Manager window navigation

Allow cycling through windows in Manager by pressing Control-`
(control-tilde).

This is incredibly handy in some Microsoft products, but is not consistently
implemented.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0897a8f9-5683-4867-bf65-8c23b7665969&dg=microsoft.public.pos
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Windows update site problems
So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted out? -- Be happy,Strat4axe "stat4axe" <strat4axe@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:36618CFD-EF82-4F82-A7C3-90CF2DDCCEA5@microsoft.com... > So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message > telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new > installation of XP Home),is it me o...

UAC prompt when opening Windows Live Mail
Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to tell it that it is ok for WLM to open so that I don't have to keep clicking on it? Have you toggled on the option for the WLM shortcut(properties/advanced tab) to 'Run as Administrator' in Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, uncheck it. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "myschnucki" <myschnucki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1499C644-21AF-4231-A50E-1C0D885A676E@microsoft.com... > Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to >...

Excel Data appearing in new Pop-up window rather than frameset frame
I have a servlet running in Tomcat that delivers an excel data file, the response content type being set to: "application/vnd.ms-excel" My html page uses a frameset to display (amongst other things) the excel data. The data is displayed on the click of a button and is directed to a particuler frame: <FORM method=post action="servlet/XLDataServlet/data.xls" target="exceldata"> <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Display Excel Data"> </FORM> With Internet Explorer 6.0 the excel data is displayed in the target frame, with Internet Explorer 5.5...

Windows CE and Databases in VS 2005 #2
I want to create a DB app in windows CE. I do not have experience with t CE. Can you still use .cdb files in Windows CE? Or must one use SQL databases? It seems there's not much documentation for this. Any help appreciated!!! TIA b ...

excel windows in taskbar
Is there a way to make the "show windows in taskbar" option a global default for excel? I have to go to Tools>Options>View and check the Windows In Taskbar box every day for every document to make it work. Is there a way to make it stick? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=21581 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com dork What version of Excel? Always good to state the version because some problems are version-specific and trouble-shooting is easier. From a posting by Debra Dalgleish............. There's some information in the following MSKB...

Window "visibility"
I'm trying to create a window that is inherited from CDialog - but I want the window to not only show up under the "Windows" pulldown from the main menu, but also show up as a taskbar item under Windows XP. I'm using Visual Studio 6.0, and can get the first such window to show up as a taskbar item by creating it with a NULL parent. However, every other dialog created (and there are several - all modeless) get tied to the first dialog. Must I resort to using CFormView as the base class? ...

Managing Exchange 2000 with 2003 MMC System Management Tools
Hello, I am currently setting up a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with It management applications, but I found out that Exchange 2000 Systems Management Tools can't be installed on Windows 2003. So I was curious; can you use Exchange 2003 MMC Snapins against a Exchange 2000 server? If so, are there any gotcha's? OR Is it possible to install Exchanage 2000 System Management Tool on a Windows 2003 server - Is there like a work around on this? Help is appreciated. Thanks! I have been using Exchange 2003's ESM MMC snap-in to manage Exchange 2000 servers for some time and I hav...

Comments entered on Task Updates to Manager: Where does it get sto
There is a checkbox option on the My Tasks page for team members to select and send comments about task updates to their managers. Anyone know where these task comments can be reviewed other than when the PM opens it up to approve? It does not seem to be retained anywhere like the Notes get retained. Hi Kahuna, PM can see the comments with Approvals -> Task Updates -> Go To -> Applied Requests and Errors, clicking on the task name. The approval history is listed there including comments. A team member can see them with clicking in the task name in 'My Tasks&#...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...

Windows 7 uninstall
Well, fool that I am sometimes, I bought an upgrade to Windows 7 Professional at Costco to put on my Dell laptop which is running Vista Home Premium. Turns out I can't do the upgrade but can do an install. So I did, turns out that I now have both operating systems running and hardly any room left on partition D. Next step, I think, is to uninstall 7 and rethink the whole thing. I haven't been happy with Vista, makes the laptop run terribly slow, wish I'd gotten XP instead. Dell's answer to me was to buy another computer, running 7. How does one go about...

New Windows Tempalte LIbrary (WTL) 7.1 released
This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows XP and CE. Download links: http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm > This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows > XP and CE. > > Download links: > http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm Wow - intersting way to promote your politicala agenda. Back on topic.. has anyone ever written documentation for WTL? One of the beefs I had about it when tring to use it 3 years ago was the utter lack of documentation. -- Jim Johnson ...

Windows and Mac have two distinctly different units for column width.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to format columns for some data I am entering in a spreadsheet and when I enter &quot;15.00&quot;, which is the required width for these columns given by my professor, I end up with a column 15 inches wide. What I would prefer is for the options to be like the default options in Windows version of Excel. In Windows version of Excel, when you hover over the lines between the columns it gives you two numbers (e.g. 8.43 (64 pixels)). These are the default numbers for column width in Windows Excel....

Activating a window
I need to switch to another application when the user presses a button in my app. I have the app's window handle, so SetForegroundWindow() brings this other app to the forground and I dare say I'll soon find out how to give it the focus as well. BUT, if this other app is minimised, SetForegroundWindow() does nothing. So, I need to determine if it is minimised. To quote on-line help, "The IsIconic function determines whether the specified window is minimized (iconic)". Well, it IS iconic and the func returns FALSE ???????? Alternatively, given that I have the other ...

