Microsoft RMS and Mercury and Windows 7

I've installed RMS on other Windows 7 machines before but I'm running
into some trouble with one client's machine. The machine is a Dell all-
in-one with Windows 7 64 bit (updated with all new hotfixes and
service packs). When I install RMS, I receive a lot of errors
regarding trying to register specific DLL and OCX files. The install
will finish and the program will run fine, but when I try to install
the Mercury Payment gift card addon, the installer gives me this
error:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object.
   at RMSMPSReg.frmMerchInfo.frmMerchInfo_Load(Object sender,
EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean
fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32
msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

And then it lists all the loaded assemblies. It gives the options to
quit or continue. Quitting ends the install obviously, but if you
continue, the next screen that asks for the merchant ID number will
pop up and you can enter the information, but when you click OK it
says something to the effect of "reference to an object not
initialized" or something like that, and won't let you continue.
Everything still works but the gift card module does not.

I tried uninstalling the program, and writing down all the filenames
it said it was having an issue registering and tried to manually
register them using Regsvr32 but it wouldn't let me register them
either.

I did everything under an administrator account. I called up Mercury
and they said it was beyond their knowledge and that it was a
Microsoft problem. Any ideas?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I went to uninstall the Mercury addon and it said I might have to
manually uninstall the hooks. I went into Regedit and RMS had not made
any changes to the registry when I installed it. Is there a way to fix
this?

Outlook 98
I have someone who have multiple appointments in his calendar. He wants to show 7 days in the outlook today folder but it only shows 5. There are appointments on the days that are not showing. I have set under TOOLS, OPTIONS to show all 7 days of the week but it still only shows 5 days. Is there is a limit as to how many appointments are to be displayed? ...

Windows Media Player Protection Issue ??
Hello; I'm new to this, so please bear with me. 1) Over a year ago, I copied 4 of my own CDs to my laptop as audio files *. wma 2) Everything worked fine with Windows Media Player 3) Last week I updated to Windows Media Player 11 4) Now to Play any of the audio files: ...a. internet connection is required! ...b. MS Windows Media Technologies message appears: "To play the file on this computer, you must download a license (a process known as "license migration"! ...c. click "Download License" ...d. by clicking, two messages appear: ......1st ms...

to create a T like 3 splitter window
I tried to create a T like 3 splitter window, 2 child windows on top, one at bottom, with the following codes, but got exception, what's wrong with that? m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic(this, 2, 1); //In which windows to put the view. m_wndSplitter.CreateView(1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView), CSize(100, 100), pContext); m_wndSplitterNext.CreateStatic(&m_wndSplitter, 1, 2, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER, m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(1, 0)); m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100, 100),pContext); m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLA...

DPM 2010 and Symantec Storage Foundation for Windows
Hello! Does anyone know if DPM 2010 supports hyper-v VM's which is stored (both ..vhd and machine information) on Symantec Storage Foundation for Windows (Veritas Volume Manager) ? This is not supported by DPM 2007. Hi Magnar, Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into this issue and will provide an update on whether this scenario is supported in DPM 2010. -- Gaurav Gupta | Program Manager | DPM This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "Magnar" <Magnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BF4DE87-66EB-...

Outlook Mail pre-view window bigger..Calendar disappeared..Help
I'm new to Microsoft outlook and like it very much! On my outlook mail home screen I had four columns.. column 3 had a mail preview window and column 4 had a small one-month calendar. I thought I was hitting a right arrow on the calendar to change my calendar from August to September but instead my calendar disappeared and my mail preview window got bigger to use the space vacated by my calendar. Yikes! How do I get the calendar back? Outlook 2007? The right pane is called the To-Do Bar. To make it bigger again simply press the "<<" sign at the top of it. Other wa...

Windows Update 12-07-09
FIXWindows update fails to install this is what i get-----Error Code: 0x64C Tried to FIX it myself by downloadingn the FIX tool but no avail can someone helpme -- kikocal www.futuretekonline.com It would be nice if you continued your original thread rather than start a new thread. If you are a newbee, I can understand the mistake. "kikocal" wrote: > FIXWindows update fails to install this is what i get-----Error Code: 0x64C > Tried to FIX it myself by downloadingn the FIX tool but no avail can someone > helpme > > -- > kikocal > w...

