Lookup code working in RMS

Hi all,

I m going to implement SO in Garments store.They are already using Look up
code.
Let me explain how they r.
Here is the look up code example:
12122 0202 101

The first 5 digits represent item code, 2nd represent color code, 3
represent fabric code.How RMS can handle this look up code.can any1 explain
me??We have Deparment & category in item maintenance form.I guess we have to
make setups for COLOR & FABRIC .
wat would u suggest?

--
With Regards
Junaid Idrees

RMS will accept practically any ILC up to 25 characters.

The example you provided would be a completely acceptable Item Lookup Code
for RMS.  I would recommend a - or / instead of a space.  Like this:
12122/0202-101

You may want to look into Matrix Items.  I haven't used matrix items myself,
but every matrix item example I've ever seen was for garments of some sort.
Hopefully someone with some matrix item experience will offer some advice.

Tom

"Junaid Idrees" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I m going to implement SO in Garments store.They are already using Look up
> code.
> Let me explain how they r.
> Here is the look up code example:
> 12122 0202 101
>
> The first 5 digits represent item code, 2nd represent color code, 3
> represent fabric code.How RMS can handle this look up code.can any1 explain
> me??We have Deparment & category in item maintenance form.I guess we have to
> make setups for COLOR & FABRIC .
> wat would u suggest?
>
> --
> With Regards
> Junaid Idrees
> Associate Project Manager
> Enterprise Business Solutions
> 4th Floor mehdi towers,shahra-e-faisal karachi,Pakistan.
> 092-021-4392536
0
tomg2938 (389)
8/3/2006 12:04:01 AM
If you use the RR Fashion Bundle that has an item creation Matrix all this
and more is handled.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = =
"Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I m going to implement SO in Garments store.They are already using Look up
> code.
> Let me explain how they r.
> Here is the look up code example:
> 12122 0202 101
>
> The first 5 digits represent item code, 2nd represent color code, 3
> represent fabric code.How RMS can handle this look up code.can any1
> explain
> me??We have Deparment & category in item maintenance form.I guess we have
> make setups for COLOR & FABRIC .
> wat would u suggest?
>
> --
> With Regards
> Junaid Idrees
> Associate Project Manager
> Enterprise Business Solutions
> 4th Floor mehdi towers,shahra-e-faisal karachi,Pakistan.
> 092-021-4392536

0
afshin (783)
8/5/2006 11:32:53 AM
If you want to automate this numbering scheme take a look at our Matrix
Master add-in for RMS.

12122 could be the user-defined style code from the manufacturer.
0202 could be the color code (or you can assign an abbrev).
101 coud be the fabric code (or you can assign an abbrev).
You would save the color codes and fabric codes in a style sheet by
supplier. This style sheet can be used over and over to quickly add items
and number them. Whenever you need to add a new item from that supplier,
select which colors and fabrics the item comes in, insert the style code and
model name, and your item descriptions and lookup codes will be generated
automatically.

Watch this short example of a shoe item being created.
http://www.digitalretailer.com/DEMOS/PowerOpsCustomILCMatrix.htm

Contact your RMS reseller for more information.
Resellers should contact our sales office.

Greg
Digital Retail Solutions
www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins

"Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I m going to implement SO in Garments store.They are already using Look up
> code.
> Let me explain how they r.
> Here is the look up code example:
> 12122 0202 101
>
> The first 5 digits represent item code, 2nd represent color code, 3
> represent fabric code.How RMS can handle this look up code.can any1
> explain
> me??We have Deparment & category in item maintenance form.I guess we have
> make setups for COLOR & FABRIC .
> wat would u suggest?
>
> --
> With Regards
> Junaid Idrees
> Associate Project Manager
> Enterprise Business Solutions
> 4th Floor mehdi towers,shahra-e-faisal karachi,Pakistan.
> 092-021-4392536

0
support7094 (156)

HELP: how to locate objects on userform from VBA code
Hi All, How do I locate objects on userform based on the VBA code? For eg: I have some events like StudentYes_Click and StudentNo_Click in the VBAProject and there is some code in those events. I tried Debug --> Compile but didnt get any compile errors. So I am assuming I have those two radio buttons somewhere on the userform, But I am not able to find them. Is there a way to resolve this? how do I find those two radio buttons? Thanks in advance In the Visual Basic Editor (VBE), open the form. Select F4 to view the Propeties Window. Left-click anywhere within the form....

