Multiple Bar Codes Per Item

I'm looking to use Microsoft RMS for a medium sized game store with
one terminal. One critical feature is the ability to have multiple bar
codes assigned to the same item. Can RMS do this?

Gary
0
gray8413 (2)
8/12/2004 5:17:23 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Gary,

If you are talking about multiple part numbers, yes, use the alias function.

Remember what a barcode is. Its a graphical representation of a partnumber
that is machine readable.  It doesn't describe the item, it is only a number
to reference that item.  Just like your phone number, it means nothing, but
everytime someone dials that number, it gets to you.

--
*
"gareman" <gray@runlevel6.com> wrote in message
I'm looking to use Microsoft RMS for a medium sized game store with
one terminal. One critical feature is the ability to have multiple bar
codes assigned to the same item. Can RMS do this?

Gary

0
spam3944 (2163)

Error code 57E
I have Vista 32 bit XP windows Home Premium. Try to install 2007 Microsoft System KB972581 and Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pact 2, stalls at 50% install, however any other updates are installed. I have turned off the firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials and tried to install after, and still error code 57E on these 2 updates. The updates that did install are as follows... Cumulative Security Active X Killbits Microsoft Outlook 2007 Junk Mail Filter Security Essentials for Microsoft Office Windows Malicious Removal Tool Security Update I had this problem before with the SP2 ...

Updating multiples fields of entities
Hi, I have the same field in two entities , when i update the field in one entity , then how can i also update the field at another entity at the same time. In other words , how can the change reflect in another entity? Ps" I use the edit from action menu and then edit the particular field". regards and thanks. Aami Aami; First you need to establish a relationship between these two entities and then you can use Mapping to accomplish the update on the related record. Dave "Aami" <aamir34@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1138276264.929935.305340@g49g2000c...

Distributing a VBA Project to multiple workstations
Using GP10.0 we have created a VBA package that includes modified forms. The VBA Developer's Guide cautions against merely copying the VBA project file to a destination machine when modified forms are part of the project (page 114). The only other option the Developer's GUide provides involves moving "the package file to the destination workstation, then import the customizations into the installation." I know how to do this, but cannot imagine someone going to each individual workstation when there are, for example, one hundred workstations involved. I tried to us Cli...

Windows XP error code 0x80240022
Hi I need someones help please!! I downloaded Windows Defender and i keep getting the error message so cannot download the updates. I also accidentally deleted security files and lost the entire SYSTEM RESTORE FACILITY ( please don't shout, i know i am an idiot!) 2 Questions. 1~ Is there a way of installing system restore again without buying a new disc? as mine was already installed on my computer when i bought it ( i already tried the typing in the black box thing and had no joy- i also spent 2 3 days exploring Windows and cannot work out if it can be done) 2~ How on e...

Item Error .... Help
All, When we try to add an item to the invoice transaction screen we get "This item is not currently effective. Do you want to use it anyway?". We go ahead and use it and it seem to work. This is only happening on a new pc setup but older setups in the company seems to work fine. Would anyone know what is causing this. Any help would be appreciated. Jamal x6303 Are you using GP manufacturing? Is the chunk file installed on all workstations? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check...

How to sum few items
Hi A B X 1 Y 1 X 2 Y 2 Y 4 X 5 I want to sum up those numbers in B column which contains Y in their opposite in A column. -- Little Master ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479050 Use the SUMIF function eg =SUMIF(A1:A6,"=Y",B1:B6) =SUMIF(A1:A10,"Y",B1:B10) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &q...

incorrect cost price put in and item was sold
i have a customer that had an item that was supposed to be $450.00 and they put it in at 45,000.00 for the cost. they sold the item and now thier reports are comming up 45,000.00 short. how can i go back in and change the cost for that sale to the correct price, so the reports come out correct?? thanks, Jeremy Olson wrote: > i have a customer that had an item that was supposed to be $450.00 and > they put it in at 45,000.00 for the cost. they sold the item and now > thier reports are comming up 45,000.00 short. how can i go back in and > change the cost for that sale to t...

