keyword used a table column ID

In the Purchase Order table 'To' is used a field identifier.  I have tried
quotes and being specific, but I still get errors for the use of the keyword.
 Is there someone who can explain how I can write this statement to insert
the To field

Thanks
0
eslinden (6)
10/21/2005 7:58:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

[To]

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"eslinden" <eslinden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In the Purchase Order table 'To' is used a field identifier.  I have tried
> quotes and being specific, but I still get errors for the use of the
> keyword.
> Is there someone who can explain how I can write this statement to insert
> the To field
>
> Thanks

0
glenn9672 (1267)
10/21/2005 9:10:53 PM
Okay that was stupid of me.  That worked fine.  Thanks Glenn

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> [To]

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "eslinden" <eslinden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In the Purchase Order table 'To' is used a field identifier.  I have tried
> > quotes and being specific, but I still get errors for the use of the
> > keyword.
> > Is there someone who can explain how I can write this statement to insert
> > the To field
> >
> > Thanks

0
eslinden (6)

Updating Excel QueryTable using VB
Hi, I have searched the web extensively for a solution here but cannot find one. I am using the following code to refresh data from an external data source in excel. With Selection.QueryTable.Connection = Array(Array( _ "ODBC;Description=Database;DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=SERVER1\SQLEXPRESS;UID=username;APP=Microsoft Office 2003;WSID=HQD002;Netw" _ ), Array("ork=DBNMPNTW;Trusted_Connection=Yes")) .CommandType = xlCmdSql .Sql = "SELECT * FROM vwDetailsReporting" .PreserveColumnInfo = True .Refre...

Size ALL Columns To Fit
When I open any folder in Vista, the above option is available through a right-click on the 'Name' column. Unfortunately I have to do this every time I open a folder. Is there a way (Regedit, perhaps) to have Vista ALWAYS size all columns to fit at all times automatically, adjusting the width of the folder window as necessary? "ragmaniac" <teeseller@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c2ffd0bd-0b2f-4e66-b50d-5363a7fc407e@s13g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > When I open any folder in Vista, the above option is available through > a right-click on the 'Na...

Create dynamic code by using Reflection
Hi! I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to create the code dynamically ? Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? It's much much easier to create the code in the normal way. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:OZ4CzBO9KHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to > create the code dynamically ? > Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? > It's much much ea...

Using HTML in email signatures/emails in general
My boss has produced a Microsoft Publisher file which I have saved as HTML. There are about 15 images with the file and a couple of XML documents. I want to insert this HTML into an email to send out to customers. I have created a signature and inserted the HTML. When I create a new email, this signature and the HTML page is displayed within the email as expected. However, when sending it to recipients with virus email scanners (mainly AVG) that insert scanning details into an email (such as "No virus found in this incoming message"), the HTML does not display at all. Can anyont s...

How to read location, content of selected cell in pivot table data area?
Greetings! Am fumbling with the pivot table object, trying to work around some idiosyncrasies. Would appreciate help on two things: 1. How do I read the cell value when a cursor is located in the data area, and associate it with an item value or otherwise locate it in the data area with respect to the framing fields/items so I can flag the row as not ..visible? 2. Is there an on-line description somewhere of how the parts of the pivot table object fit together, and VBA access to them? To give an idea where I'm at - it seems a little wild to need to read the cell.pivotcell.parent val...

Why doesn't active quote get used in Pipeline report?
Here's the scenario I'm trying to model: 1. Create opportunity. Manually enter a ballpark figure of $10,000. 2. Work the opportunity a bit, and determine the needs. 3. Create a quote, adding existing products, for a total of $15,000, and activate it. 4. Run the pipeline report. Revenue is $10,000 5. Go to opportunity and change to system-calculated. 6. Save and close. 7. Run pipeline Result: Revenue is zero. Expected Result: Revenus is $15,000 I'd expect that if I activate a quote, the quote now drives the forecast revenue for that opportunity. I would expect that when I acti...

pivot table in reverse
I' ve got a spreadsheet with events as row headings, people's names as column headings and dates in the cells. E.g. Person 1 Person 2 Birthday 01/07/61 05/10/67 Anniversary 10/08/90 10/11/92 (Actually the list is much longer....) Now I want to make a new list list converting the above data to [dates (in column 1; event in column 2; person in column 3]. Sort of pivot tables in reverse......!! How to? Wim Hi, I may not be reading your post correctly but I think searching fo "Transpose" in the He...

