modify description field in reports

When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen
wider  but when i print it, it defaults back to the regular size.  The
problem is it cuts off my  part numbers on some of my long numbers.  Is there
a way to overcome this?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

you must modify the po.xml file directly.

"www.choppersapparel.com"
<www.choppersapparel.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen
> wider  but when i print it, it defaults back to the regular size.  The
> problem is it cuts off my  part numbers on some of my long numbers.  Is
there
> a way to overcome this?

0
anonymous (74722)
1/3/2005 9:44:20 PM
width of the fields didn't seem too hard to edit.
worked for me at least.
peter@tmssupply.com

"root" wrote:

> you must modify the po.xml file directly.
>

> "www.choppersapparel.com"
> <www.choppersapparel.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen
> > wider  but when i print it, it defaults back to the regular size.  The
> > problem is it cuts off my  part numbers on some of my long numbers.  Is
> there
> > a way to overcome this?

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)
Hi all, I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add. Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users click and begin to type. How should I do this? exchange 2003/outlook2003 Thank you. It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a label control. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumps...

Updating Boolean Field with onChange
I am having difficulty with setting a value of a new boolean field using the OnChange scripting against a picklist. If anyone has some sample code / formatting information that I can use it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I also need to know if it is possible to stop the default value for the Revenue (isrevenuesystemcalculated) field on the opportunity form being set to "Yes" when the "Convert Lead" function is used. We can set the default value to "No" for user created Opportunities but when Convert Lead is used it seems to ignore the default value. Again, a...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Exchange Reporting #2
Hello there. We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each day by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do this. Sean MIS Systems Manager It is not possible natively. You would need to look into a 3rd party monitoring/reporting solution in order to achieve this. Something like Promodag Reports, or Quest MessageStats ought to be able to provide this information. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

Frx from Reports Menu in GP
From the Reports menu Financial > FRx. The Report Launcher opens instead of the Report Designer. How do you change this? Locate the FRXDYN.INI in the application folder you start DynamicsGP. Delete it. Next time you use the Reports--> Financial --> FRX, you should be prompted again for the location. Select the frx32.exe, rather than the frx launch32.exe ------ Robert "6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:OkyfOBGvHHA.4332@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > From the Reports menu Financial > FRx. The Report Launcher opens instead > o...

Changing Costs in Detailed Sales Report
I just opened a new location and I have specified my costs in HQ Mgr under Supplier Tab in Item properties. And I also checked the Supplier tab in Item properties in the Store Ops Mgr, my cost is there. But when I ran a Detailed Sales report for yesterday, some of my items' costs are missing and listed as $0.00. So I open HQ Mgr and issued Worksheet 302 for the new location. I did a couple of test transactions today and ran a Detailed Sales report for today, and it shows the costs of the the test trasactions. But detailed sales report for yesterday still shows $0.00 costs. How do...

Fields
I am working in an education template and want to see if there is a way to create a field that can be added to periodically to show all the courses a person takes from my instructors. I created a field named course but it is only allowing me to put one course in. How can I make the field list all the courses? Thanks, Nantika -- Enjoy every day! On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:18:01 -0700, Nantika <Nantika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working in an education template and want to see if there is a way to >create a field that can be added to periodically ...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

Reports and making it look prettier: Last Name, First Name Rank
I'm trying to pretty up my report by eliminating the forced space created by having one field of the report for 'LastName', one for 'FirstName', and one for 'Rank.' The Rank isn't too huge of an issue, and if three items in one field gets to be too much, I have no problem leaving that as a side item of sorts. But, I want my report to look a bit better by putting the names together! I want the report to go to my table, pull the LastName from that column, and pair it with the matching FirstName in the column to the right. (Since it's just...

