License- switching machines

Hi-  I am adding a new system to my POS network.  I want the new system to 
be licensed to run POS. I want the old system to just run admin. How can i 
switch licenses on machines? do I have to unistall and then reinstall? 
Thanks
brent 


0
sagemaster (106)
6/1/2007 6:50:27 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
319 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

What version? If it's 2.0 you will need to call to get a new license for the 
new machine that you want to run POS, ther is an 800# set up just for this. 
When you start POS for the first time you will need to put in the new 
license and register. Before you do that though, run admin and point the 
machine to your database and give it a register number in admin and manager.
If it's 1.3.xxxx all you need to do is run admin and point the machine 
towards your database and then add that machine as a register in admin and 
manager. Also, if you're replacing the machine with the dongle make sure to 
attach it to the new machine. I probably forgot a step but I'm sure someone 
will point it out if I did.
Craig

"Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message 
news:%23gxt62HpHHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi-  I am adding a new system to my POS network.  I want the new system to 
> be licensed to run POS. I want the old system to just run admin. How can i 
> switch licenses on machines? do I have to unistall and then reinstall? 
> Thanks
> brent
> 


0
craig6967 (916)
6/1/2007 7:46:28 PM
Craig- It is 2.0 and I have 3 licenses-  I just need to switch the one 
license from one machine to another machine.
Thanks
Brent
"Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message 
news:OowQXWIpHHA.3892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> What version? If it's 2.0 you will need to call to get a new license for 
> the new machine that you want to run POS, ther is an 800# set up just for 
> this. When you start POS for the first time you will need to put in the 
> new license and register. Before you do that though, run admin and point 
> the machine to your database and give it a register number in admin and 
> manager.
> If it's 1.3.xxxx all you need to do is run admin and point the machine 
> towards your database and then add that machine as a register in admin and 
> manager. Also, if you're replacing the machine with the dongle make sure 
> to attach it to the new machine. I probably forgot a step but I'm sure 
> someone will point it out if I did.
> Craig
>
> "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23gxt62HpHHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Hi-  I am adding a new system to my POS network.  I want the new system 
>> to be licensed to run POS. I want the old system to just run admin. How 
>> can i switch licenses on machines? do I have to unistall and then 
>> reinstall? Thanks
>> brent
>>
>
> 


0
sagemaster (106)
6/2/2007 12:53:24 AM
Then you will need to contact MS for the new license number.
Craig

"Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message 
news:%23%23LXvBLpHHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Craig- It is 2.0 and I have 3 licenses-  I just need to switch the one 
> license from one machine to another machine.
> Thanks
> Brent
> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message 
> news:OowQXWIpHHA.3892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> What version? If it's 2.0 you will need to call to get a new license for 
>> the new machine that you want to run POS, ther is an 800# set up just for 
>> this. When you start POS for the first time you will need to put in the 
>> new license and register. Before you do that though, run admin and point 
>> the machine to your database and give it a register number in admin and 
>> manager.
>> If it's 1.3.xxxx all you need to do is run admin and point the machine 
>> towards your database and then add that machine as a register in admin 
>> and manager. Also, if you're replacing the machine with the dongle make 
>> sure to attach it to the new machine. I probably forgot a step but I'm 
>> sure someone will point it out if I did.
>> Craig
>>
>> "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23gxt62HpHHA.2452@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi-  I am adding a new system to my POS network.  I want the new system 
>>> to be licensed to run POS. I want the old system to just run admin. How 
>>> can i switch licenses on machines? do I have to unistall and then 
>>> reinstall? Thanks
>>> brent
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
craig6967 (916)
6/2/2007 1:57:25 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

2 CRM Users 1 Machine
Simply put can you use the SFO client for 2 Users who job share and use the same machine, but have separate login ID's? No. SFO is single user "krimkram" <krimkram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4784C558-51FE-4665-A989-0EB1F5C1AFBE@microsoft.com... > Simply put can you use the SFO client for 2 Users who job share and use > the > same machine, but have separate login ID's? ...

Licensing 08-20-07
Is anyone familiar with the European licensing model. We have a partner in Italy who just implemented CRM and they indicated their licensing is based on concurrent users, not named. If this is the case, why the difference here in the U.S.? -- Dave Stonesifer see Microsoft CRM Partner site or contact your Germany office for licensing. It is base on user not name base. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Dave" wrote: > Is anyone familiar with the European ...

Unable to switch to SDI in Excel 2007
Hi, I think the default factory setting for Excel 2007 is SDI interface (pseudo or whatever - I really preferred that) and thats what I had been using for the last few months. about a couple of weeks back I noticed that my Excel had switched to MDI and after struggling for ages with that I finally found a blog entry that had instructions on how to switch between MDI and SDI. I have followed those instructions, swapped the 'Show All windows in taskbar' setting. multiple times, closing and reopening Excel every time, but it just wouldnt switch to SDI. Any help/suggestions are highly w...

switching identities slow OE Win98
Hi, It takes about 30 seconds when switching identities. They do switch and it has never hung..But just takes too long. Any thoughts? Thanks! Kenny wrote: > Hi, > It takes about 30 seconds when switching identities. > They do switch and it has never hung..But just takes > too long. Any thoughts? > > Thanks! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wind...

