Minimizing Windows Locks Manager

I have a weird problem that occurs on all computers and I can't seem to find
any information on it.  Can someone please confirm it is an issue?  V1.3.0206
running on XP fully patched.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Open Manager
2. Open Suppliers Window
3. Open Customers Window
4. Minimize Suppliers from behind Customers

This causes the entire Manager program to lock up with focus flicking back
and forth between the two windows.  This happens for any Windows within
Manager.

Have I got some weird setting configured or does this happen for everyone?
0
MickHardy (8)
9/15/2006 1:56:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00CD_01C6D8BD.1E573C90

Mick,

I can duplicate it here on 1.3.1005. Looks like the window handler isn't =
working too good. ;-(

Have you reported it as a bug yet?

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "Mick Hardy" <MickHardy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I have a weird problem that occurs on all computers and I can't seem =
to find=20
  any information on it.  Can someone please confirm it is an issue?  =
V1.3.0206=20
  running on XP fully patched.

  Steps to Reproduce
  1. Open Manager
  2. Open Suppliers Window
  3. Open Customers Window
  4. Minimize Suppliers from behind Customers

  This causes the entire Manager program to lock up with focus flicking =
back=20
  and forth between the two windows.  This happens for any Windows =
within=20
  Manager.

  Have I got some weird setting configured or does this happen for =
everyone?
------=_NextPart_000_00CD_01C6D8BD.1E573C90

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Mick,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>I can duplicate it here on 1.3.1005. Looks =
like the=20
window handler isn't working too good. ;-(</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Have you reported it as a bug =
yet?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Mick Hardy" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:MickHardy@discussions.microsoft.com">MickHardy@discussions=
..microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:B759863B-33A8-486D-B286-3F58DDE39E3D@microsoft.com">news:B75=
9863B-33A8-486D-B286-3F58DDE39E3D@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have a weird problem that occurs on all computers and I can't seem to =
find=20
  <BR>any information on it.&nbsp; Can someone please confirm it is an=20
  issue?&nbsp; V1.3.0206 <BR>running on XP fully patched.<BR><BR>Steps =
to=20
  Reproduce<BR>1. Open Manager<BR>2. Open Suppliers Window<BR>3. Open =
Customers=20
  Window<BR>4. Minimize Suppliers from behind Customers<BR><BR>This =
causes the=20
  entire Manager program to lock up with focus flicking back <BR>and =
forth=20
  between the two windows.&nbsp; This happens for any Windows within=20
  <BR>Manager.<BR><BR>Have I got some weird setting configured or does =
this=20
  happen for everyone?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00CD_01C6D8BD.1E573C90--

0
spam3944 (2163)
9/15/2006 6:50:19 PM
Yeah, it happened on my machine too.
Thanks for that,BTW.
Craig
"Mick Hardy" <MickHardy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a weird problem that occurs on all computers and I can't seem to
>find
> any information on it.  Can someone please confirm it is an issue?
> V1.3.0206
> running on XP fully patched.
>
> Steps to Reproduce
> 1. Open Manager
> 2. Open Suppliers Window
> 3. Open Customers Window
> 4. Minimize Suppliers from behind Customers
>
> This causes the entire Manager program to lock up with focus flicking back
> and forth between the two windows.  This happens for any Windows within
> Manager.
>
> Have I got some weird setting configured or does this happen for everyone?

0
craig6967 (916)
9/16/2006 3:33:54 AM
an olide but goodie. happens here too.

"Mick Hardy" <MickHardy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a weird problem that occurs on all computers and I can't seem to
>find
> any information on it.  Can someone please confirm it is an issue?
> V1.3.0206
> running on XP fully patched.
>
> Steps to Reproduce
> 1. Open Manager
> 2. Open Suppliers Window
> 3. Open Customers Window
> 4. Minimize Suppliers from behind Customers
>
> This causes the entire Manager program to lock up with focus flicking back
> and forth between the two windows.  This happens for any Windows within
> Manager.
>
> Have I got some weird setting configured or does this happen for everyone?

0
anonymous (74722)
9/16/2006 3:02:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback.  I wasn't watching this thread and thought no-one
had posted.  I haven't reported as a bug but will do when I get a chance.

Windows Mail PoP3 with Yahoo Mail Plus account
I have tried this every way I can using the guides. I can send mail but NOT Receive my mails. Triple checked all settings. Here is the error: Account: 'Yahoo mail Plus', Server: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Tim wrote: > I have tried this every way I can using the guides. I can send mail > but NOT Receive my mails. Triple checked all settings. > > Here is the error: > > Account: 'Yahoo m...

RMS vs. Commerce Manager or other e-commerce
is anyone using rms+commerce manager? what is involved with integrating them? updating inventory db, etc. anyone exporting RMS database for use in e-comm carts like osComm or zen-com? thanks for your time, juglesh B>{)} ...