Lookup Problem (I think)
My workbook has a worksheet for each of 8 members of staff. Eac Worksheet has 4 columns, each with three rows beneath. At the head o each column is entered a job number (row 1). Employers may work on u to four jobs at a time. And any of the 8 employers may be involved i an other job. Underneath the job number the employer is required t enter their time details. The first row (Row 2) is Travelling Time the second (Row 3) is time on that job. Row 4 is just a total of the above it. I need a function that will lookup all of the worksheets for a jo number and return the total of hours work...

outlook web access won't work for one mailbox....
am experiencing a very strange problem: one user can't logon to outlook web access on an exchange 5.5 server.....all other users can. Is there a way to block access to user's mailboxes on an individual basis? Just wondering if a previous administrator did so.The message is "failed to connect to the Microsoft Exchange Server, Main_PDC." Thanks in advance for any help. Tony "tony" <tony@netcorp.com> wrote: >am experiencing a very strange problem: one user can't logon to outlook >web access on an exchange 5.5 server.....all other users can....

formula doesn't work
Hi, I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the numbers. I try to enter a formula into column D, it keeps give me C1/B1*100 in cell D1. Why it won't give me the numbers in D1? Is this my Exel's setting problem? -- JJ Hi JJ Instead of C1/B1*100 try =C1/B1*100 HTH. Best wishes Harald "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:50C9EF25-AFA5-4397-B01C-83E2B49DC6B1@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am using window XP, have column B, C and D. Cell C1 and B1 are the numbers. > I try to enter a formula into column D, it kee...

Protect Code
I understand it is difficult to protect vba code. What Im looking for is all possible methods that could be used to make it very difficult to access the VBA code. I plan on releasing a template as trialware and plan on using various protection. I am intrested in any methods that can slow the process or create obsticles to prevent the changing of code. Hi with VBA: no real way to protect it. Nearly everything can be circumvented in a couple of minutes. Only secure solution: Use COM addins (created with VB or another programming language) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "...

The links in emails do not work in outlook 2000 ? Any Ideas ?
Can anyone suggest how i fix this problem. Basically when i open an email with a link in it either to open another website or whatever when i clivk the link nothing happends. Do you know how i activate the links ???? try IE's tools, options, programs - reset weblinks. -- "ddanmale" <ddanmale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:837E8B87-10FA-4DF0-9ECB-41A5129E8DCC@microsoft.com... > Can anyone suggest how i fix this problem. Basically when i open an email > with a link in it either to open another website or whatever when i clivk > the > link...

Dynamics RMS 2.0 negative items
When I send items to the Stores from HQ the first day it shows the right quantity...buet after few days the quantity goes to negative....We check out Worksheets and we cant see any error. How we can track and solve this problem ? The Item Movement History report is a good tool for figureing this out. When you run the report for a single item model without the date filter, the sum of the items moved should equal the current stock status. "Prometeus68" wrote: > When I send items to the Stores from HQ the first day it shows the right > quantity...buet after few days the ...

Working with cell borders
I'm trying to have a vertical inside border in one cell, and that choice does not seem to be available, i.e., it's grayed out on the borders box. Why is this? On 21 Jan, 13:26, neppyworker <neppywor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to have a vertical inside border in one cell, and that choice does > not seem to be available, i.e., it's grayed out on the borders box. Why is > this? The inside border option refers to when you are working with a range of cells. If you selected A1:B3, and chose the inside border option, the broder wou...

