MS Dynamics POS vs RMS POS

Hi,
    There is a product called MS Dynamics POS, which is used for independent
stores, whereas there is RMS where POS is already integrated.

My question is, Is it fine to go with only RMS for multi-stored, or it's
more useful to integrate MS Dynamics POS with the RMS? Please clear my doubt.
Thanks.
0
Amit1 (33)
4/6/2009 6:31:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you have more than one store RMS is the only option. POS is for a single
store. POS also has some limitations in it as well, here are some examples

To intergrate credit card processing you have to either use FDS or a service
that either emulate or runs on the Tsys platform.

There is no Matrix availability

Gift cards are handled through a 3rd party processor not integrated as they
are in RMS

Custom Reports are very limited.

--
Maurice Gordon
Maurice@americanretailsupply.com

"Amit" <Amit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>    There is a product called MS Dynamics POS, which is used for
> independent
> stores, whereas there is RMS where POS is already integrated.
>
> My question is, Is it fine to go with only RMS for multi-stored, or it's
> more useful to integrate MS Dynamics POS with the RMS? Please clear my
> doubt.
> Thanks.

0
maurice1766 (189)
4/6/2009 4:29:09 PM
Thank you Maurice, for the valuable information.

"Maurice @ ARS" wrote:

> If you have more than one store RMS is the only option. POS is for a single
> store. POS also has some limitations in it as well, here are some examples
>
> To intergrate credit card processing you have to either use FDS or a service
> that either emulate or runs on the Tsys platform.
>
> There is no Matrix availability
>
> Gift cards are handled through a 3rd party processor not integrated as they
> are in RMS
>
> Custom Reports are very limited.
>

> --
> Maurice Gordon
> Maurice@americanretailsupply.com
> Sales/Support
> 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307
>

> "Amit" <Amit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >    There is a product called MS Dynamics POS, which is used for
> > independent
> > stores, whereas there is RMS where POS is already integrated.
> >
> > My question is, Is it fine to go with only RMS for multi-stored, or it's
> > more useful to integrate MS Dynamics POS with the RMS? Please clear my
> > doubt.
> > Thanks.

0
Amit1 (33)
4/7/2009 5:08:01 AM
If you can wait few more months wait for MS POS2009, if not get rms 2.0

Even if you are running a single store RMS has lots more usefull options
than POS and its not that much more .

Robert

"Amit" wrote:

> Thank you Maurice, for the valuable information.
>
> "Maurice @ ARS" wrote:
>
> > If you have more than one store RMS is the only option. POS is for a single
> > store. POS also has some limitations in it as well, here are some examples
> >
> > To intergrate credit card processing you have to either use FDS or a service
> > that either emulate or runs on the Tsys platform.
> >
> > There is no Matrix availability
> >
> > Gift cards are handled through a 3rd party processor not integrated as they
> > are in RMS
> >
> > Custom Reports are very limited.
> >

> > --
> > Maurice Gordon
> > Maurice@americanretailsupply.com
> > Sales/Support
> > 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307
> >

> > "Amit" <Amit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >    There is a product called MS Dynamics POS, which is used for
> > > independent
> > > stores, whereas there is RMS where POS is already integrated.
> > >
> > > My question is, Is it fine to go with only RMS for multi-stored, or it's
> > > more useful to integrate MS Dynamics POS with the RMS? Please clear my
> > > doubt.
> > > Thanks.

0
Robert4087 (350)
4/17/2009 5:57:04 AM
Be aware when POS2009 releases it is NOT releasing for multistore
capability.

--

"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you can wait few more months wait for MS POS2009, if not get rms 2.0
>
> Even if you are running a single store RMS has lots more usefull options
> than POS and its not that much more .
>
> Robert
>

> "Amit" wrote:
>
>> Thank you Maurice, for the valuable information.
>>
>> "Maurice @ ARS" wrote:
>>
>> > If you have more than one store RMS is the only option. POS is for a
>> > single
>> > store. POS also has some limitations in it as well, here are some
>> > examples
>> >
>> > To intergrate credit card processing you have to either use FDS or a
>> > service
>> > that either emulate or runs on the Tsys platform.
>> >
>> > There is no Matrix availability
>> >
>> > Gift cards are handled through a 3rd party processor not integrated as
>> > they
>> > are in RMS
>> >
>> > Custom Reports are very limited.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Maurice Gordon
>> > Maurice@americanretailsupply.com
>> > Sales/Support
>> > 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307
>> >

>> > "Amit" <Amit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
maurice1766 (189)

Time Clock in RMS
We use the time clock feature in RMS and are, for the most part, happy with the results. Some of the issues we have with it are: We really do not want to give all employees that "punch the clock" the ability to sign on to POS but that seems to be a neccessity to use this feature. We would like to be able to attach a message to an employee that will pop-up when that employee attempts to punch in. Messages such as "see store manager when you arrive" or "W4 is due today" would be very helpful in communicating with each employee. Does anyone make a time cloc...

Dynamics and Outlook
I just installed Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and now my Outlook can't open. Can anyone tell me how to fix? It seems your outlook is already open in background, open Task Manager and kill the "Outlook" process, then try to open outlook again. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Joann" wrote: > I just installed Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and now my Outlook can't open. > Can anyone tell me how to fix? ...

POS
Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone figured out a procedural workaround for this? -Luis TIA Hello Luis, I am in the same boat as you are. I have a brand new "unsable" POS because there is no way to have a lay away... Is there a work around or should I stay with my old POS? -- Fabien in seattle "Luis" wrote: > Hi I know POS can't accept deposits nor layaways. My question is, has anyone > figured out a procedural workaround for this? > > -Luis > > TIA Citi Provides gift cards that can be used as...

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

Adding custom fields to dynamically created controls.
I created a custom Outlook (2003) form that imports data from Access to populate user defined fields and create additional controls based on the number of records in an Access query. Everything works fine except the data the user enters for the dynamically created controls don't hold their value when the form is sent. I am quessing that is because there is no user defined fields bound to them. (how do I do this) I have been looking on the net but cannot find anything close enough. Any help (examples) would be appreciated. Look at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/formcontrols.htm, lots of inf...

merging MS Publisher files
I have a document of several chapters, each of which is a separate MS Publisher file. I'd like now to make them all into one file. Can I do this easily, or must I insert new pages and cut and paste the content of each new page? Thanks Peter You must insert new pages and copy and paste the text over. You can have as many instances of Publisher open at once up to the resources of your computer, so that does help matters. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Paxo <mrpaxo@yahoo.com>... > I have a document of several chapters, each of w...

Has anyone converted an MS Access VBA project to .Net?
I am looking for any information regarding the conversion of an MS Access VBA project with backend of Oracle to either Visual Basic or VB.Net. Has anyone done any conversion like this and if so, do they have any recommendations, issues to share? Thanks! ...

RMS 2.0 hangs when processing Payment
Hi, I have a back office 'server' and two registers. All are XP SP2. Most sales are rung up on Reg. 2 and Reg. 1 is used primarily for lookups and receiving. Reg 1 is also the PC Charge 'server'. Lately when it gets busy Reg 2 has been getting slower and slower on the Processing payment screen. Eventually it just freezes - not just the register but all of RMS. All three computers have to be rebooted for the system to work. There is no rhyme or reason that I can find. The DB is 10560KB, there is not a single item or payment type that is used when it freezes and au...

new to pub
I am just beginning to try pub. book in software box is minimal Have a ms access report of name/addr - phone book style I need to put this member phone book report into a yearbook in pub can I bring in my ms access report? how?? if not, what about as a mail merge? if not, then how - without having to retype all those names, addr, ph,etc thanks for any help ann in dallas You are better exporting the information from Access to CSV (Comma Separated Value) and use the CSV file with Publisher. That is the only reliable and functional way. I cannot understand people that use such a disgusting...

automating data copy from dynamic invoice to single spreadsheet
Hi - I am a newbie vis-a-vis VBA. I am trying to copy data off of an invoice (that keeps changing every day) to a single spreadsheet. So far, I have used the following code: Sub CopyCells() Dim rngData As Range, rngDest As Range Dim i, j As Integer Set rngData = Sheets("Invoice").Range("A16:g35") Set rngDest = Sheets("InvData").Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0) For i = 1 To rngData.Rows.Count If rngData.Cells(i, 1) <> "" Then rngDest.Offset(j, 0).Value = Sheets("Invoice")....

Dynamic Date Ranges
One one sheet I have a time series of data sorted by month. How do I go about (on a different sheet) using some sort of dropdown box (either through data validation or a combo box), so that the user can select a beginning date and end date, and the spreadsheet will display only the information in that time period. The number of columns would have to dynamically adjust I believe. Thanks! -- jc94321 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jc94321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27258 View this thread: http://ww...

Questions on ms dropTarget and vc debuger,need your help
Near days, my vc6 even can't debug CView::function(), or atoi() funcions, pls tell me why. another question, the COle if (!ms_dropTarget.Register((CWnd*)this))//meet error, for the first reason, i don't know what happened. thanks first! -------------------------------------------------------------- ide: vc6.0 with sp6 os: windows 2000 with sp4 debug symbols: windows 2000 debug symbols downloaded from ms web. ...

60 day free MS Office 2007 installation issues
until I receive my new copy of MS Office 2007 I want to use the free 60 day trial but when I try and register the trial key I get a error message that says a communication error has occured try again later??? I need this now and it has been giving me this error all day? HELP!! Was the Trial preinstalled or did you download it from MS? Did you purchase Office on line, and are using the key mailed to you? "HollyZ27" <HollyZ27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D287919-F72A-467F-8018-8C0C2063275F@microsoft.com... > until I receive my new co...

