Making Zero Quantity Items Inactive

Hi all ~

I've loaded 45,000 supplier records in RMS, but only have about 4,000
that are active.

Will the following work for updating all items to inactive that don't
have a quantity on hand?

update item set inactive = 1
where quantity <> 0

What is the implications of making something inactive?  If I make
something inactive, but it's really active with zero quantity, what
happens when the item is scanned or we need to ring up that item?

You help would be appreciated.
0
jerrypenna (71)
7/28/2004 6:14:10 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jerry,

Its more like;

UPDATE item
SET inactive = '1'
WHERE quantity = 0 AND quantitycommitted = 0

To answer the rest of your questions, try it on 1 item and see what happens.
You can always recall it using a #200 wizard.

--
*

"Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message
Hi all ~

I've loaded 45,000 supplier records in RMS, but only have about 4,000
that are active.

Will the following work for updating all items to inactive that don't
have a quantity on hand?

update item set inactive = 1
where quantity <> 0

What is the implications of making something inactive?  If I make
something inactive, but it's really active with zero quantity, what
happens when the item is scanned or we need to ring up that item?

You help would be appreciated.

0
spam3944 (2163)
7/28/2004 8:15:03 PM
Ok - thanks.

What's a #200 Wizard?

"Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Oxz8fAOdEHA.228@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Jerry,
>
> Its more like;
>
> UPDATE item
> SET inactive = '1'
> WHERE quantity = 0 AND quantitycommitted = 0
>
> To answer the rest of your questions, try it on 1 item and see what happens.
> You can always recall it using a #200 wizard.
>
> --
> *
>
> "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi all ~
>
> I've loaded 45,000 supplier records in RMS, but only have about 4,000
> that are active.
>
> Will the following work for updating all items to inactive that don't
> have a quantity on hand?
>
> update item set inactive = 1
> where quantity <> 0
>
> What is the implications of making something inactive?  If I make
> something inactive, but it's really active with zero quantity, what
> happens when the item is scanned or we need to ring up that item?
>
> You help would be appreciated.
0
jerrypenna (71)
7/29/2004 2:24:08 PM
Manager > Wizards > Inventory Wizard > Task 200 - Make Items Active

--
*
Ok - thanks.

What's a #200 Wizard?

"Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Jerry,
>
> Its more like;
>
> UPDATE item
> SET inactive = '1'
> WHERE quantity = 0 AND quantitycommitted = 0
>
> To answer the rest of your questions, try it on 1 item and see what
happens.
> You can always recall it using a #200 wizard.
>
> --
> *
>
> "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi all ~
>
> I've loaded 45,000 supplier records in RMS, but only have about 4,000
> that are active.
>
> Will the following work for updating all items to inactive that don't
> have a quantity on hand?
>
> update item set inactive = 1
> where quantity <> 0
>
> What is the implications of making something inactive?  If I make
> something inactive, but it's really active with zero quantity, what
> happens when the item is scanned or we need to ring up that item?
>
> You help would be appreciated.

0
spam3944 (2163)

Great Plains should allow setting an inactivity timeout
When anyone logged into Great Plains has been inactive for a prespecified period (e.g. 30 minutes) they should be automatically logged out of the application. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGrou...

not wanting #div/0 to chart as zero
Good afternoon, I have several reports, updated monthly, that until that month has passed, contain formulas that return results of #div/0. These reports are all charted and I would not to have the #div/0 not be on the chart as a zero value. My current formula is simple: =sum(d3+g3)/c3 Is there a formula I could use to have this value return as #N/A? Thank you for your time and help! Firstly, I don't understand what you expecting the SUM function to do in your formula. In what way do you intend SUM(D3+G3) to be different from (D3+G3) ? Is there some subtlety of the SUM functi...

Print multiple items
How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. Rick wrote: > How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. Hold down the control key while clicking to select multiple items, just like in Explorer, and then File - Print? -- f.h. Rick, Please enlighten me. Why do so many folks want to print electronic mail? "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17BF6FD0-1EA8-4CBE-A54D-4F67C5A957F2@microsoft.com... > How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. ...

