Merging Reports

I hope someone can help me out...  I'm looking to create a single report that
will essentially merge the results from the following RMS reports:
Items - Inventory Movement Report
Items - Item Quantity List

I want to see items that have had movement (either received or sold) during
the past season OR are still on hand from previous seasons.  Currently I have
to generate two separate reports, export them to excel, and then manually
sort them and remove duplicate information.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
0
Al1 (451)
2/8/2006 1:39:14 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jeff,

I appreciate the help that is exactly what I am looking for!

The only question I have is there a way to get the department and category
lists to "drop down" like they do in other reports?  Some of our guys
(including myself) are not the best at remembering the exact department and
category names.

Thanks again!

"Jeff" wrote:

> Al,
>
> Here's a report attached that I posted a while back.  See if it works for
> you.
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the M$ Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>

> --
> *
> "AL" <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I hope someone can help me out...  I'm looking to create a single report
> that
> will essentially merge the results from the following RMS reports:
> Items - Inventory Movement Report
> Items - Item Quantity List
>
> I want to see items that have had movement (either received or sold) during
> the past season OR are still on hand from previous seasons.  Currently I
> have
> to generate two separate reports, export them to excel, and then manually
> sort them and remove duplicate information.
>

> Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

0
Al1 (451)

Copy Specific Values from Table to Report
I don't know if this is the proper group to post this message into, but I'll start here and see what happens. To try and "simply" explain my request...... I know this can be done, as I've seen the results, but I can't figure out how to do it. I want to use the Report function of Access to create printed forms. I would have different reports, named A, B, C, D, and E for this example. The information I want to have printed on the report(s) comes from one specific table. On report "A" I want to have the values printed that are in rows 2,3, and 5 of "col...

How do I do multiple charts on the same page? Is there a merge fu
I have several charts to on students and want them to be on the same page. How do I do this? Also, is there a merge application within Excel that would enable me to merge names of students into the graphs without doing each one separately? Not sure if this what you are looking for but if you are referring to having multiple charts on the same worksheet, you can accomplish this by copying the original chart and pasting it into your "master" worksheet. Or you can simply create each chart on the same page. Set the data source of the chart to the data on the "other&q...

Register Analysis report & Z report?? HELP!!
Is there a report that list the information from the z Report? I know how to obtain the tender amounts, sales, sales amounts. The information I am after is Paid on Layaway/ Closed , Paid to Account and especially Deposit Made/Redeemed. I would love one report but multiple reports are ok. I haven't been able to fully intergrate yet with Quickbooks by journal entry. If I can run weekly/monthly reports that have this information on it I can export it to a excel spreadsheet then import into my Peachtree. Any help would be greatly appreciated? I read on the newsgroup something ab...

Unable to Access Reports from CRM Interface
We have deployed Microsoft CRM, but there is problem that the reports cannot be accessed by using Microsoft CRM interface from client's machine. There is no problem accessing the report in local server, it can be shown correctly from CRM interface, if it's accessed in the CRM server/database server. There are two servers, one for CRM application and the other for database+report server. User can access the Report Manager interface from their local machine (http://dbserver/reports). Anyone has idea, what is the possible error? Thanks. there is a white paper that requires additional ...

Smart List Report
I am trying to create a report in smart list that will allow me to pull the "Orig. Master Number" -- esk ------=_NextPart_0001_EA5A4E0D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Are you trying to pull out the Master number or the Originating document number? You would be able to do both by utilizing the "Sales Transactions" Smartlist. 1. Open Smartlist (View | Smartlist). 2. Select Sales Transactions. 3. Click on the Columns button at the top. 4. Click on the Add button. 5. Scroll thru the list then select either Original Number or Master Num...

How do you print one record from a Report?
In Access 2007 how is it possible to print one single record or choose a couple of records from an Access 2007 Report? i know how to print one single record from an Access 2007 Form, but not Report. "hsmonsivais" wrote: > In Access 2007 how is it possible to print one single record or choose a > couple of records from an Access 2007 Report? > > i know how to print one single record from an Access 2007 Form, but not > Report. By the way I am recently learning how to use Access. I would appreciate if you are not to Technical. THANK YOU. ...

