Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat on August 7th, 2008

------=_NextPart_0001_74E9EEE0

Good morning,

The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team will be hosting the next Live Chat on
August 7th, 2008,
at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time.

Is there a topic that you would like to discuss in depth? Do you want
additional insight into a certain area of the software? Have you always
wanted to know what to do when you encounter a particular scenario?

If so, we'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to post any ideas on
this thread, use the link in the Live Chats section of the RMS Using site
(http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx), or  send mail
to rmspd @ microsoft.com (without the spaces before and after the @ sign).

Thank you in advance.

Todd Berger
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

------=_NextPart_0001_74E9EEE0

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Good morning,
\par
\par The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team will be hosting the next Live Chat on August 7th, 2008,
\par at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time.
\par
\par Is there a topic that you would like to discuss in depth? Do you want additional insight into a certain area of the software? Have you always wanted to know what to do when you encounter a particular scenario?
\par
\par If so, we'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to post any ideas on this thread, use the link in the Live Chats section of the RMS Using site (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/rms/using/default.mspx), or  send mail to rmspd @ microsoft.com (without the spaces before and after the @ sign).
\par
\par Thank you in advance.
\par
\par Todd Berger
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
\par that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_74E9EEE0--

0
tberger (219)
7/23/2008 1:22:06 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dynamics GP Feature Pack
Dear All, I have installed GP 10 and SP2 and companies has been created,setup, configured with master data upload. At this moment my client is asking me install Dynamics GP Feature Pack. So kindly advice me to upgrade the exisiting GP with Feature Pack and what are the diferences between Dynamics GP Feature Pack and (Dynamics GP with SP2). Your immediate response will be highly appreciated. Thnaks in advance. Developer Feature Pack 1 includes a number of enhancements in a number of Dynamics GP areas, including but not limited to Project Accounting, Business Portal, Workflow, etc., a...

Filtering A Crosstab Query Dynamically
Is there any way to filter a xtab query dynamically, that is, have it filter based on a value or text string selected from a list box on a form. I have tried parameters in the criteria row of the xtab query as well as the following ..... [FORMS]![Form Name]![list box name] but Access returns an error message saying it does not recognize the criteria content as a valid field or expression. Trek Have you defined the parameter in your query? For crosstab queries, you MUST do this. You can use the reference to a control on a form as the parameter; you need to declare the type. You can ...

Insufficient authorization to perform this action
I am developing a .NET app to access Dynamics GP Web services (VS 2005 + GP10) I run into this error trying to use GetEmployeebyKey: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Insufficient authorization to perform this action. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at RAC.Bill.TestingSharePointWS.DynamicsGPWebServices.DynamicsGP.GetEmployeeByKey(EmployeeKe...

Dynamic "Numbered List"
How Can I update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? Like: 1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D After filter..... 1. A 2. B 3. D [C Filtered] Any Idea to get the result. Regards, Murtaza hi, Murtaza ! > ... update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? > Like: > 1. A > 2. B > 3. C > 4. D > After filter..... > 1. A > 2. B > 3. D [C Filtered] assuming [B2] as the first cell [in filtered-column]... try with subtotal-offset approach [by Laurent Longre] and copy-down... a) array-entered: {ctrl}+...

microsoft office2007
microsoft office2007microsoft office2007microsoft office2007microsoft office2007 Is that some weird relaxation matra? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "click666" <emadcssi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5a51b877-5341-45a5-bad4-719363dc7b84@37g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > microsoft office2007microsoft office2007microsoft office2007microsoft > office2007 ...

receive e-mail Microsoft Exchange 2003
Dear Reader, I have for my own use an Microsoft Exchange Server installed! I'm an newbie in the use of Exchange! I have configure Exchange so that I can send e-mail with my own registered domainname! Now I can't receive e-mail and i don't now where I can configure it! Where I have registered my e-mail address i have made an MX record so that the mail will be send to my own IP-address. My ISP said that they don't block e-mail trafic and i have configure my router so that it send trafic on port 25 and 110 to my server! Can someone help me! how I must configure it and how I can...

Microsoft Office Spreadsheet 10 ActiveX Object: Question?
I am using this object on an Acccess form and can populate it with some spreadsheet data. On the form I can edit the data but it does not save back to the spreadsheet. Is there a way of saving changes made via the object back to the original spreadsheet... I assume there must be otherwise what is the point of the data a being editable!! Grateful any advice. MAny thanks Steve T. ...

