Microsoft - please fix these!

Microsoft - ARE YOU LISTENING?

1/2.  PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!  You need to display a flag when the "Process thru
EDC" box is not checked.  Inform the cashier that the transaction is not
being processed; do they want to continue?  Look on the newsgroups to see how
many retailers have lost credit card revenue because this box was not checked
and not discovered until much later. Since all the card numbers are masked
(as they should be) there is not a chance that we can recoup these losses.
Yes, this did happen to me; and yes, I lost a lot of money.
1.  Please make all input fields consistent: in dropdown boxes, decide
whether you want users to be able to use a keystroke (arrows or letters) to
get down the list or have to mouse down the list - CHOOSE ONE OR THE OTHER!
2.  Please make navigation more consistent:  sometimes Alt+A takes the
cursor to a button, sometimes it opens an input field.  A lot of people still
prefer keyboarding to mousing.
3.  In the HQ Purchase Order worksheets, the number of items defaults to 1;
in HQ Inventory Transfer worksheets the number of items is retained from the
previous item.
4.  How about a real forum instead of a newsgroup for the RMS/HQ Community?
5.  I should be able to create a report on the fly (any one I want!)
6.  How about Global Gift cards in HQ?  That can't be that hard to do.
7.  How about getting with the program and realizing that, like it or not,
Quickbooks is the most used of any accounting packages for most small/medium
businesses.  Get HQ integrated with Quickbooks!
8.  Figure out once and for all why Inventory Transfers cause so many
headaches.
9.  Make the synchronization between HQ and local stores more robust.  I
can't depend on my HQ database numbers; my on-hand HQ inventory often doesn't
agree with the local databases - how can that happen?  why?
10.  Improve HQ/RMS documentation - it stinks!!!! Who knew that in order to
get to the next page of a journal receipt in the POS you have to press
<^arrow>?
11.  In looking up previous transactions in the journal, have the date range
retain the last date searched instead of reverting to a default date.
12.  Display an "Item not found" dialog box when an ILC is not in the
database instead of just going to the nearest number.

--
Jennifer

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=07a8ac5f-d552-43e7-b6bb-f29e5ee723a1&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
Jennifer1 (141)
12/1/2007 2:45:00 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Microsoft Money 2004 does not run
Hello, Everybody: Probably this problem have been solved before but I would like you to help me anyway. I had installed MS Money 2004 but because I was updating another software (that eventually I had to reinstall it again with a prior version) I tried open it as usual but suddenly appeared that small window saying a problem occurred giving the chance whether to report it or not to Microsoft. I tried lots of times running Money 2004 but nothing. So I decided to uninstall it completely and resinstall it again. However, the problem still remains. I really do not know what caused this but actual...

Microsoft Excel Formulas
I have exported financial (budget figures) data into excel for 12 months, changed cells to numbers and added columns to put in actuals. I have manually entered formulas in the total column from each cell (eg =sum(E2+E4+E6..) etc but when I go back and modify data in the individual cells it does not change the total figure. What is wrong?? Thanks -- CW Hi, First thing to make sure is that you calculation mode is set to automatic - choose Tools, Options, Calculation tab and make sure Automatic is on. Second, and not related to your problem, but if you want to sum every other cell yo...

how can i finish download microsoft 2007
I was download microsoft 2007 60 days free trial, but i stoped by mistake. please help me in finish the downloading. thanks, ...

I am using microsoft publisher and want to change print size small
On Mon, 31 May 2010 17:59:01 -0700, microsoft publisher <microsoft publisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: This large white space is for you to describe your problem. But before you try why don't you have look at the button near the top of the screen labeled HELP What operating System? What version of MS Pub ? Wot else can you tell us. John G. ...

Microsoft Exchange
I'm trying to turn on Junk e-mail rules and I get an error messaging saying I need to close Outlook and connection to the Exchange server. Help! What version of Outlook are we talking about here and what type of e-mail account service are you using? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Glinda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12d901c478d1$23027c80$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to turn on Jun...