Multiple Information in Columns
I have mutliple information in my columns for Access 2003. Here is an example of what I have Report # Worksheet Location Text 3055 A103 XYZ COmpnay 3055 A102 1231 Walnut St 3055 A104 Newark 3055 A105 NJ 3056 A103 ABC Company 3056 A102 456 Fultondale Ave 3056 A104 Twin City 3056 A105 ...

Accessing outlook pst files from multiple machines
How can I access my pst file from more than one machine simultaneously? I do this at work all the time, why can't I do it at home? pst files can't be access by two or more machines at the same time. (the messaging system opens the files for exclusive use so no other machine can open the file at the same time.) perhaps at work you are using an exchange server and not a personal folders file. "Rob" <rob@lounsbury.net> wrote in message news:147ba01c4450f$1cbb9d20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I access my pst file from more than one machine > simultaneously? I ...

SQL category update code
What would be a code to update a catory field if a specific name is in the item description line, For example if the description contains Brandy set the item's category to brandy ? thanks Robert Robert - first you'll need to know what categoryID has been assigned to your brandy department - run the following query select * from category then jot down the ID of the "brandy" category... lets say the ID is 3 your update query will be UPDATE ITEM SET CATEGORYID = 3 WHERE DEPARTMENT LIKE '%BRANDY%'; the % sign allows for any word before and after the word brandy...

Sync of sent items in Entourage 2008
hi guys, its a old thread, but is there any solution out now? Same Problem here with Exchange 2003 SP 2 and Entourage 2008. Sent Items of Entourage 2008 do NOT sync in both ways. OWA, Outlook AND Entourage 2204 are doing fine. regards, Olli On 3/2/10 6:18 AM, boehli wrote: > Same Problem here with Exchange 2003 SP 2 and Entourage 2008. > Sent Items of Entourage 2008 do NOT sync in both ways. OWA, Outlook > AND Entourage 2204 are doing fine. Select your Sent Items folder and copy your messages to a temporary folder under "On My Computer". This will b...

Format number as text on multiple files import to a Single Workbook
Hello, I want to Import Multiple Files to a Single Workbook and there is code on http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T003148_Importing_Multiple_Files_to_a_Single_Workbook.html that does the job with one exception: I want all the imported data to be formated as text and not general (I need leading zeros etc...). What to add to that code & where ? TIA Instead of moving the workbook, add a new sheet and format as text then copy and pastespecial as values. I change the open to use OPenText. this should work While x <= UBound(FilesToOpen) With wkbAll Set Newsht = .Sheets.Add(aft...

outlook sent items, draft, and contacts, etc
When I go to check my Sent Items, the mail file flashes and then a website pops up, if I delete the web site, it pops up again, and again. No matter what I do it comes back, it comes back, I even tried to delete the cookie if that would do any good? This happens with the Draft file or Contacts, and even if I go back to Inbox at this point I can't see my mail becuase this stupid web page pops up, and I have to close outlook altogether and start over. It's like my computer or program has been invaded by a pop up virus. The web site is: http://www.jraun.com/search.php?search...

Secondary Value within Bar
I am trying to set up a simple bar chart. Example: Total$ 2003, 2002, 2001. Within each of those bars I need to fill the bar up with another value. Example Total$ was 10000, but 5000 when towards another category. I need to show the total as 10000, but fill the bar up to 5000 with another design. Make sense? Pat - You could make a stacked bar (or column) chart. In these you do not plot the total, but all the constituents of the total. If you don't know them all, use 'Other' and use a formula to subtract all the known constituents from the total. So your chart would ha...

Multiple Birthday
I am running Outlook 2002 and I am desperately trying to figure out a way of holding multiple birthdays for the one contact (eg John & Mary Smith and their son Joe - 3 birthdays to be held) and display on Calender. Any ideas ? Why not create 3 Contacts for this? You can assign them the same category then. You can't assign 3 names to one Contact either. Another way to go is to create a recurring appointment in the Calendar on their birthdays and add a shortcut to these bithdays in the Contact properties. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mon...

How come code inside a false condition is causing an error
How come code inside a false condition is causing an error? I have the following code with a condition that is false (lets say 1=2.) How come I get an error that is related to the code inside if the condition is false? Msg 927, Level 14, State 2, Line 3 Database 'NMS' cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a restore. The code IF 1= 2 begin select * FROM NMS..MR_BackupHistory end The error in case it is executed when the db is being restored. Msg 927, Level 14, State 2, Line 3 Database 'NMS' cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a rest...

