Label Printing #5

I am trying to find out if there is a way that if we receive an item on the
PO, that a label would be printed immediately after the item is scanned. I do
not have a stand alone label printer, but I will purchase one if this is
possible. The information that I would like on the label, would be Item
lookup, Description, and Retail Price. I am currently using RMS ver 1.3.0203.
The partner that I have been working with does not have any information for
me.
0
akpetshop (47)
7/22/2007 2:30:00 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi akpetshop....if your version of 1.3 has a "label" button on the bottom
left of your PO screen when you are receiving the items, then you should be
able to print labels when receiving a PO (forgive my ignorance of 1.3 I am
more familiar with V2); plenty of label printers will work with RMS, we work
with zebra models LP2824 and LP2844, there's different media depending on the
type of tag you need to affix (ie 2 by 1 tags with adhesive, or jewelry sized
tags with adhesive, or hang tags with a fishhole for apparel items); you may
need to check your version's LABEL DESIGNER feature in manager, edit some of
the default templates that are installed by the program, just preview them or
print them to a regular printer; see if you can add the fields that you want,
chances are you can as they're pretty basic item properties; have your
partner check out these options but frankly, if he had no information or
suggestions for you to help you solve a very basic POS issue you may want to
consider looking for a new partner, specifically one that's worked with
retail and is RMS-certified.  Good luck.

"akpetshop" wrote:

> I am trying to find out if there is a way that if we receive an item on the
> PO, that a label would be printed immediately after the item is scanned. I do
> not have a stand alone label printer, but I will purchase one if this is
> possible. The information that I would like on the label, would be Item
> lookup, Description, and Retail Price. I am currently using RMS ver 1.3.0203.
> The partner that I have been working with does not have any information for
> me.
0
convoluted (621)
7/23/2007 4:08:03 AM
Hello akpetshop,
I was wondering if the solution provided by convoluted was acceptable to
you.  If not I think we could offer you what you are looking for with our
RITE Label software.  If you are interested in hearing what we can offer,
please give us a call at 1-888-267-RITE.

--
Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)
"akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to find out if there is a way that if we receive an item on the
> PO, that a label would be printed immediately after the item is scanned. I
> do
> not have a stand alone label printer, but I will purchase one if this is
> possible. The information that I would like on the label, would be Item
> lookup, Description, and Retail Price. I am currently using RMS ver
> 1.3.0203.
> The partner that I have been working with does not have any information
> for
> me.

0
rsakry (322)

How would I adjust size for printing
Even though I changed the Adjust to percentage, it still prints to small. What am I doing wrong? Have you correctly set the Area to Print? Is there blank paper on the right side, or on the bottom of the page? Do you have 'fit to page' set ? (it should release when you adjust th percentage) What percentage are you using? - if you are trying 20% of 9 point i will look small, what is the font size that you have? Does the Print Preview also look small ? CynDel007 Wrote: > Even though I changed the Adjust to percentage, it still prints t > small. > What am I doing wrong ...

Barbell labels
I am currently using a Zebra LP2824 and I cant get the tags to print on barbell (butterfly) media correctly. Does anyone have any lbl files that they can send me? Thanks Phil Thanks for the reply. But what might help? "jrn08" wrote: > This might work. > "Phil V" <PhilV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:62B4BEE2-4B7C-4E20-A4DA-8BA605FCD44E@microsoft.com... > >I am currently using a Zebra LP2824 and I cant get the tags to print on > > barbell (butterfly) media correctly. Does anyone have any lbl files that > > the...

Text colour printing problem
Hi, We are having problems printing a spreadsheet from a workmate computer. Most of the data is black with the exception of a of a fe rows where the text is red. when the user tries to print the documen comes out in greyscale, I have checked all settings and confiqs an still it prints greyscale, I even opened a new worksheet and typed ou a red test test page, and this prints correctly. I compared th settings of the two sheets; my test one and the orignal sheet and ther was no noticable difference. The machine is running Win 2K Pro wit Excel 2000. I hope someone can please shed some light on t...

prints fine on paper, not on card
I am creating wedding response cards, 5.5" X 4.25" (2 down, perforated, on page). They print fine on an 8.5 X 11 piece of paper, but when I use the actual card the bottom .5" is not printed. Can anyone explain that PLEASE?! What version of Publisher? Are you using a postcard setup? Portrait? It could be your printer's limitation. Some ink jets will have a margin limitation of 5.5. If you are using Publisher 2007 I would suggest using the Avery postcard page setup. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary ...

