Is it possible to add a "View" button under the purchase order section?

Would be nice to have the abilty to allow someone to be able to view the
purchase order as opposed to the given "new, delete, edit, or receive"
buttons.  This way someone who needed the information and did not have the
appropriate security would not be able to delete or change the PO.  I tried
to CTL S the new, delete, edit and receive buttons, but that basically locks
them out completely.  Is this something that may be possible?

0
JackT5605 (26)
8/17/2004 8:09:34 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can make excel pivot table so any employee can view that worksheet from
their terminal.  This way you can define the fields you want to show as well
(leave off cost?).  You can get excel viewer for free is you are concerned
about licenses.

"JT" <JackT@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Would be nice to have the abilty to allow someone to be able to view the
> purchase order as opposed to the given "new, delete, edit, or receive"
> buttons.  This way someone who needed the information and did not have the
> appropriate security would not be able to delete or change the PO.  I
tried
> to CTL S the new, delete, edit and receive buttons, but that basically
locks
> them out completely.  Is this something that may be possible?

0
anonymous (74722)
8/17/2004 9:34:54 PM
Remove the security from the "Edit" button.  This will allow them to get
into the edit screen.

Click Edit, THEN Crtl-S.  Put Security on the "OK" Button, and they won't
be able to save any changes they make...  You may want to lock some of the
other controls as well, depending on what you consider safe...

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

Can see form in design view but not in open or layout view
I have set up the tables, relationships and forms. When I first created the form I was able to view when clicking open. I made a couple of changes and now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value. Also, I can no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I can see my form and all the tabs. There is either something missing or somthing is named incorrectly. Had a similar problem recently where a new version was installed in the front end, but the table in the back end had not been updated properly (a new field) and the new version of the...

Outlook 2003 viewing problem
We are using Outlook 2003 from the Small Business Edition 2003 software, we have wireless router for our LAN and the modem connected to the router. We have 7 PCs in the Office. The problem is only on one computer, the user is receiving emails from people outside OK, but emails sent internally is another matter. Internal emails although they seem to be being received because the sound alert for new messages happens, but then the message doesn't display in any of the mail boxes. Also sending email from that PC to another internal PC on the LAN is not working. I have checked the ru...

upon deleting emails view is not refreshed
We have a sporadic issue that seems to effect the majority of our users (all using Outlook 2007 sp2, but mixed between Exch 2003 and Exch 2007 mailbox servers). When they go to delete items from their inbox, Outlook will occassionally stop refreshing the view. For example when they highlight a message and select "delete" (regardless of hitting the "del" key, right-clicking and selecting Delete or pressing the "x" button) the message remains highlighted until they change folders and return back to the inbox (then the message or messages in question wil...

Great Plains Invoice History view?
Has anyone built a view in MSCRM that will show Great Plains Invoice history? I would be willing to purchase one. Jake ...

Is it possible to add a "View" button under the purchase order section?
Would be nice to have the abilty to allow someone to be able to view the purchase order as opposed to the given "new, delete, edit, or receive" buttons. This way someone who needed the information and did not have the appropriate security would not be able to delete or change the PO. I tried to CTL S the new, delete, edit and receive buttons, but that basically locks them out completely. Is this something that may be possible? You can make excel pivot table so any employee can view that worksheet from their terminal. This way you can define the fields you want to show as well ...

How do I fix this so I can view my attachments?
I can't view my attachment. I found the following topic in help but it doesn't give me way to fix this so I can view my attachments? I anivirus protection I don't need this feature from outlook. Please advise I see a paperclip next to a message, but when I open it, the attachment is gone. You may have received a message that contains a level 1 e- mail security attachment file type. To prevent the inadvertent spread of viruses, Microsoft Outlook checks the file type of each attachment in a received message against the file types on the e-mail security attachment file type...

viewing a user's email account
I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:20:02 -0700, Rossel1 <Rossel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a >possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet >what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? I really hope that the users' employment contract provides for this ...

