Item.content field in RMS Items table

I was taking a look at the structure of the item table in RMS 1.3,
Headquarters.
At the end of the record is a field called "Content". It is an ntext field.
I don't see anyplace on the Item Properties form where this field is
referenced.

Is this an obsolete field, and if so, would it be safe for me to utilize
this field for some of my custom information?

--
Bill Yater
The Worth Collection

0
BillYater (133)
8/15/2007 7:02:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bill,
There are a few fields in the Item table that either have never been
implemented or are no longer in use.  It should be safe to use contents.  We
have used this field in the past and have suffered no problem.

--
Thank you,

Ryan Sakry
Program Manager
Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE)
rsakry@rite.us
http://www.rite.us
320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office)
320-230-1796 (Fax)
"Bill Yater" <BillYater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was taking a look at the structure of the item table in RMS 1.3,
> Headquarters.
> At the end of the record is a field called "Content". It is an ntext
> field.
> I don't see anyplace on the Item Properties form where this field is
> referenced.
>
> Is this an obsolete field, and if so, would it be safe for me to utilize
> this field for some of my custom information?
>
> --
> Bill Yater
> The Worth Collection
> byater@worthltd.com

0
rsakry (322)
8/15/2007 7:06:48 PM
Are the item caption fields not suitable for this purpose?  (store ops
manager - file - configuration - captions - item); the content field may not
be used in the current version, but MS may reserve the right to use it in
future versions; hope this helps...

"Bill Yater" wrote:

> I was taking a look at the structure of the item table in RMS 1.3,
> Headquarters.
> At the end of the record is a field called "Content". It is an ntext field.
> I don't see anyplace on the Item Properties form where this field is
> referenced.
>
> Is this an obsolete field, and if so, would it be safe for me to utilize
> this field for some of my custom information?
>
> --
> Bill Yater
> The Worth Collection
> byater@worthltd.com

0
convoluted (621)

can't use the from field to send mail from another mailbox
I installed the exchange roll up fix kbfix KB870540 per: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-021 Vulnerability in Exchange Server Could Allow Remote Code Execution (894549) and now when a user who has access to another mailbox and is currently using their own mailbox can't use the from field to send mail from the other mailbox. They receive an error message "you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object". see the folder contact or your system administrator". The only workaround i found is to allow them send on behalf of, this allows th...

Pivot Table
When I save a Pivot Table with interactivity as a web page the groups are lost. Is there a way to include the groups? ...

Change colour of a field
Hi Guys, Are you able to change the colour of a field dependant on the fields current value in datasheet view. When the output from a query is opened, I want to be able to have differeent colours for different values. Ie when the value in a field is hertz I want the datsheet view to be green, yet when the value is Custom Fleet I want the colour to be Green... Am I able to do this from the Datasheet view (output from a query)?? many thanks in advance ?? Cheers, DontKnow - You can use Conditional Formatting on the field. You are limited in the number of options you ha...

Copying Address Fields into More Addresses Side Tabs
Hi. I am trying to make a copyAddress button for a case where ShipTo is the Same as BillTo Address.I am able to do this alright with the SDK and this works both when the implementation uses the Address2 Tabs and for the More Addresses Tab. However when I try to do the same with Javascript I am able to copy the Address1 fields into Address2 Tab using something like. crmform.fieldname2.value = crmform.fieldname1.value plus some miscellaneous code in the onchange events.This too works. My query at this point is: Is there any way to do the same using javascript for the More Addresses Side Tab.Or...

how do i remove the item from clipboard?
everytime i copy and use paste, an item "hello!" appears, i cannot use the copy or cut on shortcut keys , please help. edit Menu| Office Clipboard This will show the clipboard on the right hand side of screen, there should be a button at the top of the clipboard labeled "Clear all" Martin "nano" wrote: > everytime i copy and use paste, an item "hello!" appears, i cannot use the > copy or cut on shortcut keys , please help. ...

