Importing Vendor/Supplier Items

Is anybody successfully importing their supplier/vendor purchase order items
into RMS SO 2.0?

We would like to import all the item information from a PO that we have
ordered on a vendors web site or spreadsheet (including item descriptions,
UPC codes (and set these as our ILCs) pricing etc), so we don't have to
manually enter this.

I can see a lot of potential problems (existing items versus new items,
existing cost versus new cost, different layouts for different suppliers) so
any feed back would be appreciated.

Is anybody using any add-on modules to accomplish this? If so how do you
like them and is it saving (any) time?

0
Alex6724 (221)
9/16/2008 8:42:33 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Alex,
We have a utility that allows customers to do this.  The possibility and
level of integration is greatly up to your suppliers.  If you are interested
in learning more, please drop me an email or give me a call.

--
Thank you,
Ryan Sakry

"Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message
> Is anybody successfully importing their supplier/vendor purchase order
> items into RMS SO 2.0?
>
> We would like to import all the item information from a PO that we have
> ordered on a vendors web site or spreadsheet (including item descriptions,
> UPC codes (and set these as our ILCs) pricing etc), so we don't have to
> manually enter this.
>
> I can see a lot of potential problems (existing items versus new items,
> existing cost versus new cost, different layouts for different suppliers)
> so any feed back would be appreciated.
>
> Is anybody using any add-on modules to accomplish this? If so how do you
> like them and is it saving (any) time?

0
rsakry (322)
9/17/2008 2:13:13 PM
We have an Item Import applicatioin that is HQ and SO compatilble RMS 2.0
SP2.
Import new items edit existing.
Contact us for info.
Ian McLean
RMS
866-314-8164
sales@retail-pos.com

"Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message
> Is anybody successfully importing their supplier/vendor purchase order
> items into RMS SO 2.0?
>
> We would like to import all the item information from a PO that we have
> ordered on a vendors web site or spreadsheet (including item descriptions,
> UPC codes (and set these as our ILCs) pricing etc), so we don't have to
> manually enter this.
>
> I can see a lot of potential problems (existing items versus new items,
> existing cost versus new cost, different layouts for different suppliers)
> so any feed back would be appreciated.
>
> Is anybody using any add-on modules to accomplish this? If so how do you
> like them and is it saving (any) time?

0
IanM

How does the currency decimal get set on an item?
We have an item that has the Currency Decimal value set to 2 (instead of 4). How does this value get set? Most of our items have a value of 4, but this one item for some reason was set to 2. If I go to the Item Currency Maintenance screen, it shows a value of 2, but it can't be changed. I tried using the Utility to change it, but it wouldn't because there are already POs issued for the item. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Well, I figured out how it got set (or at least, didn't get set properly). The associated Item Class defi...

shared customer and vendors data
Hi, I will have a GP8 installation with a customer who manage 5 different companies, but they share the same customers and vendors , as well as other business info Is there a way to work around the problem of having to create a record five times? thank you Take a look at the RM and PM Master Record Triggers which are part of the Professional Services Tools. Sounds like they might accomplish what you need. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "sergio" <sergiol@sega.com.gt> wrote in message news:OfcAlJhQFHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, I wil...

import info from outlook to use in excel
I want to send a blank table in outlook (not an attached spreadsheet) that I could ask the recipient to fill in and return to me by email and then transfer that directly to a spreadsheet without having to enter data again manually. Is this possible? thanks in advance -- kinsey Why would you not want it returned as an attached spreadsheet? If it were, surely you could cut/copy and paste the data you need to your master spreadsheet. There is some manual involvement, but not much. How many recipients are there? -- Dobbo "kinsey" wrote: > I want to send a blank tabl...

Quick Import Excel Chart to Word?
Is there a quick way to input Excel charts into a word document? I have 540 charts that I need to have in an appendix of a document. I'm opening to any suggestions that you may have. One thought that I had is to create a VBA script to essentially do a copy and paste 540 times. But, I have a feeling there is an easier and/or faster way to get the job done. Thanks in advance for your help. -Matt Thanks Jon. Your website appears to be just what the doctor ordered. Copying charts as pictures seem to have some nice advantages over OLE objects. -Matt >-----Original Message----...

