making items available on website

Is there a way to 'make items available on the website' other than going
into each items properties under the Options Tab and checking the box? I
would like to make quite a few items available at one time if possible.
Thanks for any help.
Craig

0
craig6967 (916)
12/15/2006 9:35:09 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0465_01C72051.D97BD680

Craig,

Backup first!!

This will set _all_ items as available for web sales except those that =
are marked inactive.

UPDATE Item
SET WebItem =3D 1 WHERE Inactive =3D 0

Otherwise, if only doing some items, you need to set a criteria for =
which items.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message =
  Is there a way to 'make items available on the website' other than =
going=20
  into each items properties under the Options Tab and checking the box? =
I=20
  would like to make quite a few items available at one time if =
possible.=20
  Thanks for any help.
  Craig=20

------=_NextPart_000_0465_01C72051.D97BD680

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Craig,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Backup first!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>This will set _all_ items as available for =
web sales=20
except those that are marked inactive.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>UPDATE Item</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>SET WebItem =3D 1 WHERE&nbsp;Inactive =3D =
0</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><FONT =
color=3D#008000></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Otherwise, if only doing some items, you need =
to set a=20
criteria for which items.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment(s).&nbsp; If you are not =
using a=20
reader, follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click =
on "Open=20
with newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the =
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Craig" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com">craig@cctropicalparadise=
pets.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:uOTnnDJIHHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl">news:uOTnnDJIHHA.3668=
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>Is=20
  there a way to 'make items available on the website' other than going =
<BR>into=20
  each items properties under the Options Tab and checking the box? I =
<BR>would=20
  like to make quite a few items available at one time if possible. =
<BR>Thanks=20
  for any help.<BR>Craig <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0465_01C72051.D97BD680--

0
cptsoft (1248)
12/15/2006 10:03:51 PM
Criag

The SQL statement suggested should be executed through SO
Adminstrator...

This should work with whatever eCommerce product you are using since
they should all use the RMS SQL tables.

Plug: If you had been using NitroSell eCommerce there is a 'block fill'
tool that does all of this for you and 1001 other things at the same
time - stitching data together, fill one field with another's data,
etc.
So, ABH Development, you can strike NitroSell off the list of probable
eCommerce solutions that Craig is using!  ;o)

Craig wrote:
> Is there a way to 'make items available on the website' other than going
> into each items properties under the Options Tab and checking the box? I
> would like to make quite a few items available at one time if possible.
> Thanks for any help.
> Craig

Craig there are only a few RMS eCommerce solutions out there and you'll
have to decide what's best for you.  You can do a search within this
news group for RMS eCommerce and study up a bit.  Here is a link you
can start with.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.pos/browse_thread/thread/1bc8b18e1f136d3d/6706da2449a75948?lnk=gst&q=rms+ecommerce&rnum=1#6706da2449a75948

Kosmos Central has a great solution that integrates with RMS, you can
read about it here:
http://www.kosmoscentral.com/ecommerce/rms-shopping-cart/

Kosmos RMS eCommerce Solution:
1) Complete ownership
2) Portability to any hosted server
3) Online stores 100% customizable
4) Gift Card Gateway Capability
5) X-Cart Compatibility http://www.x-cart.com - over 1 million shopping
carts sold.
6) Web Integrator 2.3 (supports RMS Headquarters: ship from one
location)
7) Froogle Module available for automatic uploads
8) RMS Newsletter Management Integration
10) Automatic Scheduled Downloading of Orders to RMS
11) SSL and Payment Gateway
12) Best Seller and Featured Categories Options
13) Advanced Shipping Options
14) No incidental per item costs; unlimited items, no hidden fees.
15) Hosting: Unlimited emails, webmail access, webmaster tools

Coming Soon:
RMS OSCommerce Solution
Web Integrator 3.0 (ship from any location with RMS HQ)

Alex

ABH - you can scratch Kosmos off the list as well...  For a full list
of competitors, just e-mail me direct and I will furnish you with my
list.

Does anyone else want to slip in a bit of blatant advertising before we
start the New Year?  As well as listing features, we could all start
listing the exhibitions and shows we are going to attend over 2007 and
then Craig can come and find out if he really wants to replace the
solution that he is already putting together.  The other option is to
arrange a football game where each company gets to field their own team
- winner gets to pitch their sales spiel to Craig without interruption!
 :D

Happy New Year to you all!