Migrate AFA report to FRx
Hi, I was trying to migrating a AFA(Advanced Financial Analysis) P&L report into FRx. A Row type was designated as Net Profit. How to achieve the same in FRx. Thanks in Advance, Arun. Hi Arun, There is no automatic net profit calculation row available in FRx like AFA you need to obtain it by formula calculation in FRx last row. All the best. -- Developer "Arun" wrote: > Hi, > > I was trying to migrating a AFA(Advanced Financial Analysis) P&L report into > FRx. A Row type was designated as Net Profit. How to achieve the sa...

Add remark to listed values of fields on report 05-24-07
I made a report with 6 subreports on it to show the total count of the variable values of 6 fields in a table. It's briefly illustrated as follows: Total No. of participant: 50 (Records in the table) Occupation Category: ( a Field in the table) Education 15 Medical 23 Business 12 Registration: ( a Field in the table) Email 18 Phone 12 Other 20 My boss wanted me to include a remark next to the count for the listed value of ea...

Crystal Reports 10 Licensing
At Convergence, I spoke to the people at the Crystal booth and the impression was that the pricing structure had changed substantially and now the bulk of the expense is with the licenses to view the reports as opposed to the licenses to write the reports. Do you have any pricing details for the latest version of Crystal? I've developed a vb.net application that uses Crystal's API calls to deliver reports on a citrix server and that eliminates to have user licenses. >-----Original Message----- >At Convergence, I spoke to the people at the Crystal >booth and the i...

Customising monthly reports?
Hello, I'm just starting out using Money. One thing that's annoying me is that I can't see how to customise the monthly report. I have income and expenditure from a small business which I don't want to see on this report. I've removed the relevant categories from other reports, but I don't seem able to do it on the monthly report, and consequently the figures are skewed and pretty much useless to me. I'm I stuck with this? Cheers! Martin Pretty much. <martin_pentreath@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1175465343.267759.95030@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.c...

Subject Node parent-child report problem
Hi all, I'm trying to filter\run report cases according to subject hierarchy. In the "advanced find" all I can choose is the specific subject regardless his parent. The same behavior occur when I export the whole cases table to excel as a pivot table. Any suggestion would be of assistance. Tnx NY Can you explain further. In a report you will only get the node you selected. Are you wanting to get nodes further up the tree? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Niel100" <niryon5@gmail.com> wrot...

E-mail report as a pdf attachment
Hi, I was able to automate the sending (via e-mail) of the same report, as PDF, with different data to different users using the MS Access 2007 'SendObject' command. However, the individual report size (e-mail pdf attachment) is the same size as the whole report i.e. if I print/save all the records, the whole PDF file is 250 KB, whereas the individual PDF e-mail attachment is also 250 KB! Can the PDF attachment be reduced in size? Appreciate any assistance. Thank you, Marwan ...

Unrealized Capital Gains Reports
This is a new problem. When I sell a partial lot of a given stock, and refresh the "Portfolio Value by Account or Investment" report, the cost column doesn't change to reflect the lower share count. Here is a specific example: Have 200 share of xyz at a cost of $20/share. Prior to selling a partial lot, the report gives the correct unrealized gain information with a total cost of $4,000. When I sell 50 shares, and refresh the report, the cost column stays at $4000 and recalculates the unrealized gain of the remaining 150 share as if the remaining shares were at a co...

Installiang the Crystal Reports add-on to a workstation
Hi, one of my colleagues is trying to generate custom crystal reports for CRM. He has installed Crystal Reports v9.0 + SP3 which makes his version 9.2.3.970. When he attempts to install the CRM Crystal addon piece (CD5) he gets an error message referring to "Setup has detected that you have Crystal Reports 9.2.0 installed. You must first upgrade to Crystal Reports 9.2.2 to continue with this setup." We are not sure what is causing this message. Can anyone help? Thanks, Perry You can download the appropriate version of Crystal Reports 9.2.2 from the Business Objects Web s...

Can't connect with Report Builder 3.0
I can't connect to local reporting service on SQL Express 2008 (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (RTM) - 10.0.1600.22) with ReportBuilder 3. Works fine with version 2. Am I missing something? Pete...

print of report is different than preview
I downloaded How to skip used mailing labels and print duplicates in Access 2002. It seems to be working fine until I try to print. It then prints from the first label and not as the preview showed. This is driving me buggy. What am I missing? The knoweldgebase article you referred to works for a single-page report. Provided you reset things in the Report Header's events, it should also work for printing (provided you print from the first page.) However, it does not work if you are printing reports that spill over onto several pages, unless you actually print all the pages. This i...