Upgrade from Windows 95
I would like to upgrade an old pc from Windows 95 so that my 80 yr old mother can play games on it. Buying games for windows 95 compatability seems difficult, so thought the best thing to do is upgrade to a later version of windows. Can you advise me how to proceed? 1. Not an Office issue. 2. If it has Windows 95 you may find that the best you can do is upgrade to Windows 98, which may prove to be as challenging to purchase. If you look at the prices of computers now, you'll find that it won't cost an arm and a leg to buy a basic new computer. Maybe less than trying t...

Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable #2
First of all, I would just like to thank everyone on this newsgroup, even if you don't offer your help to me. The problem that I am having is that whenever I open Microsoft Outlook I get the error described in the subject line "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable." I know that this sounds like a problem that has nothing to do with Outlook, but when I never get the problem other than when I open Outlook. I have Microsoft Office 2003, Windows XP Professional, and a Compaq Evo N400c. I originally tried to set up my Outlook account a whlile ago, and I think th...

Microsoft Cant Append All Records
Hi All, Is there a way to get the information in this message through VBA code? I run the query from code, but it does not throw an error, so my error trapping code will not catch it. I would like to somehow know when this happens. Thanks in advance! See: Action queries: suppressing dialogs, while knowing results at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-60.html If you are seeking to understand why the error could occur, see: Why can't I append some records? Trouble-shooting imports at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-19.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Austra...

RMS
I am trying to find a report to show daily sale where we can filter the data to show the transactions with any discount. I have also tried to create a report with reporting service but can not figure out what field and table hold discount amount. I also need help with EDC reprot to show credit card type or starting four digit of any credit card number. Help. -- Dhesi Discount information can be calculated by the difference in the transactionentry price (sold) vs. fullprice (retail). Save your version to a memorized report and then open it in notpad from the directory: C:\Program ...

"Find" window not opening in word 2007
I have an issue with the "find" window not opening. It seems to be only affecting one computer on xp. As the find function works on that document if I edit on another PC. I have already tried deleting the normal.dotm file. It worked once then back to same issue. When I select ctrl + f or actually click on the find button on the home tab, word seems to gray out as if the find window is open somewhere, but I can find it. This is completely frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you start Word in Safe mode, then does it work? To start in Safe mode, hold C...

FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File
I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the row file: 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account) If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the drop down. Ho...

Integration with RMS
Am testing the integration of RMS PO to GP v8.0 but the Import Status is showing three states: 1. Base UofM for the item is not set (QTYBSUOM) 2. Decimal Places passed in for UNITCOST does not match setup 3. Successful Can someone please explain what this means? ...

Popup menus and windows move behind app window in XP
All first-level popup windows, whether they be right-click menus, "What's this" context popups, drop-down selection boxes, are disappearing behind the application window or dialog box being displayed a second or two after being displayed. This behavior is limited to Windows XP and never happens when out product is used with Windows 2000. Sometimes the windows do not disappear. When they do, it is only the portion of the window that overlays our application window or a dialog being displaying. It is as if the application window or dialog is being redrawn and the order o...

Reinstalling Microsoft Office Suite for Mac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I unfortunately lost my hard-drive this past weekend, reinstalled a new one however I don't have my Microsoft Office Suite from a year ago. Is there any possibility of getting it back without repurchasing it? Can they look up my registration to confirm my purchase or somethign along those lines? Thank you in advance. On 3/23/09 10:20 PM, "aerodmb@officeformac.com" <aerodmb@officeformac.com> wrote: > I unfortunately lost my hard-drive this past weekend, reinstalled a new one > however ...

