Live One Care and RMS

Hello,
 Will these two work together (Live One Care and RMS)? any compatability
issues????
 I am thinking of installing the One Care on our POS unless some one has a
better and less expensive option.

What do most 1 lane , 1 store owners use?
Joe
0
JoeH (1)
12/15/2006 12:06:00 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What's One Care?
"Joeh" <Joeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Will these two work together (Live One Care and RMS)? any compatability
> issues????
> I am thinking of installing the One Care on our POS unless some one has a
> better and less expensive option.
>
> What do most 1 lane , 1 store owners use?
> Joe

0
craig6967 (916)

------=_NextPart_000_01FE_01C7203E.2028E280

Joe,

Works fine.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Joeh" <Joeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hello,
   Will these two work together (Live One Care and RMS)? any =
compatability=20
  issues????
   I am thinking of installing the One Care on our POS unless some one =
has a=20
  better and less expensive option.

  What do most 1 lane , 1 store owners use?
  Joe
------=_NextPart_000_01FE_01C7203E.2028E280

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Joe,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Works fine.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment(s).&nbsp; If you are not =
using a=20
reader, follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click =
on "Open=20
with newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the =
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Joeh" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Joeh@discussions.microsoft.com">Joeh@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:AB8C323B-EDC0-41D7-8348-45091F529EB7@microsoft.com">news:AB8=
C323B-EDC0-41D7-8348-45091F529EB7@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hello,<BR>&nb=
sp;Will=20
  these two work together (Live One Care and RMS)? any compatability=20
  <BR>issues????<BR>&nbsp;I am thinking of installing the One Care on =
our POS=20
  unless some one has a <BR>better and less expensive =
option.<BR><BR>What do=20
  most 1 lane , 1 store owners use?<BR>Joe</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01FE_01C7203E.2028E280--

0
cptsoft (1248)
12/15/2006 7:42:40 PM
Or at least there are no known compatibility issues...

One Care didn't fare very well in the last comparative review I saw.
It's very rare to find anything that is both better and less expensive.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Jeff @ Check Point Software wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Works fine.
>
> --
>
> Jeff
> Check Point Software

> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
> follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
>     "Joeh" <Joeh@discussions.microsoft.com
>     <mailto:Joeh@discussions.microsoft.com>> wrote in message
>     Hello,
>      Will these two work together (Live One Care and RMS)? any
>     compatability
>     issues????
>      I am thinking of installing the One Care on our POS unless some one
>     has a
>     better and less expensive option.
>
>     What do most 1 lane , 1 store owners use?
>     Joe
0
glenn9672 (1267)
12/15/2006 8:14:37 PM
For any one else that never heard of Onecare, it's an all-in-one solution
for PC security and maintenance from Microsoft.
Craig

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
message news:e1KGoWIIHHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Or at least there are no known compatibility issues...
>
> One Care didn't fare very well in the last comparative review I saw. It's
> very rare to find anything that is both better and less expensive.
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Jeff @ Check Point Software wrote:
>> Joe,
>>  Works fine.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Jeff
>> Check Point Software
>>  =====================================================
>>  You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
>> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
>> follow
>> the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"
>> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>>  http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>>
>>     "Joeh" <Joeh@discussions.microsoft.com
>>     <mailto:Joeh@discussions.microsoft.com>> wrote in message
>>     Hello,
>>      Will these two work together (Live One Care and RMS)? any
>>     compatability
>>     issues????
>>      I am thinking of installing the One Care on our POS unless some one
>>     has a
>>     better and less expensive option.
>>
>>     What do most 1 lane , 1 store owners use?
>>     Joe

0
craig6967 (916)

in Excel how do I copy & paste a grouping as one?
Please use this white space for your question and tell us what you mean by "grouping" best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "DWP" <DWP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BFCFD66-13E9-44A4-8B2C-3AC4F000E055@microsoft.com... > ...

identical smtp address - more than one user object
I have just come back form a client site, inherited, where we were trying to work out why certain email addresses were not working as expected. Basically they had a user object in AD - user@domain.com - with the primary smtp set as user@domain.com with no delivery options set. However when I examined another user object in the same active directory I found the identical smtp address listed in their email address list. How is this possible? I was under the impression that you would not be allowed to create the smtp address as it was already in existence. SBS 2003 BTW. ...

one to many forms
Dear All I have a form(A) and from that form i want to open another form (B) the form B would be as sub form to the form A \ I mean 2 forms (A,B) i open B from A by a command button and B will be as a sub form to the form A I hope Ive reached my problem to you Best regards -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com To make a subform, make a main form and another form to use as a subform. Use the toolbox to add a subform control to the main form. Set the Source Object of the subform control to the name of the subform. Set the Link Child and Link Master pro...

