Is RMS right for me?

I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected to
each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just
really for
"small reatail" stores?
0
mymobile (15)
3/20/2005 1:51:04 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

mymobile wrote:
> I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected to
> each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just
> really for
> "small reatail" stores?
Hi mymobile,

	I work with RMS into five supermarkets (food markets) with fiscal
printer (italian market). The problem of RMS are discounts.. the markets
has more discount, not only quantity discount and sale price..
(level-discount, fidelity discount etc), but until today I was able to
solve the problems of customer...

bye
Antonio
0
amazzeo (368)
3/21/2005 11:56:44 AM
How did RMS solve your problem?

"Antonio Mazzeo" wrote:

> mymobile wrote:
> > I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected to
> > each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just
> > really for
> > "small reatail" stores?
> Hi mymobile,
>
> 	I work with RMS into five supermarkets (food markets) with fiscal
> printer (italian market). The problem of RMS are discounts.. the markets
> has more discount, not only quantity discount and sale price..
> (level-discount, fidelity discount etc), but until today I was able to
> solve the problems of customer...
>
> bye
> Antonio

0
mymobile (15)
3/21/2005 2:17:07 PM
mymobile wrote:
> How did RMS solve your problem?

First.. what's your problem (or customer problems?). The markets are of
1 customer, they are not mine :(

The stores are located in Sardinia (Italy) and in summer they are 500
transactions by days.

Bye
Antonio
0
amazzeo (368)
3/21/2005 2:43:09 PM
Supermarkets are not really a strong vertical for RMS.  It can usually work
well in a small to mid size grocery, and it can be implemented to handle a
high transaction volume, but a supermarket tends to have needs that RMS does
not address.  For instance, I've never heard of a good way to handle
manufacturer's coupons.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"mymobile" <mymobile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected
> each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just
> really for
> "small reatail" stores?

0
glenn1806 (721)
3/21/2005 3:32:58 PM
Contact me I have a suggestion.
Allied@alliedpos.com
"mymobile" <mymobile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected
> each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just
> really for
> "small reatail" stores?

0
Rick5747 (287)
3/21/2005 4:36:22 PM
Our supermarkets handles around 5,000 to 8,000 transactions per day per
branch. With 6 branches, we handle an overall total of around 48,000
transactions/day. So RMS is not right for me? We have had a demo and seems
that all functions are working with our procedures. What other needs that RMS
does not address aside from manufacturer's coupons?

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Supermarkets are not really a strong vertical for RMS.  It can usually work
> well in a small to mid size grocery, and it can be implemented to handle a
> high transaction volume, but a supermarket tends to have needs that RMS does
> not address.  For instance, I've never heard of a good way to handle
> manufacturer's coupons.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "mymobile" <mymobile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected
> > each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just
> > really for
> > "small reatail" stores?

0
mymobile (15)
3/22/2005 1:17:04 AM
RMS is ok but to many keystrokes. Take a look at the DataSym Merlin 6670. It
was made from the ground up for grocery. A lot of stuff is in grocery not
inculding WIC, Food Stamps(RMS DOES THIS) and extensive mix and match.
Floating Cashiers etc.
"

0
Rick5747 (287)
3/22/2005 1:41:06 AM
If you've seen a demo that addresses your procedures and workflow, that's
great!  RMS is a very adaptable system; there aren't very many situations
that it can't be made to cover.  Sounds like the partner you're working with
has already worked around the special needs of a supermarket, or at least
YOUR supermarket.

The transaction volume should not be a problem, except that as Rick pointed
out in his post RMS may be a bit slow due to the number of keystrokes.

--

> Our supermarkets handles around 5,000 to 8,000 transactions per day per
> branch. With 6 branches, we handle an overall total of around 48,000
> transactions/day. So RMS is not right for me? We have had a demo and seems
> that all functions are working with our procedures. What other needs that
> RMS
> does not address aside from manufacturer's coupons?
>

> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> Supermarkets are not really a strong vertical for RMS.  It can usually
>> work
>> well in a small to mid size grocery, and it can be implemented to handle
>> high transaction volume, but a supermarket tends to have needs that RMS
>> does
>> not address.  For instance, I've never heard of a good way to handle
>> manufacturer's coupons.
>>
>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>

>> "mymobile" <mymobile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets
>> >connected
>> > each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its
>> > just
>> > really for
>> > "small reatail" stores?

