Inputing Items (Profit Margin)

I just got done inputing a whole bunch of inventory items. It originally
worked great. However now every time I enter Items Database and click on one
specific item the price, cost, and profit margin are right on. But then I go
to another item and the price stays the same as the item I first clicked on
but the cost is the new items cost, thus it is throwing off my profit margin.
Looking at all the items from the Items screen the prices are correct just
when you view the properties it changes. Any ideas? I'm just starting with
RMS and could use help.
0
E (96)
8/11/2006 9:29:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi

Do a search on this message board for "Potential serious bug in 1.3R", I
think this answers your question.

Regards
Coonawarra

"G E" wrote:

> I just got done inputing a whole bunch of inventory items. It originally
> worked great. However now every time I enter Items Database and click on one
> specific item the price, cost, and profit margin are right on. But then I go
> to another item and the price stays the same as the item I first clicked on
> but the cost is the new items cost, thus it is throwing off my profit margin.
> Looking at all the items from the Items screen the prices are correct just
> when you view the properties it changes. Any ideas? I'm just starting with
> RMS and could use help.
0
Coonawarra (18)
8/12/2006 9:44:01 AM
*The item price is changed, if you tab off the Profit Margin box and do not
change the Profit Margin value in Microsoft Retail Management System Store
Operations
*The scroll bar does not work as expected in Microsoft Retail Management
System reports

*CPU usage spikes to 100% when your mouse pointer is located anywhere within
the data section of a Microsoft Retail Management System report

*Error occurs when you try to settle a batch that contains a void
transaction for a credit card transaction that had already been settled in
Store Operations: "A technical error occurred. No transactions were settled.
Click OK to view the report."

*When you use the Close button to close the Item Properties window, and then
open the Item Properties window for another item, the cost for the previous
item is displayed for the current item in Headquarters and Store Operations

This is some the bugs that was fix in 1.3R.1003

In which your problem is somehow related to this.You need to update your
MRMS 1.3R to their latest patch which .1006 (this a consolidated patch that
fixes all the known bugs in MRMS v1.3R) or try contacting your reseller..

I hope it helps...

"G E" wrote:

> I just got done inputing a whole bunch of inventory items. It originally
> worked great. However now every time I enter Items Database and click on one
> specific item the price, cost, and profit margin are right on. But then I go
> to another item and the price stays the same as the item I first clicked on
> but the cost is the new items cost, thus it is throwing off my profit margin.
> Looking at all the items from the Items screen the prices are correct just
> when you view the properties it changes. Any ideas? I'm just starting with
> RMS and could use help.
0
GregDxb (160)

New items with purchase order integration
I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using Integration Manager. The source is a text file. It works very well. The problem I have is with new items. When there is an item in the source file that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or skip the line item. Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as a non inventory item. The document will show the item number and the cost but no item description. Where can I change the behavior for this? Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs Wh...

404 Error in OWA when accessing calendar items in public folders
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1. We have a front-end/back-end configuration. OWA works well except when attempting to access calendar items in public folders. In personal folders, this is not a problem. The public folder calendar appears correctly; however, opening a particular calendar item results in a 404 error about 2/3 of the time. Sometimes it opens properly. Refreshing the item window repeatedly will eventually bring up the item. This problem is not restricted to a particular user, browser or public folder. Even with full owner permissions on t...

Purge deleted items from shared mailbox
How can I purge the folder "deleted items" from a shared mailbox? The RM menu item is greyed out. Environment: Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003. What permission do you have on the deleted folder? can you delete them if you open the folder and select all, Del? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

eConnect PM Schema distribution item
Whenever I use eConnect PM distribution on my invoices, I see that the two default distrbution account are always present ; namely Pay on the credit side Purchase on the debit side This is despite the fact I'm explicitly entering in the distribution item of the Schema my own debiting and crediting accounts. so the result is I can see my distributing account along with these two. Kindly advice on how I can ensure via eConnect that the Purchases Invoices distribution list I can only see the distribution accounts I specify in the eConnect XML ...

