MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table cleanup

With the migration from 1.3 to 2.0 the MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table was
created for all matrixs.
It looks like many extra entries were created in the conversion process.  It
appears that the conversion issue has been resolved with SP1.
How can I cleanup this table with out deleating and redefining all these
matrixs?

Currently some of these matrixes take 30 to 45 min. to open up under manager
do to the extra entries.

Thanks
TomT

0
ttaylor (69)
8/10/2007 3:17:42 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Pivot Table Subtotal
Hi I have a hug pivot table and there is no subtotal. Please show me how to add subtotal to a pivot table. Is it really complicate? Thanks Hi, Have a look at the following websites for Pivot Table help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Debra Dalgleish http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm Chip Pearson FYI when you are creating the table, you will need to drag two or more of your fields over into the row section of the Layout, then the pivot table will subtotal by those categories. HTH >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have a hug pivot table an...

how to get the ContactID from ContactBase to another table
Hi everybody!! i�ve made a new Button called "Anh�nge" in the CRM Contact Manager. If you press this Button, a HTML Site opens and you can search for files per INPUT TYPE="file". The problem is, that i want to save the path of this file in relation to the right ContactID from ContactBase. I�ve made also a new table called "ContactAttachments" with three Columns: ContactID, ID, path. My problem is: How can i get the ContactID from the current/opened Contact and how can i save this to my new table? Could anybody help me please? Greatings Daniel P.S.: Sorry for ...

Converting to an efficient set of tables
I was handed down an Excel file consisting of 47,000 rows and 20+ columns of data. In each column, there is an enormous amount of repetition. The file is over 20 MB and runs slowly. Because of reasons beyond my control at work, I cannot use MS Access to handle this data. So, I would like to create several tables containing the unique values that repeat so frequently and essentially structure the data like I would in Access with various relationships between fields. How can I (at least somewhat) automate this task to replace the cell values with references to another cell on another s...

Pivot Table #22
Dear All My knowledge of pivot table is limited... so kindly help if possible... Say if I have a column of data (Satisfaction Level) as the one on the horizontal field (Y axis) of the pivot table and straight away, it will show the different group of Satisfaction Level. Sat Level has a range from 1 to 5 so there will be 5 columns... My question is how can I include another two columns in the pivot table to show the sum of 1 and 2 and the sum of 4 and 5? Is this possible? Currently, I am doing the calculations manually... which is taking alot of my time especially if there are many different...

Splitting a cell within a table
I'm attempting to split a cell within a table. I click within the cell that I want to split and then click Table but "split cells" is grayed out. Please assist. Thanks. Anthony You can only split previously merged cells. "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429D3BCD-C656-4F6B-8EA6-54A40DA12E09@microsoft.com... > I'm attempting to split a cell within a table. I click within the cell > that > I want to split and then click Table but "split cells" is grayed out. > Please > assist. > > Thanks...

insert file size into a table
I have the following module which reads all the names of a specified folder into a table. I would like to also get the file size of those files into a new column in my table. So far I found the filelen function, but I don't know where to put the command in the module and how to get the module to insert the size in the same table as the filenames. Any help appreciated. Thanks. Here's the module I'm using: Option Compare Database Function LocateFile(strFileName As String) Dim vItem As Variant Dim db As DAO.Database Dim strsourcefilepath As String Dim Mysize strsour...

populating an Access table from a text file
A text file has data in a format like the below: Title1 Cell 1 data Title 2 Cell 2 data Title 3 Cell 3 data .. .. .. Title 10 Cell 10 data Title 11 Cell 11 data .. .. .. Title 15 Cell 15 data .. .. .. Title N Cell N data I guess I can read this using some VBA code posted at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0057.htm and http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/readtextfile.htm, add an Instr function to it so that when I read the text file, I know when to insert the data properly in the table. 1. Is there another way I can directly import the data into an Access 2...

update pivot table data range
I have a pivot chart based on A1 thru D10 in and Excel 2003 workbook. I would like to expand it to A1 thru F20, but I don't see how that gets done. How do you respecify the data range for the pivot table? Hi, Select the pivot table and choose Data, Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Report, click Back once. Your there. I will send a more lengthy, but better solution in the next email. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "JN" wrote: > I have a pivot chart based on A1 thru D10 in and Excel 2003 workbook. I > would like to expand it to A1 thru F20, but I don't see how t...

Automated values in a table
I have a table which inculde two fileds. Field 1 called "Injection" is a Yes/No box. Field 2 called "#of Injections" is a number column. I want to have an automated function, where if "No" is selected in "Injection", "# of Injections" automatically fills in a value of "0". How do i do this in a table? Thankyou! Hi What if you just made the default value of the second field "0" that way you wouldn't have to worry about it if its " No" and if is "Yes" you would have to edit it anyways with a qu...

Editing a pivot table
I've made a pivot table that shows me the number of duplicate entries on an address list. Now I want to delete the duplicates. When I drill down, it puts the list onto a new sheet, and deleting the rows I don't want does not effect my original data source. Is there an easy way to make changes to the results of the pivot table that will show up on the data source? -- jennerifw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jennerifw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26071 View this thread: http://www.excelforum...

Strage function in worksheet {=TABLE(I64,)}
I am attempting to understand what appears to be a custom function in a workbook I was given, author unknown. It seems to be some type of index or look up but their is no help on it or macro defined for it. has anyone used or familiar with this? If you need more information I would be happy to provide it. {=TABLE(I64,)} Thanks, Mark On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:30:25 -0600, "mkadon" <mkadon@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am attempting to understand what appears to be a custom function in a >workbook I was given, author unknown. It seems to be some type of index or >look up...

displaying a table on a form so that we can insert a new record at any place rather that at the end
how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first record. how can i accomplish this? can any body help me out please........ hi Ravindar, ravindar thati wrote: > how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to > insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his > desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first > record. Tables in Access (in a database) are a differen...

