Installation source not available?

Last night I switched an entire store from v1.2 to v1.3--except for one PC
that wouldn't let me uninstall v1.2.  I get an error message about
'installation source not available'.  I tried putting the v1.2 CD in the
drive--no luck.  I tried Repairing the V1.2 install--same error message.  I
tried reinstalling v1.2--same message.

Searching the CustomerSource KnowledgeBase and this group didn't turn up
anything but another Tom with the same problem and no answers.

One guy mentioned that he was not uninstalling v1.2 before installing v1.3.
He claimed that the v1.3 install automatically uninstalled v1.2 as part of
the process.

As Mr. Murphy would have it, the PC in question is on the CFOs desk...

Ideas, anyone?

Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

TT,

Backup any customized receipts, reports, Crystal, etc.

Follow the instructions to completely remove RMS on this link;
http://tinyurl.com/7jd9e

Then read, download, and run the Windows Installer Cleanup tool from this
link; http://tinyurl.com/47d8

Restart and re-install RMS.

--
*
"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
[...]

spam3944 (2163)
2/16/2006 7:41:07 PM
Jeff,

TinyURL seems to be down.  DO you have a full URL or KB article # or
something?

I've searched for this info half a dozen ways--and gotten zip for results.

Tom

"Jeff" wrote:

> TT,
>
> Backup any customized receipts, reports, Crystal, etc.
>
> Follow the instructions to completely remove RMS on this link;
> http://tinyurl.com/7jd9e
>
> Then read, download, and run the Windows Installer Cleanup tool from this
> link; http://tinyurl.com/47d8
>
> Restart and re-install RMS.
>
> --
> *
> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> Last night I switched an entire store from v1.2 to v1.3--except for one PC
> that wouldn't let me uninstall v1.2.  I get an error message about
> 'installation source not available'.  I tried putting the v1.2 CD in the
> drive--no luck.  I tried Repairing the V1.2 install--same error message.  I
> tried reinstalling v1.2--same message.
>
> Searching the CustomerSource KnowledgeBase and this group didn't turn up
> anything but another Tom with the same problem and no answers.
>
> One guy mentioned that he was not uninstalling v1.2 before installing v1.3.
> He claimed that the v1.3 install automatically uninstalled v1.2 as part of
> the process.
>
> As Mr. Murphy would have it, the PC in question is on the CFOs desk...
>
> Ideas, anyone?
>
> Tom
> --
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.

0
tomg1 (230)
2/17/2006 1:07:28 AM
TT,

In CustomerSource, KB 862568

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?=WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVTQUUXNNZOUKYPPPPSRUMQSSNPUWKSXQLOWYMRNQRLZTQMLTYSYOWNZLWUYYVNVXUZLPYPWPTUKMMNYP

&

in the regular MS KB, 290301

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

--
=

> Jeff,
>
> TinyURL seems to be down.  DO you have a full URL or KB article # or
> something?
>
> I've searched for this info half a dozen ways--and gotten zip for results.
>
> Tom
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> TT,
>>
>> Backup any customized receipts, reports, Crystal, etc.
>>
>> Follow the instructions to completely remove RMS on this link;
>> http://tinyurl.com/7jd9e
>>
>> Then read, download, and run the Windows Installer Cleanup tool from this
>> link; http://tinyurl.com/47d8
>>
>> Restart and re-install RMS.
>>
>> --
>> *
>> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
>> Last night I switched an entire store from v1.2 to v1.3--except for one
>> PC
>> that wouldn't let me uninstall v1.2.  I get an error message about
>> 'installation source not available'.  I tried putting the v1.2 CD in the
>> drive--no luck.  I tried Repairing the V1.2 install--same error message.
>> tried reinstalling v1.2--same message.
>>
>> Searching the CustomerSource KnowledgeBase and this group didn't turn up
>> anything but another Tom with the same problem and no answers.
>>
>> One guy mentioned that he was not uninstalling v1.2 before installing
>> v1.3.
>> He claimed that the v1.3 install automatically uninstalled v1.2 as part
>> of
>> the process.
>>
>> As Mr. Murphy would have it, the PC in question is on the CFOs desk...
>>
>> Ideas, anyone?
>>
>> Tom
>> --
>> The worst words in business:
>> "We''ve always done it that way"
>> --
>> Stop Fishing for eMail.