Analytical Accounting Dimension ID for Bank Transaction
Hi. can any one help me out in finding TABLES of AA from which i can link dimensions assigned in the Bank Transaction. I need create a crystal report for it. Thanks in advance!! ...

table of contents
I am trying to build a table of contents from the headings in my employee handbook. I have heard that this is possible, and if I change the content of the handbook, the page numbers, etc. will automatically update. What is the process to accomplish this? I would appreciate any insight given. Thanks! ...

Pivot tabels -- Incorrect sorting of specific value in pivot table
A message was posted yesterday that has not shown up so this is a second attmpt. I have a pivot table that consistently places a value at the top of the sorted llist (bottom if decending) even though that value should be in the middle of the list. A sample of the values are ALC, SNO, CET, ESU, TEL, STR, JUN, NKA, NTL, blank. The JUN value is always at the top. Any value placed in the field that begins with J shows at the top. If the value is changed to any other letter, it sorts correctly. The data has been reentered at the source, the query checked, and the downloaded data chec...

Showing totals from two columns
Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need column C to look like this: 15, 7 But instead I can only get them to appear together giving me 157??? Are there any suggestions? Thanks! Try A1 & ", " & B1 Art "Kristin" wrote: > Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? > For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need > column C to look like this: > > ...

Fliping the values in columns
Hi I have values in columns A to ...say G. I want to quickly (without retyping the values) flip the order so that what is now in column A appears in column G, what is now in B appear in F etc. How can this be done quickly please? thanks Insert a new row on top, put 1 in A1, 2 in B2 and so to G1, select all values plus the newly inserted values in A1:G1, do data>sort, click options and select left to right, sort by row 1 and choose descending -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "thrava" <thrava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2E671B0-3616-4DCA-811F-1E80668...

Pivot Table toolbar
Every time I edit a pivot table (Excel 2000)the toolbar launches itself and I have to then re-anchor it manually - this is very irritating! Is there any way to stop this happening? "GeoffS" <crammond-smith@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:39d201c355a8$a7f788b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I edit a pivot table (Excel 2000)the toolbar > launches itself and I have to then re-anchor it manually - > this is very irritating! > > Is there any way to stop this happening? I use Excel97 but it may be the same. You can have the toolbar on all the time, positio...

e-mail the current worksheet using a form button
I want to create a submit button that when I click on it, the current worksheet/file will be e-mailed to someone. Instead of saving the file, then inserting into an e-mail. I have seen this before in a file before, but can't figure out exactly how it works. I happened to notice in the VB Editor I saw something like... CommandClick() Excel.Application.Send "myname@email.com" End Sub Or something similar to that. I don't know any VBA.. So if that's what I need to learn, then let me know. TIA Richard, check out Ron's site for a LOT of information on this http://...

stacked column chart not baselining at 0
I have a data set with categories in columns A-B, and data in columns C-I. I've configured my chart to use stacked bars for the first 6 data series and a line for the last one. The first 6 are revenue allocations, with the 7th being a cumulative total. Most of the chart looks as expected, but the first category or row of data is displaying oddly. The figures in this row are all negative (or 0), so I expect the top of the bar to sit at zero, but it doesn't. The top of the bar sits at the value of the 7th/line series, so that the bottom of the bar is at 2x that (negative) value. ...

Adding multiple tables in one report
I am trying to customize the default report Daily Detailed Sales with Tax. What i need to do is add the Tender Type (Credit card / cash / check) as another column in the report. So far i have found out: i need to add a column i need to import the TenderEntry table for the data I need to find out: How to import another table I have tried to import the table using sql UNION function, but that wont work for me either. any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank You Hi ED, The things make sense to me regarding the adding tables and fields which you can do and customized the .grp file. ...