0
glenn1806 (721)
3/22/2005 3:57:40 PM
Oh well everything seems to work fine with just one more problem. How about
customizations? There's now problem with customizations?

Thanks

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> If you've seen a demo that addresses your procedures and workflow, that's
> great!  RMS is a very adaptable system; there aren't very many situations
> that it can't be made to cover.  Sounds like the partner you're working with
> has already worked around the special needs of a supermarket, or at least
> YOUR supermarket.
>
> The transaction volume should not be a problem, except that as Rick pointed
> out in his post RMS may be a bit slow due to the number of keystrokes.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "mymobile" <mymobile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Our supermarkets handles around 5,000 to 8,000 transactions per day per
> > branch. With 6 branches, we handle an overall total of around 48,000
> > transactions/day. So RMS is not right for me? We have had a demo and seems
> > that all functions are working with our procedures. What other needs that
> > RMS
> > does not address aside from manufacturer's coupons?
> >

> > "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> >
> >> Supermarkets are not really a strong vertical for RMS.  It can usually
> >> work
> >> well in a small to mid size grocery, and it can be implemented to handle
> >> high transaction volume, but a supermarket tends to have needs that RMS
> >> does
> >> not address.  For instance, I've never heard of a good way to handle
> >> manufacturer's coupons.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Glenn Adams
> >> Tiber Creek Consulting
> >> http://www.tibercreek.com
> >> glenn@tibercreek.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> >> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >>

> >> "mymobile" <mymobile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mymobile (15)
3/23/2005 2:57:01 PM
Hi Antonio,

You must have solution of the food expiry date? can you please share some
your tips?

Regards,
Jason Yi

"Antonio Mazzeo" wrote:

> mymobile wrote:
> > I just would like to know if RMS can handle 7 large supermarkets connected to
> > each other via HQ. Can it handle large volume of transactions or its just
> > really for
> > "small reatail" stores?
> Hi mymobile,
>
> 	I work with RMS into five supermarkets (food markets) with fiscal
> printer (italian market). The problem of RMS are discounts.. the markets
> has more discount, not only quantity discount and sale price..
> (level-discount, fidelity discount etc), but until today I was able to
> solve the problems of customer...
>
> bye
> Antonio

0
JasonYi (15)

I need to import quicksell 2000 into Miscrosoft Dynamics RMS
I need help from anyone who has any ideal on how to export from quicksell 2000 into rms 2.0. I don't know anything about either of these programs. I need to get this program up and running ASAP. -- Thank you for all your help, Rustylady after you have the RMS application installed create a new database from the blank database template, then use the import from quicksell 2000 command. this is all found in the administrator. -- Aaron Kessler President, @ce Computing, inc 718-261-3375 "Rustylady" <Rustylady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C08D1ABC-B...

RMS Store Ops should have a Related Items Tab in Item properties
RMS Store Ops 1.3 There should be a tab in item properties to set-up related items. This would be very useful if you're using software, like Nitrosell, to sync RMS with your webstore. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busine...

could not go offline due to missing rights on queue crm
When I try to go offline using the CRM Outlook client I receive the following error: "could not go offline due to missing rights on queue crm" has anyone experienced this and do you have a solution? Specs: Microsoft CRM 3.0 server and laptop client. Your Crm user role should have at least "read" privilege on Queue entity. Check your Role privileges. Andrei Smertin [MSFT] "CB" wrote: > When I try to go offline using the CRM Outlook client I receive the following > error: > > "could not go offline due to missing rights on queue crm" ...

Administrative rights to mailboxes
Hello, I'd posted this a while ago, but I'm still seeing a small issue. We used to be using Exchange 5.5, and with that, as administrator I could log in to someone else's mailbox to change their out of office setting. We're on Exchange 2003 now. Unfortunately I have to do this occasionally since people seem to have a problem remembering to do this, so I get a call asking me to do it. I was told that I could do this by going to https://server/exchange/mailbox and logging in with the administrator account. However, if I do this, it just asks me to authenticate again ...

is it alright to remove admin right for Dynsa
my customer informed that the Dynsa is violate their company standard , as it is the systems adminstrator . As Dynsa is the db owner of Dynamics and company db , is it alright to remove the admin right for Dynsa ? any impact when running the GP ? DYNSA, as you mentioned below, is the database owner of Microsoft Dynamics GP databases. You can restrict any rights within the application itself for DYNSA, for example, changing the role from POWERUSER to NOROLE, where NOROLE is a role created with access to nothing. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business...