0
spam3944 (2163)
2/17/2006 1:57:56 AM
The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility did the trick.  Add/Remove Programs
wouldn't do anything.

Thanks for the tip.

Tom

"Jeff" wrote:

> TT,
>
> In CustomerSource, KB 862568
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?=WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYVTQUUXNNZOUKYPPPPSRUMQSSNPUWKSXQLOWYMRNQRLZTQMLTYSYOWNZLWUYYVNVXUZLPYPWPTUKMMNYP
>
> &
>
> in the regular MS KB, 290301
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
>
> --
> =
>
> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> > Jeff,
> >
> > TinyURL seems to be down.  DO you have a full URL or KB article # or
> > something?
> >
> > I've searched for this info half a dozen ways--and gotten zip for results.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > "Jeff" wrote:
> >
> >> TT,
> >>
> >> Backup any customized receipts, reports, Crystal, etc.
> >>
> >> Follow the instructions to completely remove RMS on this link;
> >> http://tinyurl.com/7jd9e
> >>
> >> Then read, download, and run the Windows Installer Cleanup tool from this
> >> link; http://tinyurl.com/47d8
> >>
> >> Restart and re-install RMS.
> >>
> >> --
> >> *
> >> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> >> Last night I switched an entire store from v1.2 to v1.3--except for one
> >> PC
> >> that wouldn't let me uninstall v1.2.  I get an error message about
> >> 'installation source not available'.  I tried putting the v1.2 CD in the
> >> drive--no luck.  I tried Repairing the V1.2 install--same error message.
> >> tried reinstalling v1.2--same message.
> >>
> >> Searching the CustomerSource KnowledgeBase and this group didn't turn up
> >> anything but another Tom with the same problem and no answers.
> >>
> >> One guy mentioned that he was not uninstalling v1.2 before installing
> >> v1.3.
> >> He claimed that the v1.3 install automatically uninstalled v1.2 as part
> >> of
> >> the process.
> >>
> >> As Mr. Murphy would have it, the PC in question is on the CFOs desk...
> >>
> >> Ideas, anyone?
> >>
> >> Tom
> >> --
> >> The worst words in business:
> >> "We''ve always done it that way"
> >> --
> >> Stop Fishing for eMail.

0
tomg1 (230)

installation of 2nd DHCP server
Hi, We have a windows 2003 DHCP server. I am trying to activate another DHCP server (on windows 2003). So that we have to server handling out IP's - what issues should I be aware of, apart from configuring different scopes? Can I preform this during normal working hours Thanks Hello Vishal, I assume you have used the name "biren" in a posting from 18:38 from today so please check the previous posting about. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT...

Money H&B Plus will not instal
Get the following message...." Microsoft Money shared libraries installation was unsuccessful.........you can install the libraries from you Money CD by running mnyidcrl.msi." I don't have a CD...downloaded it from MS/digital river.....any ideas In microsoft.public.money, WTF wrote: >Get the following message...." Microsoft Money shared libraries installation >was unsuccessful.........you can install the libraries from you Money CD by >running mnyidcrl.msi." I don't have a CD...downloaded it from MS/digital >river.....any ideas OS=? ...

ShipRush v4 for FedEx is now available
Greetings All Great Plains folks. New ShipRush v4 for FedEx is out. Drops right into Great Plains (3 minute installation). Now saves tracking numbers to the tracking number table, pulls more data from Great Plains, and much more. The live 14 day demo can be downloaded: http://www.shiprush.com Or give us a call at (206) 812-7874 Thank you! ...

Installer Cleanup Utility problems
Running XP Pro SP3 and Office SR-1 Premium. After installing then uninstalling a buggy program, Office advised "This program must be installed to run...etc." Initially I tried Add/Remove Programs-Change-Repair and Re-install, but no change. The date of last use is reflected as 08/02/2008! Then Installer warned "The patch package could not be opened...". After reading kb and forum info, downloaded and installed Installer Cleanup Utility msicuu2.exe. During installation the following errors occur: Internal Error 2908. {121634B3-2F4A-11D3-ADA3-00C04F52DD52} In...

