Item Search Error

Hi

I'm running MS POS, when I type / scan an item in the serch box provided at
the top, it keeps searching by Customer name and returns " the customer was
not found".

I really want it to search by Item #. Is there something I am doing wrong or
is it a bug in the system?

Thanks

0
onaelw (5)
7/31/2009 3:40:59 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In MS POS (not RMS) a scan and a search will behave a bit differently.  If
your scanner isn't setup properly you could get some mixed results.

First, about scanners... Your scanner needs to be configured as a device for
the register.  Unlike RMS even a keyboard wedge device needs to be setup.
This is done by selecting the device from the left side of the page and
moving it to the right side of the page on the Register Properties dialog.
You should be able to use the Hardware Test to verify that it is working.
You won't see any text appear in the search box in POS if the scanner is
setup properly.  If you can see the text in the field after scanning, try a
different setup.

Assuming the scanner is setup properly, and POS gets a "scan", it will
search for Items across these fields: Item Number, Barcode Number, and Alias.
 It will also search for Customers by the Customer Number.  If a receipt is
scanned, a transaction can be recalled by the Transaction Number.

If you hand enter a string in the search box and press Enter, POS will first
look for a single exact match of an Item Number.  If that is found, the item
should be added to the transaction.  If not, it will search across a broader
set of Item and Customers, which include names and descriptions, and return a
mixed list based on the results.  Transactions cannot be searched using this
method.

If you want to only search Items or only search Customers, you can type your
search string in the box, and then select Items -> Search, or Customers ->
Search.

I hope this helps.

Jeff

"Dawn Oneal" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm running MS POS, when I type / scan an item in the serch box provided at
> the top, it keeps searching by Customer name and returns " the customer was
> not found".
>
> I really want it to search by Item #. Is there something I am doing wrong or
> is it a bug in the system?
>
> Thanks

ExMerge 'Error configuring message service'
Hi All, I am running into this error when trying to import a PST into Exchange 2003 SP1 (on SBS 2003): Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile) I know this matches a KB article exactly, but the PST is NOT read only (I have even made it read only and then not read only just to make sure). I am pretty sure I have correctly removed deny send and receive as. I can export to a PST from the mailbox in question and then re-import the exported PST. The mailbox does not have any limits and does have messages so it is initialize...

stack fault error when browsing address book
I have a problem that occurs when browsing the address book "Contacts" that results in the error message: OUTLOOK has caused a stack fault in MSPST32.DLL and the termination of Outlook I've updated the Win98Se and the Office 2000, tried the steps in the KB218853, and searched the newsgroup and KB to no avail. Also tried the Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) which found only minor problems and repaired them. I can look at the entire "Contacts" folder in Outlook without problems. This does not appear to be related to any contact record. Thanks Steve ...

Report: "You have no transactions for the item you selected."
Hi, I've run into a glitch I can't figure out. I'm working with the Monthly income and expenses report. There are amounts listed under the Income - Unassigned category. When I double-click the category to see the transactions, I get the message in the Subject. I did a split-half search to find the supposed account that it registering the amount, but cannot find any transactions that are in error. I tried a Standard Repair without any change. Help! I should add that this is Money 2007. "Robert Berus" <rberus@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:OFn...

Case select returning error when cell contains #N/A : how must i avoid this error
Title says it all Thanks, Luc maybe this will do what you want Sub test() If Not IsError(Range("C1").Value) Then Select Case Range("C1").Value Case 1 MsgBox "1" Case 2 MsgBox "2" End Select End If End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Luc" <lferr@live.be> wrote in message news:7AB07996-F1EE-41C1-8D9D-8A7DA54CED91@microsoft.com... > Title says it all > > Thanks, > > Luc Thanks for your help !!!!! Luc "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com> schreef in berich...

Error Code: 0x8024D007
Hi all: I have tried pretty much evrything listed here in other discussions. It appears that my last update was January 2010. I am running XP sp3. I would hope by now Microsoft would have a general fix for WUS issues. I know this is a compllex issue but so many people can no longer get updtaes. is this their way of trying to force us all to Win 7? Any help would be appreciated. Thx Michael Michael, The most common cause of error 0x8024D007 is that registry files that correspond to the Wups2.dll file are missing. However, the problem can also be caused by other mis...

power point error
get the following error when double clicking a slideshow in Outlook: Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library. PSAPI.DLL Originally I thought it could be a problem with PowerPoint 2007 so I had Unistalled the Office suite and reinstalled it however the problem still arised. Even repairing the Office suite did not help. I tried using the sfc /scannow but to no avale. I also tried renaming the PSAPI.DLL to PSAPIOLD.DLL rebooted the machine and then it created a new PSAPI.DLL file. Still the error arises. Then I had tried repar...

