is Retail Management System(RMS) been used at cafeterias?

Is Ms Retail Management System been used at cafeterias?

0
Reveron (1)
2/2/2005 9:53:06 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It might work in a small operation.  But is it the right fit?  Not in my
opinion.  Other software is more cafe' friendly and made for the task.  If
you have a small cafe, in a retail store you might consider it, if your menu
does not need to print on remote kitchen printers, and your using RMS for
retail.  Other wise look at Dinerware perhaps or software designed for
restaurants.
mt

"D. Reveron" <D. Reveron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is Ms Retail Management System been used at cafeterias?

0
mastaT (109)

Whats the best web based store for integrating with RMS?
Hi, in the past monts I opened a topic about RMS integration with yahoo stores... and i found that fully integration is not a reality at this moment. What other web based stores can be integrated easily or fully or at least well integrated with RMS? (im planning to purchase the QH for RMS too) Thanks Hello Aldo! We have quite a few carts that will work with Microsoft RMS. Our Web Integrator: Professional is quite robust with its feature set, and affordably priced. http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Professional.htm http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Web%20Integrator...

How to use a DLL!?
Hi all, according with your experince: 1. I'm exporting class functions from DLL instead of global function, is there something i've to check!? 2. I need to run a DLL func in a separate thread, at moment the app create the thread and exec this func. I actually prefer the DLL to start the thread, any problems doing so!? Thanks you all!! Ale ...

No results using DateDiff
I am working with DateDiff . I get no error messages but also do not get any results in my calculated field. I have two dates, START_DATE and END_DATE and I need to know the number of days between them. START_DATE and END_DATE are both Date/Time type with a Short Date format. I am working in the QBE grid to write the query. I select an empty column and put my DateDiff calculation on the line below Or: in the Criteria area. I have tried: [END_DATE]-[START_DATE] and DateDiff("d",[START_DATE],[STOP_DATE]) Both approaches ask for parameter values for Time and STOP_DATE. If I d...

Vista and RMS.
I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work with this settings? Thanks -- Steve Are you using a Vista compatible OPOS for the ingenicco? "Steven @ S&S Tire Service" <StevenSSTireService@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E558D34-1EA8-4F04-ABA2-8567AC53B419@microsoft.com... >I am running Vista Ulitame 32 bit and RMS 2.0.0116. > My question is has anyone been able to get an ingenico i6550 USB to work > with this settings? > Thanks > -- > Steve I don'...

How to create web-based reports from RMS database.
The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail store. I need sell the through rate, average sale, sales/sf, return rate, discount analysis, all broken down by date, week, month, year, category, supplier, and then compare against last year's numbers. I want to create my own web-based reports accessing RMS's SQL database. Does anyone have a template of data access web page so all I have to do is change the SQL statement in getting to the right database table? mas wrote: > The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail > ...

Transfer Files Using VBA
Hi, I'd like to transfer files from several drives on my pc to one cetnral location. From A:\Office1\ B:\Office2\ C:\Office3\ To D:\HeadQuarters\ My routine now is the following 1) Copy the files from drives: A, B, and C; and then 2) Paste the filesto the D drive 3) Delete the files permanently from drives A, B, and C. As you see this is a tedious routine, which I'd liket o avoid by using VBA. Can someone start me off with some code on how to accomplish this. Thanks so much in advance! Jrew Jrew, You could create a batch file (from the olden days) using XCOPY and desired bel...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Issue when using Outlook 2003 on Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi! I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can anyone guide me on how to handle this? M P What issues have you seen? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:eoqSaBjTGHA.5884@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can > anyone guide me on how to handle this? > > M P > It was pretty easy for me to find this in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft...

Cashbook Bank Management
I am facing a problem every time I creat and save a TTF payment type of CBM, can any one help or any one encounter this issue, more details below: - Creat CBM Batch - Creat Payment type TTF fof GL, AR, AP - Save this entry - Close window - Check Setup for checkbook in CBM, you will find TTF sequence damaged or empty. -- Project Manager ZFP-IT +966503855729 ...

Use of subkeys in SetRegistryKey
The following code causes ini settings to be stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Company\Product Group\<application name> \<section name>\<value name> SetRegistryKey("Company\\Product Group"); This is what I want it to do, but there is nothing in the documentation to say that this should work. Is this unsupported behaviour that may not work in future windows versions or supported but undocumented behaviour? Thanks <dimstthomas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190714009.923549.98910@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > The following code causes ini sett...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

Business Portal Req Management
It would nice to display vendor name and Gl descripition when adding requisition lines. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=79a610a0-cc0e-42ae-971d-8475ebe909d...

