Importing of Gift Card numbers and balances

I have a customer that has a list of Gift Card numbers and balances from
their old POS system.  Is there a way to import those balances and numbers as
vouchers?  Or is there an alternate way to use these existing Gift Cards?

Thanks in advance.

Phil
0
PhilV (37)
6/9/2009 4:37:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

customizations import from 3.0 to 4.0
Is is possible to import customizations into a 4.0 system that were exported from a 3.0 install? You will need to upgrade 3.0 implementation to 4.0 by running MS CRM 4.0 setup. Please go through Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Installing Guide. You can download this guide from folowing URL http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1CEB5E01-DE9F-48C0-8CE2-51633EBF4714&displaylang=en I don't think that there is any supported way through which you can import 3.0 Customization file to 4.0 implementation. Cheers, Rohit "Leo_B" wrote: > Is is possible to im...

how do I import my Comcast Int address to outlook in box?
I do not know Outlook. I have 3 e mail addresses; one AOL, one Comcast, and one Victoria@northwest.com. How do I set up these addresses in Outlook? You should be able to set up a profile for each one through the Control Panel, look for the Mail icon. -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "AprilWard" wrote: > I do not know Outlook. I have 3 e mail addresses; one AOL, one Comcast, and > one Victoria@northwest.com. How do I set up these addresses in Outlook?...

Help importing sales history
I am trying to import sales history into the Microsoft RMS data base. I have populated fields in the Transaction, the TransactionEntry, and the Batch tables, yet I can not see any sales history data through the RMS applications. Am I missing some required fields? Here are the fields I have populated: Transaction: StoreID, TransactionNumber, BatchNumber, Time, CustomerID, CashierID, Total, Sales Tax. Transaction Entry: Cost, FullPrice, StoreID, ID, TransactionNumber, ItemID, Price, Quantity, SalesRepID, Taxable. Batch: Batch Number, OpenTime, CloseTime. We have the RR Import Utili...

CRM 4 Import Customization hangs #3
When trying to import isv.config customization into CRM 4, the 'Import Customization -- Webpage Dialog' window just says 'Importing customizations. please wait for operation to complete...'. It never finishes. Any ideas? Thanks. Raj, i have been looking into that problem myself for one of my clients. When I logged on to our server and imported it and it ran just fine. If i find something i will post it Jarrett http://www.dynamics4.com I also had that problem at a client. Microsoft supplied me with three different hot fixes. The deployment was a inplace upgrade from ...

Maximum number of bits
I have a requirement to find the maximum number of consecutive zeros in a row in a 32 bit binary number. For example 1111 1111 1111 1000 1111 1111 0000 1111 = 4 1111 1110 1111 1110 1111 1111 1110 1111 = 1 I am actually storing the number in a BIGINT for simplicity. I can do this in a udf with a look fairly easily but was wondering if there is something more sql that will do the job. Cheers, Michael That's an interesting question. Does it include leading zeroes? 0000 0000 0111 1000 1111 1111 0000 1111 = 9? -- Thanks Michael Coles SQL Server MVP ...

Import vector shape from other apps?
I have a vector drawing in coreldraw, how do I get it into publisher so that the lines and fill color can be edited as if the shape is drawn in publisher? I tried exporting to .wmf and then import the wmf into publisher. I can resize the shape but the lines cannot be edited and the fill color cannot be recolored. Changing line color merely changes the bounding rectangle's color. peter wrote: > I tried exporting to .wmf and then import the wmf into publisher. I can > resize the shape but the lines cannot be edited and the fill color cannot be > recolored. Changing line ...

Conditional max. number
i've got a excel table like this: partcode value 201 0100 302 0019 147 0001 201 0098 201 0102 147 0002 i would like a cell that returns the max. no. in the "value" column for a particular partcode. Say, if i want to know the max. value for partcode "201", it will return "0102". How to do it if the table will get longer and longer (ie. more partcode to enter) day after day ? jack Hi Dennis! If the "values" are in fact numeric numbers formatted to include the leading zeros: =MAX(IF(A1:A6=201,B1:B6)) If...