Error Message #5
When I try to save my data to an Access DB I get this Message Unable to write to database. Make sure database is not protected and has valid field data type. There is an extra field in the DB when I created the record tith Excel. WT_RCID is added like an auto number, but I had placed my own auto number called (Record Number). What do I do to be able to save my records in Access? Hi i couldn't find a previous post from you on this topic so i'm not sure if i'm coming into the middle of a conversation - so ignore me if i am. How are you trying to write to Access. If you&#...

Issues Printing Bubble Chart on Canon Printer
We just installed a new Canon printer and when we printed Excel Bubble Charts on the printer, they are rendered as squares, with inscribed circles. The bubbles are formatted to be shaded, so the squares are shaded. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it? We PDF'd the document and found that the printing problem has disappeared in the PDF'd version. Now we're missing a font on the computer that has the Adobe Acrobat application. If it's not one thing, it's another. I'm still interested in understanding why there's a problem however. "...

slow printing
Just installed new dell for boss with win2k and office 2k, all update including w2k sp4 and off2k sp3. User now states that his HP4000 laser prints slow compared to his win98 that this machine replaced. The slow printing only seem to occur in excell - other programs seem fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Bob Page ...

Printing legal-paper documents
I am unable to print legal-paper sized documents. All other print jobs work fine. Attempted switching the drivers, though printing to any available printer produces the same problem. Other systems aren't running into this problem on the same printers. It isn't an issue with the type of paper feed, in fact, it doesn't seem to even get beyond the program that is trying to send the print job. In addition, there are no errors produced. I'd appreciate any advice, especially if you could email it to me. Thanks, Nathan Sones natesones@yahoo.com ...

Not Print Last Page of a Report
Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perform several other procedure based on the value of the form. I just can not figure out how to stop the last page from printing. Thanks for any help, Lamar Lamar wrote: >Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. >Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last >page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perfo...

Migrating Distribution Lists from 5.5 to 2K3 InterOrg
Hey everyone, Thanks in advance for any help. Here's my issue: Distribution Lists are one major limitation with Microsoft's Inter-Org Sync Tool. Basically, the Distribution Lists are brought over as a contact, and don't contain any members. In researching possible solutions (other than expensive 3rd party software) I found KB328871 that states I can "convert the distribution list to a public folder" and then migrate the public folder. . . . . hm. Anyone have any experience with this, or know what this means? Thanks! Try the script at http://www.msd2d.com/fileU...

Exchange 5.5 #48
I am in the middle of a migration and i am in need of exporting last login info from Exc 5.5 to a database or XLS. is their a way to do this? Thanks Cesar On the screen in Exchange 5.5 Administrator under the Private Information Store > Logons where the last login shows, select File > Save Window Contents (or something like that) and you'll have a CSV file with all that stuff. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Cesar" <Cesar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB4055F-4F2C-4DF7-B248-B04B...

names, labels
I have 12 worksheets, one for each month of the year. Each worksheet does identical calculations, so I need the names to be worksheet defined rather than workbook defined. And indeed they seem to be, yet they still cross sheet boundaries. For example on the June sheet, Insert>Name>Define shows: Loan =June!$D$8:$D$15 but the July, August, etc. sheets all see the June definition of Loan. In other words, if on the August sheet I use =sum(Loan), it calculates the result for the June sheet. I would have thought that June! would have hidden these names from any other sheet. How do I keep...

Printing problem.
Hi, i'm having a strange problem with some excel files in a Windows 2000 Server (no service pack applied) network. Some users are able to print a file while other are not. No error message is exhibited on screen. Users have the some network rights. This happens only with a few files, all of them located on the same folder on the server. Clients are using Windows 98 SE and Windows Me. We are using Office 2000 SR1 Thanks, -- Carlos Vaz --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release ...

images #5
My email seems to have changed lately. I even tried resetting the format back to default. These are two things I am noticing: 1. The mail arrives and while I am watching the font reduces in size. 2. I'm not seeing some of the emails in context with images. The images are being delivered as attachments. I am reposting this because I never got a solution. -- Sussertown --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Eliminate annoying spam! My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster." http://www.ihatespam.net On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 07...

How to print 11 x 17
I have Publisher 2003 and cannot figure out how to print on 11x17 paper. The document is 11x17. I set the paper size in Publisher and my printer driver (Epson 1280) to print 11x17. I triple verifed my both Publisher and printer driver settings. However, my output is a cropped to 8.5x11 on 11x17 paper. When I return to Publisher after printing, I notice that my page setup has reverted back to 8.5x11 even though the rulers on the document still show 11x17. To make matters even more odd, this document was created in Publisher 2002 and printed just fine. I've enen tried copyin...

moving emails labeled as SPAM
Hello, i've AVG antivirus, and it filters my SPAM. AVG add the text "[SPAM]" in the header of my email. Well, i tried to create a rule that when i receive a email labeled as SPAM in the header, outlook moves the email into one folder. The problem is that avg don't renames the email in the same moment that the emails come, avg renames 2 seconds (or similar) after the email is received. I don't know if i can create a rule for this case. thanks Not sure if you can do anything automatic then since Outlook's Rules Wizard operates upon receipt. You can either d...