Verzonden berichten namens wil ik niet in mijn eigen 'Send Items'
Ik heb een persoonlijke en een groepsmailbox in mijn outlook(2000). Als ik nu een bericht verzend namens de groepsmailbox komt dit bericht in mijn persoonlijke "Send Items' terecht. Je raad het al, ik wil graag dat dit in de "Send Items" van de groepsmailbox komt. Heeft iemand enig idee hoe??? W2000 Outlook 2000 Exchange 5.5 Bedankt, Peter Hoi Peter, Er wordt hier voornamelijk Engels gesproken om een zo breed mogelijk publiek aan te spreken. Voor jou probleem is niet direct een oplossing. Je kan wel een Wizard Regel zetten die een kopie in een andere map plaatst bij...

Obsolete / inactive items available to sales / inventory processin
Hi all, Does anyone know of a way to disallow obsolete/inactive items from being available for selection on sales orders? Thanks, -- Jim Bourque Two steps: first, in Setup->Sales->Sales Order Processing->Options, uncheck the option to allow sale of discontinued items. Second, mark those items Discontinued in the Item Card. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Jim B" wrote: > Hi all, > > Does anyo...

Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes
Hi, I have setup Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes as I have a number of meeting rooms that all users should be able to book. I have since found that if user a) books a meeting and user b) attempts to delete it - he/she can. I don't seem to be able to prevent them, and would appreciate some help. Regards Nick ...

I need the items to have grades
In any business, there are items of different quality, different origin, different level of concentration etc. For example, Tea powder of 3 qualities: High, Medium, low or Tea made in different countries: India, Malasia, China. In the above cases, the item code has to be same because it is basically the same item, but there should be a way to identify them separately. The best way I have seen, to manage this requirement is to have a 'Grade' Column with the Item code. There should be a Grade Master in the Cards Menu of Inventory Module, where the user can create the Grade Type...

Messages not saved in Sent Items Folder
Outlook 2003. Some messages are not being saved to the Sent Items Folder even though it is checked in the options. Does not matter whether is a reply, forward or a new email. It is seemingly random with most messages being saved correctly to the Sent Items Folder. Any Ideas? Thanks, Hugo I have a similar problem, along the lines of the below: When i type email and attempt to send when not connected (due to temporary connectivity issues and when unable to connect), the mail is saved in Outbox. When next connected, the mail is sent *but* the mail is not saved in sent items folder. Sending wh...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

Can you keep flagged items from being autoarchived?
I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take flagged items to the archive. I keep having to pull them back into the current mail file. Is there something I can set to accomplish this? Hit Alt-Enter while you've got one of these items highlighted then set the option to not AutoArchive the item "dstuart101" <dstuart101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:272808E3-27B8-4E34-9A85-4070E91C5FEB@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take > flagged items to the archive. I keep ha...

Suppliers with Top Items List
Can anyone let me know how to show suppliers on Top Item List? I badly need this. I tried my way but not successful. -- Many Thanks Install the RMS Toolkit trial download you requested and check off Custom Reports/Templates during installation. Now run Manager, Reports, Custom, Top Items Report. This report includes Suppliers, Dept, Category, and Sub-Descriptions as columns and filter options. There are over 100 free reports and templates included with our RMS Toolkit trial. Visit: www.digitalretailer.com/trial Greg Digital Retail Solutions www.digitalretailer.com/RMSaddins (v1.x and ...

Menu in Word behaving oddly; items (like the entire contents of the Tools menu) disappearing...
Hey, I'd be oh-so-grateful if anyone has any idea how I could address this problem. I'm quite mystified. I'm running MS Word for X on my Mac (OS 10.4.3), and lately some odd things have begun happening. At first I was just working around them, but I've decided live my computer life too much that way (ignoring problems and hoping they go away), so thought I should look into this before it gets out of control. Items have been disappearing from the Word menu bar. That is, for instance, after I had used the "Symbols" option under the "Insert" menu one day, it di...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...

Tab sequence on Item Maintenance screen
When creating new items on the Item Maintenance screen and tabbing through the fields. The 3rd tab takes you to the Generic Description field, which users may then enter. The next tab takes you to the Class ID field, if you select a Class ID for the item and update the item with information from the class the Generic Description you entered is over-written. While I agree with this functionality, the suggestion is that the tab sequence on the screen should be changed so that when tabbing through the fields you are prompted to select the Class ID first so the Generic Description (and a...