Documenting Smartlist Reports beyond report name
Is there a way to document within GP further information about smartlists. I would like to be able to write a 2 or 3 sentence explanation of the uses of the report, etc. that would be readily available such as in a report properties but I don't see any such capability. ...

Report Wrtier
On our POs the Line Item information in printed in two rows. On multi-page POs the last line item on will print one line of information and the other on page 2. Is there a way to keep the infomration together? We are on version 10. Report Writer engine is a single pass processing engine, this is, it navigates the tables that it uses to yield data on a report sequentially from top to bottom. This in turn means that Report Writer cannot go back to the previous record and figure out whether it needs to move it to another page before outputing the current record, and as you already kn...

mail merge #20
I want to print multiple entries on a single page. For example, I am printing four postcards addressed to four different people on a single page, but Publisher will only merge four postcards addressed to the SAME person. Each Excel row gets its own page in this program. My colleague has been able to fix this problem, but doesn't know how she did it. Can anyone please help me before I throw this machine? Thanks! This might be just in your print preview. If you actually print the items out, all the names should appear. This is a known bug. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP ...

Crystal Report Enhancement in CRM
Is Crystal Report v.10 compatible to CRM 1.2? co'z i'm trying to install the Crystal Report Enhancement and i'm encountering some problem. thanks the addon requires crystal 9.2.2 i think. You can use crystal 10 but you will manually have to add reports. If you have a Crystal 9 license you can get 9.2.2 from links referenced in my faq below then use your 9.0 license to install. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "ramon" <ramon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABB9A812-...

The report section shows shaded on one user's workstation
On a standard report, a new user of our Access 2003 database has the report showing up with shaded sections, while everyone else's is unshaded. How do we remove the shading? It is formatted to white. Does it printed on paper shaded? Chris wrote: >On a standard report, a new user of our Access 2003 database has the report >showing up with shaded sections, while everyone else's is unshaded. How do we >remove the shading? It is formatted to white. -- Boyd Trimmell aka Hi Tech Coach http://www.hitechcoach.com http://www.officeprogramming.com Message posted via AccessMon...

40 report wizard
Hi all, I want to create a report which will produce a chart, "amount of accounts created by users". X axis will be users and Y axis will be number of accounts created. When I try, the graph section is disabled in the wizard. Someone says there must be an integer column, but I do not have any in my implementation. Did I missed something? Thank you. Is this the 4.0 Report Wizard or an SRS report? If its SRS are you doing a count of any fields. =count(filteredaccount.accountid) Thank you for the reply. So, report wizard is perfect, but in some cases we still need programming ...

print multiple reports from database
Hi I have a table in my database that contains customer orders, within those orders are the products reuired to fulfil the order. For each product there is a related product information guide (in pdf) stored in a folder on my computer. Is it possible to run a query/report that prints the requires information sheets, for each customer order? (also posted in microsoft.public.access.queries) Regards Alec Use the Sorting and Grouping to force a new page for each group. -- Build a little, test a little. "alecgreen" wrote: > Hi > > I have a tab...

Mileage report
Im making a database to keep track of my miles. Id like it to automatically insert the miles when I type in the To and From information. I understand that I can list the criteria of one place to next equals such and such, but how would I code that in the main data window cells? Jason Let's say you have assembled the sample data below in Sheet1, in A1:C4 which shows the distances between any 2 points From.....To.....Dist A...........B.........5 A...........C.........8 A...........D........10 Put in D2: =TRIM(A2&B2) Put in E2: =TRIM(B2&A2) (Assumption: Distance A to B = D...

Mail Merge a new record on one page
Hi, I have a publisher doc with small ticket like things on it that I need to print off. There are 8 to a page and I need each one to have a different number, to go through and do it all deleting and retyping will take forever as I have 200 I need so tooooo many. Is there a way to mail merge this info without having to edit each one? I have tried making them into business cards so I get 8 to a page etc but it still will only give me 1 number in every ticket thing PLEASE HELP!!!! I would really like to be able to do what you can do in word with labels and make a new record in each new re...