MS POS 2.0: Store credit not available?

Hi all, seems there is no way for applying store credit in MS POS. Is there
an addon or some other way to get a function for store credit?

thnx in advance..
0
Dennis (299)
4/13/2007 2:32:07 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dennis- I use a Work Around- I create a work order and then give the
customer a credit on the work order-  Then when the customer comes in, I
bring up their work order with the credit etc.

It is cludgy i know, but...
"Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, seems there is no way for applying store credit in MS POS. Is
> there
> an addon or some other way to get a function for store credit?
>
> thnx in advance..

0
sagemaster (106)
4/13/2007 7:09:28 PM
Dennis,

Brent's work around my work for RMS, but POS doesn't have Work Orders.

One thing you could try is to create a non-taxable, non-inventory item
called "Store Credit".

When a store credit is issued, add this to the transactions (along with the
returned merchandise) and set the Price to the amount of the credit.  When
it is redeemed, set the quantity to -1, and the price to the amount of the
credit.

This work around will by no means track outstanding store credits, but it
will at least account for the "money" going in and out.

Jeff

"Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message
> Dennis- I use a Work Around- I create a work order and then give the
> customer a credit on the work order-  Then when the customer comes in, I
> bring up their work order with the credit etc.
>
> It is cludgy i know, but...
> "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all, seems there is no way for applying store credit in MS POS. Is
>> there
>> an addon or some other way to get a function for store credit?
>>
>> thnx in advance..

0
jeffbl (43)
4/14/2007 3:22:23 AM
By all means: store credit = to give credit to a customer and he/she pays
the bill at a later moment. (forgive me if store credit means something else.
Dutch is my native language :) )

Sorry Jeff,
mentioned workaround lacks the payment tracking :(.
-----------
this is what i had in mind, though it also lacks required functionality:

I made a new payment method called 'credit sales' with the format 'credit
card'.
For the transaction i fill in the full amount to be paid.

tracking i do with the report: payment summary (reports - miscelleneous),
where i can see all 'credit sales'.

On the other hand this really is not a good solution. becaus i need to
verify the payment whenever the customer comes back to pay the bill.

Maybe i should try RMS 2.0 but it'll take 4 weeks :(

thanx all...

"Jeff Blucher [MSFT]" wrote:

> Dennis,
>
> Brent's work around my work for RMS, but POS doesn't have Work Orders.
>
> One thing you could try is to create a non-taxable, non-inventory item
> called "Store Credit".
>
> When a store credit is issued, add this to the transactions (along with the
> returned merchandise) and set the Price to the amount of the credit.  When
> it is redeemed, set the quantity to -1, and the price to the amount of the
> credit.
>
> This work around will by no means track outstanding store credits, but it
> will at least account for the "money" going in and out.
>
> Jeff
>
> "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message
> > Dennis- I use a Work Around- I create a work order and then give the
> > customer a credit on the work order-  Then when the customer comes in, I
> > bring up their work order with the credit etc.
> >
> > It is cludgy i know, but...
> > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi all, seems there is no way for applying store credit in MS POS. Is
> >> there
> >> an addon or some other way to get a function for store credit?
> >>
> >> thnx in advance..

0
Dennis (299)
4/16/2007 4:22:03 PM
Dennis,

I guess there was a bit of a misunderstanding. :)  I was thinking store
credit as a merchandise credit, rather than an "in-house" charge account.

I agree, that if you workaround doesn't suit your needs, you should try RMS.

Jeff

> By all means: store credit = to give credit to a customer and he/she pays
> the bill at a later moment. (forgive me if store credit means something
> else.
> Dutch is my native language :) )
>
> Sorry Jeff,
> mentioned workaround lacks the payment tracking :(.
> -----------
> this is what i had in mind, though it also lacks required functionality:
>
> I made a new payment method called 'credit sales' with the format 'credit
> card'.
> For the transaction i fill in the full amount to be paid.
>
> tracking i do with the report: payment summary (reports - miscelleneous),
> where i can see all 'credit sales'.
>
> On the other hand this really is not a good solution. becaus i need to
> verify the payment whenever the customer comes back to pay the bill.
>
> Maybe i should try RMS 2.0 but it'll take 4 weeks :(
>
> thanx all...
>

> "Jeff Blucher [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Dennis,
>>
>> Brent's work around my work for RMS, but POS doesn't have Work Orders.
>>
>> One thing you could try is to create a non-taxable, non-inventory item
>> called "Store Credit".
>>
>> When a store credit is issued, add this to the transactions (along with
>> the
>> returned merchandise) and set the Price to the amount of the credit.
>> When
>> it is redeemed, set the quantity to -1, and the price to the amount of
>> the
>> credit.
>>
>> This work around will by no means track outstanding store credits, but it
>> will at least account for the "money" going in and out.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message
>> > Dennis- I use a Work Around- I create a work order and then give the
>> > customer a credit on the work order-  Then when the customer comes in,
>> > bring up their work order with the credit etc.
>> >
>> > It is cludgy i know, but...
>> > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jeffbl (43)

------=_NextPart_000_0417_01C78350.91EA6B30

Dennis,

FWIW, the MSPOS program is currently a U.S. product only.  You may run =
into tax and currency issues running it anywhere else.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =

  By all means: store credit =3D to give credit to a customer and he/she =
pays=20
  the bill at a later moment. (forgive me if store credit means =
something else.=20
  Dutch is my native language :) )

  Sorry Jeff,
  mentioned workaround lacks the payment tracking :(.=20
  -----------
  this is what i had in mind, though it also lacks required =
functionality:

  I made a new payment method called 'credit sales' with the format =
'credit=20
  card'.=20
  For the transaction i fill in the full amount to be paid.=20

  tracking i do with the report: payment summary (reports - =
miscelleneous),=20
  where i can see all 'credit sales'.

  On the other hand this really is not a good solution. becaus i need to =

  verify the payment whenever the customer comes back to pay the bill.=20

  Maybe i should try RMS 2.0 but it'll take 4 weeks :(

  thanx all...

  =20

  "Jeff Blucher [MSFT]" wrote:

  > Dennis,
  >=20
  > Brent's work around my work for RMS, but POS doesn't have Work =
Orders.
  >=20
  > One thing you could try is to create a non-taxable, non-inventory =
item=20
  > called "Store Credit".
  >=20
  > When a store credit is issued, add this to the transactions (along =
with the=20
  > returned merchandise) and set the Price to the amount of the credit. =
 When=20
  > it is redeemed, set the quantity to -1, and the price to the amount =
of the=20
  > credit.
  >=20
  > This work around will by no means track outstanding store credits, =
but it=20
  > will at least account for the "money" going in and out.
  >=20
  > Jeff
  >=20
  > "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message=20
  > > Dennis- I use a Work Around- I create a work order and then give =
the=20
  > > customer a credit on the work order-  Then when the customer comes =
in, I=20
  > > bring up their work order with the credit etc.
  > >
  > > It is cludgy i know, but...
  > > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
  > >> Hi all, seems there is no way for applying store credit in MS =
POS. Is=20
  > >> there
  > >> an addon or some other way to get a function for store credit?
  > >>
  > >> thnx in advance..

------=_NextPart_000_0417_01C78350.91EA6B30

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Dennis,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>FWIW, the MSPOS program is currently a U.S. =
product=20
only.&nbsp; You may run into tax and currency issues running it anywhere =

else.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Dennis" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com">Dennis@discussions.micro=
soft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:E08111FE-4C05-4EBC-9DE2-49B0A0D05C6A@microsoft.com">news:E08=
111FE-4C05-4EBC-9DE2-49B0A0D05C6A@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV><BR>By=20
  all means: store credit =3D to give credit to a customer and he/she =
pays <BR>the=20
  bill at a later moment. (forgive me if store credit means something =
else.=20
  <BR>Dutch is my native language :) )<BR><BR>Sorry Jeff,<BR>mentioned=20
  workaround lacks the payment tracking :(. <BR>-----------<BR>this is =
what i=20
  had in mind, though it also lacks required functionality:<BR><BR>I =
made a new=20
  payment method called 'credit sales' with the format 'credit =
<BR>card'.=20
  <BR>For the transaction i fill in the full amount to be paid. =
<BR><BR>tracking=20
  i do with the report: payment summary (reports - miscelleneous), =
<BR>where i=20
  can see all 'credit sales'.<BR><BR>On the other hand this really is =
not a good=20
  solution. becaus i need to <BR>verify the payment whenever the =
customer comes=20
  back to pay the bill. <BR><BR>Maybe i should try RMS 2.0 but it'll =
take 4=20
  weeks :(<BR><BR>thanx all...<BR><BR><BR><BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR>"Jeff =
Blucher=20
  [MSFT]" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Dennis,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Brent's work =
around my=20
  work for RMS, but POS doesn't have Work Orders.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; One =
thing you=20
  could try is to create a non-taxable, non-inventory item <BR>&gt; =
called=20
  "Store Credit".<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; When a store credit is issued, add =
this to=20
  the transactions (along with the <BR>&gt; returned merchandise) and =
set the=20
  Price to the amount of the credit.&nbsp; When <BR>&gt; it is redeemed, =
set the=20
  quantity to -1, and the price to the amount of the <BR>&gt; =
credit.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; This work around will by no means track outstanding store =
credits,=20
  but it <BR>&gt; will at least account for the "money" going in and=20
  out.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Jeff<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "Brent" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:sagemaster@mvdsl.com">sagemaster@mvdsl.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:eB9T#7ffHHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl">news:eB9T#7ffHHA.1312=
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; Dennis- I use a Work Around- I create a work order and then give =
the=20
  <BR>&gt; &gt; customer a credit on the work order-&nbsp; Then when the =

  customer comes in, I <BR>&gt; &gt; bring up their work order with the =
credit=20
  etc.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; It is cludgy i know, but...<BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
  "Dennis" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com">Dennis@discussions.micro=
soft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt; &gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:22878618-94BB-43F9-B92B-1ED37E49B7A6@microsoft.com">news:228=
78618-94BB-43F9-B92B-1ED37E49B7A6@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt;&gt; Hi all, seems there is no way for applying store credit in MS =
POS. Is=20
  <BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; there<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; an addon or some other way to =
get a=20
  function for store credit?<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;&gt; thnx in=20
  advance..<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0417_01C78350.91EA6B30--

0
cptsoft (1248)

CRM 3.0 on Outlook 2007
Hello, I installed the spanish version of CRM Client on my Outlook 2007. I noticed the user interface has changed. With this version any time I click on a CRM entity it pops up an Internet Explorer window. Is this normal or should I still be seing the data On oultook application (that was the case of CRM for Outlook 2003)? Regards, Irene Nothing changed (assuming you are reffering to the v3c update) in this regard. The CRM for Outlook client has typically opened browser pages. The only exception was if you double clicked on the core Outlook items. Basically, if you click from an O...

No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.
I can receive emails but not send them. When I try, I receive the following message : No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks, Abe H. ...

What is Piggy Bank in MS 2007 Outlook?
Our company just got Microsoft 2007 Office and one of my team members has a button in his Outlook entitled "Piggy Bank", however we're unable to find any information about what it is. Can anyone help explain this? No one else has this on their computers and we can't find out how to add it or remove it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! He has some addin installed that added it. Look in Tools, trust center, addins. I assume its this thing: http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/Piggy_Bank -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

Why Can't MS Simply Drop Activation?
I have been reading through this newsgroup trying to decide what to do. I know this subject has come up but it bears repeating. The Quicken alternative seems to be a way off if you have a large amount of data (as I do). A lot of people may simply want to keep Money forever - even if services are lost in 2011. However, activation is the major problem. Most users change PC's every few years - or change OS's. This currently requires a new activation. Of course, I can buy a new copy of Money before June 30 - but this begs the question: What do I do in 2011 when activation is gone...

How do I Restore old save dbx files back into OE store folder
I have some old dbx files that I saved into a folder in 'My documents' some time ago during earlier OE back ups. I now wish to re-import some of these saved dbx folders back into OE in order to assess some of these emails again. I've been looking at the wed sites 'Inside OE' and 'OE help'. But can't seem find or see the part that will give me directions on how to do this. Some of these saved dbx folders have the same names of existing folders that I'm currently using in OE. So presumably, I'm going to have to do some folder renaming or s...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2004 #2
How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home Edition. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home >Edition. Early in the install process, Money has a place to click to change where the installation is to take place. If you install in a drive other than the system drive, there could be an issue. I was thinking there might be, but I don't find a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/79917/en-us implies that should work. There is no problem. I have always installed Money (from M...

Outlook startup #2
All of a sudden all our outlook client (Outlook2002/Exchange 2000) are getting the following message: "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" with the retry and cancel options. We hit the retry option it connects to the exchange. Any ideas???? Sounds like name resolution problems. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstations? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup....

User status in Sharepoint 3.0
I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is there away to do this with out office Communicator or free software to do this? We are a small company with about 10 users. Nothing I'm aware of. This is built in integration with the OCS platform. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089333D7-F0D4-4994-87E3-74A387AE33D0@microsoft.com... > I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is > there > away to...

NO #2
Seriously Microsoft, what the fuck? I'm not saying this as some sort of mac fan or money zealot or whatever. Hell, I even worked for you once... but.. YOU ARE DEAD TO ME! Fine, stop selling Money, I don't care. BUT LEAVE YOUR GOD DAMNED SERVERS UP SO WE CAN GET ONLINE UPDATES INDEFINITELY. How much could that cost you a month? A couple thou? You throw more than that away every second repairing peoples broken Xbox 360s. This is a new freakin low. Seriously. ...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both
Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both 2 spreadsheets - Sheet 1 is bigger with extra names in column B & C Lastname Firstname Both - Column B & C Lastname Firstname - both sheets Sheet 1 has data in Col. D & E Sheet 2 has data in Col. F & G Sheet 1 has extra names not in Sheet 2 If Sheet 1 B&C = Sheet 2 B&C , then add F&G columns from sheet 2 , behind D& E columns on sheet 1 , for the match of names in Column B & C Thanks kerns.walter@epa.gov On Nov 13, 12:50 pm, wk <kerns.wal...@epa.gov> wrote: > Combine 2 rows if name...

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...

List box with available queries question
I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all the queries within the database. The following code is what I have so far but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. SELECT [Name] FROM MSysObjects WHERE [TYPE] = 5 and LEFT([Name],1) <> "-" ORDER BY [Name]; "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F47BB77B-7B66-4860-8954-F4FE32FE7C3C@microsoft.com... >I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all >the > queries within the database. The following code is what...

Compile Error in hidden module: Autoexec #2
I need help when ever I opepen or close any office product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown above.... How do I fix it please help ag Take a look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 HTH Anders Silven "Ash" <ashrafg@sympatico.ca> skrev i meddelandet news:1574f01c446a0$4b5db2c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need help when ever I opepen or close any office > product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown > above.... How do I fix it please help > > ag ...

Custom invoice templates... where are they stored?
I want to be able to use them on my laptop when I'm travelling, but I can't find them on my desktop. And the help is useless here. Also, is there a way to tell Money to NOT use double spacing (vertical) in invoices? It is a huge waste of space. Thanks, Rich -- *************************************************************** Regards, Richard M. Coda PC Type Graphic Design Hi Richard, Advice for moving the custom invoice data from one machine to another was recently posted on the Yahoo!Groups email group dedicated to MS Money Small Biz. You can view the group here: http://fina...

Won't Remember Password #2
My email account calls for the password everytime I use it. Even when I check the box to remember my password, it won't retain it. I run XP. Anyone else having problems with this? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 = patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a = POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;290684 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

inverting data #2
Please help, I'm stuck! I conducted a survey where respondants each gave answers to 30 questions using a Likert scale i.e. they answered either 1,2,3,4 or 5 to each question. The data is in the following form: Question # q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 1 2 4 2 1 2 2 4 1 2 1 4 3 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 3 2 2 5 5 2 3 4 5 3 My problem is that half of the questions were asked in a negative direction to avoid possible response bias. For the answers to these questions, I need to reverse the answers. If the repondant answered 1, I want to record 5, if 2 then 4, if 3 then 3, if 4 then 2, if 5 then 1. Is there an...

How to find addresses stored in Favorites folder
My toobar shows a button for adding to favorites but I can not find my favorites list anywhere after I add them? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041116.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ "Zuli" <Zuli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1B7543A-7BE9-40C6-A4BA-5770FD90AB79@microsoft.com... > My toobar shows a button...

High utiliztation CPU in STORE.EXE
hi to all. I have Exchange5.5 on Win2000 server. the file "edb.log" deleted by the norton, and I run the dsutil to restore all the mailboxes after this utiles I get a lot of mails that can't delete " corrupted email" and the cpu utilization in 100% with the STORE.EXE what Can I do?! This is what I have been experiencing before. After you run omer instruction, Do not forget to exclude the exchange db and log folder on you norton real time scan. "omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uN4I2IlbEHA.2840@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... ...

Import Customer Records
I am trying to import customer records and I am running into the following error: DOC 1 ERROR: Are you sure you want to delete this customer record? Ln 810 Col 2, Update module, Last CBOM field read was root.'Customer ID', Last window field visited was 'Clear Button' of window 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' of form 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' Any ideas? Thanks! Are you on the latest integration manager service pack? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at h...

Don't know where else to put q's. 2 questions. 11g Dongle and wire
What is and Acer WLAN 11g USB Dongle? It is some program that is on my computer and pops-up at start-up. I'v double clicked it, and nothing happens. I went on Acers site, and I can find nothing. Even some freeware mentions it, but they only talked about the freeware, not this WLAN 11g itself. And how can I tell if I have wireless or not. This seems like a nobrainer, you have it or not. But some documents on my computer mention wireless internet surfing in programs that are there. I use a high speed connection through an external modem that connects to my comuter and the w...