Hyperlinks not working in Outlook express
Hyperlinks are not working when clicking on them , while MS Explorer is opened. However if MS Explorer is not open, Outlook express will succesfully launch MS Explorer and go to the requested Hyperlink. I use Windows XP and have SP2 installed. LostInCyberspace wrote: > Hyperlinks are not working when clicking on them , while MS Explorer is > opened. However if MS Explorer is not open, Outlook express will succesfully > launch MS Explorer and go to the requested Hyperlink. > > I use Windows XP and have SP2 installed. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/20...

SSL protection won't work with other than port 25
Hi, We have problems with secured smtp connections. ISPs in Finland block port 25 to outside smtp server, so we are using port 7725 as secondary port to smtp. I made proper configurations to smtp virtual server so that it listens also 7725. This configuration works when I dont' user secured connections, but when I enable ssl protection in outlook it doesn't work, port 25 works same time as it should. I tried to test smtp with telnet to port 7725 and it responded fine if ssl wasn't required (and I could sent mails), and if I put ssl required mode on, it asked starttls as it...

Lookup file with relative pathname
My formulas such as VLOOKUP refer to cells in other workbook files. Excel automatically uses the "hardcoded" absolute pathnames to these files. I need to use a relative pathname so that the set of workbooks are portable. For example, where I currently have vlookup(A1,'N:\Groupname\projectA\workbook.xls'!B1:B10,1) I want vlookup(A1,'..\workbook.xls'!B1:B10,1) Is this possible? Can you use something like the Path property to retrieve the full path of the current workbook then use this to construct the hard-coded pathname? I'm not sure how to create the path...

RMS 2.0 Matrix Problem ( its Urgent please help me )
hai I just installed RMS 2.0 , I am encountering a problem at the time of create components by filter in matrix item . For example : we have five colours and five sizes in the matrix . but the item we have only in two colours for choosing the colour ,we are using filter option to filter it . after filtering we can see the filtered colours and sizes . but at the time of saving . it will create the item in all the colurs and sizes we have mentioned dimension . i think the filter option is not working my RMS Ver 2.0 build is 2.0109 Please help ame hi Vijay, just to clear your ...

Preventing Work Offline in Outlook 2003
Hi all, Just enquiring whether it's possible via setting or policy to enforce the removal of Work Offline from the File menu in Outlook... Why would I wish to do this? I've recently migrated an office of 50/60 year olds from Groupwise to Exchange and they keep changing the setting on me!!! Thanks in advance, Adam Smith Work offline works great when you have network connectivity problems. People can read and respond to mail received prior to the problem and thereby cut down their "down" time while off the network. It also works great when using Outlook on a laptop ...

search not working
Hi I just did a new install xp pro sp2 and the search in start is not working it is there to click on but nothing happens when I click on it the search works ok in folders .. Everything else seems ok. Thank you for any help Bob C Was Norton or McAfee pre-installed? http://my.opera.com/rejzor/blog/removal-tools-for-norton-and-mcafee-security-programs "BOB" <marcasp@webtv.net> wrote in message news:27806-4C0D3475-10492@storefull-3253.bay.webtv.net... > Hi I just did a new install xp pro sp2 and the search in start is not > working it is there to click...

My page up and page down keys don't work
My page up and page down keys don't work Thanks, -Paul Paul Excel specific or just don't work? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Paul Pruchnik" <prpruchnik@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:10js5ukogph902@corp.supernews.com... > My page up and page down keys don't work > > Thanks, > > -Paul > > Paul "Don't work" is a little short on descriptive text but..... Perhaps Tools>Options>Transition unchecking "Transition navigation keys" may...

How to do a work graph in MS Excel?
How do give single letters numerical equivalent? (MS Excel) im trying to do a work graph. I have filled some cols and rows like that Example: | Date | | Date | | Date | | Date | {etc} |Working hours Name 1.th june 2.th june 3.th june 4.th june {etc} | Peter J J G - | as in example J means 8 working hours, G means 6 working hours and - means a day off. At the end should be some formula which sums all the working days to exact hours...