Search criteria
I have a search form that selects records from a query when the value of two fields (txtmonth-a date field and txtcompnay- a text field) in the query match the value of two controls (txtsearch and txtsearch2) on my form. However I want to change the code so that the serach criteria works like this: Find records where: txtsearch=txtcompany and txtsearch2 is blank txtsearch2=txtmonth and txtsearch is blank txtsearch=txtcompany AND txtsearch2=txtmonth Here is my current code: Private Sub txtSearch_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) If KeyAscii = 13 Then 'execute search ...

Error C2440 cannot convert from void
I got this error a few days ago and after much searching and still stuck on the problem. Any help given will be greatly appreciated. Error 1 error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CPage1::* )(void)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* )(WPARAM,LPARAM)' The error occurred in this code: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CPage1, CPropertyPage) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CPage1) ON_WM_DESTROY() ON_WM_TIMER() ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_PROV_ADD, OnButtonProvAdd) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_PROV_EDIT, OnButtonProvEdit) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BU...

Conversion Errors Table
Hello, I'm new to working with Access, I just converted an Access 97 databas into Access 2002. It tells me there were errors, and to look at th Conversion Errors Table. But nowhere in the message or in the MS Hel is there anything telling me where to find this table. Can someon help? Thanks Patric -- psha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pshaw's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=493 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=125029 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i I'd expect to find it in the new...

no change pivot item.
i want to can not change pivotitems in the pivotfields. namely pivotitems restircted. How can I do in VBA? *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

How to search against XML files in the file system?
Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred way to find terms in XML files located on the file system? Like finding stuff saved in XML files some of the blogs use these days to store their blog items? There can be lots and lots and lots of XML files on the file system to search. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ clintonG wrote: > Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred > way to find terms in XML files located ...

Add items from an external application to RMS transaction grid
Is there a way to add items from an external application to MS RMS transaction grid? I want to add items using windows application or web application to RMS transaction grid. Kindly help how to add from an external application. Thanks for help in advance. You would need an Add-in for RMS to make this happen. If you are yourself not sure how to make this happen, I would consult with your RMS partner, or any of the other partners on this forum, including my company, that specialize in creating customization for RMS. If you are interested in getting an estimate for this work please f...

Error Msg.
Can anyone decipher this error message: DVZMSGR caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0167:78001296. Registers: EAX=00650078 CS=0167 EIP=78001296 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=0075000c SS=016f ESP=0063f728 EBP=0063f748 ECX=0064fc40 DS=016f ESI=0000003f FS=393f EDX=00650448 ES=016f EDI=0000003f GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 89 4c 11 fc 8b 75 f0 03 d1 8d 4e 01 89 0a 89 4c Stack dump: 00000000 00000040 780013d0 816d0238 00000050 006503c0 0064fc40 00000001 0063f77c 7800145c 0075000c 00000000 ffffffff 780013d0 bff7b9c5 816d0204 ...

Money 2004 Deluxe Start error after install
After a fresh install of Money 2004 Deluxe in Windows XP Home I get an error box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered an error and needs to close" There is a box checked that says " Restart Microsoft Money" but it never restarts. Th error signature - AppVer: 12.0.0.613 Mod Name: kernel32.dll Offset: 00013887 Under technical information - Exception information Code: 0xe06d7363 Flags: 0x00000001 Address: 0x0000000077e73887 Is this a Windows error or did I waste my money on a software package. Please help - thanks In microsof...

Help Needed With Write Conflict Error Message.
I have an order form that users open and close on a regular basis. The form is based on a query. On the form are two fields, "TicketPrinted" and "RevisedDate". Most of the time the field "Ticket Printed" has a value in it of "Yes". What I want to be able to do is that if a date is entered into this "RevisedDate" field, OR if the information is changed in this "Revised Date" field, that when the user closed the form, an update query runs that changes the "TicketPrinted" field from the original value of "Yes"...

