Multiple bar codes

Hi All,
I was told by an RMS consultant that one product can have multiple barcodes
by assigning multiple aliases.  My questions is what if the customer wants to
print these barcodes does RMS print individual bar codes for each of the
aliases?
0
FaizAmir (101)
8/2/2007 12:28:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No, only the Item Lookup Code will be printed as a barcode.
Craig

"Faiz Amir" <FaizAmir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I was told by an RMS consultant that one product can have multiple
> barcodes
> by assigning multiple aliases.  My questions is what if the customer wants
> print these barcodes does RMS print individual bar codes for each of the
> aliases?

0
craig6967 (916)
8/2/2007 2:03:25 PM
You do not need to print multiple barcodes.  You want to prim one barcode
that identifies the item.  However, if the manufacturer has a different
barcode as long as that code is in alias the system will convert that
scanned code to the item lookup code.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = = = = =
"Faiz Amir" <FaizAmir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I was told by an RMS consultant that one product can have multiple
> barcodes
> by assigning multiple aliases.  My questions is what if the customer wants
> print these barcodes does RMS print individual bar codes for each of the
> aliases?

0
afshin (783)
8/2/2007 2:12:19 PM
How can you print the bar codes with in RMS?

"Afshin Alikhani" wrote:

> You do not need to print multiple barcodes.  You want to prim one barcode
> that identifies the item.  However, if the manufacturer has a different
> barcode as long as that code is in alias the system will convert that
> scanned code to the item lookup code.
>
> Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
> CEO - Retail Realm
> = = = = = = = = = = = =
> "Faiz Amir" <FaizAmir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> > I was told by an RMS consultant that one product can have multiple
> > barcodes
> > by assigning multiple aliases.  My questions is what if the customer wants
> > print these barcodes does RMS print individual bar codes for each of the
> > aliases?

0
FaizAmir (101)
8/5/2007 8:50:01 AM
Faiz you must attend the RMS Store and HQ training.  Please contact Sunil
Kumar of Headstart.  It is not correct for a reseller like yourself asking
such simple questions on the forum.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = =
> How can you print the bar codes with in RMS?
>
> "Afshin Alikhani" wrote:
>
>> You do not need to print multiple barcodes.  You want to prim one barcode
>> that identifies the item.  However, if the manufacturer has a different
>> barcode as long as that code is in alias the system will convert that
>> scanned code to the item lookup code.
>>
>> Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
>> CEO - Retail Realm
>> = = = = = = = = = = = =
>> "Faiz Amir" <FaizAmir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All,
>> > I was told by an RMS consultant that one product can have multiple
>> > barcodes
>> > by assigning multiple aliases.  My questions is what if the customer
>> > wants
>> > print these barcodes does RMS print individual bar codes for each of
>> > the
>> > aliases?

0
afshin (783)
8/8/2007 6:41:03 PM
Thanks, its done.

"Afshin Alikhani" wrote:

> Faiz you must attend the RMS Store and HQ training.  Please contact Sunil
> Kumar of Headstart.  It is not correct for a reseller like yourself asking
> such simple questions on the forum.
>
> Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
> CEO - Retail Realm
> = = = = = = =
> "Faiz Amir" <FaizAmir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can you print the bar codes with in RMS?
> >
> > "Afshin Alikhani" wrote:
> >
> >> You do not need to print multiple barcodes.  You want to prim one barcode
> >> that identifies the item.  However, if the manufacturer has a different
> >> barcode as long as that code is in alias the system will convert that
> >> scanned code to the item lookup code.
> >>
> >> Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
> >> CEO - Retail Realm
> >> = = = = = = = = = = = =
> >> "Faiz Amir" <FaizAmir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
FaizAmir (101)

multiple CD's, same bank
I've got multiple CD's opened up at the same bank. They are all under the same account number, but each under a separate heading. Each of the CD's mature at a different time, and they will be rolled over into new CD's over the next 18 years. Futhermore, my bank provides online banking services directly within MS Money, including automated download of statements. So...what would be the best way to set up these accounts in Money? Should I create one account named CD and then make a cash transaction for each CD? Should I set up each CD as an individual investment accou...

Force a page break in code
I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat Event when a value changes. How do I do that? Thanks, Bill Bill wrote: > I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat > Event when a value changes. How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Bill Insert a PageBreak control from the ToolBox bar at the desired location. Even though such a control is never "visible" other than in design view they do still have a Visible property. That property effectively turns on and off the PageBreak so you can minipulate that in your code. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP...