Dominic

Dominic if you have such a killer list why don't you post it?  Seems
like you're biased to Nitrocell.  I've been doing some research and
there seems to be only 3 proven RMS eCommerce solutions out there.

1) Kosmos Central (100% owned, 100% Portable to any server, 100%
modifiable, 0% tiered fees - unlimited products)
2) Nitrocell (0% Portable, 0% owned and very difficult to customize,
plenty of fees based on qty of products)
3) Store Front. (0% owned, 0% portable and you have to pull teach to
make modifications, pricing structure also based on the number of
products)

Nitrocell has a great reseller plan and I would assume you're a
reseller because they are padding your wallet with re-occurring income.
 Since Kosmos customers own their product 100% and can host anywhere
they can't offer re-occurring, and their solution is the most cost
effective.  Store Front also has a reseller plan, but since their
service is terrible I'm not even considering it.

Just review all the posts here and you'll see what's available.

Where's your list?  If you have one, please post it because the
community would like to know.  I have not made my decision yet and
would like to know what other proven options are out there.

0
nick4754 (3)
12/21/2006 11:02:32 PM
Hi Nick

Yes, I am biased towards NitroSell - just look at my e-mail address.  I
also have 160+ dealers who are also biased towards NitroSell - they too
have done their research and have come to the same conclusion.  First
off, let's correct your stats on NitroSell...

They should read:
   only 15 minutes to setup for an inexperienced user
   easy to customise if you have web developer skills
   fees NOT based on qty of products
   images automatically re-sized for you
   extend the RMS database to include additional fields to suit your
business
   increases page ranking because you are part of the NitroSell
community
   excellent search engine optimization - to get business through your
door
   hourly sync with your RMS database
   fully managed service - no servers to buy, no servers to fail, no
maintenance callouts, no reliance on a single ISP to deliver 24/7
shopping
   100% portable means 100% YOUR problem if anything goes wrong
   100% owned means that you don't get free updates for web and back
office functionality

So, to answer your other points...
   Yes, NitroSell have a great reseller plan - 160+ trained resellers
able to assist you with
       RMS issue
       enhancing your solution beyond the basics
       web design
       web optimisation.
       advise on getting more customers to your site
   If all you want is a web presence, there are plenty of choices.
Lets face it, you could open a bricks and mortar store anywhere you
choose but a good location makes all the difference to sales!  The same
goes for webstores - if you want a business that will grow and become
more successful the choice is a LOT smaller.

   You've looked at cost effective solutions, presumably just at the
costs...  What about the revenue that you could generate?  We have
customers who will quote revenue up 300% and December sales up %120.
We also have customers who have ditched their old web solution to join
NitroSell because they weren't getting the level of business they had
expected.

   Surely a critical issue here is that this is your opportunity to
compete with YOUR competitors on a level playing field!  Webstores
level the field and if you check out the stats on shopper expectation,
you will see that speed, quality and reliability are top of the list of
reasons why goods sites are good sites...

   Now comes the punch...  you say "Proven options".  There I am at a
loss.  The list even seems to be shrinking since one of our old
'competitors' have now chosen to sell our product instead of their own!
 Unproven eCommerce is simple, how many of them can integrate properly
and give you a service worthy of a retail business is another question
for another thread maybe?

   I'm going to be on a stand at the NRF show in January, why not come
along and we can discuss the points in more detail?

Seasons Greetings

Dominic

Dominic can you give me examples of sites that are using your solution
and have good Search Engine Marketing and are using your services?
What are they exactly?  And why does being part of the Nitrosell
community increase page ranking?

Dominic wrote:
> [...]
> expected.
>
>    Surely a critical issue here is that this is your opportunity to
> compete with YOUR competitors on a level playing field!  Webstores
> level the field and if you check out the stats on shopper expectation,
> you will see that speed, quality and reliability are top of the list of
> reasons why goods sites are good sites...
>
>    Now comes the punch...  you say "Proven options".  There I am at a
> loss.  The list even seems to be shrinking since one of our old
> 'competitors' have now chosen to sell our product instead of their own!
>  Unproven eCommerce is simple, how many of them can integrate properly
> and give you a service worthy of a retail business is another question
> for another thread maybe?
>
>    I'm going to be on a stand at the NRF show in January, why not come
> along and we can discuss the points in more detail?

