Microsoft POS #2

I have a group of customers that I am working on setting up A bundled POS
system for.
I have looked at RMS and Microsoft POS. The customer's are small bulk food
stores. They package all of the bulk food in various containers and weigh it
with a Hobart scale producing a label with an system 2 price enbedded
barcode. These are UPC A formats. They are for the most part simple single
store installs and donot require  the complex RMS system.
I have setup the Microsoft POS version 2.0 and found it will work perfect
for these customers. The only problem when you programed the system you
leftout the Random Weight system 2 barcode capabilities. How hard could it be
to make that a choice in the item setup with  all the other Barcodes.

My question is will you be adding it to the Microsoft POS system? if so when?
I have 500 to 750 lanes of software waititng on the update.
--
Thank you
Terry

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c24d0d51-6ece-4937-bfe9-ba1dc89a4fd1&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
Terry (158)
7/2/2007 1:38:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How do you switch e-mail identities in microsoft outlook?
I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP helped me set up an e-mail account for myself and one for my wife, but they were unable to tell me how to switch from one identity to another. They knew how to do it on outlook express, but not microsoft outlook. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance! Care to provide your version so we can provide an answer? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gary & Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13caf01c4443a$d03913d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have microsoft outlook, not outlook express. My ISP...

Upgrading from Money 2002 #2
I have the original money 2002 that came with the computer and have never upgraded. Which is the best version to go to? More importantly, when I purchase and download the upgrade, will it go over the current program and update all the information that I currently have? Thanks and Happy New Year -- mfletcher The latest version in the US is Money+ aka Money 2008. Other geographies have different versions. Money keeps all your data in the .mny file not the program. When you install the new version it usually remembers where your .mny file was, makes a copy of it (for safety) and then up...

pantone colors #2
Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. Find doesn't do it. B I don't think Publisher has all the Pantone colors. There are close equivalents. Not the same of course... C=0 M=53 Y=100 K=0 R=252 G=115 B=35 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bob Wright" <mmpdallas@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23N1wilmHJHA.1364@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. > Find doesn't do it. > B Guess you are right, not all there. Weird. Close equivalents ...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

Print Macro #2
Trying to write a macro to print a spreadsheet where the number of rows of data varies. What's wrong with this code? Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown).End(xlToRight) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = rng End With Thank you. Pam Hi Pam Leave your PrintArea empty Excel will print all cells with a value on the sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Pam" <gasp0225@juno.com> wrote in message news:16e401c38521$a7d25420$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to write a macro to ...

Importing data into Outlook #2
Is there a process or program with which I can transfer my ACT! data into Outlook contacts? Thanks! ...

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

IE8 can't access Microsoft Office site when all other browsers can
When trying to access the Microsoft Office page using IE8 I keep getting the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. If I use any other browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome) I have no problem accessing the page. This happens whether running in normal or No Add-on's mode. Despite how many people keep complaining about all the problems with IE8, neither the MVP's or Microsoft acknowledge that they exist. Asus P5E Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0GHz 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Windows 7 Ultimate (with all the latest updates installed) NIS 2010 (all up to date)...

Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart art.
Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart Art. It would make note taking much easier. I do not want to go back to Excel for Smart Art. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=26a...

Publishing Microsoft Excel Charts to the Web
I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for viewing in a web browser. When I do so, the charts are too large to fit on one screen without scrolling. Is there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's browser window when you publish them? Jim - Embed the charts in a worksheet (right click, Location, As Object In: Sheet Name), and size them to fit before exporting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jim wrote: > I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site f...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 01-27-06
I am receiving this message when I try to upgrade my CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, does any one have any idea what this means? ...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 #8
When down loading messages a message appears (Just started ( that says c:\documents and settings\My Name\application data\microsoft\addins\wfloadin.dll is not a valid office add in Help Go into Tools | Options | Other, click the advanced button, then click the Add-In Manager and COM Add-Ins buttons and see if you find anything weird there. If you see an installed add-in listed that you don't need, disable it and see if the message goes away. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserv...

Ad Hoc Reporting #2
Hi, I am putting together an ad hoc report in Excel. My query is in the VB editor. I am trying to specify criteria Select x,y,z where... in the WHERE, I am struggling. I want to take a range of ids specified in the worksheet, F2:F55. So Select x, y, z where IDs IN ( F2:F55 ) I tried to use WHERE IN ( Range(F2:F55) ) but it did not like it. What syntax should I use to make this work? Thanks! ...