I need help with this Code
I got this code from a web site, and it look pretty simple and straight forward but it is not working. And I can't figure out what the problem is. Me.lblGreeting.Caption is not displaying anything even though its enabled and visible properties are set to Yes. Help please. Private Sub Form_Load() Dim timeofDay as Variant, strGreString as String If timeofDay > "00:00:00 AM" And timeofDay < "12:00:00 PM" Then strGreeting= "Good Morning ..." If timeofDay > "12:00:01 PM" And timeofDay < "5:00:00 PM" Then strGreeting= "Goo...

Opening Microsoft works files with excel
I recently recieved a microsoft works (.wks) file from a client and could not get it to open using excel. How should I tell him to save the file so that excel will recognize his spread sheet? He can save it as an Excel file, which you'll be able to open. Or, he can save it in Works for Windows 2.0 format. Don wrote: > I recently recieved a microsoft works (.wks) file from a > client and could not get it to open using excel. > How should I tell him to save the file so that excel will > recognize his spread sheet? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List htt...

RMS Updates and Upgrades
I've looked everywhere and can't find where to download the latest updates and upgrades for RMS or where to check to see what the latest ones are...I'm running RMS SP2 but wasn't sure if there was anything later that has come out...thanks in advance! David, The information you seek is on the Partner Source site. https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/ Pat "David" wrote: > I've looked everywhere and can't find where to download the latest updates > and upgrades for RMS or where to check to see what the latest ones are...I&...

Code execution has been interrupted (Excel 2003)
Macro used to work fine on Excel 2002. Macro processes a few rows at the time instead of all the data rows at once. You can manually complete the execution of the macro with no errors. ...

Exchange 2003 mailbox store limits are not working
I set up a mailbox size limit in the properties of the mailbox store on my microsoft exchange 2003 server that dictates users beyond the limit are prevented from sending mail. Users with twice that much mail can still send. Although they receive the warnings o.k. they are not prevented from sending...does someone know what is wrong or what can be done to fix? -- Scott Network Administrator Michigan Have you verified that the user property page Exchange General --> Storage Limits --> "Use mailbox store defaults" is checked for all user's who you want to apply the...

XML Schema not working
AIML Schema: http://209.168.21.76/CommunityStarterKit/Downloads/258.aspx I have a Schema (in the link above) that I've been trying to make work in VS2003 for a while now and just can't seem to get right. I didn't design the schema and to tell the truth, most of it is beyond my rudimentary understanding of XML. So far, the main problem I've run into is the simpleType below: <simpleType name="VariableName"> <restriction base="string"> <attribute name="name" type="string" /> </restriction> </simpleT...

Publisher 2000 SR-1 (Error Code)
I recently bought a new PC with Office 2003 Basic pre-installed, I've only just recently attempted to install my old Pulisher 2000 SR-1 CD-ROM, and I keep getting these two error messages: "Setup failed to locate a valid qualifying product on your machine. Please select the drive where a qualifying product can be found." And... "Error 1608. Could not find any previously installed compliant products on the machine for installing their product." I don't understand what a "qualifying product" is. Can anyone help? This application had worked perfec...

Why "Data Access Page" cannot work in the internet website WHILE it works in the local machine
Dear all, Here below is my "Data Access Page": http://www.dfnissan.com/testdelete/page1.htm I put it in my internet website and put this web address as the "trustable" website in my IE. However, this "Data Access Page" cannot work properly in the website, WHILE it can be work in my own computer. Please help me, why ? Thank you in advance. Martin 2010-05-03 On Mon, 3 May 2010 00:43:15 +0800, "Martin" <lajitong888@21cn.com> wrote: There are a number of steps involved to pull this off. This article http:/...

if I do not have it place the code in a seperate file I do not get the an Inherits Page
I just noticed something strange. (I'm using a .master if that makes any difference) If I add a new item and chose web form and place the code in a separate file I get in the .vb file Inherits System.Web.UI.Page and the aspx file inherits from the .vb file. However, if I do not have it place the code in a separate file I do not get the an Inherits in the aspx file. Yet I can add <script runat="server"> with Page_Load and other vb code to the aspx file. Is something happening behind the scene? I noticed it because I developed a PageEx base class (th...