inventory transfer #3

I was transferring inventory from one store to another.  I received the
inventory into the warehouse store and then issued and committed.  Then I set
up an interstore transfer to move the inventory from the warehouse store to
retail store.  I transferred out of the warehouse (issued all and then
committed)  Then I checked the transfer in for the retail store.  I recieved
multiple purchase orders and all but one transferred to the retail store.
Now the inventory is not showing up in the retail store and has been
transferred out of the warehouse store.  Where did the inventory go and how
can I correct this problem?
0
ian (162)
1/26/2006 7:27:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Has a 401 run for the retail store since you created the transfer?

Is HQ set up (File /Configuration / Options) to automatically create
Transfer Ins and Transfer Outs?

You know that the inventory is not going to show up in the retail store
until it is received there - I'm not sure from your post if you were looking
for a Transfer in so that you can receive it or for the on hand quantities
to have been automatically updated...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was transferring inventory from one store to another.  I received the
> inventory into the warehouse store and then issued and committed.  Then I
> set
> up an interstore transfer to move the inventory from the warehouse store
> retail store.  I transferred out of the warehouse (issued all and then
> committed)  Then I checked the transfer in for the retail store.  I
> recieved
> multiple purchase orders and all but one transferred to the retail store.
> Now the inventory is not showing up in the retail store and has been
> transferred out of the warehouse store.  Where did the inventory go and
> how
> can I correct this problem?

0
glenn9672 (1267)
1/26/2006 8:24:22 PM
We do have RMS configured for auto transfers and 401 data uploads.  We did
about 30 transfers that day and 29 came over to the other store.  We accepted
all of the transfers, but could not find the one transfer in the retail
store.  The 1 was missing but was transferred out of the warehouse store.
Now I can not find where that inventory is.   Do you have any ideas of how I
can search for the missing transfer?

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Has a 401 run for the retail store since you created the transfer?
>
> Is HQ set up (File /Configuration / Options) to automatically create
> Transfer Ins and Transfer Outs?
>
> You know that the inventory is not going to show up in the retail store
> until it is received there - I'm not sure from your post if you were looking
> for a Transfer in so that you can receive it or for the on hand quantities
> to have been automatically updated...

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was transferring inventory from one store to another.  I received the
> > inventory into the warehouse store and then issued and committed.  Then I
> > set
> > up an interstore transfer to move the inventory from the warehouse store
> > retail store.  I transferred out of the warehouse (issued all and then
> > committed)  Then I checked the transfer in for the retail store.  I
> > recieved
> > multiple purchase orders and all but one transferred to the retail store.
> > Now the inventory is not showing up in the retail store and has been
> > transferred out of the warehouse store.  Where did the inventory go and
> > how
> > can I correct this problem?

0
ian (162)

Outlook Client on Citrix #3
I have a client that is running CRM 3.0 Outlook Client on (2) Citrix servers. They are getting multiple synchronization errors. Any ideas? Let me know what information is needed to make a determination of where the problem is coming from. Thanks CRM 3 is not fully support on terminal services, but these might help you. http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=cbad1af7-8fde-40f2-8df5-935a363f87d9&displaylang=en, which is how to deply CRM on terminal services. Also have a look a this, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=664beb55-1652-474f-ae06...

Public Folder Replication issue #3
I have a single domain which is linked across a VPN to two sites. At both sites I have a DC and an Exchange box. The issue I am having is on Server A, I can see and access all public folders, on Server B I cannot see one folder and two other folders have no data. I have checked to ensure they are set up for replication and even in ESM it shows they are "In Sync" or "Local Modified". Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Douglas Hiser In each public folder's properties do you have both servers showing as having replicas? Do yo...

Inventory replenishment model
We are very new to GP with regards to inventory management, so I'm sure there are many things to learn. I need to set up a simple inventory replenishment model for our purchasing department to use as a guide to buying replenishment parts for our technicians. We have a fixed list of parts that are considered replenishment parts and want to only purchase quantities that correspond to usage. Our current process has allocations going into the system which indicate usage, but those are not recorded as actual usage until the customer is invoiced, so would have to take allocations into...

Change Item Type from Service to Sales Inventory
We have about 200 items that were created in GP as item type Service. We need them to be Sales Inventory, but the field is greyed out. About a dozen of them have had transactions posted for them ... they were on a PO that was received, or an invoice was posted for them, or both. The rest of them have never been used. Is there a way to safely change the Item Type from Services to Sales Inventory? We're on GP version 8.0. We own the entire Professional Services Tools Library, but I could not anything there to modify the item type. Thanks, Eleni ...

