Implemment RMS with QuickBooks

When I  configure accounting in Store operations with the followings steps:

On the File menu, click Configuration.

Click the Accounting tab.

In the Accounting software box, select the destination accounting program.

And select QuickBooks 2003 and later, I receive this message:

"Blank response received from QuickBook"... and when I Want import into
QuickBooks I can't because all items finish n error.. "Data was not
successfully imported."
What I can Do?
0
RMS (14)
1/30/2008 4:39:04 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You have to actually first configure QB, then set up SO for QB, next import
your QB data and finally assign the GL accounts in SO.

It is not as easy as the config menu makes it look. There are a million
little steps outside of changing the accounting section of SO config.

There are some articles on it, but the main one I know is only available as
Partner. There are quite a few posts here on the boards on the integration -
you might want to try looking there.
--
Jocelyn

"RMS" wrote:

> When I  configure accounting in Store operations with the followings steps:
>
> On the File menu, click Configuration.
>
> Click the Accounting tab.
>
> In the Accounting software box, select the destination accounting program.
>
> And select QuickBooks 2003 and later, I receive this message:
>
> "Blank response received from QuickBook"... and when I Want import into
> QuickBooks I can't because all items finish n error.. "Data was not
> successfully imported."
> What I can Do?
0
jocelynp (229)
1/30/2008 5:19:07 PM
Quickbook needs to running when you click on the Retrieve Button, then
Quickbooks program will start flashing in the taskbar, move over the to the
quickbooks program and click ok for the sercity, now you can import. I have a
well prepared document, if you need more. Connect me at
jasonclements32304@yahoo.com

"jocelynp" wrote:

> You have to actually first configure QB, then set up SO for QB, next import
> your QB data and finally assign the GL accounts in SO.
>
> It is not as easy as the config menu makes it look. There are a million
> little steps outside of changing the accounting section of SO config.
>
> There are some articles on it, but the main one I know is only available as
> Partner. There are quite a few posts here on the boards on the integration -
> you might want to try looking there.
> --
> Jocelyn
>

> "RMS" wrote:
>
> > When I  configure accounting in Store operations with the followings steps:
> >
> > On the File menu, click Configuration.
> >
> > Click the Accounting tab.
> >
> > In the Accounting software box, select the destination accounting program.
> >
> > And select QuickBooks 2003 and later, I receive this message:
> >
> > "Blank response received from QuickBook"... and when I Want import into
> > QuickBooks I can't because all items finish n error.. "Data was not
> > successfully imported."
> > What I can Do?
0
Jasoncleme (33)
1/30/2008 8:17:02 PM
There's another possibility. If you use QB Canadian Edition, it will never
work. You need to sync through QB file.

"RMS" <RMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I  configure accounting in Store operations with the followings
> steps:
>
> On the File menu, click Configuration.
>
> Click the Accounting tab.
>
> In the Accounting software box, select the destination accounting program.
>
> And select QuickBooks 2003 and later, I receive this message:
>
> "Blank response received from QuickBook"... and when I Want import into
> QuickBooks I can't because all items finish n error.. "Data was not
> successfully imported."
> What I can Do?

0
mixer1 (19)

PC Charge use with RMS
I have recently purchased PC Charge to help with reporting from RMS. However now that I have it I am being told that Store Operations supports PC Charge versions up to and including 5.1. I however have purchased version 5.7.1 and am having issues processing CC's. Does anyone know if this is true and if it is not true what would be causing my error: Status: Denied Approval: User Not Found Thanks you need to call verifone and tell them that you re using microsoft rms so they can change the user name from user1 to whatever you have setup in rms. the problem is the username i ...

Free RMS reports, templates and product signage
RMS users: Our RMS Toolkit trial download now includes over 100 custom reports, templates, and label formats for POP signage. The Report/Template Bundle with SmartPOP is valued at $500 and is FREE to keep just for trying our RMS add-in suite. No purchase is necessary. RMS Toolkit overview brochure: http://www.digitalretailer.com/AddinPDFs/DRS-RMSToolkit-PDF.pdf RMS Toolkit 30-day trial download: http://www.digitalretailer.com/TKdemo-dl.htm If there are any other tools, reports, templates, and utilities you'd like added to the RMS Toolkit, please let us know. Resellers: Rebrandable broch...

RMS Integration with Fuel Pumps
I have a client with a mini mart and fuel station. They are using Sam4 registers and Ruby for the fuel sales. They hope to replace the Sam4 registers with RMS which is a no brainer but would like to import the fuel sales from Ruby on a daily basis. I was wondering if anyone out there has attempted this or could recommend an add on that will reduce pain. Thanks John I am interested in this as well John. What is it he is wanting to do with the console sales? "JStorlie" wrote: > I have a client with a mini mart and fuel station. They are using > Sam4 registers and Ruby ...