Sending to contacts with more than one email address
This happens when you have a contact with more than one email address. If you type their shortcut in the TO line, Outlook will not resolve the email address since it sees 2 of them. Also if try and select from the list, you will now see 2 entries. Previous versions of Outlook defaulted to the first address. Is there anyway to get back to having the "default email address" be the one that comes up. Thanx - Amine ...

move page from one document to another
I need some "fast" help! I have never worked in Publisher before, but need to get a project done for an organization I work for. I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to basically "copy" from one document to another. HELP!! kdramirez <kdramirez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another >document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to >basically "copy&qu...

how come one paricular excel file will not open w/o errors?
I have a PocketPC that I sync up with my Home Computer on a daily basis. I have a few files of excel and of word. This morning while trying to access one particular file of Excel, I wasn't able to do it and the weird thing is, all of my other files are still retrievable. Is this file corrupt? Is this file somehow marked as "read-only"? --even though I checked the properties and it said it wasn't. ...

List rows if item in one column is unique
I have a list like this (two columns) A B 1 John 2 Brian 3 Benny 4 John 5 Bill 6 Jonathan 7 Brian 8 Edward .... Somewhere else in the sheet, I like a listing of rows, but only each name from column B once like D E 1 John 2 Brian 3 Benny 5 Bill 6 Jonathan 8 Edward Can this be done, using only spreadsheet functions or do I have to use a VBA solution? I have tried using the "Unique only" in ther Advanced Filter, but if I have both columns in the Filter Range, the rows are not unique, and if I leave out column A, it only copies the unuique rows from ...

Multiple emails w/ same tracking token in one activity?
Is it possible to track an ongoing email conversation as a single activity (assuming tracking token is present and accurate), instead of having each outgoing and incoming email result in a separate activity? One troubleshooting conversation with a contact can end up creating 12 activities in their history. If anyone knows the answer and/or can tell me how to do so, please let me know. Thanks! Afraid not. Each of those seperate emails is a seperate "activity" and thus is tracked seperately. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SCAB" <SCAB@discussions.microso...

Message Rule
Hello, I have a client who receives duplicate email ... sometimes as many as 20 a day. He only really needs to see the first occurance. He is often out of the office, so I am wanting to "forward" or "re-direct" his email to his cell phone. But I don't want to send all 20 emails to him, just want to send him the first occurance. Is there a way to set up a message rule that will effectively ignore all duplicate email, and only for that calendar day? Any help appreciated. TIA Marshall ...

Mutiple Table Entry into One form Wthout using subforms
Hello all I have created a form by adding information from several differnt forms and table as they areall getting input by several differnt people on the network. the problem i am having is that i can not make this new form add records and save them for later query or report from it? could someone please help -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Why do you not want to use subforms? Unless you can join the tables in such a way that the resultant query is updatable (usually a challenge), subforms are the easiest approach. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/D...

text runs out of cell into other ones
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Just updated to X08 from Office. Some of cells with text in them (not wrapped) are overrunning the following cells, even when those cells have data in them, just showing a jumble of data on top of data. Clicking on the overrun cells makes the text on top go away (but it will remain in cells even farther down the road to the right), and it comes back. <br><br>It's a glitchy problem, not just a setting imho. It goes away if I &quot;wrap text&quot; on offending cell but then I can't...

Outlook 2000: One Way Sharing of Info using Net Folder
Folks: I'm having an odd sort of one-way net folder experience in trying to share a calendar. I see hints of this in other netnews articles, but never a clear resolution. I'm hoping this is a well-known problem/fix. Here is the configuration: PC 1 (aka BOSS) windows 2000 outlook 2000 mail: pop3 from UNIX box -- no exchange server account for this machine net folders loaded via Microsoft Office Setup ASSISTANT has a "Contacts" entry on this machine that is coded as "Always Send RTF" PC 2 (aka ASSISTANT) windows 2000...

multiple sheets into one
I trying to avoid copy and paste. is there any way to combine data from about 5 different worksheets into one? thanks frank ...

Help... .. Deciding one to many or many to many.. Type..
Hi, I am learning in Access 2007.... Through John and Jeff Book......Have two tables.... e.g. 1. AllItems 2. ItemsCategories Both has Primary keys .... If Items would be in one of categories.. ItemsCategories Key Would GO in AllItems as Fk... But.. in Future... if Some items belong to more than one category then it would rewuire a Juctional table (e.g. ItemsNCategories)... Should I make Juctional Table (for unknown Future addition convinience) or Just use one to many Relationship... Will it hurt to make juctional Table and Procede.. ? Second question is.. Should Catagori...

RMS BACKUP
MY DATA IS GROWING BIG & I NEED TO BE ABLE TO STORE IT ON MULTIPLE CDS INSTED OF HARD DRIVE CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH THIS -- THANKS maher almasri get a dvd burner! "maher almasri" <maheralmasri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C1DD887-96A4-4300-A621-ED087A4C5E1E@microsoft.com... > MY DATA IS GROWING BIG & I NEED TO BE ABLE TO STORE IT ON MULTIPLE CDS INSTED > OF HARD DRIVE > CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH THIS > -- THANKS > maher almasri ...