Transferring toolbars and macros to other computers
Is there an easy way to transfer a toolbar setup and all macros from one computer to another? Darrell Macros can be in any workbook. They would travel with the workbook. Also in Personal.xls for global macros. Also could be in any add-in(s) *.xla you created. Toolbar and Menu customizations are stored in your xxxxxx.XLB file where xxxxxx is version-dependent name. Excel 97.....username.xlb Excel 2000...Excel9.clb Excel 2002...Excel10.xlb Excel 2003...Excel11.xlb Note: there may be other customizations you want to transfer at the same time. Before reading further....... Transferr...

How can I transfer Hotmail contacts to MS Office Outlook?
I'd like to transfer my "contacts" in MSN Hotmail into my MS Office Outlook Express. How does one go about this? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, al...

publisher templates #3
I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat half fold cards in Publisher. After reading the suggestions via further postings, I wish Microsoft would explain why they chose to remove the 3rd option for a half fold card from its' more recent edition. It was SO much easier and handier to click the 3rd option of page setup to create a half fold card. I have the Avery textured half-fold cards and I used them with the earlier verson of Publisher. When it ain't broke; don't fix it! Sonya645 wrote: >I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat &...

Can you transfer your PC MS Office license to a Mac MS Office license?
We have recently purchased a Mac at my workplace and are currently moving as much software from the PC I use to the new Mac. I will no longer be using the PC, so all of the software currently installed on it is useless to us unless we can transfer it over to the Mac. So far, Adobe has been able to transfer all licenses over from the PC to the Mac at no additional cost (save for the cost of shipping the Mac install disks). So on to my question: I am wondering if Microsoft offers a transfer of license from PC to Mac for MS Office? We could obviously just purchase mac.office, but we have alr...

Error when creating an SQL 2005 database for CRM 3.0
Hi I’m installing a CRM 3.0 from scratch. I have installed a SQL2005 server I use Microsoft CRM 3.0 Professional Edition Server Setup CD. I fill in: Organization name Installation directory Web site SQL Server and create a new database Report Server An existing Organization Unit Network service account Exchange server I get an error in my Application event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSSQLSERVER Event Category: (2) Event ID: 17207 Date: 8/24/2006 Time: 8:04:00 AM User: DK\Administrator Computer: CRMPRE1 Description: FCB::Open: Operating system error 2(The system cannot ...

Transfer Files Using VBA
Hi, I'd like to transfer files from several drives on my pc to one cetnral location. From A:\Office1\ B:\Office2\ C:\Office3\ To D:\HeadQuarters\ My routine now is the following 1) Copy the files from drives: A, B, and C; and then 2) Paste the filesto the D drive 3) Delete the files permanently from drives A, B, and C. As you see this is a tedious routine, which I'd liket o avoid by using VBA. Can someone start me off with some code on how to accomplish this. Thanks so much in advance! Jrew Jrew, You could create a batch file (from the olden days) using XCOPY and desired bel...

Altsoft Xml2PDF 3.0 Released
Altsoft is proud to announce the immediate availability of the new version 3.0 of its .NET based Xml2PDF formatting engine. The major new features of the new version include: All formats: - Significant refactoring and optimization that makes the new version about 3-4 times faster and 2-3 times less memory consuming than the current commercial 2.x release; - New output formats: SVG Basic, raster images and GDI output; - The possibility to embed any supported format into any other; for example, SVG files can embed now XSL-FO pages; - Improved typography including the support of OpenType fonts...

Microsoft Outlook #3
If I click on deleted messages to erase them,the other selections in Outlook open up while I am looking at the screen.Sometimes the deleted page goes out to another item.Afetr waiting with this situation for some time these things stop doing what they want to and let me use the system as is needed. ...

Business Contact Manager 2003 #3
Hi experts, On an XP Pro platform, Office 2003 is not showing the BCM. I have tried to go to the Disabled items but is not disabled (Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 840778. ). I inserted the BCM cd in it asked to repair or remove, so i know it is installed. it is now showing up on the toolbars, or help. by the way, the email is POP3 account that requires server authentication. Any ideas why it would not show up? thanks in advance K.C. ...

Text Boxes #3
Could anyone please tell me how to send a text box behind text in cells? I have no trouble in MS Word but cannot get the same thing to work in Excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Regards prairienewf There is no equivalent to the option you get on Word of 'send behind text' or 'bring in front of text'. The order option refers to objects. The best you can do is set the box as transparent. Richard >-----Original Message----- >Could anyone please tell me how to send a text box behind text in cells? I have no trouble in MS Word but cannot g...