On order but not open POs
On GP version 8: I have an inventory item that lists an On Order amount but there are no open purchase orders for this item. All purchase order amounts have been received and invoiced and closed purchase orders have been moved to history. Is there a way to determine why Great Plains thinks there is an On Order amount? Is there a way to zero out the On Order amount? Thanks, M. E. Houston Hi, did you try to Reconcile the Item? Tools-Utilities-Inventory-Reconcile -- Frederik Gagnon Analyst Programmer Dexterity Engineer "M. E. Houston" wrote: > On GP version 8: > &...

direct upgrade from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009
Is there an upgrade path from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009? I've tried to restore an RMS database to POS 2009 and the import wizard bombs out with an error. What other choices are there? ...

Workflow : Can't see fields in dynamic values
Hi everybody, I have two entities , one of them is having picklist values. I want from workflow to update the another entity ( a particular field) , when i chose a certain value in the picklist . I can not see all the fields in Dynamic values. I am unable to see the fields of Owner and Account (these are lookup fields). If Account and Roles. Job function = Account Manager then update Account. Account manager= Account and Role. Owner ( i can not find Owner in dynamic fields) any suggestion ? ...

Access as frontend for Oracle vs NET as frontend for Oracle
Hi, I want to build an application with .NET Framework C#/ and Oracle as Database, or with Access as Frontend for Oracle. What are the advantages / disadvantages of these ways (security, speed, query, etc.) ? Which one would be your choice and way? Thank you very much in advance for your opinion. regards SePp hi, SePp wrote: > What are the advantages / disadvantages of these ways (security, > speed, query, etc.) ? The main difference is development speed. Access is some kind of RAD (rapid application development) tools. > Which one would be your choice and way? This really de...

Numpad Enter vs. Keyboad Enter, different virtual key codes?
I'm working with a 3rd party program that takes hotkeys for data entry into the program. I've created a little program to help with tedious inputs, however have come across a stumbling block. All data inputed into the program is culminated by hitting the Enter key on the Numpad... if you hit the Enter key on the keyboard, it doesn't operate as a hotkey. This is perplexing to me, as I've never seen a reference to a virtual key code distinguishing the two Enter keys. Using the regular VK_RETURN does not work. Does anyone have any ideas on this issue, or how I might be able to get...

ms office 2004 power point
Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an attachment to a pc? delwald <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an > attachment to a pc? Nope. Any specific problem you'd be experiencing ?? Make sure you don;t includ Mac specific media in the presentations though (eg PICT or .mov). Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP...

MS Money
I thought I had read and saved all the pertinent info on the discontinuance of MSMoney, but after re-reading what I had saved, I am still not sure that if you don't have Money Plus, there is a "Sunset" download for me. Is that right? Do only the [2] Plus version owners have the option of downloading a "Sunset" version? I have a 2006 regular or standard MSMoney version, which I never used for online activities, but would still like to use for record keeping. Will it no longer work for me locally on my pc after year's end? bj In microsoft.public.money, ch...

RMS and Mfg Returns
How does everyone in RMS Land handle Returning Defective product to MFG? What do you do in RMS? Benjamin, Use the transfer out. Daniel Nurol Point of Sale and Barcoding www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 >-----Original Message----- >How does everyone in RMS Land handle Returning Defective >product to MFG? What do you do in RMS? >. > I've tried using transfer out, which seems to work fine on the RMS side, but we transfer from there over to QuickBooks at which time it becomes a bill. We took and deleted at that time and create a QB entry for RMS returns which then balances ...

Dynamics AX data displayed in CRM iframes
Apologies if I'm not framing this question correctly (and for the pun), but I've just seen a demo of Dynamics CRM where customised forms were displaying data from a legacy system database using iframes. I'm wondering if we can show the enterprise portal forms that list (for instance) all of the sales orders for a customer in the same way, and if so how easy is it to develop and deploy those customised views in Dynamics CRM? Thanks Tim Schofield On Feb 20, 3:36=A0am, Tim Schofield <TimSchofi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Apologies if I'm not framing this ...

Dynamic creation of owner-drawn button inside a dialog
Hi some months ago I created a owner-drawn button class that works really fine when assigning this class to a resource id via a DDX member variable. But now we want to reuse this class for dynamic creation of a button control inside the OnInitDialog member funtion of a dialog. Creating the control like that MyButton.CreateNULL,NULL,WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON|BS_OWNERDRAW,CRec t(0,0,100,100),this,2); seems to be OK. But the button never appeared inside the dialog. DrawItem of the button class is never called. So what may be missing? Thanks in advance Bernd How have you declared My...

Outlook wont send to MS Exchange Distribution Groups
I have a machine that will not let the user send internal mail to any of our Distribution Groups on the Exchange Server (Exchange 2000). She can send it to an individual, or a group of individuals, but not to a specified group. I have re-installed the exchange client (Outlook 2003), and nothing still. She gets a 550 User Unknown error. I am not sure if this is a client issue (seems like it should be), or an issue with the Exchange Server itself (but it does not happen on other machines). Also, we have been experiencing alot of latency with our internal mail. Any help would be apprici...

show full account number in Dynamics GP GJ entry
show full account number in Dynamics GP GJ entry it does not make sense that you can't see the last 2 digits ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4567fd64-71...