MSPOS: Number of printers available

Refresh my memory please, why are we allowed only 2 printers for each
register?

I have access to 7 printers on my network, why can't I print to most of
them.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8c5288ff-6e69-4ac1-a2c4-c55ee48b9f83&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
spam3944 (2163)
7/13/2006 5:23:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Skipping Numbers in Styles and Numbering
I have setup a ton of styles and associated numbering methods for a lengthy legal document. I was wondering if there was a way of skipping numbers. For Example: Section.Subsection: 7.04 7.08 7.12 etc. We have a single level of a lengthy numbering format that needs this to occur. Is it possible? Yes. In W2007 you can right click on the number and choose _set numbering value_. Pam Jared wrote: >I have setup a ton of styles and associated numbering methods for a lengthy >legal document. I was wondering if there was a way of skipping numbers. For >...

format numbers #2
I have a list of audio books in an excel 2003 spreadsheet. One column should show the duration of the book in this format: 8 hrs 23 mins. But what shows in the column is a 5 digit number, such as 54463 as an example. I cannot figure out how to format this column to translate this number into the hrs and mins of the actual book. Could someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks for your help Joanne Joanne Where does this number come from? It does not seem to relate to 8 hours 23 minutes at all (eg it isn't the total minutes for example or seconds). What is the source of this informa...

How to display zeros at the beginning of a number?
I have inventory numbers that start with zeros. How do I format cells to display these zeros. ex../. 000456789 FYI The numbers do not have the same amount of zeros in front of them. Thanks hi, use the custom format 000000000 -- isabelle Le 2011-04-21 07:08, Larry Allen a �crit : > I have inventory numbers that start with zeros. How do I format cells > to display these zeros. ex../. 000456789 > FYI The numbers do not have the same amount of zeros in front of them. > Thanks Format as Isabelle suggests or preface with an apostrophe which won't show in the cell. You can pre...

Numbering in Value (Y) Axis Scale
HELP! For two days now I've tried to figure out how to number the (Y) Axis scale. I simply want it to go from 2100 at the top and go to 1100 at the bottom. I tried going to the number and entering [=1100]"Min";[=2100]"Max" and that didn't work either. Here is a sample of what I am trying to do: Total Shipments "legend box" 2002 "legend box" 2003 "Value (Y) axis Scale" 2100 2000 1900 1800 and...

Upgrade version available ?
My customer has Exchange 2003 from SBS 2003. If I understand correctly, it is the standard edition of Exchange. I am looking for the upgrade package to Exchange Enterprise 2003, but it seems I am not lucky. I can only find the full license of Exchange Enterprise 2003, not the upgrade from Standard. Is that upgrade available or do I have to get the full license ? I went to MS site and it only shows me the price of those two packages and I could not find any information on where to buy the upgrade. Any advice on where I can get it is highly appreciated. Thanks, DT Hi DT, My understandin...

Sorting page numbers
Is there a simple way of sorting pages back into numeric order after building a large spread sheet so they appear in ascending order on the monitor. Without renumbering that is Thanks Mike Hi Mike, Your question is not clear to me, so here are three interpretations even if it is a stretch compared to even what you indicated. If you sorted the rows into a different order and want to restore them you can restore the order if you previous numbered your rows by placing a 1 on a new column (helper column) and used the fill-handle to place 2 into next cell, and 3 into next, etc. If you mean...

Trim String after last number
I have a string that is both text and numeric (ie:A123BC), the last charectors afte the number does not always equal 2 so a right of left formula will not cut it. Besides the Right and left function how can I drop a formula that will always trim after the last numeric value, so that A123BC will return A123. Thanks fo rthe help Bobby Could you provide some more description of the strings. Do they fall within some minimum and maximum length? Do the letter on the end fall within some minimum and maximum length Depending on the complextiy of the data set, this can probably be done with some c...