Please Help me with my homework
I would like to know if anyone would like to help me with my exce assignment -- sharonh21 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sharonh218's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27813 depends what it is........ -- duane ------------------------------------------------------------------------ duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0: Reports are very slow
The more I work with CRM, the more the reports become slower when I try to run them I looked at the event log and saw nothing Is there any help on how I could research this problem? Thank you Stella If the problems are getting worse the more records are being added it is a save bet to asume the reports are filtering/joining columns without indexes. To speed this up you will need to tune the query and/or database. Tuning the database means creating additional indexes (for example with the SQL index tuning wizard). This is not supported according to the CRM 4 documentation but if done pr...

A question about thread,please help me #2
My program environment is .net2005.The partial code is shown as below: void CfinalView::OnRButtonDblClk(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); if(point.x>rc.left&&point.x<(rc.right/2)&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<rc.bottom) { //AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CDetailPlot)); } if(point.x>(rc.right/2)&&point.x<rc.right&&point.y>rc.top&&point.y<(rc.bottom/2)) { //AfxMessageBox(_T("haha")); AfxBeginThread(RUNTI...

MobileAdmin error. Please assist
I am trying get exchange activesync working but nothing seems to be working. I think the network may be too secure to use it but wanted some assistance. First, our setup is one that is hidden from outside like most companies. We use RSA Secureid to access via vpn so we have tokens. They change every minute but once connected your connected... until you disconnect or loose connection. I am not sure how this will work with GPRS. OWA brings you to a page that you first have to authenticate to the RSA RADIUS server and then your taken to OWA. Server Error in '/MobileAdmin' App...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, June 26, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 140 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consi...

Lost Word file. Please HELP
I opened a Word .doc file that had been attached to an e-mail. I worked several hours on the file, prudently saving it from time to time. I did not save it under a different name, I just clicked on File>Save. At the end of a long day of back-breaking work, I closed Word. The next day I try to open the file but Word doesn't seem to remember it. It is not in the list of recently used files. I search My Documents to no avail. I go to the original e-mail, but the attachment is still the original version, without any of my additions. What is going on? It seems like I lost a day's...

1.3 complete fix/enhancement list?
We got our 1.3 today and the list of fixes/enhancements in the .txt file on the CD seems pretty small compared to some things I have read on some re-sellers sites. Can anyone supply us with a FULL list of fixes/enhancements as is seems every time there is an update there are always some things that go unmentioned and undocumented in help files. I just don't want any 'surprises' after install. Customer Source does not have this info available... yet.. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Microsoft Money Plus Investing Center
Does anyone out there have Microsoft Money Plus Premium? I am trying that version and I wonder if anyone can duplicate what I am experiencing: I click on the Investing tab Click on anything in blue horizontal bar below tab - Markets, Stocks, ETFs, etc. My browser (Firefox) opens with a page from MSN Money -But- If I click the same selections using the left navigation bar, the same MSN Money pages open within Microsoft Money Plus and not in a separate browser (a better user experience). Shelley ----------- Shelley Elmblad About Financial Software financialsoft.about.com Personal Budgetin...

HELP Please!!!!! I am really stuck and need help badly with 2 problems
I have created a modal dialog box has has a toolbar derived object on it. On the toolbar are 2 combo boxes, 1 for changing fonts and 1 for sizes. In the toolbar class, I have the ON_CBN_SELCHANGE handler for both of them. In the handler, I call GetOwner()->SendMessage(WM_NOTIFY, fh.idFrom, (LPARAM)&fh); 2nd param = the tool bar and the 3rd = CHARFORMAT structure I have confirmed that the Owner of the control is the dialog box. the SendMessage returns a 0 In the dialog box I have the following ON_NOTIFY(FN_SETFORMAT, IDR_FORMATBAR, OnSetCharFormat) I set my cursor in the OnSetChar...

Variable data on a fixed page background
I have got a mailer which I have produced and used in the past. The outside sheet (a Word doc) has got graphics and text, leaving a space on the sheet for the receiver's address. I have an application that produces an RTF file of the addresses, each separated by page breaks. In the past, if I had 1000 addresses in the RTF file, I would print 1000 copies of the fixed background, then format the RTF using margin settings to position the address lines properly, then run the already-printed sheets through the printer again to get the addresses printed. The print shop charges me f...

Hacked Mail Account...please help!
My partner set his account up years ago when he was with his ex, he used her email address as his alternative e-mail address and was unable to change it, due to it being so long ago when the account was set up he cannot remember his secret word. Yesterday completely out of the blue, he was no longer able to get onto his account using his password and he hasnt changed it,. we are now under the impression his ex has hacked his account. He isnt able to get onto his hotmail at all and doesnt remember his secret word. Can somebody help, is there any way to contact support team to try ...

