Importing Item List for the first time

We are currently change over from Quickbooks Accounting 2002 Pro to MS Retail
Management System and need to know the easist way to import item list into MS
POS.
--
Dan Hausbeck
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dan,

Easiest is to upgrade to QB 2003 or higher. Then follow these instructions;
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836444

Otherwise, does 2002 give you the ability to export a report to Excel?  If
so, create a report of your inventory items, export to an Excel file and
then use the unsupported RMS Import Utility, again in CustomerSource.

I think you are going to _have_ to update QB anyway as they no longer
support 2002.
--
*
"Dan Hausbeck" <DanHausbeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
We are currently change over from Quickbooks Accounting 2002 Pro to MS
Retail
Management System and need to know the easist way to import item list into
MS
POS.
--
Dan Hausbeck

0
spam3944 (2163)
11/11/2004 9:10:08 PM
Dan,

In Quick Books, run the Inventory Stock Status by Item report and export it
to Excel.  RMS does have an import utility, but it is not the greatest tool
and is not supported by Microsoft.

We use MSSQL Import:

http://www.ems-hitech.com/mssqlutils

It's only $39 and is MUCH better than the QSImport utility.

Have a great day!

Amy

--
Amy Luby
Mobitech

Microsoft Certified Partner:  Networking Infrastructure Solutions
Microsoft Certified Business Solutions Partner: Microsoft Retail Management
System
Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional: Retail Management
System Headquarters
Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional: Retail Management
System Store Operations

"Dan Hausbeck" <DanHausbeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are currently change over from Quickbooks Accounting 2002 Pro to MS
> Retail
> Management System and need to know the easist way to import item list into
> MS
> POS.
> --
> Dan Hausbeck

0
a.luby (83)

Security Permissions on Address List!!!!!!!!
I accidently set the authenticated users group to deny all on an address list and set it not to inherit permissions..... can i somehow reset this?! help! thanks. I cant even delete it either in adsi! Correction, I deleted the address list container out of the configuration schema in AD. is there any way to restore this? a reinstall of exchange, or using an authoritative restore of AD just for that object? Thanks. "Gabe Matteson" <gmatteson@inquery.biz.nospam> wrote in message news:%23hZuKDMHGHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I accidently set the authenticated users ...

User distribution lists do not appear in GAL
Hello All, Today I had a problem with my Exchange 2003 server for the distribution lists and their GAL (Global Address List) listings. I solved the *my* problem and I would like to share it as a reference..(The problem might be different than yours but hope it may help somebody) ---- The Problem --- The distribution groups that are created under the "Active directory Users and Computers" Panel do not appear in GAL , even after the RUS (Recipent Update Service) is updated over the accounts. Additional info A ) The groups were apperaring under the All Global Address List > Defa...

How do you keep a list drop-down menu visible?
I would like to keep the drop-down menu created when you make a list in Excel 2003 visable, even when you dont have a cell active in the area the list has been created. It seems the default behavior is to hide the drop-down menu unless a cell in the list area is active. I have another document here that somone else created (dont know who) where the drop-down menu for filtering using a list is ALWAYS visable. Its driving me nuts trying to find out how it was done. If anyone knows i would be very grateful. Thanks It sounds like they used Data|Filter|autofilter. phatfish wrote: > > I...

Moving outlook items
As I have Outlook 97 and Outlook Express 6, I'm using OE as my default mail handler. However, I have a fair number of emails stored in Outlook to which I have to refer from time to time. Is there any way to move them so that I can open them in OE and thus not have to use Outlook at all? Also: when clicking on an email link (xxx@ somethingorother), my Windows treats Outlook as the default mail handler and opens a new message in outlook. Any way I can change this? Any help appreciated Nick On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:05:41 +0100, "Nick Drew" <spam@nickdrew.com> wrote: >...

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Calculating time #3
I know this question has been asked before, but the answers that I have found do not seem to work for me for some reason. I am probably doing something wrong. What I need to do is calculate hours worked for the day. I have set up a spreadsheet to include the following: C3 is the time in D3 is the time out E3 is .5 hours (this is lunch) F3 is the total number hours worked for the day. The formula I have put in this cell is: =HOUR(D3-C3)-E3 [this is exactly how the formula is typed in] Now, if someone put their time in as 7:30 a.m. and their time out at 4:00 p.m. and they take the .5...