Caption Numbering connected with various heading styles
I am working on a document with many (100+) figures with captions that are located in various chapters, sections and subsections. I don't have a problem numbering the caption automatically with the appropriate heading level but when I adjust the caption heading level in the caption dialog box (e.g. from H3 to H4) all of my previously created H3 headings are changed to H4 level headings. In shorter documents I have simply gone back and adjusted the \s 4 to \s 3 (or as appropriate) after completing the document but that is getting rather tedious with the large number of figures...

automatic receiving of serial numbers
Almost all of our items have serial numbers. One of our stores is actually the central distribution warehouse, and all of our stores are connected via RMS Headquarters. When creating a Transfer Out form from the warehouse we have to select the serial numbers, and would like the serial number data to be sent along with the Transfer In form to the receiving store so that the serial number data does not have to be re-entered at the receiving store. Some technicians at the RMS distributor in Australia told us to unclick the Serial Numbers option "Require Serial Number when Receiving...

Part number combo box is blank, all others work
I've tried repeatedly to make a part number combo box work. All other combo boxes on my form work, but for some reason this one will not. I have tryed to use this field in other forms (by itself) to try to figure it out, it doesn't work on the others either. Could there be something in the table or part number field? Please help dumb-founded LOL! We need to see your code assigning the cbo value and know whether your Part Number is an actual Numeric datatype of Text datatype. Also, what version/service pack of Access are you running? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way t...

add older HP 500"all in one" HP printer, fax, copier problem
I am not able to install a "all in one" HP printer, copier, fax, and scanner to my PC. I have Microsoft XP professional. As I attempt to follow the install/add on hardware directions i, in the last step, get a message of, "sorry, we have encountered a problem and are unable to complete the install" message. There is nothing wrong with the printer and I know it works as I had it working before on the computer but after having installed XP pro I left it disconnected for a long while and now am not able to get it installed. Help me somebody by giving me instr...

Sorting numbered system that relies on decimals
eg. This is the result I am looking for: TS-501.9.8 TS-501.9.9 TS-501.9.10 TS-501.9.11 TS-501.10.1 TS-501.10.2 TS-501.11.1 This is the result I am getting: TS-501.10.1 TS-501.10.2 TS-501.11.1 TS-501.9.10 TS-501.9.11 TS-501.9.8 TS-501.9.9 As you can see the numbers between the dots ascend from 1, however excel takes them as decimals (eg 0.1 = 0.10 = 0.100). Suggestions appreciated! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi It's possible to do using helping column, and a huge formula in it. But why not to convert your column into form TS-501.09.08 etc. Then you haven'...

dot matrix printers in Publisher 2003
How can I find settings to use a dot matrix printer with Publisher 2003 to print on continuous feed labels, specifically Avery 4410 The settings will be in the printer. What does the support say at the manufacturer's web site? A good article, maybe helpful Labels for Dot Matrix, Frequently Asked Questions http://images.acswebnetworks.com/qimages/acs/ilob1/FAQ_Dot_Matrix_Labels.pdf -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "oldshort" <oldshort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69292D0E-F2B1-...

Named Printers report list.
Is there a list anywhere that shows what reports are affected by which Named Printers options? What do you mean by options? "Dnelson" wrote: > Is there a list anywhere that shows what reports are affected by which Named > Printers options? As in which reports are affected by which named printer operation. Like when it said Posting reports - Purchasing, exactly which reports does that effect? "Leslie Vail" wrote: > What do you mean by options? > > "Dnelson" wrote: > > > Is there a list anywhere that shows what reports are affecte...

Error message with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2 Not enough storage is available
Hi everybody, I need some help. With CAPICOM 2.1.0.1, when I try to store certificates from a smart card I use Store := CoStore.Create; Cert:=CreateComObject(CLASS_Certificate) as ICertificate2; Store.Open(CAPICOM_SMART_CARD_USER_STORE, 'MY',CAPICOM_STORE_OPEN_READ_ONLY); without any problem. I have updated with CAPICOM 2.1.0.2, and the same code produces an error message:"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" when store.open. I need use this library. My os is Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002. SP3. My Internet e...

How to define the full account number in a SmartList?
I'm trying to figure out how to define a SmartList using Builder so that when you search on the Account Number, you get the Value box that splits the account into its associated components. For example, our account numbers consist of three segments. If I enter a search criteria for the account number in any one of the standard SmartLists, the Value box has three distinct pieces, each separated by a hyphen. If I use the GL00101 table in Builder, I would have to create a calculated field, concatenating all 3 segments together - but that won't show up as the 3 separate fields with...