Money2004 install problem
When I install Money 2004, it showed I had Norton Anti Virus software installed. My operating system is Windows XP Home edition. I chose continue to install. But it can't start the Money2004 after installation.Then I tried to uninstall the Norton AntiVirus, reinstall Money. It remains the same problem. Who can help. Thanks a million. you should deactivate the norton software - ususally there is a button on the menu bar for norton - left click on that and select exit. - after deactivating the norton you can install Money 2004 but the message will continue to come up warning of ...

how get the user for econnect installed
hi, i want to know how can i get the userid who is logged in for eConnect and/that user is authenticated or not?in GP8.0 Regards, Nilotpal ...

Exch2003 SP2 install can't stop smtp service
I have a Win2003 SP1 server running Exch2003 SP1, when I try to install Exch2003 SP2, it is unable to stop the SMTP service and never finishes. I tried to stop all Exchange services and run the service pack again, but I can't get the SMTP service to stop. I get a 1053 error the the service did not respond to the stop request. I tried stopping the SMTP service via the services gui interface and I also tried it via command line. Any thoughts? -- Thanks for your help. On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:18:01 -0800, Landon <ljbideaux@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have a Win2003 SP1 server ru...

External Data Sources
I have a spreadsheet is used by several users. The actual workbook is not shared, rather the file is on local drives. The workbook contains two worksheets that have two separate external data sources. One data source is a text file. The other data source is an excel workbook with Sheet1 being the data source. Should I run into file sharing conflicts? If I set the excel workbook that is a data source as shared, would that avoid conflicts? Any suggestions would be helpful. ...

Access07 combobox
my comboboxes made with wizard in Access07 shows no control source...won't show the select query control source field is blank if I press the .... it launches the normal builder as if I am starting a control definition from scratch... they work ok; but I can't tweak the underlying query as sanity check deleted one and put it in again...same issue...have looked at all and they are all like this... I really don't want to create a standalone query for every combobox....anyone else using 07 and seeing this??? -- NTC Look in the Row Source, not the Control Sou...

Free/Busy Data Not Available after Jan 2004
Runing 1 site with 3 Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers. When creating meeting requests all Free/Busy data starting on Jan 1 2004 and after is not available for any invited attendees. This is true for Outlook 2000, 2003 clients. Any Ideas would be appreciated. "Jerry Hook" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Runing 1 site with 3 Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers. When >creating meeting requests all Free/Busy data starting on >Jan 1 2004 and after is not available for any invited >attendees. This is true for Outlook 2000, 2003 clients. >Any Ideas would be a...

How do you Install the Exchange Snapins on XP
I have tried selecting just the administraition tools from the installer but it requires a whole host of items to be installed? At the moment when we manage exchange accouts we rdp to the exch svr Assuming you are running E2K3, run the adminpak from a server in windows\system32, and then run the Exchange setup, do a custom install and only select the system management component. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "austen.lowe" &...

Installing an A2002 application under A2003
Hello, I'm using Access 2002, with Office Developper Edition. I just packed an application with the ODE, sent it to a customer. He clicked on setup, and then has been warned that Access 2003 is neeed!! He is actually using Access 2003, installeed on his pc. I'm surprised that an A2002 application can't be installed with A2003. Do you know if there would be any workaround? TIA Philippe If this is an MDB in Access 2002/2003 file format, and you compiled and created an MDE under Access 2003, then it won't work under Access 2002. Every version of Access uses a different bin...

Sales for Outlook installation
I am getting the error on several versions of Outlook "Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM Server components". I have tried on PCs running Office 2000 and Office XP with the same result. Here are the details of the installation: server has host name mscrm; is entered in DNS with same correct name --have tried in URL mscrm.xxx.com, crm alias to mscrm, the IP address, with/without http:// in front of it I verified on the CRM server itself that it is an AD member, is running the Indexing service, Message Queuing, and the CRM Security service. In fact, ...

Outlook runs frontpage installer on startup
It seems multiple people have the same problem: IE: Just recently, Outlook 2000 on my Windows XP system has started to autorun Office XP with FrontPage installation everytime I open Outlook. I click cancel, it shuts down the installation but then pops right back up again and tries to install again, over and over and over. Eventually, I get an error 1706 but when I close the error box, the new install starts right back up again. Please help. Could this be the result of a "host" trojan. I had that show up this week too! Any Microsoft savvy persons who are willing to hel...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 files to new install files HOW IS IT DONE???
I used the repair feature in Microsoft 2002 When I opened my e mail program, Microsoft Outlook 2002, all my e mails were gone as were my contacts. There was a box that talked about copying the old file to the new one. Can someone explain how this is done? Thanx Desperate MickeyYak1@comcast.net ...