Size of Pivot Table and Chart
I have a spreadsheet that starts at 327 KB. When I add just two pivot tables (and their associated charts) onto a new worksheet, the file size increases to a whopping 12.2MB!!!! Is this normal? Is there a way to reduce the size? ...

Pivot Table Chart Legend
Hello all. I am currently developng a Line chart via a pivot table. One thing I have noticed is that the legend runs in ascending order. E.g. Z at the top down to A's at the bottom. Is there any way of getting the legend "flipped" so it runs A-Z without amending the pivot table itself?? Thank you. Hi, Double check the chart type. A flipped legend would suggest a Stacked Line chart rather than a plain Line chart. Cheers Andy Chiccada wrote: > Hello all. > > I am currently developng a Line chart via a pivot table. One thing I have > noticed is that th...

Structured Table Refs in VBA
I'm confused about the relationship between tables (using structured references) and ranges. I can work on individual cells from a table column, similar to working with a range, using- Dim oSh As Worksheet Set oSh = ActiveSheet Dim r As Range For Each r In oSh.Range("MyRange[ColumnName]") r.Value = 10 Next But if I try to create a range object from a table, using any of- r = oSh.Range("MyRange") r = oSh.Range("MyRange[#Data]") r = oSh.Range("MyRange[ rowvariable, [ColumnName]]") I think I am fai...

Best approach? Native Excel pivot for a SQL table
We've researched how to have an Excel pivot table use as its source a table generated by a SQL-based program. There are a number of ways mentioned in the Excel documentation. At least one seem complicated to even test--like having to create a data definition. We're happy to do the work but are unclear which method is best, and whether one or more methods is risky. We first probably will have to create the pivot table using a sample table with the right field names, and then ideally will point it somehow at the real table, which will be on a different system and at a different path....

how do i show text in the data field of a pivot table?
If you put a text field into the data area of a pivot table, it will summarize the field to show a count, instead of showing the text. You can place the text fields in the Row, Column or Page areas, where their text will show. pum75 wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

tables #2
which tables should be deleted for posted trx in all modules. (financial, ap, ar,inventory, fixed assets, sop, pop). thank you .. ...

Old vb6 / mdb app with "Could not delete from specified tables" er
hi all, I am moving an old vb6 application from a W2K to an XP machine. If I run the app from the XP box and with the .mdb file also on the XP box, I get the above error. If I run the app from the XP box but with the .mdb file on the W2K box, I do not get the error. Any idea where I could start with this one? Thanks for any help! The error is "Could not delete from specified tables" Andy "AndyK" wrote: > hi all, I am moving an old vb6 application from a W2K to an XP machine. > > If I run the app from the XP box and with the .mdb...

Default format for tables
Hi, I am using OL2003 and frequently need to enter tables in e-mail composed in HTML. How can I set default parameters for new tables (e.g. no of rows/columns or table borders etc.) such that Insert | New Table would automatically insert a table formatted as per my default settings? Thanks Where are you seeing an Insert | New Table command? The closest thing to that in Outlook is WordMail's Table | Insert command. At that point, you're dealing with Word's defaults and can try the "Remember dimensions for new tables" checkbox. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

How do you change text in a table to "Proper Case"
I have a table and the first column is a name that is in all caps. I need to change to what I know as "Proper Case" where the first letter is caps. Any ideas? Can this be done through the build function? Wm, You could run an update query against the table with StrConv([MyField], 3) Or... just format the field to display that way. Be aware that mcdonlad would yield Mcdonald, not McDonald.-- hthAl Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USAMicrosoft Access MVPhttp://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions"Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day ...

VisaNetAuthorization table cleared
All of the data in the VisaNetAuthorization table for one store was cleared. If I query the table there are no records prior and new entries have started with Sequence Numbers back at 1. This is easy enough to do with a SQL statement, but the store employees and even the accountants don't have the 'sa' password. Is there any way this could have been done accidentally though Manager or a software glitch? ------=_NextPart_0001_9F4EE94B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Jim, Can you please let me know what OS and service pack you are us...

Prevent Collapsing of Pivot Table Rows
I have a pivot table with several text fields included in the Row Labels area. These text fields are 1:1 with the key field of the row so the expanding and collapsing behavior is superfluous. In fact, I do not want the fields to be "collapseable" because if saved in a collapsed stated other users may not realize why other data is not being displayed. Is there a way to control this? I realize that I can use Expand All each time but I would prefer that they not even be given the option of collapsing the field. Answered my own question; didn't look hard enough the first...

"The Pivot Table Name is Not Valid"
I am trying to create a Pivot Table and am getting an error that the pivot table name is not valid and that my data must be organized in columns with headers- I already have the data sorted A to Z in column A with headers... any help? Do you just have one column of data selected? Is there a heading in the first cell in the selected range? SPECTRUM wrote: > I am trying to create a Pivot Table and am getting an error that the pivot > table name is not valid and that my data must be organized in columns with > headers- I already have the data sorted A to Z in column A with header...

Clear all pivot table fields with a Macro
I have a two things I would like to do, ideally with a macro 1. Clear all fields from a pivot table 2. If any of the fields have been filtered - remove the filters I am hoping there is a simple command or two that I have not yet discovered. To put things into perspective: I have multiple pivot tables (all copies of the original table, and each on their own spreadsheet). My plan is to have each table set up for particular queries (that is with different fields and filters). I will then examine the data on each, and sometimes alter the fields as needed. But when I am done I want to press a b...