how to add paste special command to right click menu
I use the "paste special" command often in Publisher 2007 to paste in excel spreadsheet links. I would like to put it in the "right click" menu instead of going to the edit menu and then selecting "paste special" Can I do this? You can customize the toolbar. Right-click any toolbar, click customize, Commands tab, Edit, drag the Paste special to the toolbar. While the customize dialog is open, right-click the Paste Special and select a new icon if you prefer. (Change Button Image) or create one of your own. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Iri...

how can I tell which license a RMS register used? and returning the same item more than once ?
I have 4 licenses and due to hardware problems and rebuilt machines I have lost track of which machines used which licenses. How can I determine that? Also how do I move a license? The software doesn't list any numbers to contact MS or even any suggestions on what to do it just keeps asking for a valid license key. I noticed today that it is possible to return the same item more than once. Is there any way to prevent that? Thank you ...

Building a custom credit card interface into RMS
Hi: We are deploying RMS along with a .Net based application that we have developed to a series of customer sites that, for contractual reasons must use a custom credit card processing interface which (obviously, since it is custom) isn't supported by the product. We've had a difficult time finding detailed info on the APIs, sample code, etc... for the product. The MS sites don't seem to have much info in this area. Has anyone done this? Can you point me at some info related to the topic? I would appreciate it. Thanks John You have to write what RMS calls a 'hook function&...

A hint in the right direction... please :)
We have a small business selling computer products and now we have a website to sell the products on. We have 3 main suppliers each with a few thousand products and currently I am using a macro (many infact) in excel to combine the current data files we get from each supplier into one file that gets uploaded to the website for import. However we would like to move the whole thing over to access to hopefully speed up the daily process of creating the file for upload. I get similar data from each supplier although obviously the columns arn't in the same order etc and one supplier has info th...

Need 5-7 day evaluation mode for RMS 2.0 POS stations
For emergency recovery periods and upgrade testing, RMS 2.0 POS station needs to be able to run in "evaluation" mode for 5-7 days. This gets you over the hump in case of a machine failure and gives you time to call MS to get new computer activated when a failure occurs - or - if you are able to repair the old system within a few days, you can swap back and continue running as before. -- John M. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" bu...

Microsoft RMS in a restaurant environment
Has anyone ever used the Microsoft RMS Software in a restaurant environment? The scenario would be a server would take an order on a handticket, the ticket would someone be transmitted to a cook (via computer) and at the same time the drink order would go to the bar. The client would then pay on the receipt. Any suggestions or information if this would work, and how? Andrea How you would do this is by NOT buying RMS definitely not a good fit for the Restaurant business for many many reasons, try www.dinerware.com Rob "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Money Plus
I just installed Money Plus (was running 2006) on my XP Pro.SP2 machine. Installation, conversion of money file and an update all went fine. Issue is that it takes about 9 minutes to open the money file. I removed spend by category and spending tracker from the home page and that made a giant improvment down to about 60 seconds to open. Is this a muke the bills situation? A level 2 repair found nothing wrong. Performance with 2006 with spending tracker etc was fine. Would appreciate a point in the right direction. I went back to 2006 so all is fine now, but need Plus for the 2 year q...

CListCtrl, Right clik-->Copy to clipboard-->Ctrl-V
Does anyone how to implement "Right Click-->Copy to Clipboard-->Ctrl-V" with CListCtrl control. I would like the functionality of copying the content of a CListCtrl into Word editor. Thanks, cy163 -- cy163cy163 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ for(int i = 0; i < ctl.GetCount(); i++) // or GetItemCount, I forget { ...form string based on elements in CListCtrl } Write string as CF_TEXT. Note that i...

getting VERY close in getting RPC_over_HTTP right.OWA warning is gone
Hi guys (Exc2003 and outlook 2003) My first warning is gone after changing my url to be the same as certificate name.Thanks to oliver and andy.If i now try and connect by entering "outlook.exe /rpcdiag" in the run box i keep on getting the box where i must enter credentials. If i ping "servername.externaldomain.co.za" then i get a reply. However the box that keeps on popping up after i put in my credentials is trying to connect to "servername.thedomainthatweusewithinournetwork.local". If i try and ping this i get a request timed out which tells me it tryin...

Back-up RMS
When I go to backup my database, I now select a previous backup, and copy over it. The problem I am having is that sometimes RMS crashes when I go to backup, and it takes the whole file with it? Example I have Friday.bck Friday1.bck and Friday2.bck...when I select Friday2.bck, and click save it asks me to replace and I say yes...if RMS crashes, when I go back to look for Friday2.bck it's GONE??? -- Thank You,; Vince On Fri, 6 May 2005 21:11:15 -0700, "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <cut/> crash without message error?? Antonio p.s. you can...