Appending tables using VBA
Hello, Say for example I have two huge tables I want to append together, out of the 200 fields, 190 of them have exactly the same name and will be mapped to exactly the same place, but the rest 10 do not have the same name although they do have a corresponding mapping to the target table (say field: "Last Name" mapped to field name "LName" and so on), now, one way to write the SQL string is of course to map the field one by one, but is there anyway I could just write out the mapping of the 10 fields that are different and save the work to write out the mapping of the rest 1...

combine two tables in a query
i have 2 queries that share the fields "who" "when" and "amount". One reports the value of daily labour (time out - time in * hourly wage) for the employee (who). While the other shows the amount paid on a particular date. When I create a query that includes these 2 queries and links the "who" field between them I get a result that shows 5664 records where are only 260 when you add the record count from the 2 queries that I'm using here. I'd like to have a query that would report the amount owed out at any given time. Just as an additio...

Merge multiple records in the same table in access
Hello I am dealing with some unfriendly import files which import as: timestamp position name 001 2 Jon 001 3 Bob 001 1 Ann 001 4 Mike 002 1 Joe 002 2 Sue 003 1 Jeff 004 5 James 004 1 Andy 004 2 Beth 004 4 Mitch 004 3 Chris And would like to create a new table that displays thusly: timestamp position1 ...

Pivot Table in Excel not reading Access Query
I use Access link to a SQL server database and then run queries in Access. I wanted to do a Pivot Table in Excel because of other users able in the office. I can't get Excel to import or even show one of the queries in Access where I use MonthName to get the month's name and not a number. If I use the month's number, all is well. It is not a big deal just wondering why it won't work. Is there a way to change the number to a name in Excel's Pivot Table as I can' get =Text(cell,"MMMM") to work in the calculated field. Thanks for any help. Lee ...

supplier & item cost different
I have a customer that has HQ and 9 stores. The supplier cost has a different price from the item cost. He wants the supplier cost to match the same price as the item cost, since item cost is the correct price. Is there a way to change it at HQ and than run a worksheet for the stores?....or do you have to run sql statement for that? Thanks for your help Dave This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01FA_01C6A5AC.D7EEB0A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable DCR, In SO Manager | File | Configuration | ...

Pivot tables and drop-down lists
I want to create a pivot table that summarizes expences in different categories. To do this I use a drop-down list containing these categories, something like this: category expence amount fun beer 10 fun trip to the movies 20 insurance life insurance 40 ... In the case of creating a pivot table summarizing over the categories how do i include unused categories? Thank you ! -- lorentzen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lorentzen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

what happened to the table controls
Just upgraded from Publisher 2000 to 2003 ... what happened to the control "buttons" (the small tabs on the outside) on tables that would allow you to select a row, column or the entire table? Place your cursor close to the row or column you want to highlight, an arrow will appear. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Rob Odum" <RobOdum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4387D516-05DE-4ECE-A158-EAC92CA31877@microsoft.com... > Just upgraded from Publisher 2000 to 2003 ... what h...

VSTO 2008 how to bind Form Region controls to Item data fields
Hi, perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer. I'm using Outlook 2007. So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer. Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT: I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item?? Also how can I add "Outlook Specific cont...

Changing a text field to a number
Hello there! I imported a MS Project file in excel and I have values in cell like 3.5d (3 and a half days)...I would like to browse all cells and remove the day to get only the numbers... The 'd' is always the last character in the cell... I tried using a macro but failed... Has anyone any idea about how to browse a column (top to bottom), remove all the "d" and go to the next column on top Thank you so muchfor your precious help Michel On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:17:29 -0500, "Michel Khennafi" <mkhennafi@mke.catalystwms.com> wrote: >Hello there! > >...

Label template for ZEBRA LP 2824 RMS windows driver
does anyone have a label template for the ZEBRA LP 2824 with 2.25X1.25 labels/ tags ? I would preffer to use it with the label designer Thanks Robert Hi Robert - what we've done in the past is open one of the avery tags with label designer and start tweaking it to your liking - then save it as "Robert Tag" or some unique name; this will retain the ability view your design; you'll need to play though with the sizing of the different objects until they print well with your zebra; once you set the paper size in the printer properties (in both the general and advanced ta...

want 2 place a drop down window in word table
Want to add a drop down window into a word table. Can not find any useful tool on Office to perform this task. What will this "window" do? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "G" <G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7250C4AC-29AE-4B08-9425-8F8D03CB1BAE@microsoft.com... > Want to add a drop down window into a word table. Can not find any useful > tool on Office to perform this task. > ...