Microsoft Money 2006\MNYCoreFiles\rcreport.dll is not a valid Wind
Please check this against your installation diskette. I downloaded the software, i don't have a diskette, and i don't know how to solve this. I can't even open the MICROSOFT MONEY as it is. In microsoft.public.money, jaferg1 wrote: >Please check this against your installation diskette. I downloaded the >software, i don't have a diskette, and i don't know how to solve this. I >can't even open the MICROSOFT MONEY as it is. You seem distraught. Was Money working fine for a year, and you suddenly got an error when you did something that preceded the prob...

Upgrading QS2000 to RMS
I run a decent sized store with 14 employees and five POS terminals. We run several hundred transactions per day. I've been using QS2000 since 1998 and now I'm seriously considering making the upgrade to RMS. Over the years I've experienced a variety of problems and learned to live with the limitions of QS2000. Since I know the old software inside and out, I'm a bit hesitant to make the jump into RMS. Better the devil you know... I'd like to hear from anyone who's made this transition. How easy is it to convert the database? Will I lose anything when it converts? What ...

RMS Updates and Upgrades
I've looked everywhere and can't find where to download the latest updates and upgrades for RMS or where to check to see what the latest ones are...I'm running RMS SP2 but wasn't sure if there was anything later that has come out...thanks in advance! David, The information you seek is on the Partner Source site. https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/ Pat "David" wrote: > I've looked everywhere and can't find where to download the latest updates > and upgrades for RMS or where to check to see what the latest ones are...I&...

IE8 and Windows Live Personalized Experience Page Rendering
I find it odd that IE8 will not properly render this personalized web page that is a Microsoft Product. When using IE8 after the page is fully loaded the scroll bar disappears. If I middle click on the page and attempt to scroll with the mouse, there is no content below the immediate window. All other content below the main window is "gone". I just reset the browser, because I was having crash problems, but the behavior occurred prior. This page renders properly in Firefox. I think this is a project microsoft started and for some reason just abandoned possibly. There ar...

Office 2008 for multiple system users
I have a problem where I installed Office 2008 under one user account, but the installation does not appear under the other user ID that shares the Macbook itself. Can someone assist me by explaining how to make this so? Many thanks. On 3/4/08 4:36 AM, in article ee8fa53.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mrockwe@officeformac.com" <mrockwe@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have a problem where I installed Office 2008 under one user account, but the > installation does not appear under the other user ID that shares the Macbook > itself. > > Can someone assist me by expl...

Sorting a dynamic database table
I have a database for tracking equipment under outage as given below. The basic data for each row is linked from other worksheets in the workbook, where each worksheet pertains to an individual equipment. The data which gets populated under the Final Sheet is not necessarily in a sorted order as per the Item_Out Time.. It may look like Equipment Out DateTime IN DateTime Out_Hrs MILL_GRP_1E 14/06/2010 10:10 16/06/2010 18:00 55:50 MILL_GRP_1D 28/05/2010 11:21 08/06/2010 14:35 267:14 MILL_GRP_1A 07/06/2010 12:03 12/...

Mouse Scroll Wheel Crashes Dynamics
Hi all, We're on GP9, and in a terminal server (Win2003) environment. We have a small issue when using the mouse scroll wheel in dynamics; the scrolling will start scrolling by itself, scroll all the way to the end, and then freeze. Then you have to End Task out of GP. It's tempermental - if you scroll really slow with the wheel, it's ok. But if you scroll just a little to fast, it takes off scrolling and crashes. This behaviour has been with us since GP8, and of course it only occurs within Dynamics. I looked in the KB and couldn't find anything. Anyone else witness ...

Microsoft have product compete with Quicken Home and Business?
Does Microsoft have a product to compete with Quicken Home and Business? If yes.... is it better than Home and Business? Yes - MS Money Premium Small Business 2004. I just switched from Quicken 2003 Home & Business to MS Money. I give Money the edge in useability. Creating invoice templates is not as good - nor as easy - as Quicken and this needs to be a focal point for the Money team for the next version. There are some other quirks, but I still like MSMo better than Q. >-----Original Message----- >Does Microsoft have a product to compete with Quicken Home and >Bus...