Transaction Number
When is the best time to grab the transaction number and what hook should I use? Keeping in mind multiple lanes doing transactions at the same time. I want to create a hook that saves additional information in a custom table and need to save the transaction number. Rob PrintReceipt is the first hook that will have the Transaction Number available. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the...

Importing files #2
I recently changed computers. New XP and Office 2003. Tried to import archived Outlook Express files into Outlook and now realise they are different file extensions. Outlook = pst Express = dbx , right? How can I get my old emails from Express into Office 2003? "Danny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228501c49caf$0a79a290$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I recently changed computers. New XP and Office 2003. > Tried to import archived Outlook Express files into > Outlook and now realise they are different file > extensions. > Outlook = pst Exp...

How 2 update PowerPoint table with excel numbers with same formatt
Hi, I have office 2003. I have PowerPoint table (not linked in excel). Well formatted according to my requirement. But when I need to update few cells (numbers) copying from Excel into PowerPoint, formatting is getting mess up. I tried paste as unformatted paste it's paste everything in one column only. Can anyone please help me out so i can copy & paste only those particular cells from Excel into PowerPoint Table without losing any formatting? Thanks Masters in advance :) Rajesh ...

How do insert page numbers in excel
how do i insert page numbers in excel as it appears in word? You create a footer. Use File>Page Setup>Header/Footer>Footer>Page 1 -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Timothy" <Timothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F49714AA-F9B4-430C-9F07-759B944429BF@microsoft.com... > how do i insert page numbers in excel as it appears in word? ...

Deleting duplicate house numbers
Hello, we extract information for street addresses, sometimes we receive house number duplicated example: 123 123 Main Street Does anyone know of a way to delete the first number so we just have the correct address of 123 Main Street? Thanks Sub dupstreetnumbersinstring() lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range("a1:a" & lr) x = InStr(c, " ") If Left(c, x) = Mid(c, x + 1, x) Then MsgBox c.Row c.Value = Mid(c, x + 1, 999999999) End If Next c End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dg...

money 2002 crashes when importing transactions
from approx mid july I have been unable to downlaod transactions from my bank. Note this is in Australia so if is not an automatic link. I manually trigger the downlaod and MS Money knows to import the file that my PC gets. Money status bar says "processing statement" and then pops up the error has occured box. It has the following info: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.904 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 10.0.0.904 Offset: 0014c5fe I have tried an uninstall and then reinstall into a new folder on different logical drive. I have also tried the xml fixes at http://supp...

How do you insert cut lines for business cards
I want to insert cutlines for business cards on a 8.5" by 11" and 11"x17" cardstock. Could anyone help me? Here's a dweeby little trick that works for me. With your card on screen, make a text box that exactly frames the outer edge of the card. Go to..Line/Border Style and choose 1/4 pt. This will place a fine line around the edge of the card. On your print screen, at the "Change Copies Per Sheet" button...set the Horizontal and Vertical gap to Zero. Try .7 for the side margin. The result should be a printed page with only a line separating the cards. C...

Format number as text on multiple files import to a Single Workbook
Hello, I want to Import Multiple Files to a Single Workbook and there is code on http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T003148_Importing_Multiple_Files_to_a_Single_Workbook.html that does the job with one exception: I want all the imported data to be formated as text and not general (I need leading zeros etc...). What to add to that code & where ? TIA Instead of moving the workbook, add a new sheet and format as text then copy and pastespecial as values. I change the open to use OPenText. this should work While x <= UBound(FilesToOpen) With wkbAll Set Newsht = .Sheets.Add(aft...

How do i hlookup with the "row index number" changing
i want to combine 2 worksheets, so i want to do a hlookup the headings of the colums are the same but are ordered differentl (from a data dump) thats why i can't do a straight copy and paste. i need my formula to do something like this Row 1 contains the column headings Row 2 to 1999 contains data from the 1st file Sheet1 contains data from the 2nd file. a2000=HLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A:$AJ,2,FALSE) a2001=HLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A:$AJ,3,FALSE) a2002=HLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A:$AJ,4,FALSE) notice the row index number changes how do i create a formula where the row index number +1 for eac ite...

