while holding down ALT. Click Replace All. HTH, Andy Try running this macro: Sub RemoveCRLF() Cells.Replace Chr(10), "" Cells.Replace Chr(13), "" End Sub Afterward you may want to turn off Wrap Text (under Format, Cells, Alignment) for the affected cells. -- Jim...

lookup value based on multiple criteria
Banging my head on this one... can anyone help?? I've got several thousand rows of data in three columns, structured similar to example below. Each set of ID numbers represents a separate contact entry (person) in an address book. FIELDNAME could include one or more of about 200 fields, and VALUE may be blank. ID FIELDNAME VALUE 1 FirstName Bob 1 LastName Smith 1 Company Tech Smith, Inc. 2 LastName Johnson 2 Company <blank> 2 FirstName Jim I've got a second sheet set up with all of the 200 possible FIEL...

collating multiple page catalog
I recently got a HP business inkjet 1100d-previously had HP 932. Multiple page catalog in Pub 2002. Was able to print multiple copies & collate with 932. Now Pub will not collate. Word will collate. I tried the old 932 with the catalog after installing the 1100 & it will no longer collate. HP says it probably is a software problem since it works with Word. HELP & thanks ...

Multiple CRM Servers with Multiple Exchange Servers
I've read several places that you can't have multiple CRM servers in a single domain work properly b/c the Exchange Router will only work with one Exchange server. What if you have multiple Exchange servers? Can you use say CRM Server 1 with Exchange Server 1 and CRM Server 2 with Exchange Server 2? yes this should work as each exchange server will also have a microsoft crm exchange connector on it which will only communicate with one crm web server "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82D2C8B-CA11-4B66-BF28-083CF98E49A2@microsoft.com......

Deleting multiple rows through a formula
So does anyone know a formula that will allow me to delete multiple rows of re-occuring data in a spreadsheet. For example, I have a spreadsheet of 10,000 lines, with multiple mobile numbers on it. I need to only have one of each mobile number and delete the remaining rows where the mobile has been repeated? Mike you may be able to use the advance filter where can select unique records only. select data filter advanced filter select copy to another location then in list range box enter range to filter in the copy to box enter a free column select unique records only then ok then just ...

Business Contacts in Business Contact Manager
Business contact history seems to get updated with email inbox, business notes do not appear. I cannot add a new note or other item into the history. Any ideas??? Many thanks Ian BCM sometimes has what's known as a "forms cache" problem. Clearing the cache usually fixes it. Choose Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms, then Clear Cache. If simply clearing the cache doesn't fix the issue, try the other steps detailed at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836558 The bulk of the forms cache issues in Outl...

CRM Workflow Manager #2
Does it matter where you run the CRM workflow manager from in terms of your entire network or from the CRM server? thanks with CRM 3.0 you can only through CRM server, with CRM 4.0 now you are able to create workflow any system -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Robin AGSS" wrote: > Does it matter where you run the CRM workflow manager from in terms of your > entire network or from the CRM server? > thanks Thanks Imran. We had a strange occurrence ye...

Maintain multiple modified version for a report
My customer's client maintains several companies. Each company requires a different format of PO report. GP only has 2 format for PO's blank and other. They would like to have the capability to maintain several modified version on the PO blank or other form so that they do not have to change report dictionaries everytime a user will print a PO for a different company. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If yo...

Setup multiple domains
My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to all the different domains via pop? Point me in the right direction please. Thanks On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:27:04 -0800, "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My boss owns multiple companies and each has a registerd domain name. Can a >single SBS2003 exchange sever host all of the domains and allow traffic to >all the different domains via pop? > >Point me in the right direction please. > &g...

Module for searching multiple .doc files on multiple terms?
Hello All, Info on system setup: So I have an Access 2003 DB that is being used for career opportunities. This database sits behind my website where people can go to submit applications and upload their resumes in word.doc format. Every time a resume is upload it is place on a network drive that has a folder named "Resumes". This folder contains about 8500 files. My question... Is there any sort of method that can be used to do a search on all of these word.doc's using multiple criteria? I know that you can do a simple search using Windows that would be "on...

Is it possible to "Link" contacts in multiple Addresss Books?
In particular, I keep a list of Contacts to send to my Blackberry. Blackberry is trained to go to the "BB Contacts" address book and retrieve the information. This book is simple a partial list of those in the "All Contacts". What i would like to do is change the data for a contact in the "All Contacts" book and have it automatically change in the "BB Contacts" address book. Sometimes it's difficult to remember which Address Books a contact is contained in and then go in to change each entry for that contact. Linking the address ...

Multiple Convert Lead...
Can I convert multiple leads at once, instead of doing them one at a time? no - only one at a time. The wizard requires that you make some selections before conversion ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "StingRayYellow" <StingRayYellow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FE558A4-699D-4F5F-8E52-D78A167DE459@microsoft.com... > Can I convert multiple leads at once, instead of doing them one at a time? Thank you for the clarification. ...

add public folder calendar to multiple user accounts favorite calendar list. 06-22-10
hey all, i need to add a public folder calendar to multiple user accounts "favorites" calendar list (shows as other calendars) in outlook 2007. i know, from outlook, you can right click and add to favorite to add it to an individual user's "other calendars" but i need to do this for a group of people. is there any way in exchange, gpo, or something to do this automatically based on group membership, etc.? thanks in advance. shrpshtr ...