One Entry to Multiple Rows

Downloading multiple messages
All of a sudden outlook has started downloading multiple messages from my pop account (ie 22 of the same) It is also sending out 22 of the same message. How can I resolve this issue? What version of Outlook do you have? Does it download duplicates of *all* messages, or just of one or two messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "GW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005101c3bf4c$e748bf30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > All of a sudden outlook has started do...

Problem with vba code to export query result in excel
Hi, I have a access report that exports to excel with click of a button after choosing parameters. This works well. However I have to modify couple of fields to utilize formula in the export module. I am not sure how to do this. I am writing the above code which seems to cause problem. I appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks. Code: If lngColumn = 12 Then xlc.Offset(0, lngColumn).Value = =([UnitPrice]*[OriginalShippedQty])/1000 End If It seems the fields UnitPrice and OrigianalShippedQty are not being recognized here Jack wrote: >Hi, >I have a acces...

Code about setting Y Axes scale.
I couldn't understand the lines between 35-42, why he thought the dbMinScale after the change is the one he want. What the logic of this code section. Any one who could understand please help me. thanks in advance!:) Private Sub USP_SetYAxesScal(ByVal i_strWSName As String, ByVal i_strChartName As String, Optional ByVal i_intDecimal As Integer = 2) Dim dbMaxScale As Double, dbMinScale As Double, i As Integer, j As Integer Dim xTargetChart As Chart, vTemp() As Variant, blnInit As Boolean, dbMax As Double, dbMin As Double 1 On Error Resume Next 'get max/m...

Multiple Language Issues
Hi all, Has anyone successfully manually updated a non-English supported 5.5 to 2003? (The reason for the manual update was a broken admin account.) Mail and contacts were all exported to PST files, and then imported to 2003. However, although the text of the messages is fine (English and Russian), the text for contact names and message subjects gets gorched if they contained any Russian text. Does anyone know the correct sequence to follow to take messages and contacts in Russian (or other languages) from 5.5 to 2003, while retaining the non-English subject lines and contact names? ...

Multiple Sales Transaction for Same Work Order
I am in the process of trying to create a store level report by department, catagory, and item of the moneys received in total by both deposit on work orders and on direct sales that are not work orders. We require a 100% deposit (of a single tender type) on work orders. I then need to break this deposit down by department, catagory and item. Then I must add that to the same break down for direct sales. Thereby getting a total of all moneys received during a specified period for the store across all registers. So basically I am trying to figure out the data structure and org...

Help with a code
I have these code and it works find: but i also want to use it for different culumn within the same sheet. how do i add Column D with different target? meaning "S" for Study and "B" for books and s on... and maybe adding a Msg box to it that will only allow the Letters specify.. thank you in advance.. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target = "" Then Exit Sub If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(Target, Range("c6:c50")) Is Nothing Then If UCase(Target) = "C" Then Target = "Contribution" El...

Excel Number Format Codes
I can't figure out how to format numbers so that when you type 3220 it will look like 32.20 kinda like how you can enter numbers on an adding machine. I would greatly appreciate this number format code. Thank you. -- 1:~ Hi, I think you want to go Tools | Options | Edit | Fixed Decimals - 2. That will divide all the numbers you enter by 100. You will also have to format the row or column to display 2 decimals. Select the cells or range, right mouse click, format cells, numbers, 2 decimals. Hope that helps. Best regards, Kevin "MBB" <MBB@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

zip code help! #2
thanks for the help !!!!!!!! It worke -- cbender ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cbender3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27126 ...

Multiple Report Dictionaries
We just acquired another company and some of the modified reports will need to be different than the ones we currently use. There are a few people that will need to work with both companies in Great Plains. Is there a way to change which reportws dictionary a company uses - or a user uses - without editing the launch file? Thanks,, Mike You could have two installations of the client on the workstation. Each installation would have a different dictionary file. The user would have to pick the right one. "MikeW" <MikeW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Separators In OUTLOOK Tool Bars???
How do I pace a separator in an OUTLOOK tool bar? In outlook 2003: Right click on toolbar, and choose customize. Select the Commands tab, then click on the toolbar button you want to be to the right of the separator. Click on "modify selection", then on "Start a group". HTH Mark -----Original Message----- From: C. Davey Utter [mailto:cdutter@spamex.com] Posted At: 02 October 2005 19:57 Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook Conversation: Separators In OUTLOOK Tool Bars??? Subject: Separators In OUTLOOK Tool Bars??? How do I pace a separator in an OUTLOOK tool bar? --...