"How do I get rid of old records in an Pivot Table?
The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous spreadsheets Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html AyPee wrote: > > The spreadsheet gets copied each month to a new file and the data cleared > out, BUT the selecetion in the Pivot Table still holds the data from Previous > spreadsheets -- Dave Peterson The web-link was very helpful, thank you. I was about to reprogram and build my pivot tables to get rid of the obsolete item...

Outlook wont start, even as I had previously used it on the same l
Recently had a system crash occasioned by impatience with a Windows update. After two weeks of tinkering, decided to reformat laptop back to factory settings. Since HP restore will not work, had to reinstall most sofware programs including Norton 360 and Office 2007Plus. Thereafter, most of my files were recovered from the most recent Norton 360 backup. Problem now is that all units of Office 2007 works perfectly except Outlook. It wont just start. All suggestions to repair Office installation or Outlook failed. Anyone with a similar problem and solution out there? Please help. ...

Need a formula that tags one table based 2 columns in each table
I have two tables on one worksheet, Table A and Table B. Each table contains two column with X and Y coordinates, all values are numerical. The coordinate system is irrelevant. I need to "tag" all XY coordinates in Table B that have a matching XY coordinate in Table A. If Table A coordinates are in columns A and B, and Table B coordinates are in columns C and D, then I want to place the text "hit" in column E next to each coordinate pair from columns C and D that match a coordinate pair in columns A and B. The ranges for the respective tables have been named ACOORD and...

Still column space after making row group hidden
In a SSRS 2008 report I have a number of parent level row groups which the previous group set the hidden value of the child group. I have the canshrink set to True of the cells however this still leaves a blank space where the group data was. Is it possible to remove this blank space from the report when that row group is hidden in a tablix? ...

my formats get pushed out when I insert columns
Hi folks, I am having trouble when inserting columns in a large data field. Whenever I insert a column at some point in the data field, th formulas within the data field adjust, or 'stretch', to accomodate th added column, however my conditional formatting gets pushed along t the right and doesn't adapt itself in the same way the formulas do. This means whenever I insert a column, the formulas remain correct bu I have to reset the conditional formatting for the entire data field. I would be extremely grateful for any advice on this situation. Best regards, melvi -- Message pos...

In Word how to use Outlook, Excel
I am using Word 2007. How can I access Outlook contacts or Excel documents from Word -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions To access Outlook contacts, Outlook must be your default e-mail application in Windows. You can then use Insert Address (which you can add to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) . What is it that you want to access from Excel? If you need to look something up in Excel and enter it into a document, you will need a macro. You can however use edit paste special to insert Excel cells copied to the clipboard. -- <>>< ><<...

using screen...
Hi, I have problem with the query in the cascade combobox when the form name change. Is there a way to replace the following using screen.activeform [Forms]![frmCoFundReview]![Partner] => screen.activeform.[Partner] ? SF Not that I know. You could use a separate query for each form. Each query would have the correct form name for the combo box. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "SF" <samnangs@pactcambodia.org> wrote in message news:u%23z%23g6iyKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have probl...

Cannot use default SMTP Virtual Server
Hello All, I this problem since yesterday Actually I post this already and get some reply but that doesnt solve it. Again my problem is: I have newly setuo exhcange 2003 (SBS 2003) everythng works fine until I test for open relay (using telnet om port 25) and found that it was indeed open. So I check KB and follow intruction to allo only this IP block to relay mail 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 but when I try to telnet again the server on port 25 I cannot connecto it anymore. I restarted the service even the server itself but still I cannot connect to it. NOTE: I can connect with port...

How to find the check form to use for GP 9.0
I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland. Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks. Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks. 1) Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0 2) Great Plains Dynamics Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe. Thanks, John John, From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains. That's the one with the check in the middle, stub on t...