Reinstall #2
I am reinstalling Office 2003 on a new computer. I have installed the software but I the contact information and calendars, messages, notes etc have not transferred to the new one. How can I do that? ...

GetTextExtentPoint32 #2
Hi, I have multiple problems here :( I have a short text in UNICODE and the text contains newlines as well (carriage return and newline) and it seems that GetTextExtentPoint32 doesn't take into account the newlines. So I broke the lines myself and checked which has the longest length. Also, for the "int cbString" parameter, if my text is "hello" and I pass 5, then it doesn't return the current width. I have to send 6. Yes, I do select my font in the HDC before calling this. Other problem! Interline spacing issue Lines are separated by a certain mount of pixels...

Incoming Emails #2
Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? No, you can go to TOOLS, then SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and then DEFINE SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and in the box's shown, you can tell Outlook to automatically send or receive your messages every XX mins. Tedd -- Tedd Riggs PDASquare Content Developer www.pdasquire.com "wj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88174331-72B4-4ECF-B688-DF745D9178EF@microsoft.com... > Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? T...

outlook client problem #2
Hi I have a one user that have problem with outlook client are always prompt to login outlook 2007 crmclient V3C and have all patch install You might want to create a new profile for that client. Also check that they are running SQL 2005 Express on their desktop as opposed to an MSDE instance. Their was a shift in databases from 2000 to 2005 during the life of CRM v3.0 "sjm" wrote: > Hi > I have a one user that have problem with outlook client are always prompt to > login > outlook 2007 > crmclient V3C and have all patch install Hi sjm, Is the user also prom...

CTreeView #2
I use TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style with the tree control. When the focus from the view is lost, the selection bar turns pale grey. Is there a way I could change the color of selection bar? Thanks in advance You may be able to use OnCustomDraw() to do this sort of thing. http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/tree_color.html http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/shareaza/shareaza/CtrlSharedFolder.cpp?rev=1.3 http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/newlistviewcontrolie40/article.php/c711/ Tom "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eZSucQKrFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12...

Microsoft Hosted cRM
Is it possible using the Microsoft CRM Hosted environment to allow customization of form appearance based on Business Units, Roles or Teams? Without this ability I am finding it hard to justify even considering this application (as our customers have wildly varying data for their orders and invoices). Hi Chris This is definitely possible. We have tested this in our hosted environment sucessfully. I does require some custom JavaScript attached to the CRM form OnLoad event though. "Chris" wrote: > Is it possible using the Microsoft CRM Hosted environment to allow > cus...

Attachment security in Outlook 2003 #2
I had the same problem. I downloaded DetachOL form the link below and it fixed all my problems. You can choose different levels of security. Hope this helps http://www.mcdev.com/outlook.shtml ...

X Axis needed for Line Chart #2
I have created two line images on a Line Chart using several data points. Now I would like to have an x axis that shows a marker for every 1/2 hour. Example: .5 1.0 1.5 2.0 2.5 3.0 and so on for up to 5.0 to represent hours. I created the data for these time points that coorespond to my data for line images but do not know how to show them in my x axis as markers. Any idea? My x axis shows nothing? Y axis is fine. I have data scale markers there. -- FL Does the chart know you have X data? Go to Chart menu > Source Data > Series tab. Is there anything in the ...

Microsoft Office Icons Change...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I changed the basic icons that came with the office programs, but once I use one of the programs such as Word, the icon changes back to the default one. Even after I quit the program it stays as the default icon. Only when I manually change it does it use the new (better looking) icons I have, but only if I haven't used the program before.... Any ideas? On 6/25/09 2:07 AM, in article 59b7718d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "grantbiz@officeformac.com" <grantbiz@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2...

Store Operations 2.0 Licensing
I'm curious to how the licensing is going to be handled with Store Operations 2.0. I know it will be getting rid of the dongle and start using license keys. So how will this work? Let's pretend we have a 4 user license key: here are some questions I have... 1) If we have 4 point of sale screens open, are we still able to open the manager screens on other computers? Can we use the SO Manager on as many computers as we wish, just as we have done in the past? 2) With previous versions of RMS, we are able to open 4 point of sale screens on 4 different computers. If we want to ...

Counting Text Entries #2
Fantastic, thank you so much -- JackJJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JackJJW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1625 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27655 ...