Max number of items in RMS SO database?
Is there a limit to the number of items in the RMS SO (1.2/1.3) database? I've gotten a call from a store manager and he tells me that when they try to add an item they get a "run time error 6 - overflow". His solution is to delete an "old" item and then a new item can be added. I find it hard to beleive there is a limit, since this store has been open for many years and the database has never been shrunk, meaning that every transaction from day one is stored... Last time I looked it was like 9GB (yeah, I know, we need to fix this). So why the trouble with items...

Different RMS newsgroups
Can someone explain the different newsgroups devoted to RMS? I remember some web page with 'managed' and 'unmanaged' but can't seem to find it. Thanks This is the only public newsgroup. Customers who are on the support plan may have their posts addressed by MS Tech support in this forum, provided they have properly registered their account, the post otherwise goes unanswered and is deemed to be of interest to the community at large. Very few posts actually meet that, but then again, very few go unanswered. There are two Partner groups; one is managed and is intend...

How do you convert Money to QuickBooks?
I work for a small business and we are trying to change our accounting system to QuickBooks. I was wondering if anyone knew how to change Microsoft Money to QuickBooks, or if anyone knows of any website I can refer to. Thank you, Aimee This is not the correct newsgroup for your question. >-----Original Message----- >I work for a small business and we are trying to change >our accounting system to QuickBooks. I was wondering if >anyone knew how to change Microsoft Money to QuickBooks, >or if anyone knows of any website I can refer to. >Thank you, >Aimee >. &g...

Quickbooks data transfer
Does anyone know of a white paper or web-link to a procedure for the transferral of Quickbooks data to Great Plains. I have looked within the community and the methods of transferring via exporting to excel and importing via Integration Manager appear to be more time consuming than running both conccurently until the close of the fiscal year. When does your fiscal year end? You may want to think about loading the historical Quickbooks data onto GP in order to have comparitive data for reporting purposes. We have done the Quickbooks to GP many times - some tricks we have used inclu...

Tax on Discounted Items (RMS)
Hello, Is there a way to apply a 100% discount to an item yet still charge the tax? Any help would be wonderful! Thank you, Julie Tax wouldn't be charged on an item discounted 100%. Since the tax is a % of the sale amount, and the sale amount is $0, then there is no tax. Craig "Julie Sharpe" <JulieSharpe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF3F98B-921A-45DB-A2C2-F7010567FDC9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way to apply a 100% discount to an item yet still charge the > tax? > Any help would be wonderful! > > Thank you, >...

Accounting for Lottery sales with RMS
My accounting department is not happy with me. We sell two types of Lottery tickets. 1) scratch off tickets (we have paid for and have in stock) 2)online lottery tickets purchases (we merely act as a broker for the Texas state lottery) Does anyone have any recommendations how I should set up these two types of lottery tickets and refunds in the system? Put them in different Departments and let them handle the sales totals in whatever accounting system you are using. Rob "wvmkt" <wvmkt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6190B9B4-DBE2-4FE7-B880-0DD29DE3...

RMS 2.0, barcode not persistent after matrix item creation
Hi, I am currently using RMS 2.0. When creating a new matrix item, I select the barcode 128A option, along with other components. Then when I go to to the individual items, or when I go to print the corresponding labels, the barcodes are not selected. I would then have to edit each individual item and select the barcode for each of them again. This is a very time consuming process, especially when we get receive new inventory. I know that in 1.3 the barcode selection is persistent for matrix items. Is this simply a configuration that I missed somewhere or a limitation /bug in RMS...

RMS 2.0 Purchase Help
I am planning on purchasing RMS 2.0 for my 2 store operation with 2 cashiers + 1 back office computer at each location. I use a warehouse as HQ at this point. Please help me choose the right products at right price. Thank you, Flash, You can find RMS at all various prices from 50 or so dollars above the cost from MSFT to the MSRP. Microsoft also requires a maintence fee per sales lane of about $225(be aware of this the reseller may not tell you this, until the last minute) The back office computer should be hardware only as in RMS 2.0 the licensing is figured by how many sales lanes...

rms with olap
hi guys, i currently upgraded from rms 1.3 to 2.0 everything seems to be working fine but one problem is after i used analysis manager to force a reprocess on the olap cube, the data on the olap cube doesn't seem to match the data in rms. does anyone know what is going on? am i suppose to use another application to reprocess my olap cube FYI: reprocess = adding new information to my cube! (i just couldn't wait until the overnight reprocess; so i did it in the middle of the day) What OLAP cube are you using? Looking for OLAP cube for my store RMS 1.3? Dan "tommy" <...