Microsoft CRM User
Hello everybody, I have just installed the Microsoft CRM 3.0 and when I go to create users with Deployment Manager, I am unable to find an option to create or import users from Active Directory. The only option is create new Licence. Would you please help me how I can add users in my MS CRM 3.0? Thanks. Hi Users are added via the application, not deployment manager. Log into CRM via the web browser (as an admin) then go to the settings area and choose business unit settings. There you will find an area to manage users. When you add anew user just put their AD logon name in and it ...

Windows SBS to Windows Server 2k3 Standard
Hey all, I am a n00b - and i have a couple questions: 1. Today I hit my 75 user/device limit on my SBS Server and ordered the Small Business Server transition kit, which i guess takes small business server and changes it to standard with exchange server. My question is right now i am using 2 servers - One is my Inhouse Domain Controller srvr01.company.local One is my Exchange Server that SBS 2003 is running on, srvr02.company-dmz.local I know that SBS likes to be the Primary Domain Controller, so that is why it is setup as a DMZ to only handle mail, and all of my remote employees connect ...

Text boxes #7
Is there a way to make text fill the whole text box, left to right and top to bottom? I have Publisher 2003 and Windows XP. Right-click the text box, format text box, text box tab, type zero in the margins. When you type your text use the justified option. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Art" <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC8119A-43CE-4D74-994A-CB4D08CD07AB@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make text fill...

eBay and/or ProStores integration with RMS? (Once again)
This topic was asked before by some others. Are there anyone still not find out a common needed solution for true eBay and/or ProStores integration? ...

Error re-installing Money 2007 Deluxe with Windows Vista
Since I installed Windows Vista, I have been unsuccesful in getting Money 2007 Deluxe to re-install. I keep getting the following errors: Setup cannot copy the file inv2007.ocx (I can direct it towards the source on the CD but it still gives me the error) If I continue, the same error comes up for mcmoney.dll, mscofd07.dll, myisam07.dll, msofd.dll, ocvt.dll, wlctrl10.dll, mnysetup.dll, obres.dll, mnymetal.dll, ofx.dll, rsalv.dll, rsntz.dll, surf.mar, and a host of others. Any suggestions or solutions? Which version of Vista? 32 or 64 bit. Try installing by using run as administrator...

FW: Prove that security update for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--ihlorenesszhdelch Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="glaihuebmlnxvxqc"; type="multipart/alternative" --glaihuebmlnxvxqc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jksvlyaz" --jksvlyaz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabili...

RE: Try that corrective package for Windows
--tiwbfvjwcdejlhof Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="aarazhqyfkobiof"; type="multipart/alternative" --aarazhqyfkobiof Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="plucknoeesosj" --plucknoeesosj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to prot...

Microsoft Office 2004 11.4.0 update error
I had my computer download the update for Microsoft Office 2004 (11.4.0) through my auto update. When I was done I got the message "Application Launch Failure. Application Office Setup Assistant could not be launched because of a 'shared library error'". How do I fix this. I can't open any documents now. In article <ee8de99.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, dcooley@officeformac.com wrote: > I had my computer download the update for Microsoft Office 2004 (11.4.0) > through my auto update. When I was done I got the message "Application Launch > Failure. ...

how do i get outlook to open with microsoft exchange in windows 7
i just got Windows 7 , and tried to install my microsoft office ...it works...exept for outlook if i dont put my exchange account in its ok...if i do.. the system tells me it cant open at all....anybody can help me with this??? i need my microsoft exchange account to work. What is the error message you are getting? Mobius73 wrote: >i just got Windows 7 , and tried to install my microsoft office ...it >works...exept for outlook if i dont put my exchange account in its ok...if i >do.. the system tells me it cant open at all....anybody can help me with >this??? >...

BADMAIL #7
Hi, We have Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 server. We have not been maintaining the Badmail folder and it has grown quite large (150,000 files; 600MB). I know there's a tool (BadMailAdmin.exe) that automatically deletes the items on the folder but because of the number of files and size, I want to manually delete some first. However, explorer seems to freeze after I start deleting a few files. Can anyone recommend a way for me to delete a portion of these files first before running the BadMailAdmin.exe tool? Happy 4th!! Thanks! "wli2k2" <wli2k2@discussions.micro...