in Publisher I want to merge/send email with multiple attachments
Using Publisher 2007 I know how to do a merge and then email out from a list. Publisher gives the option to attach multiple attachments to the email but when the send actually goes out it only carries the first of the attachments and discards the others. Is there a trick to making multiple attachments stay attached? or is this a bug... Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.. Rust Gilbert Rust, Since you already know how to do email merges in Publisher 2007, you're probably the ideal person to answer my question...I have been trying to do an email merge using an existing publis...

Zip a file from code
I have several xls files that I export from Access (2000). Can anyone provide me the code (or a web site) that I can use to zip these files into one file to be emailed? Use the shell command and winzip command line calls ( link provided ). http://www.memecode.com/docs/winzip.html "brian b" wrote: > I have several xls files that I export from Access (2000). Can anyone > provide me the code (or a web site) that I can use to zip these files into > one file to be emailed? > > This web site was shared with me on this NG. I found the code works very well. Go...

Can I embed or link multiple .pdf files into or to an excel file?
I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked files print along with it. use hyper link "GrubbyG" wrote: > I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I > would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link > those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked > files print along with it. ...

passeord Protect for excel formula and VBA code
Hi, i have excel sheet its contain lot of formula and VBA(macro) code, its for used for user purpose, i need how to protect the formula and VBA at the time of user using. kindly let me know , kindly help me out i need user password : for user can upload the data in non restriction cell, admin password : can change any thing(change power) pls help me, Please ask on the Excel board. "deen" wrote: > Hi, > > i have excel sheet its contain lot of formula and VBA(macro) code, > > its for used for user purpose, > > i need how to protect the formula and ...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

Security bar
Hi, I have the following problem with my Access dataabse: Evertime I open the database i get the security warning bar,users should press on options and select "Enable this content" in ordr to proceed to the database... Is there a VB code that i can run on the on load event of my main form to set this option to automatically "enable this content" ? You don't mention which version this is. If Access 2007, you need to tell it your database is in a trusted folder. Go to: Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings and Add your folder...

Supporting multiple excel versions from .NET
Hi, I am using excel automation to write data to Excel. I am using Excel 9 and I using early binding to create the objects. I would like to support Excel versions 9 and upwards. To run the same application on a production system, with office XP,( which has only the framework installed), should I distribute the olb file, that I used while referencing, along with my installation? Are there any other dependencies, that I need to take care? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, Anyone know if it is possible to save multiple calendar selection views in Outlook 2003 yet ? For example a receptionist may have the ability to view say twenty or so users calendars. When she closes Outlook and opens it up again she has to select them all over again. I see lots of people wanting to do this and being told that it's not possible...or at least the posts I've read thus far. Jim. ...

How do I remove multiple hyperlinks in the same cell (Excel)?
I have multiple hyperlinks in one Excel cell, each separated by a hard return (ALT-Enter). I can remove the hyperlinks using: -- right click > remove hyperlink -- or by using a macro but I cannot get this to work on multiple links in one cell. When I do this, all links go into one line separated by a square box. I have had to create a separate line for the second hyperlink, and this is making my spreadsheet look out of alignment. Please help! ...

Multiple Outgoing Messages
Recently, Outlook 2002 (Internet Mail Only) clients on our LAN have begun to intermittently send outgoing messages repeatedly. In most, but not all, instances the messages have attachments, and take an unusually long time to send before showing a "Complete" Send/Receive status. The messages then remain in the Outbox, and are sent multiple times before finally clearing themselves or being manually deleted. Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, lewis. Hi, It seems like you've gotten a virus of some kind. There's no harm in running an an antivi...

multiple pick from drop-down list
Does anyone know how to setup a drop-down type (or other type) list where I could pick multiple selections from the list and have it populate each selection in a different cell? Thanks, John Drop-downs do not lend themselves to multiple selections (what should be shown in the text area when the drop-down is not dropped down? You would probably be best off using a ListBox (it supports multiple selections). Can you give a more detailed description of what you want to do? Rick "johnrb7865" <johnrb7865@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD85C389-6AFC-4BC1-9...