Portable Scanner Use with RMS
My company would like to begin using portable scanners with RMS for the purpose of inventory/cycle counting. Can someone who is using portable scanners please contact me at sbinder@venus.com so that I can "pick their brain" on the subject? Thank you. Hey Tom, Could you let me know what Symbol you're using? Also, do you use wireless to directly touch the database or is the 2B solution static? I've had reports from the field on issues with the MC50 being unreliable on TKIP. I'm in the midst of a WiFi quandry and am wondering what you're using that seems to work f...

RMS new item wizard: ability to add product order #
The new item wizard functions very well but I would like to see one added information field added. When adding a new matrix item the field to be added is the order # for the new item. Currently, after I have built a new matrix item ( example: a jean in 7 waist sizes and 3 lengths = 21 individudal items) I then have to go to each item the wizard built ( in this case 21) and add the order number in the supplier line. If not, then the PO does not show the important product order #. The PO does show the size in the description filed but again, no order #. Is there another way to accompl...

how to import item list into rms pos?
Hi, i have large list of items, how could i import them into RMS? any tools? -Cheng ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=49285b9f-5601-48f0-a664-6928de770384&...

RMS HQ Manager needs option to turn off backup question on exit
Everytime I exit RMS HQ Manager it asks if you want to backup your database. There should be an option to turn this off. We back up our HQ database nightly and with multiple users going in and out of HQ Manager every day this question gets annoying after awhile. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

Typographical error in RMS 2.0 Manual Index
In the index look-up section for "Denominations" the page is listed as page 226. It should read 224. Please correct in future publications of the manual. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

More discount levels in RMS
I want to set up some customers at cost plus 15%, 10% etc. I cannot do that with the current Customer discounts. I tried using Price B as a cost plus - but that means every new item needs to have the price level B created when it is entered into the system. Need to add this feature or is there a way already to do this within version 2.0? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

RMS and Windows Active Directory
I have a customer who wants to integrate their RMS logins with their Windows domain logins. I know how easy it is to get to the RMS logins, but does anyone have a way to bring in the Windows logins? I'm working with RMS Store Ops and HQ 2.0. Jeff, This is something we have looked into doing in the past for other clients and it will involve pretty heavy customization as RMS just is not currently built to handle integrated RMS security. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us www.rite.us "Jeff with FirstTEC...

RMS 2.0 Store Op with embedded cc software support modem failover
We would like to see RMS 2.0 Store Ops with embedded credit card software support a modem fallover capability. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f4e8e1d1-ea5a...

Import excel into RMS
I need to import excel file into RMS is the only way thru EMS, or is there another option? You can download the "Quicksell Import Tool" from the downloads section of http://www.jeanholland.com - you have to create an account, but it's free. The quicksell import tool is an UNSUPPORTED tool that MS released several years ago. You can use it to import Items, suppliers and customers. I tried it once and found that it was easier for me to just load the files directly into SQL Server and move the data around from there - but I'm a SQL geek... A lot of people seem to like...

Automate backups for RMS? If so how?
Is there a way to automate backups for RMS? If so how? we use windows task scheduler to regularly run a batch file that contains an OSQL command that backs up the database. there is a post about this on the board, do a search for 'automating backup in RMS' and you will find it hth kevin ...

RMS eCommerce Online Shopping Cart
Hi, does anyone know what's the cheaptest way to go with a shopping cart that also has a quality inventory and products integration with RMS? I would like to see if even having an online store will even be profitable as compared to our brick and mortar operations. Basically I want to hold off on the RMS integration option until my cart is up and running and hopefully making me some money too. What carts to you recommend that I can purchase first and do you have pricing seperatily for the RMS integration piece? I've just started my research and there are a couple out there that I...

Creating Barcode Labels in RMS
i have a customer who is creating their own 'in house' Barcodes and then using RMS to print the corresponding label and then scanning item thereafter to sell it. However, it appears that the labels being printed do not Scan as the same number originally created, e.g., Customer created new Item and Manually typed in the number she wanted which was an 8 digit Barcode 20068056 and then added the text and price etc., also setting product as an EAN 8 and then printing off the labels. The label actually scans thereafter as 20068059 not 20068056 as it should be. Can anyone help with t...

Returns
Need to be able to have a lets say 20% restocking charge applied to all returns but would like it to auto show up on a return so the cashier does not have a choice is there any way to do this? JB Ah no. At this point there is no way except for manual entry "ParkRanger" <bfgpaintball.com> wrote in message news:unw7r2NaEHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Need to be able to have a lets say 20% restocking charge applied to all > returns > but would like it to auto show up on a return so the cashier does not have a > choice > > is there any way to do this? >...