Default Case View
Could someone tell me how I can setup default views for cases for different users? I know how to change the default view for all users, however I want to make the view different for different users or groups (eg developers, support, etc...) can someone tell me how this can be done in CRM 3.0 please? Thanks, K2 What you are looking for is making the view private so that only certain users can see it. This is done by opening the view in customization and selecting sharing from the actions menu. By adding one or more teams, you'll make the view private to those selected. In other ...

Month view: scroll to see more?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange Hello-- At MIT we have recently migrated to Exchange, which seems to be a setback in myriad ways. Does anyone know how to scroll in calendar Month View to see all items on a single day? I need to stay in Month View but have the ability to see all items on each day. I don't want to move to day view. Thanks! ...

Cannot view vendor list on Business Portal
I try view the vendor list on purchasing center Page, but show this message "An error occurred while retrieving data from Microsoft Dynamics GP. Administrator, see the server log for more information" ...

Sorting records in the Report Design View
Currently, I use "Sorting and Grouping" tool in the Report Design View to create group headers so that I can group my data accordingly. However, I would like to know if I can apply a custom sort order. For example, the field name that I want to group is "Region". I have records of "East", "North", "South", and "West". Is there a way that I can order by "North", "South", "East", and "West" instead? If I use the "Sorting and Grouping" tool, it won't work because it only accepts a...

Cannot view inbox by date
After a successful test of an Exchange 2003 High Availability product last night a few users have reported issues in Outlook this morning. They cannot view/arrange their Inbox by Date. We have tried /cleanviews switch to no avail. All other views work fine. Any ideas so I can prevent this happening again? Thanks PocketJacks <dallano@hotmail.com> wrote: > After a successful test of an Exchange 2003 High Availability product > last night a few users have reported issues in Outlook this morning. > They cannot view/arrange their Inbox by Date. What happens when they try? -- ...

Monthly calendar view -- Saturday and Sunday
I am using a wide-screen monitor and would like to have the monthly view show all seven days across instead of Saturday and Sunday sharing one box. Is there a way to do that? Charles Please ignore that request. I just figured it out!!! "Charles Lewis" <clewis50@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Hrwvf.37355$9G.34667@dukeread10... >I am using a wide-screen monitor and would like to have the monthly view >show all seven days across instead of Saturday and Sunday sharing one box. >Is there a way to do that? > > Charles > > ...

Somebody should not view my private activities!
Hi, I got the problem. Whenever I create a task, phone call, or letter (in activities TAB), anybody in organization can see them by going to their activities page (choose all activities filter). Can somebody tell me how to keep activities in private? Thanks. Nvanh@ You will need to change the privileges for every user role to only be able to view their own activities. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Nvanh@" wrote: > Hi, > > I got the problem. Whenever I create a task, phone call, or letter (in > activities TAB), anybody in organization can s...

How do I view my calendar by a label I've created?
I would like to assign label colors to items in my calendars (for home use) and then be able to view my monthly calendar by one label at a time as I choose. Is there anyway to do this? I have gone through all the help menus and can't find anything. I found instructions on how to create a filtered view, but under the instructions, I have no "Add Filtered View" as one of my options. Any suggestions? View | (Arrange By) | Current View | Customize Current VIew | Filter --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtlefloc...

How to change attachment view
I am running Outlook 2000. When I receive a msg. with attachments in plain text format, and I open the msg. in its own window (that is, not viewing it in the Preview window), all the attachments are shown in a separate sub-window at the bottom of the message window. If the received msg. has many attachments (more than will fit in the child window at its default size) and/or the names of any attachments are long, I am unable to view all the attachments and/or the entire file name(s) of the attachments. I know that I can right-click on the child window and change the view from the default (La...