0
nick4754 (3)
12/27/2006 8:44:09 PM
Please further explain:

"6) Web Integrator 2.3 (supports RMS Headquarters: ship from one
location)"

Does this mean that all of my web orders would need to ship from the same
location? For  example, what happens when location A is out of stock, but
Location B has inventory? I need to be able to either ship from any location
or allow the customer to select store location for pickup.

I'm not clear on what the HQ part does.

<kosmoscentral@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Craig wrote:
>> Is there a way to 'make items available on the website' other than going
>> into each items properties under the Options Tab and checking the box? I
>> would like to make quite a few items available at one time if possible.
>> Thanks for any help.
>> Craig
>
> Craig there are only a few RMS eCommerce solutions out there and you'll
> have to decide what's best for you.  You can do a search within this
> news group for RMS eCommerce and study up a bit.  Here is a link you
> can start with.
> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.pos/browse_thread/thread/1bc8b18e1f136d3d/6706da2449a75948?lnk=gst&q=rms+ecommerce&rnum=1#6706da2449a75948
>

> Kosmos Central has a great solution that integrates with RMS, you can
> read about it here:
> http://www.kosmoscentral.com/ecommerce/rms-shopping-cart/
>
> Kosmos RMS eCommerce Solution:
> 1) Complete ownership
> 2) Portability to any hosted server
> 3) Online stores 100% customizable
> 4) Gift Card Gateway Capability
> 5) X-Cart Compatibility http://www.x-cart.com - over 1 million shopping
> carts sold.
> 6) Web Integrator 2.3 (supports RMS Headquarters: ship from one
> location)
> 7) Froogle Module available for automatic uploads
> 8) RMS Newsletter Management Integration
> 10) Automatic Scheduled Downloading of Orders to RMS
> 11) SSL and Payment Gateway
> 12) Best Seller and Featured Categories Options
> 13) Advanced Shipping Options
> 14) No incidental per item costs; unlimited items, no hidden fees.
> 15) Hosting: Unlimited emails, webmail access, webmaster tools
>
> Coming Soon:
> RMS OSCommerce Solution
> Web Integrator 3.0 (ship from any location with RMS HQ)
>

> Alex

0
jason2290 (135)
12/27/2006 11:12:55 PM
Jason, with the current version of WI 2.3, all orders would be
delivered to one store location or a shipping warehouse.  That store
manager then would have to decide if he or she needs to do a transfer
request to another location to process the order via RMS.  We are also
looking into a new design model for the next version of WI and the
Kosmos Web Service, that will allow orders to be downloaded to the
nearest store based on the zip code.

Alex
KosmosCentral.com

Please don't go the Zip Code route. We aren't all in the gool ole' USA, you
know.

That does not seem like a practical and flexible route.

Jason

> Jason, with the current version of WI 2.3, all orders would be
> delivered to one store location or a shipping warehouse.  That store
> manager then would have to decide if he or she needs to do a transfer
> request to another location to process the order via RMS.  We are also
> looking into a new design model for the next version of WI and the
> Kosmos Web Service, that will allow orders to be downloaded to the
> nearest store based on the zip code.
>
> Alex
> KosmosCentral.com

0
jason2290 (135)
12/28/2006 9:32:54 PM
Hi Nick

Just visit www.nitrosell.com and go to the showcase pages.  You will
see a range of store type there.  Take "Amazing Grapes Wine Store" as
an example and you will that their page ranking of 5 matches that of
NitroSell's.  They are an established customer and over the months (as
with other NitroSell businesses), their ranking has increased.  Tiny
Living is another client that still has a ranking of 0 but they are a
brand new store and it will take a while for their ranking to build.

Back to the point - check out any of www.amazinggrapeswinestore.com
products and then search for them through Google.  I've just taken the
first one I came to...

"Terrazas 2004 De Los Andes Chardonnay"
this puts them at the top of the Google search, but
"Terrazas 2004 chardonnay"
puts them in second place but the no.1 slot isn't a shopping site and
"Terrazas 2004"
still puts them on the first page, albeit near the bottom

Also, check out www.cycelways.com - I tried a "Hollywood 3 Bike Rack"
and a "Deuter Cross Bike Pack" and they both came up as no.1...