Care to fill in the IT survey for me?
Hi everyone, I need your help to fill in my MBA's thesis Survey "Eliminate SPAM" for me. If you have friends who can fill in the survey for me, please forwarded/pass it to them as well. The link is at http://www.pod-hr.com/wil/mbit_users.htm I will post the results after the survey is over... Thank you very much. No, don't bother posting any results from this spam mail. Gather your information using a method other than a self-help forum for assistance with Microsoft Outlook problems. Since this is for an MBA, let's hope you have taken the required ethics course...

One Note button has disappeared from Outlook toolbar
In having some ITeam work done on my computer, somehow the Outlook toolbar icon you could click to save something disappeared. I have tried to get it back, but the method in the instructions doesn't work. Help please. One Note is nearly useless if you have to open it separately and create a new page and copy whatever you want into it. One click is much more user-friendly. What version of Outlook are you using? If you go to the add-ins section (where, depends a bit on your version of Outlook) do you still see the OneNote add-in installed and activated? -- -Ben- Ben M. Sc...

Can one forbid / globally disable the "matching" of imported statements?
While I'm in general quite happy with money's book keeping and visualization capabilities, one thing that infuriates me again and again is its idiotic "matching" functionality! I.e. again and again when I import a .qif file from my payment application Money tries to "match" these entries with items already in the list, thereby obviously trying to do the worst possible job possible. None of the entries CAN match at that point, since they don't exist in Money then and so Money obviously tries to pair them up with more or less random entries in the list (we...

Ingenico PC-EFTPOS and RMS
I read on a wesbite that RMS supports the Ingenico PX328 PC-EFTPOS enabled Pinpads. I ordered one from ANZ in Australia and configured the supplied PC-EFTPOS software. This works fine but I can't get RMS to see the PinPad. I've followed the Microsoft article for the Ingenico 3010 but it doesn't work. The test button gives Access Denied. I think the terminal is actually a newer PX368. Can anyone shed any light on this? Do I have to write my own code to link RMS with PC-EFTPOS or should it all integrate? Mick, What does ANZ say? I saw this on another website too, try th...

Auto fill-in more than one column with words
Hi, the problem I have is this. Let's say you have three columns. Country, Currency, Company. If I fill in the country column "Japan", is there a way to have i automatically fill in "Yen" in the currency column? Also - if the company is already filled in - is there a program I ca create or run that will go through thousands of lines of data so tha it auto fills in "Japan" and "Yen"? Lastly, for programs like this, are these classified under VBA or Macr or something else? Greatly appreciate the answer as I am having difficulty locating it -- M...

Adding data from one form to another
Working in MS Access 2003 I have one large table (Truck) that has at least four separate delivery addresses per record. (E.g. four fields, Deliver1, Delivery2, etc...)Also in this table are text fields that have special instructions such as on what days these addresses make deliveries. Theses days vary by address. I need to separate out these addresses into a single record in a new table (Location) and enter its delivery days. (Thus potentially, the one record in the Truck table will result in 4 records in the Location table) I have the master form (TruckForm) designed so that the truck num...

one account cannot receive emails
all, so another bug with the recent migration to 2003. there is one account that can send emails but not receive them (internal emails or external) only this particular account thx Moni And what might be the error that you get when you attempt to send an e-mail to this person? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Techie In Need" <moni6422@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23cTKaq$tGHA.1808@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > all, > so another bug with the recent migration to 2003....

Two AD Domains, One Exchange Server
Hello, I have two companies that need to share resources between one another. I'm currently in the redesign phase of the first company and the second is a startup. We will have an Active Directory Domain Controller for each company. Each company will be in a physically different location with a point to point fiber network connection between. I would like to have the ability to share files and printers between each domain. I know I can accomplish this via a two way trust relationship. What I'm confused about is sharing a single Exchange 2003 Server between both domains. After I ...

combining two or more fields into one field
being somewhat new to Access and Vba I need the answer to a question. I want to combine three fields into one. as FirstName+MI+LastName. I want to do this after FirstName, MI, and LastName have entered. The reason for this it to be able to check the created field for duplicates. Any suggestions On Mon, 21 May 2007 18:22:04 -0700, david d <davidd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >being somewhat new to Access and Vba I need the answer to a question. I want >to combine three fields into one. as FirstName+MI+LastName. I want to do >this after FirstName, MI, ...

student's budget living off loans
How do I set up a budget in Mocrosoft Money if I have no income? I just have a big savings account where I keep what's left over of my money after I pay tuition. I would like to budget transfers from savings as income (I did this in Quicken) but I can't figure out how. Any ideas? Set the savings account as not included in Budget Planner in its details or settings. Transfers in to the budget from the account can then be accounted for. <mcewan.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142306944.285873.139280@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > How do I set up a budget in Mocroso...