Modify Default Forms

How to I add my customer's email address to thier Statement.
How to add Company Name to Charges and payments printed on the 40 Column
Recipt
How to Set the 40 Column Recipt to print to one page with the signature
space on the bottom.

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Merging List w/ a Form
Can anyone assist me with merging a form created in Excel with a database (or list) also created in Excel? I know how to merge an Excel worksheet to be used as a database for Word in the Mail Merge command, but my FORM, with which I am trying to merge my database, was created in Excel and needs to remain under its format (not be converted to Word). I am filtering the information I need from the database to be imported to the Excel Form. Any help would be appreciated. Thank-you. If you're trying to display information from one record in the database, there are sample files here...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

Filter Report by Form
I'm using the following code from the wonderful Allen Browne which works perfectly in an either or scenario (either by Start/End Date(s) OR filtering by client name; but I don't know what syntax to use to filter by Start/End date(s) AND anything typed in the client name field. I'm sure it's easy but I can't get my head around it. I appreciate any and all assistance!! Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Remove the single quote from start of this line once you have it working. 'Purpose: Filter a report to a date r...

Button on Form to Run Report based on Query with Parameters
Hi Guys. I am busy working on a stock control database (and job control). When I have a Form Open, it shows several fields, including JobID (Which is the PK for that job) (frm_Invoicing) I also have a Query that when Run, it prompts for the JobIDNo. (qry_CustJobsInvStock) I have a report based on that query. (rpt_CustJobsInvStock) I have added a button onto the form (onclick -> DoCmd.OpenReport) to open and automatically print the report, But I just cannot figure out how to get it to get my JobID from the form, and to Automatically add it as a Parameter for the que...

Center Access2007 Form in the middle of access Main Window
Thank You Is there any easy way to center access 2007 forms in the middle of the screen (Monitor) or access main window. and give me good result Hello, I think there is no built in feature to achieve this goal. You may need to create a new form and configure it as the main window. You could enumerate forms and create buttons etc to open forms from this main form. For example, you could use hte following code enumerate forms in your database: Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb Set cntContainer = db.Containers("Forms") For Each doc In cntContainer.Documents Str...

Modify Calculation
When a user enters data into a cell, he has to tab out of it before he can push the "calculate" button. Is there any way to change this so that the calculation can be performed while the cell is still selected? I appreciate any help. Change Tools>Options>Edit>Move selection after enter, and use Enter to complete entry rather than Tab. This prevents the selection from moving to another cell. Note that calculation can never be done while the cell is being edited. "Sisilla" <sookdeoss@bowater.com> wrote in message news:0b4e01c34b9b$d59ebcf0$a301280a@p...

Printout Method
In building a form to allow users to print a "blank form" I've constructed as an Access Report, I'd like the user to be able to select the number of copies to print. It looks like the PrintOut Method would be a good choice for this, but I'm not smart enough to know quite how to get the "Copies" argument to get its input from the textbox on my form, where the user will enter the number of copies they'd like to print. Suggestions? -- Thanks, Croy Does the report have a record source? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help...

email form script to show email adresses of all recipients
I see there is a field in the attributes called torecipients but I cannot add it to the email form. Is there a way I can script this into the email form to show the email addresses of all of the recipients. My idea involved creting a new attribute called all_recipients and adding it to the form then doing a onchange for each of the to, cc, and bcc fields to update all_recipients. SO far it doesnt work. All the field returns is "undefined". Any help is greatly appreciated!!! ...

CSV, Milliseconds default formatting of mm:ss.0
When I generate some CSV files I need to include milliseconds. When anyone opens the file in Excel (in my case part of Office 2003, SP2) the datetimes appear with a default formatting of mm:ss.0. This is frustrating and appears unprofessional on my part when clients open the file. They assume I have made some sort of mistake. I have already thought of generating using =DATE(blah)+TIME(blah)+millis/(24*60*60*1000) but I don't like the idea. How can I change the default format so that it would be something more sensible and my clients and I could avoid the drudgery of clicking on the...

Changing Default Contacts List for E-mail
I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually select the other one. How can I change the default list that shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e- mail? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Michael Leu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:056501...

Fill Form And Get $5000 To Your Home.
Fill Form And Get $5000 To Your Home At http://ukcitygirls.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque. please don't tell to anyone. ...

Updated records in forms
Each record in a form is a work order. School, contractor, days of work, etc. I have a pop up calendar to select a week ending date for each record. Record 1's week ending date is Nov 13, 2009. Record 2's week ending date is Nov 20, 2009. When I change the date in record 2, it's changing the date in record 1. Each record's week ending date become all records' week ending date? Can I use a pop up calendar in a record and be able to retain the correct week ending date for each record. If so, how would I be able to accomplish this? Thanks for your inp...

requery subform from sub form
Thank you how can i requery subform from subform ? "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23R9c$8tSIHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Thank you > how can i requery subform from subform ? Me.Parent!Subform2ControlName.Form.ReQuery thank you the work correctly "Stuart McCall" <smccall@myunrealbox.com> wrote in message news:fl83eg$3o6$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:%23R9c$8tSIHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >> Thank you >> how can i requery subform from subfo...