Installation question
Hello, I was requested to downgrade a computer at my office to XP. I used a keyfinder to locate the product key for her office installation since the packaging could not be found. I noticed that the product was Office Pro Plus 2007. There is no install disk for Pro Plus 2007 in the office, only for Pro 2007. I did a test run on a spare computer just to verify it would work with her product key, and it shows invalid. Will the product key only work when installing with Pro Plus or did I just copy it down incorrectly? Thanks for any help. Seth Office Pro Plus is a Volume...

Architecting VC++ 6.0 Applications
Sorry for the last post, wrong keystrokes prematurely sent message. In short, I have an ATL out-of-process COM server that sits between a VB client and another ATL server. I fires events/receives method calls to/from the VB client AND makes method calls/sinks events to/from the other ATL server. Internally it seems to have one 'main' CDialog' application (thread?). It uses the PostMessage (e.g. theApp.m_pMainWnd->m_hWnd inside COM method calls received from VB client) extensively and MANY timers and the 'OnTimer' method inside the main dialog class. I'm ju...

Blew up company website by wrong crm install
Help. I really screwed this up. I installed CRM to the default website on SBS 2003. Now, of course, nothing works...company web etc... I ripped CRM out completely. I will redo that later. For now, does anyone know how to redo the IIS structure on SBS 2003. Can I reinstall something? And... did I blow up Sharepoint services too? Thanks ahead of time for any help!!! I did this exact thing. There is hope . . . although it may not be easy. Here's the steps I took. 1. Check to see whether the actual files have been deleted or just the web sites. The files are probably still in tact in th...

bad exchange 2003 install
Initially there was no Exchange installed in the organization. A consultant came in to set it up. He botched the install and the manager has no idea what was done. I reviewed the exchange server, the exchange organization has been created and the system management tools were installed nothing else. I added my account to exchange full administrator then installed exchange 2003. During the installation it gave an error saying the ad schema had not been fully extended and I need to run forestprep. Fine, I run forestprep and when I do this it gives me an error stating that I need to be an ex...

Why can't I install Office 2004 on this Mac? #2
I'm having trouble installing Office onto an eMac running OS 10.3.4. The installer simply stops launching after launch. I also tried the drag-and-drop method of installation, but Word simply stops launching and disappears from the dock a few seconds after launch. I can't make the installer or any components of Office launch on this machine. Other applications launch with no problem. I tried deleting everything on the machine with Microsoft in its name. Didn't help. What can I do to make this work? So sorry for the quadruple post. The Microsoft site was giving me an error when I...

Installing MOney 04
I am trying to install Money 2004 and It keeps asking for the MOney 2001 disk (which I don't have) What can I do? ...

I can't install Autoupdate 211
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Every time I tried to install Autoupdate 211 the error message says 'The application AUAutoUpdate211 quit unexpectly' I tried many times but same thing happeded again and again. ...

Windows Update won't show the updates that it wants to install
Hi All I just got the new updates for my Vista Biz OS. Problem is that it won't show the name of the updates that it is going to install, it just shows that they are 5. Now, I need to know *what* I am installing before I do that, right? How come it is not showing that? Bug? I checked the computer with my AV and antispyware software: system is ok. Any ideas? thanks Are you telling us that when you go to Windows Update or Microsoft Update and you do the scan for Updates then when the scan finishes all it shows you after that there are 5 of them but it does no...

Office Accounting Express / Professional install issue
I installed Office Accounting Express 2009 first on my computer but meant to install Office Accounting Professional 2009 instead. So, I uninstalled Express and then installed Professional. When I load Accounting it still shows me as having Express installed and not Professional. I have following the KB notes on how to completely remove Express and SQL 2005 and even did the registry editing....still does not remove Express. Has anyone had this issue and know what registry settings I need to remove or how to completely remove the Express version so that I can have just the Pro ...

cannot install outlook from outlook express (import stalls)
trying to convert from express but installation fails from start. other office features do function ie excel and word In news:E167009C-F5CD-4D0F-B08B-217C0FFE3E78@microsoft.com, outlook fails to install <outlook fails to install@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > trying to convert from express but installation fails from start. > other office features do function ie excel and word Install and configure Outlook on this computer. Then, launch OE and *export* from there to Outlook.....do not *import*. ...