CEdit in Windows XP
Hello. I have a CWnd derived splash screen containing a CEdit which displays what's happening durings startup. In OnCtlColor I called pDC->SetBkMode to make the edit box transparent. It all worked just fine under NT and 2000 but not under XP. Changing CEdit to CStatic solved the problem, but I'd like to know what's going on here. Is it a bug or a featuren in XP? TIA Maybe some changes in MFCVCRT.dll. Not sure... Ashish "X" <X@X> wrote in message news:07f001c34149$a8ae5040$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello. > > I have a CWnd derived splash screen contai...

Installing mailbox manager in Exch 5.5
I am trying to install Mailbox Manager in Exchange 5.5 and I keep getting the error "unable to install MBClean99 admin extension" during the install. Then the install fails. I cannot get past this. I am logged in as the exch service account and it definately has permissions to write to the "add-ins" directory. I have exch 5.5, sp4 on win2000 member server. thx, Clay Hilton http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843495 On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:42:36 -0500, "Clay Hilton" <chilton@jam.rr.com> wrote: >I am trying to install Mailbox Ma...

How to purge all the Integration Manager log tables?
I went through and purged all the log files from Integration Manager using the procedure outlined in the IM User's Guide. However, after I was finished I looked at the tables in the im.mdb Access database and noticed that the following tables still have quite a few records in them: LogDocumentActivity LogActivity LogDocuments The Log table was empty, which makes sense since I purged all the logs. However, these other tables seem to have retained their records. Is there a way to purge these tables, too? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 B...

Reminders behind other windows
Why do all of my reminders, email notification, etc. popup behind the other windows I have open instead of in front? Thanks ...

Run Windows XP OS from DVD???
I am sick of having to upgrade my anti-virus software every few minutes and still getting virusses I am toying with the idea of removing my hard drives and having a bootable DVD with the WinXPPro on it with only the apps I use installed. Anything I want to save off internet or word processor would be saved to a USB stick. I have 4gB of Ram installed so I would not need a swapfile so the question is this... How do I go about creating a windows Bootable DVD with the software I require installed on it such as the drivers for the USB sticks. I may eventually just have a small...

3D Windows XP screensaver bizarre behavior
I recently downloaded the spiffy "3D Windows XP" screensaver, which is available on microsoft.com in the PowerTools for XP area. (Note, this is not the "Windows XP" screensaver that comes installed with XP.) It works fine on machine A running XP sp3, but does not on another very similar machine B running XP sp2. On machine B I go to the Screensaver tab of the Display Properties window. From there I can select the "3D Windows XP" screensaver and view it flawlessly with the Preview button. However, when I click "Apply" or "OK" ...

How to transfer AutoCorrect entries from Word 2002 for Windows
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, <br><br>I have a friend who has built up a *massive* AutoCorrect file from many years of using Word 2002 on a Windows PC. Most are plain text, but a small number are formatted. He now (thankfully!) has a MacBook with Office 2004 and wants to know how he can move all of his AutoCorrect entries across to work under Word for Mac. I know where the AutoCorrect file is stored on his Mac (in the ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft folder), but it appears to be a completely different format to the corresponding file from his PC. &...

Remake deleted account in Windows Live Mail
Hi, is it possible to remae an acount I have removed from Windows Live Mail ? Or just a possibility to import the emails there was in the 2 account I removed ? I did not think the program would delete the emails, when I removed the account settings. Hope someone can help, as there are some emails I would like to save. Best wishes Steen Did you look on the web access for those accounts to see if the emails are still out there? "steendk" <steendk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:652B3826-1F5C-4309-99DC-7EE579109C44@microsoft.com......

2004 Mac Microsoft Excel: Lost corner! Can shrink the window!!
I am new to Mac, so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I have, it will be appreciated. When I launch Excel, open an existing file by choosing 'open' under 'File' at toolbar, Excel opens up a window to show all the files, folders etc. from my computer HD and extermal HD etc. in one window with the tile 'Open: Microsoft Excel'. Somehow, this winow in my Excel program has corner push down out of screen. Therefore, I can not grab the corner to shrink the window to fit my computer screen. I barely see 'Cancel' and 'Open' icons at the bottom of the...

Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed
Hi! I´ve an appplication which uses transcation in com+ to communicate with an remote sql server database. This works fine on my windows 7 x86 "appserver", but on another station using Windows 7 x64 it fails with the message below. I don´t now if it has something to do with x86, x64. When saving to the database I got: System.Transactions.TransactionManagerCommunicationException was unhandled by user code Message="Communication with the underlying transaction manager has failed." Source="System.Data" StackTrace: at Syst...

Setting Up AOL account in Windows Mail for AOL.com account
I wish to configure my E-Mail Account into Windows Mail for AOL.com account.I wish to know the correct IMAP/POP3 and SMTP details etc. AOL would have that info. These instructions for OE will work for Windows Mail... http://www.postmaster.aol.com/imap/express.html -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "sudhirbanerjee@aol.com" <sudhirbanerjee@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F022D246-F34F-43F0-B732-477E9EE042C6@microsoft.com... > I wish to configure my E-Mail Account into Windows Mail...

Picture manager
when I open some jpeg files the zoom level is at where the entire picture can be viewed on one page, some pictures open a 27% to fit it on one page is it possible to open the picture at 100% at all times. Thanks ...