The SEO is handled as standard by NitroSell.  We advise our clients on
how best to market their products for the web but also have a number of
"tricks" that we use to ensure that you get as far up the searches as
is possible.
Happy New Year

Dominic

Dominic

I looked up 'Terrazas 2004 De Los Andes Chardonnay' and wasn't able to
find anything on Google at all.  My self as a consumer I'm not going to
put obscure unique names in a search and would probably locate more
generic competitive terms like 'Terrazas 2004 (other year...) and
hopefully I'd run across a professional looking site.  Cycle ways did
come up though.  I'm concerned about your TRICKS, because using any
sort of tactic not accepted by a search engine will get you banned when
caught.

When you state Nitrosell's solution includes SEO, what does that
entail?

1)	Optimization of products?
2)	Links Management Campaign?
3)	Site Maps in XML and HTML?
4)	Froogle submissions?
5)	Search Engine Submissions?
6)	Keyword Ranking Reports?
7)	Paid Link and Banner Campaigns?

What exactly am I getting with your solution and how much?

Nick

0
nick4754 (3)
1/2/2007 6:15:31 PM
Hi Nick

Yes, I agree that you wouldn't put "obscure descriptions" in to a
search engine - that's why I listed 3 different search strings for the
same product.

We don't use search engine unfriendly 'tricks'.  The point is that I
have no intention of describing all of our methods on an open forum.
NitroSell have been providing webstore solutions for a number of years
now and we don't use cheats to push you up the ranking - we do however
know how to produce a technically competent product that helps increase
SEO and how to advise our clients on what they can do as well...

To answer some of your points specifically, we manage areas such as
Google Analystics, Site Maps and Google Base (Froogle) submissions
directly on behalf of our clients but leave Ad Words and banners for
them to decide on for themselves.

Please e-mail me directly with your details if you would like one of
the sales team to give you a call...  dominic.frazer@nitrosell.com

Happy New Year

Dominic

Im a web application developer (13 years web development experience) who
wants to integrate RMS into an existing CMS. All Ive read in lots of threads
is sales crap and no real technical information or solutions.

I havent seen the RMS backend yet, are the db tables exposed, are there
stored procs that can be used or not, and/or is there a decent api that can
be used.

Im integrating it into a ColdFusion CMS on Windows using MSSQL 2005 so wont
be using php or mysql.

Hope I can get some real information, not sales BS.

"Dominic" wrote:

> Hi Nick
>
> Yes, I agree that you wouldn't put "obscure descriptions" in to a
> search engine - that's why I listed 3 different search strings for the
> same product.
>
> We don't use search engine unfriendly 'tricks'.  The point is that I
> have no intention of describing all of our methods on an open forum.
> NitroSell have been providing webstore solutions for a number of years
> now and we don't use cheats to push you up the ranking - we do however
> know how to produce a technically competent product that helps increase
> SEO and how to advise our clients on what they can do as well...
>
> To answer some of your points specifically, we manage areas such as
> Google Analystics, Site Maps and Google Base (Froogle) submissions
> directly on behalf of our clients but leave Ad Words and banners for
> them to decide on for themselves.
>
> Please e-mail me directly with your details if you would like one of
> the sales team to give you a call...  dominic.frazer@nitrosell.com
>
> Happy New Year
>
> Dominic