XmlValidatingReader unbelievable error
Hi everyone, I am trying now for 4-5 hours to write a simple code to validate a very simple XML and i still get an error. Here is my Code, and i always get an error at args.Exception ("The 'urn:books:catalog' element is not declared. An error occurred at file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/LakisService/books.xml, (2, 2).") private void Button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { XmlTextReader r = new XmlTextReader(Server.MapPath("books.xml")); XmlSchema xs = new XmlSchema(); xs.SourceUri = Server.MapPath("books.xsd"); XmlValidatingReader v = new X...

Update Sales Item through Web Service
I'm using the web service to create and update data within Great Plains. And i can create a sales item, but is it possible to use it to update a sales item? Say the description changes. Can I do an update using the webservice? ...

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...

Blank lines on Purchase Order Line Item Comments
I'm having a problem that some purchase order are print blank lines in the line item comments section. I'm currently using a large text box to print the comments on the report. It seems like it's trying to fille the space with blank lines, sometimes. I've checked for CR-LF on the POs, but don't see any. Are there some escape key sequences that might trigger this? Some other reason I'm over looking? A better way to display PO line item comments? Thanks If the PO is a graphical format the report will hold the space for the text box independent of how much text is in it...

replace error by value
Hi, Can anyone tell me how I can change an error msg (f.e. #DIV/O!) by any value ? I have a formula that generates an error msg, but I want to change it by ZERO. Thanks, Fabian =IF(ISERROR(your_formula),0,your_formula) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Can anyone tell me how I can change an error msg (f.e. >#DIV/O!) by any value ? > >I have a formula that generates an error msg, but I want >to change it by ZERO. > >Thanks, >Fabian >. > Hi change your formula to something like =IF(B1=0,0,A1/B1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Fra...

Business Portal Error During Installation
Hi, I am trying to install Business Portal 2.0, I have prepared a Share Point Server with windows 2003 installed, but when I try to install Business Portal it si giving me this error message "The database (Comany ID) on SQL Server (Server Name) does not meet minimum requirements-your back office data must be at vesion 7.x" although our Great Plains version is 7.5 with service pack 1 installed. Any suggestions about this issue will be highly appreciated. Mohammad, Thanks for using the newsgroup. I have seen this error before. In the cases I saw it, it was due to incorrect d...

Crystal Logon Error 05-18-05
I am having major problems trying to get Crystal to work (and it's my last thing)! When trying to access the reports I get the logon error message. I've been through the posted messages and tried pretty much everything. (Services, NT Authority etc). If I go into the Crystal Configuration manager and enable servers they are in there as not enabled. Selecting enable all then gives me this message; your license key is invalid or has expired. If you received a temporary license key by purchasing another crystal product you must register Crystal Enterprise to receive your permanent l...

An error occurred while enlisting in a distributed transaction.
I have an online store, it is a ASP.net application. It runs fine on my test environment, which is windows 2003. This ASP.net application collects orders information and send them to a MSMQ. I am using eConnect_API (7.0.4.0) and eConnectSerilization.dll (1.0.1439.30715). Once they get into MSMQ, I have a window service( home made, using eConnect_API) to drop the data to Great Plain. When all servers (the web server, the Great Plain database) are local (that means all inside firewall), the whole system works fine. Now, I am in the middle of deploying the application to the production se...

Error code C00D11BA
ok - here's a mystery: i run windows mp10 and nero on a 64bit xp - sp3. both players have performed very well up until last night. now when i attempt to play a file, i get the error above - which makes no sense in the context of my recent experience w/mp10. and i also noticed that my nero player just sort of freezes up when i try to play a file as well - no audio no nothin. interesting enough, under the sound and audio device properties window, the options in the audio and voice tabs are grayed out. this was not the case earlier, as these options were clearly available just ...

Run-Time Error 3070 when using FindFirst
I have two forms, one with summary data and one showing the full record. I am trying to open the full record, by double clicking on the summary record. Both forms use the same record set. Whe I do a debugm the "me.ConId" gives the right value. The error says that the that MS Access does not recognise "ContactId" as a valid fieldname. ConId is an alais of ContactId and formated as an integer I have checked the groups for this error, but only found solutions for text related data. Not sure if it applies to number dat. The code used is as follows:- Private Sub ConId_Db...