Date Formula #3
I am having difficulty with the "NOW" formula. What I would like for it to do is when I enter a value in one cell have it update in another cell the date when the information was entered and that date stay permanenty. What I am having is the date changes to the current date everyday. Is this possible to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Todd You can do it with the change event of the worksheet This example will place the date/time in the B column if you change a cell in the range A1:A20. Place the code in the Sheet module Right click on a sheet tab and choose ...

Item number/location code does not exist in inventory error
I'm using eConnect to do an SOP transaction and it has been working for months but with a new customer and a new site I'm getting an error. The error is: "Item number/location code does not exist in inventory". The same transactions are still working with other customers on other sites so it seems like it must be a set up issue in GP. The customer and site look like they're configured the same as the ones that work so I'm stumped. Does anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks, Matt Have you confirmed that the item number has been assigned to the new sit...

Bypass Printing and Transfer the Shipping Document Straight to Inv
Is there a chance that we can bypass printing and transfer the Sales Order Fulfillment Document to Invoice? A partner just suggested. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us...

Restoring Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0
We are in the middle of trying to restore Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0 from one environment to another( Dev to TEST). This includes GP data as well. The Business Portal Dev server points to a GP dev server and the I am wondering if anyone else does this? I think we have it pretty much solved. But there a couple things still not working quite right. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Scott, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What you're doing is quite common. Customers often set up Business Portal in a test environment and verify prior to going live. Int...

timers #3
Hi I am having problems with timers, or more like the rate at which they go off. In this particular example I am setting a timer to go off every 25 milliseconds (40Hz rate). Judging by my printf's in DoTimer() function, the timer goes off at 32Hz rate. Another words, instead of going off every 25 milliseconds it goes off every 31 (or so) milliseconds. I'd like to know why it's happenning and how can I fix it. I can see that once the timer expires, it doesn't get restarted until my handler will return. But I don't think my handler is taking 6 milliseconds... Also, if it&...

OWA #3
I have been running owa for a couple of years with no problems. All of a sudden I can't access the owa. Here is what happens. If I reboot the exchange 5.5 server it will work for a day after that you can't access the owa. If I go to stop the WWW or IIS service I can't start them back up without rebooting the exchange server. After I reboot the server it works again for only a day or so. Does anybody have any ideas on what might be causing this? HI John, Is anything being logged in your Event Viewer when this happens? It would be good to check but the application and sys...

Print Margins #3
I have created an 8-1/2x11 document that needs to print all the way to the edge of the page. I have reduced all of my margins to zero however, the print area is still cutting off short of the edge of the paper. Any help? "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFCC610E-748C-4CF4-BEC4-9099DB1CA7DC@microsoft.com... >I have created an 8-1/2x11 document that needs to print all the way to the > edge of the page. I have reduced all of my margins to zero however, the > print > area is still cutting off short of the edge of the paper. > &...

Excel #3
I have trained myself to use Excel but I'm having trouble with revised a spreadsheet that was created by someone else (probably someone who knew what they were doing!). Within a cell, I need to add a line or lines between text. Example: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx Thanks, Julie Hi try hitting ALT+ENTER to create a linebreak within a cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:13dd801c41b2b$e6724a50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have trained myself to use Excel but I'm having...

Trying install CRM 3.0
Hi guys, I'm tryingo to install the trial version CRM 3.0 but i'm receving two errors: 1) MS SQL SERVER: "MSSQLSvc service principal name not found for account CN=OFFICESYSTEMBR,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=officesystem,DC=com." 2) REporting Services "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://OFFICESYSTEMBR/Reportserver. Error: The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then resta...

Relay Problem #3
My exchange 5.5 SP4 server is/was an open relay. I went in and told it to never reroute smtp mail, and now none of my email boxes can get mail delivered to it. What should I do? One of my clients running Exchange 5.5 was running a Open Relay. You can tell this by opening up and telneting into port 25 and seeing if you can send mail through that port. If you get a blocked message you are not running an open relay, if you can relay a message through your exchange server then I followed a webpage on microsoft on securing exchange 5.5. I remember that it had to do with locking down who yo...

����MFC��һ���ĵ� #3
faint..... "apple" <wenjuanluo@163.com> д���ʼ� news:eouOLWnrEHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > > ...