Items

certain items that have been already put into our inventory can only be
scanned at the POS.  In manager we're unable to find them. That is.. they
don't show up in our inventory or items in the manager.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem  TIA
0
cjones6870 (27)
10/31/2005 9:13:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

They may have been changed to inactive items.  You can change this using the
wizards menu to update the items.  In the RMS Help Menu type in 'inactive
items' and the instructions will walk you through.  This is assuming they are
inactive items.

"cjones" wrote:

> certain items that have been already put into our inventory can only be
> scanned at the POS.  In manager we're unable to find them. That is.. they
> don't show up in our inventory or items in the manager.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem  TIA
Justin,
thanks for your prompt response I'll try your solutions.... thx

cj

"Justin Jones" wrote:

> They may have been changed to inactive items.  You can change this using the
> wizards menu to update the items.  In the RMS Help Menu type in 'inactive
> items' and the instructions will walk you through.  This is assuming they are
> inactive items.
>
> "cjones" wrote:
>
> > certain items that have been already put into our inventory can only be
> > scanned at the POS.  In manager we're unable to find them. That is.. they
> > don't show up in our inventory or items in the manager.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to solve this problem  TIA
0
cjones6870 (27)
11/2/2005 4:21:08 PM
He Justin,

That work just fine. My only  concern is how they became in active in first
place?
This wasnt one or two items, but like hundreds.
Thx again
cj

"Justin Jones" wrote:

> They may have been changed to inactive items.  You can change this using the
> wizards menu to update the items.  In the RMS Help Menu type in 'inactive
> items' and the instructions will walk you through.  This is assuming they are
> inactive items.
>
> "cjones" wrote:
>
> > certain items that have been already put into our inventory can only be
> > scanned at the POS.  In manager we're unable to find them. That is.. they
> > don't show up in our inventory or items in the manager.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to solve this problem  TIA
0
cjones6870 (27)

Different item costs/pricing per Store
We will be adding stores that are in different areas of the country with different cost/pricing structure. Right now, we use HQ worksheets to manage items for a group of 15 stores that have the same cost/price. The new stores will also have a different supplier. How can we maintain separate costs/pricing per store in HQ? It only allows you to set one cost per item. One thought was to purchase a separate HQ environment but that didn't make sense everytime we opened a store in a different region. Check the Documentation on the Options Tab of HQ Configuration. There's are ...

Item prices in catalog merge
I'm trying to create a catalog from an Excel database using Publisher 2003. Everything works like a charm with the exception of the price columns. I have one for Retail and one for Wholesale. When I use the Text formatting on the pricing columns, I get a strange number like Suggested Retail Price 52.149999999999999 Wholesale Price: 11709 whereas it should be $10.00 and $19.99. If I format the column as a number or currency it also messes it up. Does anyone know how to do this? Have you tried formatting the cells in Excel as "Currency" or maybe even just a Number? "...

Mass Item Delete
Hello, I have about 40,000 line items I want to delete from Great Plains (6.0 on SQL2000). It's too many to delete one at a time via the GUI. I tried deleting from tables IV00101, IV00102 and IV00105. However, "check links" re-adds all the part numbers I deleted with "Added via Check Links" as a description. What other tables might these be in? They do not exist in IV30300 at all. I'm deleting them because they are just taking up valuable space and have no purpose (they did about 15 years ago, but not anymore). After deletion, I want to be able to do m...

Matrix Item Property Window
Features request: 1. Ability to print labels from the Matrix Property Window just like Item Property Window. 2. Have MSRP Box in the main Matrix Property Window 3. Have Extended Description Box in the main Matrix Property Window 4. Supplier Item # in the Component Items Windows 5. Unit of Measurement in the main Matrix Property Window 6. Lastly, bigger Item Matrix Properties Window or an ability to resize it please. great suggestions! you should re-post as a suggestion through customersource so everyone can vote for them! "Nate" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in m...

Startup Item pops up twice, taskbar color flips
On an Acer Aspire One, I put a notepad TO DO file in All Users Startup and it comes up twice. On this machine, I also have a wierdness in that the taskbar sometimes comes up Blue XP and others grey (like Win 98). - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2 ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows...

Top Two Items per customer
I have a table called PT tbl. If a client has a status of Unacceptable (a field in the table) for two out of the three most recent dates (PT Date field), I need to find them and run a macro that will uncheck a box in another table (scope tbl). I am not sure if I need a macro only or if I need a query to first pull those who are the top two out of three or where to start here. I did get a query put together to show the top two, but it was just the top two dates out of the entire client list, not the top two per client. Any help out there? Thank you in advance for any on...

Create a Custom POS Button for Frequently Used Items
Hello to all here is a link how to create custom pos buttons I have try to use it but I get an error " BridgeReceptor::OnFireEvent unknown even fired: Thank you http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/rms_create_custom_button.aspx It sounds like you may have mistyped the command. It could also be an incorrect parameter, but probably something mistyped - make sure you get the right spaces and commas in the command... -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond ...

why 2 'sent items' folders when 1 isn't used?
Whenever I send an email a copy is stored in the sent items folders of my default account. I would prefer to have it saved in the sent items folder of my storage folders, but can't find any way to make that happen. Why have that second folder if it is not used? Mail accounts use the Sent Items folder within the account folder. Newsgroup messages use the Storage folders/Sent Items folder - ie..the second folder is used. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "corystes" <corystes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0374B5A-7A93-40CF-939C-921E5...

Highlight email items
Is there a way to highlight email items like one would highlight a row in Excel? Thanks Jerry <jerry.ranch@pioneer.com> wrote in message news:sd3qk1lpot5vbdp0dcce8bjt1ci92iuabs@4ax.com > Is there a way to highlight email items like one would highlight a row > in Excel? > Thanks > Jerry Single click. <jerry.ranch@pioneer.com> wrote in message news:sd3qk1lpot5vbdp0dcce8bjt1ci92iuabs@4ax.com... > Is there a way to highlight email items like one would highlight a row > in Excel? > Thanks > Jerry Use a rule to assign the new mail to a category. Customize...

Max items on Worksheet?
I have written a vb application that makes all the appropriate entries into the SQL database for Headquarters, it then automatically creates the worksheets and approves them. I have just process 50,000 updates to items, all on one worksheet. The worksheet has failed, I suspect because of a time-out error. Is there a "Rule of Thumb" for the max # of items in a worksheet to be processed? I appreciate your comments! Your in the deepest part of the jungle here, using your own machete too. Good luck sir. I would say there is a bug in your VB code not a time out. mte "Pa...

How to retrieve Item Lookup Code
I use AddItem hook to retrieve item details (lookupcode, qty, price) when an item is rung up. However, Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(E) does not have lookupcode property, how can I retrieve an item's lookupcode that is most important for my app? Please advise. -- Thanks, -lz I have found the answer myself. use Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(E).Item.ItemLookupcode -- Thanks, -lz "lzcouponex" wrote: > I use AddItem hook to retrieve item details (lookupcode, qty, price) when an > item is rung up. However, Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(E) does not ...

adding custom fields to calendar items
Hi I would like to add custom fields to calendar items, but can not see how to do this. I also want these to sync with pocket pc. thanks tim ...

return items to supplier/reporting
how we can return items to suppliers with in the same purchase order so that we don't effect the posting in QB2003 7 keep the inventory accurate any recomended software for reporting i need to be able to have a charts to compare the sales & customer loyalty to the store in an easy way thanks -- maher almasri maher, The approved RMS way is to issue a Transfer Out back to the supplier. SO Manager | Inventory | Transfer Out. Also I assume that you know that Intuit is forcing an update to QB 2003 by April 30. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outl...

auto trash deleted item
Hi, I am using exchange 2003 with sp2. Is there anyway I could set up a policy to purge deleted items in user's mailbox after it has been deleted certain days. You can create a mailbox management policy. 1. Go to Recipients Folder within ESM 2. Recipient Policies and click New 3. Recipient Policy and select "Mailbox Manager Settings" 4. Within the "General" tab, you can specify a "Filter Rule" on which objects the policy should apply to. 5. Within the "(Policy)" tab, you set the retension for each folder within a mailbox. Reference this ar...

Help creating items
I need to create these items: Luggage Set : They come 1 small- 1 medium- 1 large on every set. I need to order set and sell either sets or pieces. I tried setting the set as a parent and the pieces as childs but I am having problem with the inventory. When I order a set the qty for small-medium-large should increase 1 for each one, when I sell a set, qty for small-medium-large should decrease 1 for each one If I sell a medium luggage the qty for that piece should decrease, not the qty for the set. I do not need to reorder by piece, only by sets. Can somebody help me on this matter?? Fab...

Print a picking ticket for backordered items
If I print a pick ticket from a Sales Order Transactions navigation list using the Print Picking Ticket in the Adv Distribution section, it prints the SOP Blank Picking Ticket Bin Sequenced report. I'm fine with that...I can modify the report to look the way I want (and have done so). However, the report does not include backordered items. Is there a way to include backordered items on this report? Is is a filter on the temp file that is being created that is causing this? ...

Strange item on remote site will not import
I have imported a website and made changes but something on the remote site will not import, FP says it doesn't recognize the file type. The file is: mainwebsite_html and all the web pages are inside a folder named: mainwebsite_html.bk What does that mainwebsite_html do? The website is: www.stablehousestudio.ca I am afraid to overwrite the files in case nothing works because I don't know what this is about but I am guessing that this somehow references the webpages in the folder mainwebsite_html.bk Please help I don't know what to do. looks like a folder with ...

Reporting invoiced sales using sale line items via smartlist
I use the sales order processing module to enter invoices and returns. I created a report that reports sales and returns by sales line items for posted and unposted invoices via the smartlist. However, the report is not accurate because it includes invoices that were voided and adds the amounts for RETURNS to the total. As a result, the results are overstated. 1. What steps do I need to take to ensure that these voided invoices are not included? 2. What steps do I take to ensure the the sales line item for returns are subtratced from the total not added to the total? For voided ite...

edit variable length items in "Access" database tables
In my database table I am holding a variable length item in a database record; the item may be from two to six alphabetic characters long. Trailiing spaces pad the item where required. To print out the item in a report, the item itself is sandwiched between two fixed-length items separated by an oblique stroke, (forward slash): - ***/variable length/***. How can I suppress the trailing spaces in my variable length item when printing results ? Yours Sincerely, CHARLES WALKER Take a look at the RTrim function or even the Trim function. RTrim(SomeField) will trim trailing spaces off a...

Key chain items
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187196697_925891 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi, I installed MSN Messenger 4.01. I had 3.5 on. When it had installed, it asked if I wanted it to have access to my keychain items??? What in the heck does that mean?? Then I received a message about some msn daemon wanting access which I denied?? I�m a bit lost with this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Frank --B_3187196697_9...

automatically generate item look up code
is there anyway RMS can automatically generate items look up code according to items department. for example if we add an item in a department called "cigar" the item lookupcode should have a prefix of category "cigar" which can be "01" and then a serialized lookupcode. for example if the last item entered in the cigar category has code "01150" the next item we add in this department should automatically get the lookupcode as "01151". can anybody please give me any idea on how can i go about doing this. any advice or comment will be mu...

Echange deleted items sent to disabled
Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the deleted items retention selected? Dana wrote: > Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted > items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the > deleted items retention selected? Nope. Only from backup. Which is a royal pain. One of the first things you should enable when setting up Exchange is DIR...will save you a lot of headaches. Also - since you posted something related to this a few messages...

Empty deleted items, now cant view any messages or folders
Hi, I have a PST file with about 8 subfolders that is about 500MB in size. I did a "empty deleted items folder" on it today, and it seemed to delete *everything*, all messages and all subfolders. Only the deleted items folder (which is empty) is still visible. The actual PST is still there, and still 500 MB in size. I ran SCANPST.EXE on it, and it detected 1 error, fixed it, but there is still nothing there. Interestingly SCANPST.EXE summarizes that there are 8 folders but no items in the PST .. outlook shows no folders or items at all (except deleted items). Can anyone suggest ho...

Fabrikam
Hi I have a test VPC that I have updated from GP10 SP1 to GP10 SP2, and now tonight to GP10 SP3. I am noticing that the Item Resource Planning Screen is not showing all the fields that it should. The check Boxes for Move in, Move Out, etc are missing. The manufacturing Lead times are missing, the minimum, multiple, and max fields are missing. This screen displays correctly in GP10 SP1. Has anyone seem this, or have a solution? I have not done any transaction processing in these systems, other than the upgrade. There is a note on the upgrade about running the Item Cost Maintena...