Change default for opening Outlook 2007
I don't want to go into the inbox when opening Outlook. I want to go into the calendar. I searched and found Microsoft's suggestion at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010347711033.aspx but I kept getting an error that the target I had typed was not valid. How can I go directly into the Calendar portion of Outlook without going into the inbox? Start Outlook and then select Tools | Options | Other tab | Advanced Options button | Browse button to set what folder you want Outlook to show first when starting. "marriedhsdad" <marriedhsdad@discussion...

Make current option group choice default
I have been wanting to make the current option group choice the default the next time a user opens a form. I don't want them to choose all the options every time they print a report (option groups on form that loads at report open determines layout, font type, size). I getting myself confused in the effort to get this accomplished, so any pointers, ideas, suggestions, commandments, etc. would be appreciated. Jeff -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 To do this, you need to save the users choices for ...

Conditional Formatting In a Datasheet Form
Hi All, I am trying to “Condition Format” a column on my form so it will highlight the individual cell if another cell in the same column has the same value. The form is in Datasheet view and it can not be changed from that due to the way I built the database. I have tried to build the condition format like so, Condition1 “Field Value Is” “equal to” [Column Name] and all it dose is it highlight the cell in the column when I input a record into it, regardless if it is a duplicate or not. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thank you for your time, Cage On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:34:06 -...

Date field behavior differs between forms
I have two forms with seemingly identical date fields. In one, if I place my cursor in the middle of it, the first number I type gets put in the far left of the field. In the field on the other form, if I place the cursor in the middle, it starts typing right where I am. Any ideas? I have thoroughly looked through the properties of each field and each form and I cannot find what is causing this behavior. I would love to get both of them to start placing typed characters at the far left instead of where the cursor is. Thanks! Check the Text Alignment property of both controls (not ...

relative references when copying Sheets containing form controls
I've been given a spreadsheet that I need to take copy various sheets from, the sheets contain form controls, when I copy the sheet to a new workbook, named ranges and so on come across fine, but the references to the input ranges of for example the drop down box controls become hard coded to the original sheet, I don't want this.. Is there anyway to alter the way excel copies so that the references remain relative rather than absoloute???? What did you include in the addresses for those references? I put a listbox from the forms toolbar on a worksheet. If I used a range like: $b$...

Set default FAX number
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to add a default FAX number in the Preferences -> User Information section, but the telephone entry for FAX number is grayed out. I have no idea how to set this -- without it, all templates that use this field are not filled in appropriately. As far as I can tell, you can't set this value in Word. I can do it here in Entourage. If I go into the Mac file system and open the Entourage entry that has changed, the Mac Address Book program starts and I can edit the value there, but I have...

how to build a dynamic form designer
hi, I'm looking for a runtime form designer. Where user can create some forms under some predefined business rules. once the user is done with the designs then all the information should be saved in XML or any such sink but not on client at all , you may say it thin client sort of thing. Once this functionality is achieved then I would need some mechanism to have that saved info in XML or DB to display the very forms in another app. So please if anyone had worked on such thing before or can atleast give some pointers that'll be much appreciated. thanks for your time. On...

Required Field Pop Up in Front Page Form when no data entered?
I'm using Field Validation for required field entry. I would like to have a small popup requesting specific field entry, I'm using Frontpage....any suggestions? You can't customize the prompts FP form validation generates without replacing it with custom JavaScript - the FP form validation is already a popup, on form submit, telling you what is "missing" -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; ___________________________...

The modified permissions could not be saved
I am trying to grant permissions on a public folder. When I try to add a group as reviewer of the folder I get the message, "The modified permissions could not be saved." I am in a mixed mode environment, 5.5 and 2003. Any ideas? Thanks -- James On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:01:02 -0700, James <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to grant permissions on a public folder. When I try to add a >group as reviewer of the folder I get the message, "The modified permissions >could not be saved." I am in a mixed mode environment, 5.5 and 2003. A...

I need to modify my macro ...
I have a macrco which fills in a table which will be used to create a Run-Chart. When I have filled values into a worksheet, I click a Forms Button and the data is recorded in several cells, (L3:R3). When I enter new values into the worksheet and hit the button again I would like the data to be filled into the next row of cells, (L4:R4), and subsequently (L5:R5), (L6:r6) etc. How do I change the address to enter the data each time the form button is clicked. My code is as follows: Sub SaveRunChartData_101_4900_30Deg() ' ' SaveRunChartData_101_4900_30Deg Macro &...

Serial Number Modifier/Changer Tool
Does anyone know of the name of the company that offers a tool to change serial numbers that have already been entered into Great Plains? thanks If you're interested we can work with you to develop a custom app to do what you need. You can get in touch with me at elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com "wisk" <wisk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2E694B7-318D-4047-A69C-D1FA27F3012F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of the name of the company that offers a tool to change > serial numbers that have already been entered into Great Plains? > > tha...

Sales Document SmartList Default Sort
The default SOP Transaction Entry lookup for Sales Documents was changed in version 8.0 to default to 'All Unposted Sales Transactions in Batch XX' and 'Document type - current'. lookup should be a user defined option. We would like a setup option to change this default to Document Type - All and a seperate option to lookup documents in All Batches. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not se...