Version Numbers: ADO vs EXCEL
Some may consider this an ADO item, but it concerns Excel users as well Here's the problem (and a partial solution): An excel worksheet tries to extract and merge tabular data from anothe worksheet located in another workbook(that may be opened or not). Extraction is based on variable criteria. So I used ADO to perform th operation. The Connection string looks like: -Dim strConnection as String strConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source= & strExcelWorkbook & ";" & _ "Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=...

displaying a single text character for a number value on a subform
I have a form called "clients" that has a combo box field for an e-mail subscription. The choices are unsubscribed (underlying value=0), subscribed (underlying value=1) & not subscribed (underlying value=2). This info also shows on a subform on a form called "companies". I would like for the data onthis "companies" subform to show U for value 0, S for value 1 and N for value 2. I am stupped in how to do this. Thanks for any hints/help Ken Gehle "Ken Gehle" <KenGehle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E83049A-1308-4E08-9C...

serial number #2
I need to delet hundereds of old sold serial number because I need to shrink my DB. Is there way I can get script ? All the serials are under one item. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1410 vendaliajat@yahoo.com Hi Gill - first confirm your item id by typing your serial item itemlookupcode in XXX below (keep the single quotes) select id from item where itemlookupcode = 'XXX' -- confirm and jot down the id assigned to the item - let's say its ID is123 The status field gets flagged with a &quo...

changing the default printer in code
We have an application that uses the Adobe Acrobat SDK to print forms from within our app. However, the Print routine in Adobe will only use the default printer. I need to be able to change the default printer on the fly at print time. I currently display the CPrintDlg to allow the user to select which printer they want. I'm not sure what the next step is. I did a test by changing the default printer using the Setup/Printer UI from the Start Menu and this did the trick. I tried to see where the default info was stored and changed but couldn't (not in the registry or WIN...

Excel and rounding numbers
Hi all, I have a problem that is really driving me batty. I have created an Excel spreadsheet where I keep track of sixteen character credit card numbers. Excel is rounding the last digit up or down...and I can't turn it off. I have gone into "tools/options/calculations" and selected "Precision as displayed", and tried other formatting in the "format, cells" section...nothing is working. Can anyone help me with this frustrating problem? Why is this so difficult!!! Thanks, Mosher Excel has only 15 digits precision that means that everything more than that...

sequencial cell numbers w/ an Exception
Ok I read the previous post about sequencial numbers but how can I set up the numbering so that it all ways add the contents of the previous cell, regardless of what the cell name is. I use the normal process for creating sequential numbers but when I insert a new row w/i the group the sequence is broken. Is there a way to say A1 = 5.0 B1 = SUM(PREVCELL + 5); C1 = SUM(PREVCELL + 5); instead of A1 = 5.0 B1 = SUM(A1 + 5); C1 = SUM(B1 + 5); As you can see that if a new cell is inserted into the later it breaks but the earlier statment still holds true. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Sharr...

Access USb Printer as User?
Hi, just wondering if a ordinary user account under windows xp sp3 can print using a local attached usb printer...(oki c5510 mfp) it is working as administrator, but the user can't print (as soon as he presses a print button, it fails with "cannot print to device..." any help appreciated. regards joerg I have been able to send output to a usb printer from any account ever since I installed the first one... Jim "Joerg Mayer" <masteryoda@gmx.de> wrote in message news:gfmkkg24bp9q.1em4gra69x3kx.dlg@40tude.net... > Hi, > > just wond...

Find the rank of a number
Pretty basic, but a cunundrum non the less. List of teams and a stat beside them. Such as: Team Name Wins Team1 299 Team2 314 Team3 349 Team4 325 Team5 335 In a differnet cell i want to display the rank of team 4. In this case it would be 3rd place, or third largest number. Any Clues? azidrane wrote: > Pretty basic, but a cunundrum non the less. > > List of teams and a stat beside them. Such as: > > Team Name Wins > Team1 299 > Team2 314 > Team3 349 > Team4 ...

In Excel, how do I change the number of columns that the TAB key .
In Excel, my TAB key sends the cursor from column A to column Z (not to the adjacent cell). How to fix/change this? Tools|Options; open Transition tab and uncheck Transition Navigation Keys Your system is set to mimic Lotus -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "petroMacK" <petroMacK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3880072-5C76-4DDF-8EBD-4B4369B423D4@microsoft.com... > In Excel, my TAB key sends the cursor from column A to column Z (not to > the > adjacent cell). How to fix/change this? ...