Linking items GREATER THAN O on another worksheet in the same Work
I have a workbook that has about four worksheets … I want to create a list of items that will automatically be included on worksheet tab 4 from Worksheet tab 1 if the quantity for the item listed on the first worksheet has been changed from 0 to any other number (i.e. 1 or 10 etc). I have a list of equipment with pricing on worksheet tab 1 and the list is long. Many of the items will have quantities of zero and will not increase as they will not be selected for the project being created. We have additional columns for cost, extended cost, labor hours etc. If the quantity changes for a...

Auto Empty Deleted Items on Exit OR after X days or X Items accumulated?
In Outlook 2003 is there a way to Auto Empty the Deleted Items Folder, either on Exit OR after X days since deletion or when X number of Items accumulated? -- "J. J." Go to "Tools" : "Options" : "Other" First option is "Empty Deleted Items folder upon exiting" You can set it to delete after x number of days for certain e-mail account types. Go to: "Tools" : "E-Mail Accounts" : Select, "View or change e-mail accounts" Select account to chnage and click "Change..." : Click "More Settings" Se...

sum items in a table based on description
I am interested in summing items is a table based on their description. Is there a formula that will add items together from column based on the contents in another cell reference in the same row? I know a pivot table will do this with some restrictions in the table design. You can use sumif if there is onbly one condition Assume you want to sum values in column C where column B is "x" =SUMIF(B2:B500,"x",C2:C500) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hrider" <hrider@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejggYE$MFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I am interested ...

Permission on Sent Items
Hi Does anyone know how to set reviewer permissions on the sent items folder only, when i try and set it and go to open other users folder it doesnt display sent items. This is between two users over an exchange network. Thanks How are you trying to open the folder and what exactly happens when you try? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlo...

Can I control other process UI and input some data ?
Hi How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input edit box or click button controls ? Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? Thank you . "Kid" <Kid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC912098-E45E-4A70-82C0-5816011877D8@microsoft.com... > Hi > > How can I control other process UI and input some data value like input > edit > box or click button controls ? > > Is there some good sample code and tool to help me ? > > Thank you . There is no all-purpose solution but many things can be done by...

RR Import Utility
We have stores in different states, so we assign different item taxes to different stores for each item in our HQ database. Normally when we create a new item we start by copying an existing item. This also copies the tax assignments for each store for the item and makes item creation easier. We have started to use the RR Import Utility to import certain new items, but RR has not yet given us a proceedure for easily updating the store item taxes for the imported items. Does anyone out there know how to do this? When we import an item using the Import Utility, do we have to go into e...

Monitoring disk space
Hi All, - What are the thresholds you use for monitoring disk space usage on Exchange servers for the following? 1) System Drive (where Windows OS resides) 2) Store volume (where EDB & STM reside) and 3) Transaction Log volumes - do you monitor %disk free space? if yes, what's the threshold for an alert? free space = less than 10%? - is your threshold an absolute value - less than XX Gigs (subjective)? - For transaction logs, do you monitor based on usage? Is your threshold based on free space required to accomodate logs for XX number of days - let's say 5 or 7 days (in case ...

Smart Profit Research Report
Bajaj Auto Ltd, the second largest manufacturer of two-wheelers in India, has reported a lower growth compared to its peers. Due to its production constraints, decreasing brand image, market acceptance, and inability to achieve target sales, the stock seems to be struggling. It seems probable that within the next 6 months Bajaj may downgrade to the 4th position from its second position in the two wheeler segment, giving way to Honda and TVS Motors to up their positions in the Indian market. For the month of November 2010, total sales for Bajaj Auto dropped by 20% to 2.99 lakh units compared t...

How to set top-margin of CEdit control?
CEdit::SetMargins( UINT nLeft, UINT nRight ); sets the left and right margins of this edit control. However, I need to set top-margin of CEdit control. Is it possible? try the function CEdit::SetRect. "Animesh Rawal" <animesh.rawalREMOVETHIS@patni.com> wrote in message news:A24E1FB8-C5CD-4F1F-97CC-2EFBECE5A0B6@microsoft.com... > try the function CEdit::SetRect. Note that this function will only work for multiple line edit controls (MSDN). Tom. ...

Add an item in outlook
How can i add a folder under inbox remotely for all my users.I want to create this folder for all my users with his inbox charcterstics(is special for each user). Then i want to send a message with special content to go inside this folder. Thanks ...