0
Jason4159 (666)
2/24/2007 12:31:08 PM
On Feb 24, 4:31 am, Jason <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Im a web application developer (13 years web development experience) who
> wants to integrate RMS into an existing CMS. All Ive read in lots of threads
> is sales crap and no real technical information or solutions.
>
> I havent seen the RMS backend yet, are the db tables exposed, are there
> stored procs that can be used or not, and/or is there a decent api that can
> be used.
>
> Im integrating it into a ColdFusion CMS on Windows using MSSQL 2005 so wont
> be using php or mysql.
>
> Hope I can get some real information, not sales BS.
>
> "Dominic" wrote:
> > Hi Nick
>
> > Yes, I agree that you wouldn't put "obscure descriptions" in to a
> > search engine - that's why I listed 3 different search strings for the
> > same product.
>
> > We don't use search engine unfriendly 'tricks'.  The point is that I
> > have no intention of describing all of our methods on an open forum.
> > NitroSell have been providing webstore solutions for a number of years
> > now and we don't use cheats to push you up the ranking - we do however
> > know how to produce a technically competent product that helps increase
> > SEO and how to advise our clients on what they can do as well...
>
> > To answer some of your points specifically, we manage areas such as
> > Google Analystics, Site Maps and Google Base (Froogle) submissions
> > directly on behalf of our clients but leave Ad Words and banners for
> > them to decide on for themselves.
>
> > Please e-mail me directly with your details if you would like one of
> > the sales team to give you a call...  dominic.fra...@nitrosell.com
>
> > Happy New Year
>
> > Dominic

There is no info available on this subject from MS...those who have
integrated with it do it directly through SQL I'd say...there is an
XML document that discusses how to integrate the inventory and pull
orders down to POS (via the Exchange table) but that's about it...I
have not ever seen this document myself, but I understand it's pretty
skeletal...You will basically have to come up with your own
integration if you want to do anything more than that...Indeed that's
what we did with NSc Commerce.

Regards,
Todd Jensen
NitroSell

0
geoff1804 (4)
2/26/2007 6:28:22 PM
Thanks, I was hoping there would be an OBDC driver like MYOB POS solution,
but that may come in the future I guess.

"geoff@molehillapparel.com" wrote:

> On Feb 24, 4:31 am, Jason <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Im a web application developer (13 years web development experience) who
> > wants to integrate RMS into an existing CMS. All Ive read in lots of threads
> > is sales crap and no real technical information or solutions.
> >
> > I havent seen the RMS backend yet, are the db tables exposed, are there
> > stored procs that can be used or not, and/or is there a decent api that can
> > be used.
> >
> > Im integrating it into a ColdFusion CMS on Windows using MSSQL 2005 so wont
> > be using php or mysql.
> >
> > Hope I can get some real information, not sales BS.
> >
> > "Dominic" wrote:
> > > Hi Nick
> >
> > > Yes, I agree that you wouldn't put "obscure descriptions" in to a
> > > search engine - that's why I listed 3 different search strings for the
> > > same product.
> >
> > > We don't use search engine unfriendly 'tricks'.  The point is that I
> > > have no intention of describing all of our methods on an open forum.
> > > NitroSell have been providing webstore solutions for a number of years
> > > now and we don't use cheats to push you up the ranking - we do however
> > > know how to produce a technically competent product that helps increase
> > > SEO and how to advise our clients on what they can do as well...
> >
> > > To answer some of your points specifically, we manage areas such as
> > > Google Analystics, Site Maps and Google Base (Froogle) submissions
> > > directly on behalf of our clients but leave Ad Words and banners for
> > > them to decide on for themselves.
> >
> > > Please e-mail me directly with your details if you would like one of
> > > the sales team to give you a call...  dominic.fra...@nitrosell.com
> >
> > > Happy New Year
> >
> > > Dominic
>
> There is no info available on this subject from MS...those who have
> integrated with it do it directly through SQL I'd say...there is an
> XML document that discusses how to integrate the inventory and pull
> orders down to POS (via the Exchange table) but that's about it...I
> have not ever seen this document myself, but I understand it's pretty
> skeletal...You will basically have to come up with your own
> integration if you want to do anything more than that...Indeed that's
> what we did with NSc Commerce.
>
> Regards,
> Todd Jensen
> NitroSell

0
Jason4159 (666)
2/27/2007 2:26:18 AM
Jason

If you can program in SQL, you shouldn't need an ODBC driver. The big
problem is understanding all of the RMS fields and how they work in
all conditions.

Like Todd, as far as I know there isn't a 'how to integrate your
webstore to RMS' style document.  Your best bet is probably to get
hold of a copy and test each condition that you want to create a web
component for.

The blatant sales pitch on this, is that there are a few engines to
drive RMS data on to the web, maybe you should look at those and
concentrate on the HTML/presentation side of the webstore?  From
NitroSell's corner, we have plenty of freelance opportunities for
proven HTML web designers working with our engine...

Dominic