License ageement
Even thoutgh teh programs are activated, I get a license agreement to check EVERTIME I open an office 2003 program. How can iIget rid of that nuisance? Try navigating to the Office folder and starting the office components (Word, Excel. Access, et al) from there. If this works, then delete the various shortcuts that are on the Desktop and Quick Launch Bar, and make new shortcuts from the raw EXE files in the Office folder. "Rogerofeugene" <Rogerofeugene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB92D9F6-9F85-4C5A-8571-74044163824D@microsoft.co...

How do I re-input the license for Mac office 2004
Hi, I have 2 Computers with Office 2004 installed - a G4, and a year old macBook Pro. I used to run 2 G4 laptops, but one of them died, and the other one was my main laptop. When I bought my MBP, I copied my main laptop over, and then my main laptop was given over to someone else for their use. The problem is, I have 2 copies of Office 2004, with the same license key, and when any office program is open in one, I can't use Office on the other. I also have a spare license key and the key from the defunct laptop, but I can't find out how to enter one of these other 2 keys so as to ma...

License Agreement
I purchased Word 2004 for Mac and was told by the people at apple I could install it on up to three computers. I only have only have one code and everytime my one computer uses on our home network the other one can't acess the program. I assume the apple people were wrong but can anyone tell me what to do here You can install *the Student and Teacher Edition* of Microsoft Office 2004 on up to three different computers in the same household. Any other version (Standard or Professional) only includes a single license key. If you really want to use Word on more than one computer at the same...

somewhat OT: VS 2003 & 2005 on the same machine?
well. I have to learn C# now and my VC++2003 version does not support it. So I am going to use 2005. But after reading here I am counting on not being easily able to migrate my current MFC workload over to 2005 . I guess I am expecting problems. One solution is to have them both on the same machine. Any advice? Thanks Nap On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:40:06 GMT, "nappy" <spam@spam.com> wrote: >well. I have to learn C# now and my VC++2003 version does not support it. So >I am going to use 2005. But after reading here I am counting on not being >easily able to mig...

Licensing #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How many computers can I use my Office 2008 Home and Student Edition on? Will the one disk spread on two or three? Read the license agreement that was attached to your purchase. On the version I bought it allowed me to install on 3 machines. --rms www.rmschneider.com fatman4christ@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > How many computers can I use my Office 2008 Home and Student Edition on? Will the one disk spread on ...

MS CRM Licensing 05-24-05
I have a customer that is a franchisor. He is being courted by a competitor who is telling him that he can utilize Sharepoint in concert with CRM as a work around for licensing many users (the Franchisees) for the CRM product. The franchisees would use CRM to manage their end customers. The vendor is telling them that it is a valid work around with the licensing agreement since the franchisees are not actually employees of the company. Does anyone know if this is possible? Without knowing for sure what is being done, it is difficult to say. If those users will be making use of the CR...

Proper place for ActiveX license code
Hi all, I'm adding license code to an ActiveX control we have developed. My requirements are to allow full use of the control within a development environment, but require a valid license key at run time. Each method on the control returns a result code and will return an unlicensed error if you try to call them in runtime without a license. I haven't found much literature on ActiveX licensing, so I poked around and found that VerifyUserLicense gets called in runtime and GetLicenseKey gets called at runtime. To fufill my requirements, I set a static "design_mode" flag to...

Accessing sharepoint server in local machine
I am new to this technolgy,I don't know how to access sharepoint server in my local machine,I installed office server development kit and windows sharepoint service kit. ...

Switching from "Internet Mail Only" to "Corporate-Workgroups"
In order to fully integrate with my contact management software, I had to switch Outlook 2000 from "Internet Mail Only" to "Corporate-Workgroups". However, now I can no longer select the specific account from which I want to send an email. For example, I used to send email from different accounts by using the SEND USING feature, but I can no longer find this option. How do I send email from my other email accounts???? TIA! Steve The only way to change which account mail gets sent from in Corp/Workgroup mode is to change the delivery order shown here: Tools menu >...

license
Greetings. I need to include license capabilities into my application. In addition, need to implement (or use) some sort of license manager. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance John There are number of open source components around that handle licensing, I'd suggest a google search. The one thing that won't work is trying to invent your own. joe On Tue, 27 May 2008 14:50:31 -0500, John Mosso <alexander.mosso@nekotectelecom.com> wrote: >Greetings. >I need to include license capabilities into my application. >In addition, need to implement (or use) some sort of li...