How to stop pivot table crashing in Excel 2007
In a large spreadsheet with several tabs I’m having a problem with excel crashing while making a pivot table after a specific series of events happen. On the main data tab I have both several columns populated by data from an Access query and several columns populated by assorted formulas (date 1st of month & vlookup). If I do this excel crashes: 1) Start a pivot table & chart from main data tab by clicking the icon from the toolbar 2) Put the chart on a separate tab from the pivot table 3) Try to drag & drop any field that is populated by a formula I can drag around other f...

Replacing null values in text fields
Hi, i have created a query from just one table, which is basically a list of Financial transactions. There is a field called supplier code, in this query. Most of the transactions have a supplier code, but there are a few that don't. i've got another table that has the supplier name against the supplier code. i want to bring this table into the query, so that i can show the supplier names against those records in the query that have a supplier code. when i add this table and link the 2 tables up and put the supplier name into the query. The query excludes the records with no s...

Command Button To Delete Text In Single Field In Record
Hello All, I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a table. "Enquirys" form is called "Enquiry_Date_Reset" On the form i want to scroll to a particular record and then press a button which will clear the date which is stored in the [Date Sent] field for that particular record set. (Not the whole record) is this possible? Regards Dan On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:08:56 -0700, dan.cawthorne@gmail.com wrote: > Hello All, > > I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a > table. "Enquirys" > > form ...

RMS Accouting Solution?
We are getting ready to implement RMS solution in a one store one lane retail environment, with possibly adding a second store with one lane later down the road. It looks like Quickbooks Pro 2006 is the best solution to intergrate with RMS for accouting and payroll. Is this so, or are there any other good solutions? Should we expect any signficant hurrdles with the intergration? Thanks Mark Garcia I haven't tried it yet myself, so this is just hearsay, but from previous posts it appears that Intuit has changed QB 2006 in a way that disables the RMS integration. If this is the case...

Refresh the pivot table automatically
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'If data on this worksheet changes, refresh the pivot table Sheets("Pivot").PivotTables("PivotTable1").RefreshTable End Sub I use this coding to refresh the pivot table once the data in the sheet (Book1.xls)changed. However, the problems is the data I actually refer from another workbook, Book2.xls The data are entered by the users every week. Then I will copy the workbook with the updated data to replace the original workbook. The pivot table cannot refresh automatically and I will have to refresh the pivot tab...

SVC00106 table errors with vendor combiner
Does anyone know what table SVC00106 is for and how it is populated? We are on Dynamics 10 and use RMA and RTV, but not service. When I try to combine vendors using the professional services tool it gives me a duplicate key error referencing this table. It appears to be the existence of the line it doesn't like, not the information the line contains. This table contains vendors that were added through sometime in 2006, nothing more recent. If I combine two vendors and at least one of them was added after 2006 I received no errors. Can this table be deleted? Since it hasn'...

No task items in To-Do list on upgrade to OL2007
On upgrading I find that I have no tasks showing on the To-Do List or Bar. I get the message in the Bar space 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' Also at start up I get a balloon that says 'Some of the reminders could not be set.' I have searched for this without any answer to it. Am I missing something? Thanks. -- John Whyte Start Outlook with the resettodobar switch; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /resettodobar (note the space in the command) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.h...

Profit margin field in report
Hi Can anyone provide a copy of the Reports > Items > Price List report with a column for profit margin, calculated from the 'Cost' & 'Price' fields Many thanks Hi Jeff Many thanks for that - we don't deserve you. I don't wish to be a pest, but is there any way of having another column with PM calculated without the sales tax? i.e. derived from (price - sales tax) and cost Also can you reccommend a site or book where I can learn to edit the Active reports myself. Many thanks again "Jeff" wrote: > Connawarra, > > Try this one at...

CH field in RMS Customer Reports
What does this CH field represent? Cutomer History? This field is available in the RMS Customer Reports, but I don't know where it's getting it's information from, or what it means. Any clarification would be helpful. ...