How to make a workflow wait until the next 600AM, or the next Mond
Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific time of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out at 6AM, but I don't care what date, just the next time it's 6AM. As a follow up, how about waiting till Monday if its during a weekend. -- Thanks, Steve Noe, MCBMSP(2xCRM), MCT(CRM), MCTS-SQL www.bizitpro.com On Feb 14, 10:48=A0am, Steve Noe <Steve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific ti= me > of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out a...

how to make cell content to flash
I need content (text) of the cell to flash under certain conditions. I know how to do it in Word, can't find it in Excel. Sorry, Woytek - Excel does not support Animated Text. Regards |:<( "Woytek" wrote: > I need content (text) of the cell to flash under certain conditions. > I know how to do it in Word, can't find it in Excel. It can be done using VBA code but its a really bad idea.It produces jerky unpredictable flashing and while its running nothing at all else can be done until its stopped. Its nothing like the built in function in Word. My advice is to ...

making your own menus on excel?
Is it possible? I'd like to make one where you can open up various submenus, and eventually select an option that has a macro attached....(like eg the 'all programs' menu that branches off the 'start' option on windows. SURELY that's possible! Cheers, Tom -- TAL27 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TAL27's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30145 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498749 Here is an example Option Explicit 'If you put code in th...

Trying to make a duplicate roster with a button.
Previously posted in wrong forum. 'HERE' (http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=265167) Thanks for the help guy -- virte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- virtex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26517 ...

Assembly Item and Departments
We have a golf pro shop in which we have assembly items containing greens fees and cart fees together. But we would like for this assembly item, not the individual items, to show up in particular Department (i.e. Greens Fees) from the Departments Menu from the Store Ops screen. The only thing I can see is adding the individual component items to the department and have them showing up individually. I didn't know if there was something I was overlooking which would allow us to do this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, any other ideas of how to accomplish this...

Keeping Deleted Items Folder Cleaned Up
I'm trying to add a rule that will delete any item over 2 years old in my deleted items folder. The rules wizard only lets me select the inbox. I delete stuff but don't clear deleted box in case I need it later. Is there a way that I could send a deleted email to a temporary folder and have a rule for it to send it to the deleted box and have my deleted box emptied whenever I log out? Thanks for your help, Marw ...

Sent Items freezes
Clicking on the Sent Items folder win Outlook 2002 causes Outlook to lock up, and then display the generic message "Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close". This is the only folder that behaves this way and it is the same whether working on-line or off-line. Any suggestions??? Thanks ...

On Hand Quantity Point in Time
Ok, so I have figured out how to make a crystal report generate a on hand quantity for an item at any given time in the past. I have that now as a sub report and transfered the value in a variable to the main report to to perform other logic tasks but it has some issues. I can not sum or count any calculations for the report in total due to the nature in which the calculations are done so what I really need is someway for the SQL server to provide that answer. That is, given item X and date Y what was the quantity on hand on that day based on the sum of calculations and the adjusted be...

How to make a Sales Process Die?
We had a sales process set up, and then decided it was not what we wanted. I deactivated it, and deleted it in workflow manager. Unfortunately, the opportunities set up under this process cannot be dissassociated form the Sales process, and there doesn't seem to be any way to purge the Sales process from these records. It also causes some strange results on the Opportunity by sales stage reports. Anyone know how to purge a Sales process Completely from the system?? Thanks Only way around this would be to recreate the opportunities. I do not know what affect deleting the sa...

cant copy this items
pls help as i cant copy messsage from one folder to another,TQ ...

How do I make multi column stacked graphs in Excel
-- Ed Hi, See the links on Jon's page for Cluster Stacked charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Ed B wrote: ...

Make outlook default mail client
How do I make sure the Outlook is my default mail client? I'm using Outlook 2000 SR-1 Thanks, Brendan -- Disclaimer: Any comments made are personal and do not reflect the thoughts or policies of this company. Control Panel - Internet Options - Programs - pick Outlook. Brendan MAther wrote: > How do I make sure the Outlook is my default mail client? I'm using > Outlook 2000 SR-1 > > Thanks, > Brendan thankyou "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message news:#D14B8OwDHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP...