Backup and Restore different machines
I am demonstrating Dynamics GP 10.0 to a client. I am using the 10.0 demo download, MS SQL Express. They have 3 companies, the largest is 65 branches. We are using a small company to demo and have set up the company, vendors etc on the accounting manager's workstation. I have backed it up and copied to .bak file to flash drive. In office I cannot restore the .bak to the demo version on our worksation. I used GP Utilities to create the same company, ID and Name, howvever when we try to restore we get unknown error. I recreated the company on our workstation and modified the che...

Routing mails to another mail server in same machine
Hi I have Exchange 2003 in a machine listening at port 25. I would like to direct all mails received by it to another mail server listening at port 10025 in the same machine. I tried SMTP connectors but I m not sure how to send it to a particular port in the same machine. Any ideas? Thanx Jag On 8 Nov 2006 03:18:28 -0800, "Jag" <jagathishp@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have Exchange 2003 in a machine listening at port 25. I would like to >direct all mails received by it to another mail server listening at >port 10025 in the same machine. I tried SMTP connecto...

switching info
My company is switching computer from Dell notbook to newer Compaq notebook and also switching from GroupWise to Outlook. My problem is the old computer I have been using Outlook for the calendar, contracts and tasks. How do I get the info for the old computer onto the new computer. The new computer Outlook will be setting up the info from old company GroupWise. I want to transfer all my data fron the old computer's Outlook into the new Computers Outlook. How do I set up a file for the old info that I can transfer into the new Outlook? I hope someone can help me Pat Take a loo...

error switching profiles
I'm running Outlook 2003 on XP pro. I recently added a new profile to Outlook. Previously, I created a new Inbox folder & outlook data file (pst) for a second email account under the very same profile. I rarely used the second email & just had all mail going to the same inbox. I deleted the extra inbox & created a second profile instead as it makes more sense. Now I am getting an error when I open Outlook every time I switch profiles. When I open Outlook for a different profile than the last one used - I get an error box (Titled: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library...

switch from outlook express to outlook
Comparison of outlook to outlook express (which I have now). How do they compare and how would I switct to Outlook if I decide to? Thanks. Do you need a calendar or task tracker? "Terry Cuyler" <tcuyler@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:034701c36aa1$3ff90870$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Comparison of outlook to outlook express (which I have > now). How do they compare and how would I switct to > Outlook if I decide to? ...

Switching identities in Microsoft Outlook
We have Microsoft XP and are on a wired home network. We have switched from Outlook Express to Outlook, but are unable to switch identities (having two e-mail accounts). Is there a way of doing this? Are you referring to Microsoft Office XP or Windows XP? We need to know your Outlook version. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Rita" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a1201c3c0c4$2884ca20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > We ...

2003
Encountered the subjected event in a newly upgraded Exchange 2003. The resolution based on KB Article - 271410 suggested: >>In Exchange System Manager, locate the administrative group, and then reset the service >>account password to encrypt it for the Exchange 2000 server. Can someone give more details on how to check the service account password encription in Exchange System Manager ? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 271410 SYMPTOMS The following error message may be logged in the Application eve...

Switch from OE to Outlook
What would be the best way to switch form OE to Outlook and keep all emails, contacts, etc? double click on outlook. Say 'yes' when it asks whether you want to import N "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017e01c3ce34$66569f40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > What would be the best way to switch form OE to Outlook > and keep all emails, contacts, etc? need more info, are you on a mac or windows machine. what versions are you running on oe/outlook. If you are on a windows machine, you can use the import/export wizard in outlook. >--...

Moving exchange2k3 server machine account from default OU to another...
Hi all. I have an win2k3 std sp1 server with exchange2k3 std sp2 on it. The computer account of the server sits in the default Computers OU, and i want to move it to another computer OU for policy purposes. I have a 2k AD. I understand that this move should go without a problem, maybe a restart of the services afterwards? I'm not going to move any of the objects in the Microsoft Exchange System Objects OU, just the computer account. Any problems that might occur, and would those potential problems be ok if i just move it back to the default OU? -- Gripe On Fri, 19 May 2006 ...

CRM License 10-26-04
We originally got 10 CRM user licenses. I entered in the key as I did the install and everything worked fine. I ordered 10 more licenses from Microsoft and they issued a new key with the total of 20 user licenses. Do I just go and replace the old license key? How do I do that? Will this cause any adverse effects to the currently licensed users?? All you have to do is go into Deployment manager and navigate to the License Manager area. Right click and choose to add a new license key. It will update your system then with the total number of licenses that you have. In this case ...

Switching to GP10 / SQL 2005
Right now we are on GP8 on SQL2005. For various reasons we are looking to jump to either 9 or 10 (probably 10.0) on SQL2005. As part of this though we are looking at setting up some form of database replication on the SQL server side. From looking back in the archives, its unclear if (a) this is really possible at least in a seamless/hot failover configuration or (b) possible in a cold standby configuration. Anyone had any experience with this? Pointers to KB articles would be helpful Thanks, -- -- Paul I believe that read only replication is all that is supported. Here is the arti...