Importing Contact Causes Outlook 2003 to Shut Down
I have a cvs file to import. I have three contact files in Outlook 2003. I wish to update each with a cvs file. The first two times, it worked fine. With the third contrac file, it begins the process, the progress bar shows about 1/4 of the way, and then Outlook closes. No error messages are shown -- it just closes. "celderkin" <celderkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:542E3A98-C391-4999-9DAF-BEC130FA5624@microsoft.com... >I have a cvs file to import. I have three contact files in Outlook 2003. I > wish to update each with a cvs file. The...

Publisher 2002 hangs when importing/converting Word 2002 document
Dell Inspiron 8500, 640 megs of memory. Files in word 2002. Trying to import files into publisher will cause the convert dialog to come up, but the file, once selected, never converts. The progress bar stays at 0%. Publisher is running at SP2, ditto with word. All the normal upgrades to xp home, publisher, office, etc have been done. Any suggestions? I also tried inserting the text file as an object. This does work, but produces one large text frame, which will not link. It looks like publisher is thinking of this as a picture. What I want is to be able to link to an existing wor...

Invalid Item id

Import into WML Claendar
Is there any way to import 500 Appointments into WLM Calendar ? I have it linked to a Live Account, but I could not find Import there, despite some Websites saying there is a function. I have Outlook, so I could even temporary install that, but I would like to avoid that. Stephan What web sites claim that individual events can be imported ? A calendar from another source can be shared..logon at Calendar.live.com for the details. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Stephan Koenig" <S.Koenig@LaserPlus.de> wrote in message news:uF5XaEitKHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP...

Pay only EFT vendors in GP 10
GP 9 used to have a checkbox in the Select Checks window for EFT Only. I don't see that checkbox in GP 10. How do we select to pay only EFT vendors in GP 10? Elaine, From the Select Payables Checks window, enter a Batch ID. When prompt to add, click on the EFT Payment Method radio button. When you select a range of vendors to pay, GP will only pay those who have EFT setup information. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Elain...

Parameter queries that allow users to choose items from a list
Dear Access 2007 VBA Gurus, I have a "Worship Song" database. The tables are: tblWorshipSongs tblAuthorFirstNames tblAuthorLastNames tblCopyrightHolders tblKeys tblTempos tblSongThemes tblSongTypes I would like to create parameter queries that allow users to choose their parameter from a list, preferably the entries from one of the tables. For example, suppose I wanted to query all the songs by a particular author's last name. I don't just want users to type in a last name, in which case they might misspell it and return no records, or type in an entr...

Problem with Deleted Item Recovery in Outlook 2003 Cached mode
Hello I am running Outlook 2003 against a server running Exchange 2000. Outlook is running in cached mode. I am having a problem with the 'Recover Deleted Items' tool in Outlook. I can initially see the list of items to recover, once they are selected and I choose to recover them they disappear from the list, however they do not appear to sync back into the deleted items folder in Outlook. When I turn off cached mode the messages appear. This is happening on every Outlook client in the building; it is reproducible and happens with 100% consistency. Can anyone offer some advi...

items on shared calender
Hi, On shared calender, Is it possible to make item visible/available to read and modify only to the user who created the item at first? Thanks in a public folder? Look at the folder permissions. right click on the folder and choose properties, permissions. one of the options is edit own and edit all. visibility is more difficult since the purpose of a shared calendar is to share... try marking items Private. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipsti...

HQ not showing items at all stores
I have noticed that some of my items don't show up on the Store Quantity tab of the HQ item properties form. For example, I have HQ Item ID 8699. Shows store quantities correctly for three of four stores. Fourth store is not even on the list. In the store database (the store that's not shown in HQ for this item) the HQID is correct. I tried issuing a WS501 Request Full Item Count but when I go to reconcile using Inventory task 190, the ILC in question is not even on the list. I tried issuing a WS250 but that didn't help either. There are other items like this (not too ma...

Outlook: inbox and sent items in one folder
I was told that Outlook Express can show received and sent items in one folder with different icons. Can this be done in Outlook? No, and I doubt it can in OE either. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, vamail asked: | I was told that Outlook Express can show received and sent items in | one folder with different icons. Can this be done in Outlook? ...

How to delete Additional Vendor Accounts without SQL??? Please hel
I am trying to delete accounts in the "Additional Vendor Accounts" (Cards >> Purchasing >> Vendors - pull up Vendor, click on Accounts button, then click on "Extras" menu and select Options >> Open Addit Vendor Accounts). How can I do this without access to SQL? Is there a way to mass delete all these accounts without a SQL script, from within Great Plains? Thank you!!! Please help. The only other way to mass delete any kind of vendor setup is by making changes to the vendor class and rolling them down. Of course, this only works if the vendors ar...