RMS SO 2.0 Manager
On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about 5 minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only happens on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE process CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network utilization/activity. When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long at all. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential solution? I've already tried r...

Selecting Photos from and ComboBox list then print on a Report
I would like to have a ComboBox on a Form that lists the names of photographs, and somehow have the names pointing to the actual image stored in the database or on the PC. Then by clicking a button on the Form, I'd like to print a Report with the photo printed on it, along with other data from the record. I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for the help. Dave Have a look at PictureMgr, the free demo software that I wrote to manage and print images. http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Picture2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http:/...

Linked List & Dynamic Memory Allocation
Hi, I am learning about data structures. I am somewhat confused and unable to apply concept of dynamic memory allocation to my application. This is what I am trying to do. I have an array of structures as follows: #define MAX 3 typdef struct node { char name[30]; struct node* next; }nodes; int main (void) { nodes m_node[MAX]; // play around with link list here add, remove, search items etc. return 0; } I am trying to dynamically allocate memory if user chooses to enter more than 3 records. I run following code to allocate memory dynamically. Code is running fine....

Importing investment transactions
I am having trouble importing a qif file containing buy and sell data for shares. Importing of the cash portion of the investment account appears to work for deposits and withdrawals; but not the buy/sell data. Can someone give the best known method to do this. Regards, Tom In microsoft.public.money, Tom G wrote: >I am having trouble importing a qif file containing >buy and sell data for shares. Importing of the cash >portion of the investment account appears to work for >deposits and withdrawals; but not the buy/sell data. >Can someone give the best known method to do th...

Time calculations for Scheduled Time vs. Actual Time Worked
I am trying to make a simple schedule worksheet for a manger to use to calculate the time he schedules an employee to clock in and out and what it will cost him in regards to his allocated budget and then to be able to compare it after the job is completed. BUT time calculations have thrown me for loop and I am stuck for hours on trying to calculate time fields. PLEASE DEAR GOD can someone help me. Below is a simple example of my worksheet. A2 (Time IN) = 1:00 PM A3 (Time OUT) = 5:00 PM A4 (Time Worked) = 4:00 (h:mm format) Formula A3...

combination validated list and free input
Two cells, first one "Name", the next a validated dropdown ("Dept."), based on "Name". "Dept" currently validates by Indirect(Name cell reference). Each Name of employees is defined as a range that has their allowable departments. The challenge is that I want this to be able to handle non- employees also. So I need the validation to allow for a range name (the list of employees), but also a "Non- Employee" entry, which would allow for someone outside of the company to submit one of these forms. My one idea of how to do this is to hav...

Time line in excel graph
I need a vertical line in my graph to show that the graph information after the line is the future predicted outcomes. I've tried countless different options and cant seem to find how to do this! Hi, There are various ways of addressing this problem. See the following for examples of adding lines to charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Wilkesy50 wrote: > I need a vertical line in my graph to show that the graph information after > th...

add items to a contact
I would like to know if it were possible (and how, maybe with a plugin) to add items to a contact in outlook 2003. In concrete, as I have seen in Agilix Gobinder 2005 or Tabletplanner, in a contact one can add persons (spouse, sons, assistants, etc) and then add to each of them items (birthdays, anniversaries, etc). In the calendar view, these family celebration dates appear so one would be able to recall them. Gobinder and Tabletplannet can sync with Outlook , but unfortunatly, these added items have no counterpart in outlook, so they are missed in outlook. Any help, please? Jaume You...