Check out this security update from the Microsoft Corp.
--raadzbbqithpnp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pmxpzueoeva"; type="multipart/alternative" --pmxpzueoeva Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vaklcirho" --vaklcirho Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prot...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 on Windows 2003 locks up/unstable
Hi, We recently added additional server to the CRM environment. We have been runnning CRM 1.2 for about 2+ years on Windows 2000 environment with no issues. This is IIS 5. We have done some cusomizations and CRM SDK developments too. On windows 2003, we are running into issues. This runs on IIS 6. Once in a while the webserver does not respond. After lot of research, I found out it is most likely the worker processes that lock up because of exhausting the threads available. Has anyone run into issues of this nature? What is the remedy? Thanks, Ramesh ...

Inserting a fixed value in to hundereds of cells
I have 3 years worth of daily data in a spreadsheet. To "normalize" the data, I am requred to add the first cell value to each of the subsequent cells. =sumD4-D4 ---This will yield a zero starting point =sumD5-D4 =SUMD6-D4 =SUMD7-D4 and on and on and on. I need to subrtact D4 from hundreds of lines of data and there has top be a better way than doing each one, line by line. * In a free cell type the value of A4. * Press CTRL+C for "copy" * Select the 1095 cells > RIGHT(!) click on one of them > 'PasteSpecial' > mark 'SUBTRACT' >...

how to make a leaflet on microsoft publisher 2003
im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but i have no clue on how to, any respponses would be appreciated. Open Publisher, New, Click Publications for Print, scroll down to Flyers. This will give you a guide on how a leaflet is setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dmpm" <dmpm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C563C481-49B6-409D-B98E-E84477BD5609@microsoft.com... > im quite stuck, i have never used publisher and i need to make a leaflet but > i ...

Microsoft System attendant Failed to Start
the System Attendant Failed to start after rebooting the=20 server. Here are some of the rrors encountered in the event log. ***** Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology=20 Event ID: 2102 Date: 8/9/2004 Time: 3:03:39 PM User: N/A Computer: NKLES Description: Process MAD.EXE (PID=3D348). All Domain Controller Servers=20 in use are not responding:=20 nagase_kl.nagase.com.my=20 nkl_es.nagase.com.my=20 npg_es.nagase.com.my=20 =20 For more information, click=20 http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ***** Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeD...

WinMe Excel 97 Not Enough Memory to Run Microsoft Excel
I have WinMe with MS Works. I am trying to install MS Office97 upgrade. After install and reboot, selecting Excel, Excel splash screen pops up, immediately followed by message shown above in subject. Found match in Ofc2000 citing corrupted MSO9INTL.DLL, MSOHELP.EXE, and possibly MSOFFICE.EXE. Renamed them, reinstalled Excel. Same error. Access 97 starts ok; haven't tried others. System is MS Windows 4.90.3000 Build 3000 with 255.04M physical memory . Any thoughts would be appreciated. ...

Upgrading Outlook Express and Microsoft mail to Outlook 2007
Hi all, I have two computers running Outlook Express on XP, and Microsoft Mail running on Vista. I want to install Outlook 2007 on the Vista machine and end up with both data sets running under Outlook on the Vista machine, and acting as two separate Identities or Profiles. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do the backups/ restores? Is there an order of operations needed because I'm using two machines with different operating systems and versions of mail programs? Any help would be much appreciated Thanks john Does "both data sets" mean that you have two d...

Installation of Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2007 on Windows 7
When I start up Word, Office tries to configure itself, then I get the message "Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application." I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007 various times. It sometimes works for a while, then I get the message as described above. At one point, it would work with any Administrator account but not a Standard account. Operating System: Windows 7 Pro Please help. Thanks. The next time an Office component wants to re-install itself, let the process complete. Then, ...

error message in Microsoft Publisher
Hi, ever run into this? When trying to save a document in Microsoft Publisher 2000, I get "<nane of file> - Microsoft Publisher:MSPUB.EXE - Application Error. Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program." As a result of this message, I am unable to save files in Publisher. Sounds like you are running on a network and not saving the file to the local hard drive. You have given no information about the version of Windows you are using or the environment this program is working. -- Thanks for replying. We are running on a network. The...