Graceful Method Of Making Single Record Non-Editable?
I've got a continuous list subform. One of the rows is identified by !IsBuyDependent=True. I want this row, but none of the others tb non-editable. My best shot so far is: -------------------------------------- Private Sub txtResetDate_Enter() With Me If .txtIsBuyDependent = True Then Beep .txtDummy.SetFocus End If End With End Sub ------------------------------------- Where .txtDummy is an unbound field with .BackStyle and .BorderStyle = Transparent; ..TabStop=False - sitting over top of a percent label on the same line. Screen snap at http://tinyurl.com/37m...

making forms in word
I want to create an application in Word that can be sent to others wherein they can type their answers on the lines provided. Do I make a template? or data entry form? I've not done this type of project before so I need clear direction Thanks Shari H wrote: > I want to create an application in Word that can be sent to others > wherein they can type their answers on the lines provided. Do I make > a template? or data entry form? I've not done this type of project > before so I need clear direction Thanks See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesI...

Problem making versions of a table by changing sourse data in another workbook
Hello How to make a version of a table by changing source data in another workbook and retain original version of the table easily? I lose the original version of the table if I change the source data in the other workbook even if I make a copy of the original table workbook. I have to recreate all links if I make copies of the original table workbook and the source workbook. Hi! Have you tried making a "snapshot" of the worksheet? (Converting the formulae into their values - fixed forever - using copy/paste special values) Just don't do it unless you have a secure copy ...

Field Code For First Item In TOC Per Section
When you insert a Footer, Word has a built in Footer that allows you to automatically reference the first item in that Section that is in the TOC. Example: First Section Title Sub Item1 Sub Item2...... If you highlight "First Section Title" it will appear in the TOC if you use the Add Text and check the required level. It will also automatically appear in your footer. I want to be able to use that capabilty in other parts of my document but can't find a filed code for it. I already looked under Quick Parts->Field but cann...

making changes using VB.NET
Thanks very mach for your help :) Now I have another problem , I have xml database, and need to make changes in specific data. I can successfuly find the wanted node using XmlNodeReader but then I have problem : How can I convert it to the type (xmlWriter or something else) to make the change in the data (for example to change the price of product). Thanks in advance :) -- Message posted via http://www.dotnetmonster.com ...

how to make impossible to select content of textbox?
Hi, i need two textboxes, one for entering and another for confirming an emailaddress. What i want is to make impossible to select the emailaddress in the first textbox in order not to be able to copy it in the second textbox. I'm sure it's possible to do that asp.net (ajax?), but how? Thanks Luc On Mar 1, 10:59=A0pm, "Luc" <qc...@qscqs.fr> wrote: > Hi, > > i need two textboxes, one for entering and another for confirming an > emailaddress. > > What i want is to make impossible to select the emailaddress in the first > t...

Using Special Folders for Sent Items like OE
Outlook Express 6.0 allows you to store 'sent' item on the server if you are set up to use IMAP services (advanced tab/special folders. Does Outlook 2003 offer same function? I want to be able to share my sent items with my colleagues when I am on the road. Thanks for any help available. -- Peter S. PeterS <peter.sullivan@accurate-fasteners.com> wrote: > Outlook Express 6.0 allows you to store 'sent' item on the server if > you are set up to use IMAP services (advanced tab/special folders. > Does Outlook 2003 offer same function? No. Your Sent Items folder ...

New sp2 for exchnage makes owa clear the session
We have an ssl site that has a link to owa in it. The users login to the site at the applicatuion level. They have an AD account and that AD name/password is stored in our db so when they click on a link it can automatically select that data from the db and log them into an owa page popup. They do not know their AD account info as its just for mail access. This works fine but since the new sp2 for exchnage was applied, logging out of owa clears the session and also logs them out of our website. So when they logout of mail and try to go to another page on the site they are redirected to the mai...

Item Reports
Version 2.0.0110 I frequently need a item quantity report of all of the members of a matrix item. I can produce a list using SQL in the Administrator, but this is a fairly complex query. It would be very convienient to have a preformatted report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Inactive Exchange Users
Hi, I have some users who have left our organization, I want their mailbox to be assessable [to other users who have these users username and password] but them not to be able to receive new emails. How can I achieve that? Thanks On 21 Mrz., 14:12, Vishal <Vis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have some users who have left our organization, I want their mailbox to be > assessable [to other users who have these users username and password] but > them not to be able to receive new emails. > > How can I achieve that? > > Thanks Hi Vishal, ...