ADC not viewing Exchange 5.5 subcontainers....
Does anyone have an idea why the ADC will not let me view and select any subcontainers under the RECIPIENTS container in Exchange 5.5? But if I create a new container, at the "top" level I can then see it via the ADC...but no subcontainers. Is that just the way the ADC is? SRP HI Steve, I believe that is the way the ADC is coded. However, if you select the recipients container as the export container the adc will create the subcontainers in AD if there are objects in the subcontainers. 253826 XADM: How the Active Directory Connector Replicates Subcontainers http://support.m...

IE8 'View Source' opens minimised
Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in IE8 it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar. It can be viewed when maximised ok. It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl. It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window. I am perplexed? Hi Bob, It is probably hidden from view behind the IE Window. Just move the IE Window down your screen to see the View Source window behind it. I have noticed the same issue since the last IE security update (last night my time)... It is a...

udate for internet explorer 8 compatibility view list vista KB978
Since update installed internet explorer has stopped working,how do i uninstall? I have same problem - caused by D.E.P. I think!- Try removing IE 8.; but would like to know how to stop Auto Updates! "Teddyboy" <Teddyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7014C77-4D13-42B9-9E4C-ED01E2501FA8@microsoft.com... > Since update installed internet explorer has stopped working,how do i > uninstall? ...

MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views with user-defined functions?!
MS Publisher "Select Table" won't list views (queries) containing user-defined functions?! What's wrong? And how to work around this? Using the latest version of Microsoft Publisher and MS Access (2003 sp2 with all latest updates), I am trying to create physical asset labels, with a unique serial number on each label. And in Microsoft Publisher, when I go to "select data source" and select my MS Access database "20060117pst2301pmb primary.mdb" (which generates such serial numbers), I get a popup entitled "Select Table" which lists all its tab...

Create Contact View with Tasks
Outlook 2000: Is it possible to create a CONTACT view that lists each task assigned to those contacts. Here is why I don't want to do it from inside tasks - I would like to print a list of all of my contacts and the tasks assigned to them, even those contacts that don't have tasks assigned to them - that way I can catch any contacts that we havn't assigned a task to. Does that make sense? Thanks for your help!!! ...

Subclassing a view class
Is it possible to subclass a view using SubclassWindow()? Could someone give me a general idea what needs to be done in order to subclass a View class? > Is it possible to subclass a view using SubclassWindow()? Could someone > give me a general idea what needs to be done in order to subclass a View > class? There's no need to call SubclassWindow() for that - simply derive from the view class, MFC will do the subclassing for you. -- Guido Stercken-Sorrenti MVP - Visual Developer / Visual C++ On Wed, 25 May 2005 18:06:56 -0400, abe froman wrote: > Is it possibl...

Cannot view itme in Public Folder between 2 different exchange 2003
I have 2 Exchange 2003 on WIN2k server. Exchange 2003 (A) has 300 mailboxes and store the public folder. Exchange 2003 (B) has 100 mailboxes. User at Exchange 2003 (B) found that they can view the public folder but no items in it. User at Exchange 2003 (A) do not have this problem. Is the public folder must replicate to other server? Is any suggestion to view the item if no replication on public folder ?? Thanks Dennis JoJo These 2 servers in the same routing group. Exchange 2003 (A) is the Master Exchange 2003 (B) is the Member "omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wr...

maximizing Child View
HI all I am New user for VC, and i have just install MVS.NET. i try to make test application. and try MFC application. but wizard make child window not maximized . Will some one help me how to do it.? and how to hendel child window in MFC. Thanks. Amrit There is a ton of information including the answer to this question in this FAQ. http://ai.kaist.ac.kr/~ymkim/Program/mfc_faq.html Tom "Amrit" <cadd@wlink.com.np> wrote in message news:OYLUU11JJHA.920@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > HI all > I am New user for VC, and i have just install MVS.NET. > > i try to ...

cannot view all of text in large cell, even though I have it to w.
I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. Hi +the limit is 1024 characters. You can extend this with manually inserting linebrekas using aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sydme wrote: > I have cell format to wrap text and it works fine to a p[oint then no > more text is displayed....casn increase the size of the cell, but > still only so much will display....rest of the cell show blank. ...