Outlook express 6.0 export/import
I am trying to import messages from OE 6.0 Win 98 machine) which are in *.dbx format into another OE 6.0 on another machine(XP).. It gives me MAPI error.. What seeems to be the problem ? >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import messages from OE 6.0 Win 98 machine) >which are in *.dbx format into another OE 6.0 on another >machine(XP).. It gives me MAPI error.. >What seeems to be the problem ? > >. > Backup and Restore OE http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite...

importing data into a Word document
Say you have a Word document that is setup like a form in that it has lines for people to input data. It is technically not a form in that you don't click into a box and type data. Rather the blank lines indicate people should input something there. Is there a way to take data from a Excel file and import that data into the Word file in specific locations? If so would there have to be some formatting done to the locations where the data would import into? Look at Word help for Mail Merge file creation with Excel as the data source. I think that might be helpful to ...

help
Hello, I imported some transactions and later deleted them. Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I have to manually enter them. Is there a way to tell money to import again? Money acts like it is out of sync with my bank transactions. Thanks for the help. Frank In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: > >I imported some transactions and later deleted them. >Now when I try and import from my bank, M2004 does not import them. I have >to manually enter them. > >Is there a way to tell money to import again? Not short of disabling online acce...

Outlook is not recognizing a Sent Items Folder
When I try to send messages to people, it never gets sent. Instead it stays in my Outbox. This is because Outlook XP is not recognizing a Sent Items folder or it is not there. Please help me to fix Outlook. Try starting Outlook once with the /resetfolders command line switch. This switch (and a few other really helpful ones) are discussed here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q296192 "Robin Arora" <robinarora@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2e5d01c37514$018d77b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to send messages to people, it never gets > se...

totals from list not in order
hi, I am looking to have all data on one sheet and have total amount of a group on another sheet, how do i do this?? this may seem simple to experts liek you but today si an off day for me : ) thanks for your help ...

How do I make a list in Excel automatically go to the top of the .
How can I make an Excel spreadsheet make a list automatically move to the top of the column to the right of the original column when it reaches the bottom? Hi Try something like this Private Sub WORKSHEET_CHANGE(ByVal TARGET As Range) If ActiveCell.Row = 65536 Then ActiveCell.Offset(-65535, 1).Select Else End If End Sub This will activate when a change is made in last row of column you may need to change if statement to suit needs if not activecell Tina "Radio Bill" wrote: > How can I make an Excel spreadsheet make a list automatically move to the top > of the column to ...

Time Format to Text Output
Hi I run Excel 2K I have a series of times that I download from the mainframe. (these are in a date format) EXAMPLE 23/09/2009 6:07:00 AM 22/09/2009 9:22:00 PM 22/09/2009 7:40:00 PM etc etc I am in need of a formula that looks at these times, and based on their values, displays a particular piece of text. (in this case "DAY", "AFT", "NIGHT") Example Any time between the following: 7:20:00 AM to 3:19:00 PM should display the word DAY Any time between the following: 3:20:00 PM to 11:19:00PM should display the word AFT Any time between the following: 1...

how do I import my address book from another e-mail account
I have peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account. I need to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my outlook account. How do I do this Once Outlook is set up and running, Import your csv file, within outlook "chivagirl" <chivagirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:920E815F-A2D0-4578-AA74-D2CD6D138E05@microsoft.com... >I have peoplepc as my current isp and want to cancel that account. I need > to export my address book to a .csv file in order to import it into my > outlook account. How do I do this ...

Inactive Items
We have several dormant items which we dont want to delete since we might activate those in the future. These items by the way have historical data but no current inventory, allocated, on order, returned or in use quantities. Kindly advise what is the best way to prevent the users from accidentally adding transactions to these items. Thank you. Change the Item Type in Cards>> Inventory>> Item to "Discontinued", this will warn the user that this item is discontinued on Receiving and will not allow the Sales. Mak sure not to select "Remove Discont...

Customization of CRM Activities List Page...
Hi, I want to display the creation date time column on Activities List page in MS CRM. I didnot find any customization available for Sub links like Activities, Notes........... Also if some one can tell how to change the Status of an Activity. Regards, BizWorld activity views are not customizable in this release. Same story with activities in general. Expect this to change in a later release of crm -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "BizWorld" <moonis.tahir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1114122380.225434.54140@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Project Time & Expense Entry
We are looking at switching our third party PA to GP PA. We need the use of Business Portal Time and Expense entry. The product looks good however we need the expense entry to write to AP instead of Payroll (using outside service). Anyone experienced this? On my GP 8 system, employee expenses feed AP. In fact, when you go to the employee card and select the option that says "Files employee expense" a vendor record is created with the vendor id equal to the employee id. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Lisa" wrote: > We are looking at switching our third party PA to...