Add GL Distribution code to Check Stub in Payables Management
I have a customer that uses the Check Stub Top and Bottom for Payables Management and they would like to add the GL code for the transaction to the bottom stub only. We cannot seem to be able to link a table to the check stub top and bottom that has the GL code from the transactions. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. -- Tammy Chavez Mekorma MICR has this capability. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Tammy Chavez" wrote: > I have a customer that uses the Check Stub Top and Bottom for Payables > Management and they would like to add the GL code for the transaction to the > bo...

Bill of Materials parts not showing in Order Management
I have an inventory item also setup as a bill part in Bill of Materials. In Catalog Management, I have put the part into a department and selected it, but it doesn't show in the item listing when viewing inventory from Order Management. Will an inventory item that has a bill setup show in the item listing in Order Management? Thanks in advance for any insight. -Joe ...

Using Outlook Address Book vice Windows address book
When I right click on an item as select sent to mail receipient it uses my windows address book, vice my Outlook address book. Since I don't want to update both how do I make it default to the Outlook book and contacts? -- Jeff Mu�iz Work is victory. - Ralph Waldo Emerson Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab. Set the contact list dropdown to Microsoft Outlook. "Jeff Mu�iz" <jmuniz6@cox.net> wrote in message news:wEUId.20390$B95.3864@lakeread02... > When I right click on an item as select sent to mail receipient it uses my ...

Integration Manager Inventory Lots don't loop through lots when s.
This is the same issue as Bug 27365, which was fixed for SOP. We forgot Inventory Transactions on a decrease adjustment The quantity entered is greater than the quantity available." This issue happens when the first layer of the Lot Number doesn't have enough quantity to satisfy the quantity in the integration. The integration can't go to the next lot layer to grab the remaining lot number (the lot numbers are the same) ********************************* 1. Do a increase adjustment in the inventory module for the Qty of 1. TEST for my lot. 2. Do a second increase adju...

Test if window hanlde is valid
Is there a way, using the Framework, to determine if a given hWnd is valid. In the good ole days (or bad ole days depending on your perspective) I would have used the Win32 API 'IsWindow(hWnd)'. I know that I can still do this now with p/invoke but I am wondering if the Framework provides a similar function. Thanks, Steve Steve wrote: > Is there a way, using the Framework, to determine if a given hWnd is > valid. > > In the good ole days (or bad ole days depending on your perspective) I > would have used the Win32 API 'IsWindow(hWnd)'. I know...

Windows Explorer & Office 2007
I recently installed Office 2007 and it changed Windows Explorer / My Documents to be very simple (and frustrating!) as when I open it I have no Toolbar/Options at the top. So if I want to change what I see (thumbnails, details, etc.), search for something, etc. I have nothing. I have tried checking different ways where to turn the toolbar back on and have had no luck. Anything I need to re-install to go back to the "simple" Windows Explorer for reviewing/opening files on local drive? Or how do I change setting in current Windows Explorer to have see toolbar again? ...

FW: Check out corrective update for Microsoft Windows
--sliujiore Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zthgctxf"; type="multipart/alternative" --zthgctxf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nsjtdzuhxfdunaqs" --nsjtdzuhxfdunaqs Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping yo...

[ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default dr
Please Help… I have a button on a unbound form, that fires a macro to run the code below… however… I keep getting [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified I believe I have everything as far as Access installed correctly… Is there a problem with my code? Public Function Update_Assign() As String 'Error Handling On Error GoTo Err_Update_Assign_Click 'Establish Dim allRecords As ADODB.Recordset Dim cnCh5 As ADODB.Connection Dim strConnection As String Dim cmdCommand As ADODB.Command Set cmdCommand = New ADODB.Command Dim M...

Windows XP Pro
I have a webcam microsoft vx 1000 and a lexmark printer 3500-4500 series that wont work, although the software is loaded but wont dectect either. ...

Windows services
Can I write windows service in VC++ .NET? thanks Mysty > Can I write windows service in VC++ .NET? > Yes. Thanks......... Can you tell me which class(es) to use?? "Sims" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#nubm2j6DHA.804@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > > Can I write windows service in VC++ .NET? > > > > Yes. > > > Thanks......... Can you tell me which class(es) to use?? > It is not really classes, more API, Have a look around for things like 'OpenService(...)' and 'QueryServiceStatus(...)'. That s...

Fixed Assets import using Integration Manager
Hello, I am having an issue whemn importing Fixed Assets. I have a simple file that I was able to import in one environment, but not successful at another environment. The issue that I am running into is I receive this error when importing the asset using Integration Manager for version GP 10: Error: Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.eConnect: Number = 8692 Stored Procedure taCreateAssetID : Description = The UpdateIfExists parameter is set to 0 and you are attempting to integrate a record that already exists in the FA00100 table I tried manually creating one asset and then running the import ...

Post-Windows Update Black Screen Issue
Can you provide an update on the status of this: http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/113009-latest-microsoft-patches-cause-black.html?hpg1=bn&source=NWWNLE_nlt_security_2009-11-30 <pft> mcintoshs wrote: > Can you provide an update on the status of this: > > http://www.networkworld.com/news/2009/113009-latest-microsoft-patches-cause-black.html?hpg1=bn&source=NWWNLE_nlt_security_2009-11-30 Can who provide it ? There is no official MS presence here, only volunteers. As far as I'm concerned this "story" is an Urban Myth or this newsgroup ...