No preview of merged items
When an experienced user attempts to run a mail merge on labels everything seems to work well until attempting to preview the labels, where they are blank. She tells me that another user had a similar issue which was resolved with a patch. Searches have found nothing, while automatic office updates crash (I have another post in regardig the crash under office updates). Does anybody know of a relevant patch? What version software and what application are they using to produce the labels? "mickane" <mickane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE1A212D-6653-4E...

import contacts from received E-Mail
Hello, if one of our customers receives a E-Mail with Outlook 2003 contact in the appendix, the OWA customer can open the appendix without problems, but it is not possible to save the the new contact in his own contacts. The button "safe and close" is not available (button is grey). Windows/Exchange 2003 native enviroment (last servicepacks installed), Office 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 (IE6 SP2) Could it be an administrative task in our OWA config or could it be a security problem? We already have check the MS KB-Article (883575) for the IE6 security and popup-blocker problem. ...

Filename import
I am trying to import file names from a windows directory into an Excel Spreadsheet. So that when i open the spreadsheet, i can manipulate the file names and order easily. (not the actual files). If Excel can not do this, is there any office program that will work? thanks for your help Carl Hi Carl There is a Excel spreadsheet called FileLister.xls which i use for the very purpose you are seeking to do. If you wish i can email it to you. Regards Jed "CiceroCF" <CiceroCF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ACD3DED-191A-4F18-8F2A-D7D6173739AC@microsoft.com.....

Importing inbox.csv to include email dates
Can someone please tell me how to import a previously exported inbox.csv so that it will include the date received when I import it into outlook. Thanks It can't - it is one of the limitations of importing. Do you still have the original data in the .pst file? If yes, just open the old .pst file and use drag and drop to move items from old to new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Ron <brarko@hotmail.com> asked: | Can someone please tell me how to import a...

Customer/Item Classes' change don't roll down
Hi there, After importing master records in Customer and Item files I try to roll down changes in the class, altough it apparently do the roll down and affect the customers/items under this class, it really doesn't do anything. Knowledge Base talks about this as an unsolved problem in cases reported in 2005 and 2006. I wonder whether this has been fixed or not. Any help would be appreciated -- Gilberto Villegas GP Business Solutions partner Which version are you on currently? Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On May 14, 8:24=A0pm, Gilberto <Gilbe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

importing old 2000 publisher docs onto computer with 7.0 version
The new version of publisher will not update automatically my older version documents. I have many business files on the older version. Please advise how to open these older versions. They should open with 2007. Might turn off Enhanced display in View, Pictures. Publisher 2000 did not use compression, the files tend to be large and at times takes a long time to open. Large Publisher 2000 publication opens slowly in later versions of Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B289010&Product=pub2002 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

Deleted items folder on Outlook
I have set the "empty deletd items folder upon exit" and the folder is emptied on the first time I exit after a re-boot of my PC. After that however the folder does not empty unless I re-boot again. Is there a soluition please? ...

Automatically print items sent to public folder
Is there any way to automatically print items emailed to a public folder? On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:24:03 -0700, MASIV <MASIV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there any way to automatically print items emailed to a public folder? If you're ok with scripting you could try: http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/glenscales/icomprn.asp Scripting this on the Exchange server kind of makes me nervous, but I will take a look at this. "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote: > On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:24:03 -0700, MASIV > <MASIV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > &g...

set item tax for each store when creating item in HQ
When creating items in HQ via the wizard you should be able to set the item tax for each store. It currently defaults to the only tax option you have, so if you create a large matrix you either have to go into each item separately, go the the item tax tab, and change the other stores tax code, or you have to issue a WS320. This seems like a lot of work for creating and managing an item. The more hoops you have to jump through to manage your business through HQ the less appealing the product is to clients. They get very frustrated as they find out how inefficient HQ really is. -- Ronald...

Mass Change Checkbook ID In vendor Maintenance
We recently switched banks, I am now looking for an easy way to update the checkbook ID in vendor cards to reflect the change in bank. We have about 200 vendors and I really don't want to go into each vendors card and change each one individually. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Domenic Domenic, If vendor has assigned to class then you simply update the check book id in class set up. It will update the all vendors who are all assigned to this class. I think this is the only way to update the mass vendors. If any thing else, would be appreciated, Regards Jega...