Problem with printing multiple copies of a report
I read and follow the suggestion from this group to wrtie the code for a print sub: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "rptCertificate", True DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , InputBox("Enter Number of Copies", _ "Print repCertificate", 1), 0 Access prints one copy even I put 2 in the InputBox or use DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , 2, 0 in stead. Thank you in advance for your help. -- Jeff ...

Move Mailbox 5.5 to 2003
Attempting to move a test mailbox from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003 SP1 The process fails with event ID's 9175 and 9167 in the App log. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAdmin Event Category: (14) Event ID: 9175 Description: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAdmin Event Category: (7) Event ID: 9167 Description: Unable to get an administrative interface to...

Printing document references
Hello, We have a number of forms which we have produced here at work which require numbered references on them so each document is unique. Can this be batch driven ? EG. I have designed a printed sheet in Excel for our stock take this year. We need 200 sheets to be issued out to the guys doing the counting. Each sheet needs its own unique documents reference number on it so it can be traced. How can I automate this so I can print 200 copies of the document, and the document references increase incrementally on each separate page. EG. ABC0001, ABC0002, ABC0003... I dont want to have t...

Find the first and last occurance of a report printed. #2
Hello, I have a wookbook that contains about 180,000 rows of data across 3 spreadsheets. The data is in Column A and Column B. In Column A I have Mainframe Report Number's and in Column B I have the dates the reports have printed. Column A repeats the report number for each date the report has printed as shown below. COLUMN A COLUMN B AA000001 6/23/06 AA000001 5/10/06 AA000001 10/02/05 AA000002 6/5/06 AA000002 5/10/06 AA000002 4/09/05 AA000002 3/12/04 AA000002 2/14/03 Is it possible to have a macro go thr...

Printing of Returns
Is there a way to restrict the printing of returns? Any person who has access to SOP has access to the 'Return' SOP type. rcr, you can restrict access to the Return type in Advanced Security - change the view in Advanced security to Document Access. Select Sales. The different document types are listed there. Uncheck the Return type for the user(s) from whom you want to take access. When they open the Sales Transaction entry screen and select Return, they will get the message 'You don't have access to this document type'. In Invoicing, they can select Return as the t...

The Print Spooler & PDF
I have the need to convert large multi-page spreadsheets to a PDF file. To do this I have a print driver that you send the document to just as though you were going to print it. It coverts it to a PDF file. This great so far. My problem is this: Sometimes Excel sends a file as more than one print job. To a printer this is no problem because it just prints them out in sequence and you have your document. The PDF writer, on the other hand, sees more than one print job and creats more than one file. I need it to be one file. Is there a way to force excel to send it as only one print job?...

print to pdf without prompt or dialog box
I want a command button to print a report to pdf without user's interaction (no prompt, no dialog box or overwritten prompt). My report name is: rptName My printer driver is: CutePDF Writer I want file in: S:\apps\phonebook\ The file name is: phone.pdf Can anyone help me with the vba code? Thanks. The cute pdf writer does not supprot automaton, and thus you can't supply the outpu file name. Fruhter, you have to isntall cutepdf as a priner, and ufthter more you then have to swith ms-access to that printer. You better off to dump the cutePDf and use stehpans soltiostn here: ht...

OWA on Exchange 5.5 #3
When some users try to Login to OWA on Exchange 5.5 they will get an error message, “Error ‘ASP 0115’ “ on the client PC. The Exchange Server generates the error message at the same time: “WMS Idle: inetinfo.exe – Application Error. The instruction at “ox77f647cb” The memory could not be “read”. “ I am planning to reinstall SP4 on Exchange 5.5 My question is: Is it possible to reinstall just selective modules of the SP4. Or I need to reinstall SP4 completely. Thank you there is no option to reinstall SP4 for selective modules in exchange 5.5, am sujesting you to reinstall OWA only by sel...

Picture Manager won't print
Anytime I try to print out of Picture Manager 2007, nothing happens. OS = Windows 2008 Anyone else have this problem? There is no such OS as windows 2008. Do you mean Vista? Have you checked to make sure it's printing to the right printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JB3630" <JB3630@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAE79955-326F-4DA7-B715-24BC16474A94@microsoft.com... > Anytime I try to print out of Picture Manager 2007, nothing happens. > OS = Wind...