Sequential number
Is there a way to squentially number a column so that if you insert or delete rows in the middle the numbers will readjust? if you use A1+1 and copy it down, you get a #REF if you delete; and a blank cell if you don't (and then you have to use the fill handle from above the blank cell to resequence? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Suzan Enter the formula =ROW() in the first cell and copy it down. (You might like to add or subtract a constant depending on how you want the cells numbered). When you delete a row this will automatically re-number. If you insert a row, thoug...

Unable to import a pst file
I exported a pst file. Rebuilt the laptop. I then tried to import the pst file but got the "Properties for this Information Service must be defined prior to use." followed by the error message "...You do not have the permissions ..." I have made sure that the file is not read only but I still get the error. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Make sure the file is not marked as read only and that you have read/write permissions on it. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP C...

Changing account numbers
Am I regulated to not using billpay through my bank anymore when an account number changes? This is not MSN Billpay BTW... My bank will not allow account numbers to be changed through MS Money 2005. I can understand that, but if I change it at my bank and in Money then the Payee IDs do not match according to Money. So I deleted my payee accounts on my banks website, but Money will not create new payees it just complains about the payee ID not existing. So now I decided to create a new loan account with a different payee name but then Money encountered an error on the last step of cr...

Seeding Random Numbers with Multiple Threads?
Hi, Usually, seeding the random number generator with a time value is ideal as it creates what is for all practical purposes, true random numbers. However, each thread has it's own random number seed. And, I need to seed 4 seperate threads during initialization of my app. So using the time doesn't work, as all four threads end up using the exact same (therefore non-random) series of numbers. Is there a best practice for what seed(s) to use when seeding several random generators at once? Are there three more different, but unpredictable UINT values in the system that I could seed the...

import xml into access
Dear all, I have a list of xml documents (same format) in the folder. How can I scan all these files and import them into access table (access 2003) by coding? Please help!!! Do you have similar code for me to take reference? Thanks, On Sep 3, 1:51 pm, "Raymond Chiu" <rchiu...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a list of xml documents (same format) in the folder. > How can I scan all these files and import them into access table (access > 2003) by coding? > Please help!!! > Do you have similar code for me to take reference? > > Thanks,...

T-SQL script to update A/P account value of Vendor Card
Hello: For some reason, I just noticed that a question that I posed over an hour ago still has not posted to the newsgroups. So, I'm going to try to repost, here. I am trying to develop a simple T-SQL script in Fabrikam where I update the A/P account of the vendor card with a different account number from what is presently there. When I try each of the scripts below, SQL returns 0 results. Why? UPDATE PM00200 SET PM00200.PMAPINDX = GL00100.ACTINDX from PM00200 as PM00200 join GL00100 as GL00100 on PM00200.PMAPINDX = GL00100.ACTINDX WHERE PMAPINDX IN( select ACT...

How to import windows mail inbox folders
I have a lot of separate folders for my emails in Windows Mail, all the accounts have been exported from WM and imported to WML but not my inbox folders and messages, is there a way of doing this? Paul Hi, Paul. Have a closer look at each Folder listing in the Folders Pane. There should be a small arrow - actually triangle - in front of each of them. But this little arrow behaves strangely. It's not visible when the mouse pointer is in a different pane. And when the "tree" for a Folder is collapsed, the arrow is white (unfilled) and very hard to notice. But ...

Creating text files to import
I'm a newbie here, and a programmer who needs to convert a few existing reports from our application into a format that can be converted to Excel. I tried simply outputting a report to a .txt file, but the import was so completely random. These reports have headings and subheadings, then a body with different types of text (numbers, dates, etc.). The reports create spaces between each word. Example: 3/29/05 Inventory Sold Report Page 1 Item# Quantity Date Sold 9874779948 6 03/19/05 7367632737 15 03/07/0...

IM 9.0
We recently upgraded from GP 7.0 to GP 9.0. We use Ceridian for payroll and have an integration that takes a text file it creates and imports it into the GL. The text file is in account number order. The text file is used as two integration sources, one source groups the entries to create the journal header and the other source returns all the records from the file sorted by Account Number. There is a grouping that joins the two sources. The GL batch is in a random order. While technically this is not a problem the resulting reports are in that same random order which makes them d...