Deleting multiple proxy addresses
I am going to use the command below from Q318774. As part of the procedure to delete addresses I accidentally created with two full stops in them. ldifde -f badproxies.txt -d "dc=domain,dc=com" -l proxyaddresses -r "(proxyaddresses=*smtp:*..*@*)" If my domain name on the network is 'SCHOOL.LOCAL' My domain name for email addresses is 'ST-JOHNS.WILTS.SCH.UK' What do I put for the "dc=domain" and "dc-com" entries? Is the rest of the command correct and a simple copy and paste? You'd put "dc=school,dc=local" on those part...

Why does multiple files not open after being selected.
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007. I go to "My documents". After selecting multiple files I right click to get to OPEN. After selecting "open" nothing happens. I have to open one by one file...that works well. What you are trying to do should definitely work... Have you tried repairing the installation? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Magrieta" <Magrieta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF9E98DD-F9CC-43B7-BA8E-24DADDA138D2@microsoft.com... > I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2007. > I go to "...

Multiple xls into one xls
I have 162 separate xls files that I have used for mail merges. All the fields (column headers) are identical, just the data is different. I would like to amalgamate all of these into one single xls file. How can I do this? I promise to use a database next time! :) Ron Thanks very much, quick too. :) James >-----Original Message----- >Try this > >http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm > > > >-- >Regards Ron de Bruin >(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) >www.rondebruin.nl > > > >"James Searle" <jcsearle@accommsoft.co.uk> wrote in me...

Multiple Users #4
My scenerio is - we have 10 warehouse workers that log on to 1 PC with a common logon. I would like to give each of them their own secure mailbox that they can access, without logging out of Windows 2000. I have created accounts for each of the users, as well as profiles on the PC. When the user tries to login, there is a prompt for ID/PW and Domain. After entering the info - an error appears saying that the user does not have permission to access the mailbox. We are using Outlook 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Seeding Random Numbers with Multiple Threads?
Hi, Usually, seeding the random number generator with a time value is ideal as it creates what is for all practical purposes, true random numbers. However, each thread has it's own random number seed. And, I need to seed 4 seperate threads during initialization of my app. So using the time doesn't work, as all four threads end up using the exact same (therefore non-random) series of numbers. Is there a best practice for what seed(s) to use when seeding several random generators at once? Are there three more different, but unpredictable UINT values in the system that I could seed the...

Outlook Code
Hi all, I would be very grateful if someone could give me a line of code. that will close the active message window. I have a macro which forwards an e-mail to a number of recipients but I would prefer if the window would then close automatically rather than having to close it manually. Thanks in advance. Application.ActiveInspector.Close param Look up Close in the object browser to see the different values the = param can take, depending on the desired disposition of the item.=20 FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming = issues "down the hall" a...

Code for Access Help
Hello, I need to create a report that seperates a total fee into one monthly charge of X%, then equal monthly amounts depending on the contract length. ie a $1000 charge with a 25% first payment and 11 month contract would show a first month charge of $250 then 10 equal payments of $75. My input is a table with the following column headings: Account#, Total Fee, Contract length, FirstMonthPercentage. I would like the output to be a table with the same columns as above, but with each months payment following on the same row. Although I am pretty good with Access, I do no...

Search for sent items
As the admin is there an easy way to access everyone's mailbox "sent items" for a specific email sent to a specific email address? "=?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmU=?=" <Andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:895DF436-DEB4-4D79-BD6D-D404809EA26A@microsoft.com: > As the admin is there an easy way to access everyone's mailbox "sent > items" for a specific email sent to a specific email address? Not that I am aware of. This is sort of a needle in the haystack type of problem. Something like ontrack powercontrols may help, but it won't be cheap...

CRM Error creating new items
Background CRM was working fine then all of a sudden users could not add or view details of leads, opportunities, contacts or accounts. They can however add tasks, fax, phone calls, emails, letters and appointments. When attempting to add a new contact for example (or to view detailed info on that client) I get an error. The error is: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administraotr In the event log I get MSCRM Application Error Report: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: ...