Using Outlook with a VPN
Yesterday i set up a VPN so as to allow our employees to work from home, today one of the employees highlighted a problem with it though. When connected through the vpn, they are unable to access their Outlook emailand insted have to disconnect and then access through a normal dial-up. Any thoughts? Many Thanks Try this. When you get the VPN login screen, choose Properties. On the Options tab, check the box next to Include Windows logon Domain. That helped me. Bob >-----Original Message----- >Yesterday i set up a VPN so as to allow our employees to >work f...

Business Contact Manager #33
Is anyone else experiencing ongoing problems with Business Contact Manager/Outlook 03. It operates ok then for no reason it just crashes & burns. Where can i go for help? agreed! it has never worked well for me either! I need to uninstall and reinstall about 1/mo. Thought I would find some answers here, but no luck. I am going to check for updates >-----Original Message----- >Is anyone else experiencing ongoing problems with >Business Contact Manager/Outlook 03. It operates ok then >for no reason it just crashes & burns. Where can i go for >help? >. > i...

will RMS 2.0 work with Windows 7
Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you using? Yes 2.0.0126 -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E0D2035-1FB0-497E-8F73-AF5FDA947E64@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS are you > using? Hi Larry, RMS 2.0 SP2 working fine with windows 7 Vijay "Larry" wrote: > Has anyone tried using RMS 2.0 with Windows 7? What version RMS ar...

Frustrated Beyond Measure
I loved Money 2005, recommended it to friends and got 2 great years of use out of it. Then, it forced me to upgrade to continue online services. I didn't mind since it was only $40 and I got two good years out of it. However, Money Plus Deluxe has been a nuisance. I have never gotten portfolio manager to work. I spent 2 weeks sending emails with support where the guy eventually said "if this doesn't work, I can't help you." Great... shoudl I go buy Quicken? This weekend, I decided to try to completely uninstall Money and try a reinstall to get Portfolio Manag...

Exchange no longer available
Courtesy of Katrina, my brother-in-law's job and Exchange server are no more. He knows he has personal folders and contacts on his laptop, but Outlook choles on not connecting to Exchange and won't let him see the local stuff either. How does one tell Outlook not to try to connect to Exchange and instead use the local pst file? It might be easier to create a new profile and then use File Open to access the personal folder file, you create a new profile in Control Panel || Mail <philmcin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126736961.961262.92120@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... ...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

Access SSRS Throug SSMS not Report Manager
Without giving someone membership into the "BUILTIN\Administrators" group, how would one enable a user to be able to access SSRS through SSMS? SSMS >> Connect >> Reporting Services >> {Server Name} I'm currently getting the error below: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to {servername}. (removed the server name) ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A connection to the computer cannot be established. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient) ------------------------------ Acces...

having problems using performanceCouter
hi, i've made a program that shows the CPU idle time using the performance counter, using Visual C# . however, from some reason, it works on any computer other than my home PC . i've searched on the net but couldn't find what causes it. what i get is an exception that if is not caught, closes the program. here's a picture of what i get while debugging: http://img294.yfrog.com/i/picture20091211182403.png/ what i think is that maybe some service of windows (that the performance counter needs) doesn't work well(or is just disabled) . my computer runs on Windo...

Using Jet to read excel file returns blank for last cell
With VB6 I am opening an Excel file to query the contents using ADO. I am then using the contents of the worksheet to create a format file that is used for a bulk insert into SQL Server. We designed the program this way so that users can use a spreadsheet to import data in any format they want and process the data based on values set in the spreadsheet. This keeps us from having to design new tables and format files for new record layouts which come down pretty often. Everything works fine usually. There is just one perculiarity that is happening with the Excel file. Sometimes, th...

using screen...
Hi, I have problem with the query in the cascade combobox when the form name change. Is there a way to replace the following using screen.activeform [Forms]![frmCoFundReview]![Partner] => screen.activeform.[Partner] ? SF Not that I know. You could use a separate query for each form. Each query would have the correct form name for the combo box. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "SF" <samnangs@pactcambodia.org> wrote in message news:u%23z%23g6iyKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have probl...

Exchange System Management tools #2
I have the Exchange 2003 system managemnt tools installed. I was was wondering if I needed to install sp1, sp2 for exchange 2003 since I have the exchange tools even though I do not have the server itelf on this computer. Yes, if you have sp1 installed on Exchange you should install sp1 on your workstation. Without it, you could risk corrupting your DB. Clayton "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message news:834F0976-1AE6-45C4-8268-BBD53EFBDC00@microsoft.com... >I have the Exchange 2003 system managemnt tools installed. I was was > ...

Email list management
Greetings from NJ! I would like to email several people at a time in a politcally correct (privacy-compassionate) way. I do not want to put all their addresses in the "to:" as their privacy is compromised. If I use a distribution list, their names still show up on the actual email. If I use "bcc", my own email address seems to be inserted in the "to:" address of each email, but otherwise it seems private. THE PROBLEM is that some email systems reject an email not directed specifically at the recipient. When my email address is in the "to:" and...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...