Migrating existing Outlook data to Windows 7 (from XP)
I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a backup done under XP. How do I prevent Outlook from downloading all the emails again from my ISPs? Is there a registry setting that needs to be changed? I still have the XP installation so I can find the setting there if I know what to look for. Cheers, Martin And how did you restore the pst? "Martin" <sirraheelnitram@gmail.com> wrote in message news:02dd518e-adc6-460c-9c83-712a219e3f65@a6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a &...

No minimize/maximize option in title bar?
The buttons for minimize/maximize/close are not showing up on the titl bar. Why might this be -- conks ----------------------------------------------------------------------- conksu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3187 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51600 The workbook could be protected with the Windows Structure option checked. Tools|Unprotect workbook You may need a password. conksu wrote: > > The buttons for minimize/maximize/close are not showing up on the title > bar. Why might this be? &...

Where to find Product key in Windows.old folder?
I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Pro. I did not remember to save the product key for my MS Ultimate Office 2007 I purchased from Digital River last year. I cannot get the product key from Digital River anymore. I know the key is saved somewhere in the windows.old folder, but i cannot determine where the files is located. please help. -- AZDiablo "undisclosed" wrote in message news:9792f4744e43417cc7b3bde5581351cd@nntp-gateway.com... > > I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Pro. I did not remember to save the > product key for my MS Ultimate Offi...

Open and close Dialog windows
Hello, I've got a dialog based application which performs a long lasting task for which the user has to wait. I would like to show the user a message that something is happening and I would like to close the message automatically when the task is finished. Because I've little experience with mfc I would like to ask how I can manage this and if there is an example for doing it ? Is there a faq for this group ? Thanks in advance, Ralf. "Ralf Erdmann" <ralf.erdmann@web.de> wrote in message news:403f7fa8.14652421@news.t-online.de... > Hello, > I've got a di...

outlook -how do i get it to stop loading windows messenger?
i never use windows messenger, don't want to. but it starts and takes up resources every time i start outlook or IE. how do i make it stop? thanks shauna You go to tools/option/other. Uncheck windows messenger in the bottom of the page. "shauna" <shaunav@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1b4e001c44fca$725f41d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > i never use windows messenger, don't want to. but it > starts and takes up resources every time i start outlook > or IE. how do i make it stop? > > thanks > shauna ...

exchange reports acct locked out, but it isn't???
Running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4 SP6 PDC. I can see in the application event log an event of 13003 for MSExchangePop3 Authentication: Logon attempt from xx.xx.xx.xx to UserName has failed: HrLookupCredentials() call failed with error The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to. I checked in the NT4 User Manager, and that account is NOT locked out. How can I resolve this? I'm not having this problem with other accounts. -- Thanks in advance, Les Caudle ...

Property and Project Explorer window not docking
Hey MAN!!!!!!!!! this is so irritating. I cant get my Property window and Project Explorer window to dock in with my code window. I can get the Property window and Project Explorer to dock but I cant get it to dock nice and pretty like it was with my code window. And Im sick of having to move them around to be able to work. I have been trying for 20 minutes to get these windows back like they were. Please help me fix this. This is getting me very mad. Todd Hi Todd, See answer in Programming, --- Regards Norman "Todd Huttenstine" <anonymous@discussions.microso...

Installing CRM Outlook client on Windows Server 2003 system
i am trying to install and use CRM Desktop client for outlook on a system having Windows Server 2003 which completed successfully meeting all prerequisites. but as i try to access the outlook i receive an error which says that the crm server cannot be connected. has anyone tried this installing client in this environment? is it feasible? thanks in advance. ...

Re: Highest Version of Adobe Reader for Windows 98se
Hi 98 Guy, Thanks to you and everyone. FYI: The reason I mentioned, "remove "ine"...." incase someone decides to reply by email. I didn't want his/her email to "bounce". John On Sat, 08 May 2010 12:45:14 -0400, in microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion you wrote: >jaugustine@verizon.net wrote: > >> Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I >> can use on my Windows 98se computer? > >> PS, Remove "ine" from my email address > >Are you going t...

How to make CView's client area to be equal to window rect?
Hi, Does anyone know of a way to do it? In my app CView's window rect width and height is 4 pixels bigger than its window rect. I'd like to have CView's client area be equal to CMainFrame's client area. Thanks, Bogdan I just figured it out - clearing WS_BORDER of cs.style in PreCreateWindow() of the view does the trick. I did not realize that CView had a border. "Bogdan" <bjokel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OzIqtPfnFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does anyone know of a way to do it? In my app CView's window rect width and &...

does ms retail management sysyem pos support random weight barcod.
You have 2 options: Utilize random weight EAN codes and Utilize random weight UPC codes These options are set in the Configuration --> Options Tab in Store Ops Manager Rob "cheeseplus" <cheeseplus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF751CD5-A73F-4528-808B-DF241F9919D3@microsoft.com... > ...