Dear RMS Users, please have some fun...
Check out the new and the only one Game for Retailers: http://www.retailhero.com/retail_champion.aspx Here's a review: "Never Fear Retail hero Is Here": http://retaildesigndiva.blogs.com/retail_design_diva/2007/10/never-fear-reta.html ...

Integrate QB 2007 with MS RMS
I am trying to integrate QB 2007 with MS RMS and get a message in RMS that the data fields being provided by QB 2007 are blank. Has anyone come across this? -- Thank you for the help!! Richard Page MSc. ...

Windows server 2008 admin rights issues
i have an issue on a 2008 server where all the local admins can not see event logs and really have bugger all rights at all, domain admins can. i have turned off User Acess Control and it has made no difference apart from the pop up box no longer comes up to say are you sure you wnat to do this. i even logged on as the local admin and that does not have the righst to see the event logs. the message we get is "cannot open eventlog service on computer '.'." has anyone got any ideas on this? its got me Andy ...

Microsoft RMS Integrated CC processing
I have a client who will charge their customers a deposit for a boat rental. Does RMS allow for an authorization to the credit card? Meaning- will it verify funds and authorize that amount, but not actually transact that amount until requested at the POS? My thought is that this will not work. On a ZON machine- you can press a button that allows for a transaction to be authorized, or charged, and I dont know of a way this would work with the credit card integration. How would you suggest deposit transactions in RMS? Thanks, Andrea Andrea, Can't do it within RMS. Maybe with TPI ...

How do I make Excel cursor work right? #2
Once I click the cursor in an Excel cell, it will not move to a different cell, it moves as if I am dragging it, highlighting all the cells as it moves. Also, I cannot use any of the top row of tools, etc., including exit. Same problem with touchpad or mouse. Tried pressing f8 to no avail. Try pressing F8 -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493880 ...

Please help direct me to the right forum
I think it is for almost a year, that I haven't received email notifications of replies to my questions on Microsoft Discussions, despite the fact that I always click on Notify me of replies. Once I saw the blue arrow and the blue text below and to the right of the Close box (as one enters a reply) saying Email notifications (that must have been about a couple of months ago) and I clicked on it. Now it says Advanced Options and when I click on it, it only gives an option to fill in a full USENET designation to Cross-post to "these" discussion groups. It is ...

Open form on bottom right hand corner of Access Screen
Good morning, What is the best way to use the Docmd.MoveSize on the OnOpen Event of a form to place it on the bottom right hand corner of the maximized Access Window. I have tried putting distict values for the [right] and [down], but depending on the resolution and screen size that value will change. Is there a way to find out the value of the bottom right hand corner of the details section, and subtract the forms width and height to get the top and right values to use in the Docmd.MoveSize function? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Chris -- Message posted via http:/...

Configuration of RMS
Hi everyone, We are ready to go with RMS and want to get 3 computers configured - 2 POS's and one Manager in the backoffice. We got the quote from our Solution Center for 14 hours to configure everything (12 hours for the manager and 2 hours to setup Administrator) plus 8 hours to setup hardware. Is that reasonable? They charge 100 dollars per hour, sounds a lot..... what do u think? Thanks in advance fo the answers. That is certainly a large sum of money. However consider the value over time. If they install your system they "own" the support, meaning, anything that d...

Problems with System manager on Exchange 2003
Hello, Im having some problems with a SBS2003 - its the Exchange part that is bugging me. It all startet once I needed the Exchange part up and running (all the services has been disabled from the start because Exchange was not needed in the beginning) Once all the Exchange services has been startet the System manager for Exchange wont start, its crashes instantly after been startet. I found some articles on google about this and one suggested to reinstall the System management tools, so I selected reinstall to this. During the reinstall an error accour (Setup failed while installing sub-com...

Publisher cuts off right side
I am creating a publication in publisher, 4 per page, 8.5x11 sheet of paper. When I print it cuts off the right side. I have changed the margins in layout guides to the minimum of my printer margins and it is still cutting off. I am using publisher 2003. -- rileyd Are you setting up the page manually? Is every card the same? Take a look at this article. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "menglish" <menglish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8D1DF55-1A5B-4DAA-BECF-E0B5A3C6EB51@mi...