HELP
I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated "Taxes : Federal Income Tax". Yet in the Income/Expense report, this payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month. I should note that the check was written from an Investment Account. If I write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in the Income/Expense report. Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay the tax from? In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Cat...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

Adding % of total sales to a sales report
How would I add a field that shows what percentage is the value of sales for an item compared to the report total? -- Geoff Geoff, Which report and what do you want to see? -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.micros...

modify description field in reports
When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen wider but when i print it, it defaults back to the regular size. The problem is it cuts off my part numbers on some of my long numbers. Is there a way to overcome this? you must modify the po.xml file directly. "www.choppersapparel.com" <www.choppersapparel.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B4E31D5-10A7-4A99-913D-F8F6E3BD7043@microsoft.com... > When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen > wider but when i print it, it defaults ...

How do you change a field name in 2002 Excel
I have copied and pasted a whole database from Works into the Excel program but can't seem to find a way to change the field names from A, B, C, to what I want as Last Names, First Names, etc. Aarrrrgh. It can't be THAT difficult! <G> Using the HELP did nothing for me thus I am here asking this silly Q. AnnE in MN You cannot change the Column letters from A, B, C etc. You can choose to have column and row headers not shown under Tools>Options>View Enter your titles(names) in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to lock row 1 in view. Gord Di...

Multiple indexes on same fields in different order
I sometimes need to find the largest or smallest value in a field. If I put two indexes on the same field, one in ascending order and one in descending order, is Jet smart enough to use the proper index if a give it a grouping query with the condition Max or Min, or am I just wasting resources? Pete -- This e-mail address is fake, to keep spammers and their address harvesters out of my hair. If you want to get in touch personally, I am 'pdanes' and I use yahoo mail. But please use the newsgroup when possible, so that all may benefit from the exchange of ideas. ...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

Add range options to Rec Dist report
Add additonal range options to the Receivings Distribution report - only by Audit Trail is allowed ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b0268d6b-4b6a-4805-9b52-e...

Can decimal point symbol (.) be removed on a Report?
Is there a way in Report Writer to modify a currency field so that it does not show the decimal point symbol (.) - a period, but still shows the 2 decimal places? For example, the field I am trying to modify is Check Amount. Say I have a check for $271.29, I want to format the field so that the outcome is 27129, in other words I don't want the dot/period in between the dollars and the cents. Is this possible to do? If so how can I modify field to display this way? P.S. I don't need the dollar sign either. easiest way would be to use the value in a calculated field with result ...

Limiting data in a report
I have a field in my database that contains only single letters which refer to the specific type of data contained in the other fields. ("A" refers to one specific type while "B" refers to another, etc.) I am attempting to set up an input box which will allow the user to produce a report consisting of data related to "A", "B" or whichever type is desired. Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) x = InputBox("C for Airmail, R for Revenues, O for Official Stamps. Leave blank for all") Reports![Wish List]![Prefix]![Criteria] = ...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

Sub Reports in Crystal
Hi All, I have made a report with a sub report in it. The main report is using quote from the schema and the sub report is using quotedetail. When I try to add quotedetail to the main report it makes the report fail whenever it's run in CRM. What am I doing wrong or do reports only allow one part of the schema per report & sub report? Thanks All Tom ...

Cash flow and incme reports
The cash flow report shows capital gains from share sales and dividends as income but also includes these values in transfers. The income report only showscapital gain, not the capital return. Is there a way to have total cash flowreported truly? I'm using M2001 - do later versions help in this area? ...

Sorting records in the Report Design View
Currently, I use "Sorting and Grouping" tool in the Report Design View to create group headers so that I can group my data accordingly. However, I would like to know if I can apply a custom sort order. For example, the field name that I want to group is "Region". I have records of "East", "North", "South", and "West". Is there a way that I can order by "North", "South", "East", and "West" instead? If I use the "Sorting and Grouping" tool, it won't work because it only accepts a...

Pivot table field dropdown list reset #2
I would like to know if there is a way to reset a field dropdown list in a pivot table. In some field sometimes I delete data from the source and some items of the field will no longer be there. However, when I refresh the pivot table the dropdown list will still show the old items even if they're not in the source data anymore. I really need your help with this. Thanks a lot in advance for your help, Francisco Molina ...