CRM 4.0
Guys, We've Microsoft CRM 4.0 Server roll up 8 as well as CRM Outlook Client on the same roll up version. Our Internal Web Access works without problems users get to it and they're automatically authenticated. IFD Development is the same way except they're prompt through a login page for their username and password when they're coming from an external network. Ever since we moved to a new facility users are experiencing problems connecting to CRM using their outlook client, I have a test machine where I have the CRM Outlook Client install and has always worked. These ar...

Upgrading RMS 1.2 to 2.0 Error on 2nd point Install Store Operatio
Hello, On clicking on Install Store Operations, I am getting the following error message: "1155: File D:\SO\instmsi30.exe not found" Does anyone know what this means? ED It appears the computer is having a hard time reading the installation CD. Try cleaning it and try again - if it fails, use a different computer to copy the installation CD onto say a USB flash drive (or a networked hard drive) then try the installation again but using the usb drive - if that fails contact MS for a replacement installation CD - I think RMS users are entitled to a free one, and additional ...

Microsoft Excel in Microsoft works
How do I open an Excel document using Microsoft Works spreadsheet. I do not have Microsoft Excel. Ask the person who created the excel document to save it to a version that Works can open. I don't use MSWorks, but I think that the old Lotus 123 .wks can be created by Excel and read by MSWorks. or... The free viewer (no changes allowed) from Microsoft: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officeupdate/CD011347961033.aspx and the older version if you can't run the one above: http://download.microsoft.com/download/excel2000/Xlviewer/2000/WIN98/EN-US/xlViewer.exe (One line in your bro...

How do I switch from Microsoft Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlo.
I just installed Microsoft Office 2003 with Outlook... and now I am having problems with searches and links on Internet Explorer. I have all the latest Service Packs for both the Office and the Explorer... What problem with Searches and Links are you having? Ensure Outlook is set as your default email client in the programs tab of Internet Explorer Properties. "netdog" <netdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D59AAEBB-419F-473A-9494-7337D4DA9468@microsoft.com... >I just installed Microsoft Office 2003 with Outlook... and now I am having > problems w...

Outlook 2003 Plugin from visual studio 2008
I have been working on generating Outlook 2003 add-ins from Visual Studio 2008. I built the project using the File->new-Project and selected Visual C#->office->2003->Outlook 2003 Add-in. Using pieces from a Microsoft sample which displays all the button faces available and then tracking down the changes needed since VS 2005 VSTO Beta, I got a working Add-in. The Solution has the Add-in project and a setup project. Building both produces two outputs. The setup project has both a .MSI and a setup.exe file. If I use F5 to run, Outlook is started and the plugin instal...

Cannot find the specified Microsoft Exchange Server
This is the error we get upon the final install checklist. ? What can cause this? Our Network Admin is pretty confident that all of his settings are fine. We can see the Exchanger Server in the domain. What are we missing? There are no users set up yet on this test Eschange server, but there is a OU setup on the Domain...but no specific user there either.????? ? If we press ahead with an install, we can add Exchange (and the router) later, correct? yes you do not need to specify an exchange server to complete the install. You can always add it later ============================== Jo...

Microsoft word 2007 04-21-10
To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must surround the letter "c" with which symbol? Do your own homework. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sheena" <Sheena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1C1982-FE01-4FE9-807C-7759DDD5D13B@microsoft.com... > To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must > surround > the letter "c" with which symbol? > With brackets. (c) "Sheena" wrote...

entourage 2008 unable to handle PDF files sent as attachments

Microsoft Office:mac 2008 #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Hi, We applied for Super Suite Deal to receive a free product Office 2008 for Mac Home and Student Edition. We bought Office 2004 for Mac Student and Teacher Edition last January 9, 2008. We sent the Super Suite Deal North American Redemption Form and other requirements to Microsoft Corporation Super Suite Deal - Office for Mac 2008, PO Box 1096, Buffalo, NY 14240. But until now we didn't receive the Office 2008. When can we receive Office 2008? What is lacking to our application why we didn't receive the Office 20...

MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 KNOWN ISSUES / BUG
Hi all, Wondering if anyone knows any timeline on Update Rollup 1. I have a few bugs in which when followed up with MS they have simply explained that it is a known issue clients are crucifying me over and I'm not sure the exact time time but prior v3.0 Updates Rollups were between 6 to 9 months. Also, try checking on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 updates and hotfixes KB, there may be hotfix available for some of the issues you encountered or maybe work-arounds. Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.ht...