IBM SurePOS 300 with MS RMS

Trying to get some comments from anyone who has used this HW with MS RMS.
Thank you.

0
Adrian1 (78)
3/17/2006 11:00:18 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Working with a copy of RMS
I have 2 single copies of RMS 1.2. The first copy is running in our store and until now I had not used my second copy. I had use the Manager and Admin to logon to our store. Today I thought it would be much faster to have a copy of our store db running on my local PC. I just wanted to use this for testing and maybe even use it for my Quickbooks interface. I setup myself as and additional cashier in the store db before I restored the db on my local PC. Well, everything is nice and fast when I logon now but I have lost my "connection" to the POS. I had thought that I would use...

how to combine multiple files in ms excel
how to combine 2 files become another single file. example:file 1: ........A........B....... name address combine with file 2: ............A...........B...............C name address phone so, will become: file 3: ...........A............B.............C name address phone Hi (similar to a question yesterday) if file 1 contains ALL of the names as file 2 (and some extra) and file 2 has no additional names then, in file 1 in column C use the formula of =VLOOKUP(B2,sheet2!$B$2:$C$1000,2,0) this says, match up the...

Connecting to CRM through MS Access 2003
Hello: In the past I've been able to connect to and update CRM data through MS Access 2003. We recently had to move CRM to another server. This seemed to have been done successfully, but when I tried to use MS Access for a quick report, I was not able to reconnect to the same tables. All I have now are the dbo.Filtered tables which apparently will not allow updates. Does anyone have any suggestion on what to change so that I can alter data through MS Access again? I do not recommend doing something like this. Directly updating the tables risks corrupting the security model of the...

RMS 2.0 #2
Hi Folks Does anybody know what will be new with version 2.0? Allot of press about Vista but nothing about RMS 2.0! Curious customer!!!!! Danny This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_06DA_01C71CC9.77D76EC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Danny, They just released updated brochures to resellers last week and I expect = them to be public near the end of December for either a mid January = release or heard Friday, maybe February (because of Vista on Jan 30) --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Sof...

Agent Communications Dashboard for MS CRM 4.0
This (Agent Communications Dashboard) is touted as one of the new features of Office Communications Server 2007 R2, which was launched this month (http://www.microsoft.com/communicationsserver/en/us/whats- new.aspx). I can't find it anywhere, nor can I find anything beyond summary info on the web. Does anyone have any more information on this? ...

RMS 1.2 database size
I just checked the database size in my POS (we use MSDE) and found that the size is 41 MB, available 1.74 MB and usage is 96%. I check the help file and MS customer source if this is a problem but did not find any hits. Is this something that I need to monitor and increase when the usage is this high? Also is there an option to tell SQL how much memory it could/should use (like in SQL server)? I have enough free disk space and a total of 2GB of memory on my 2.66GHz system. It just appears that my POS application should be a bit faster on this hardware. Gerd wrote: > I just chec...

PO Export with RMS 2.0
Hello, We recently upgraded from 1.3 to 2.0. I having some challenges with the way 2.0 exports purchase orders. With 1.3, I could sort the contents of my purchase order by item lookup code, price, description, etc. When I exported it to Email/HTML, the export would occur in the sorted manner I had chosen. Now, with RMS 2.0, whenver I export to Email/HTML the ONLY way it will sort is by item lookup code. This creates some real challenges for me, as my items are now mixed up in an illogical way for my supplier to understand. Thanks, Al Al, When you export to HTML, have you notice...

RMS 2.0 requires .Net 2.0 Framework
This is not mentioned in the readme.txt or Getting Started Guide, but first step in 2.0 install checks for .NET 2.0 and installs it. -- John M. could be due to the SQL2005 express "John M." <anonymous@discussions.microsft.com> wrote in message news:OSO5YSfVHHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > This is not mentioned in the readme.txt or Getting Started Guide, but > first step in 2.0 install checks for .NET 2.0 and installs it. > > -- > > John M. > Could be - but it should have been documented somewhere. -- John M. "root" <anonymou...

Can't edit SQL question in MS Excel/Query
Hello, I'm running Win2k SP3, Excel 2000 SP-1 and have created SQL questions that fetch data from an Oracle 8i DB via ODBC. Sometimes (or actually quite often) I can't edit the SQL questions in MS Query. The MS Query icon just flashes in the taskbar and disappears. Any wiz got any idea what can be done about it? Regards Hans Hans I'm not sure about the MS Query icon you are talking about in the taskbar but the way I can get to MS Query using Excel 2000 and connectiong to Oracle database is choosing 'Data' followed by 'Get External Data', and then choosing '...

How to turn every produt in RMS OFF of sale
What is the query i would run in the administrator to turn all items OFF sale (unclick the ON SALE box) Thanks!! Hi Jessica It appears the field that tracks the "item is on sale" flag is saletype, where if its zero it means the item is not "on sale", if its 1 then the item is on sale, and if 2 its on sale based on a schedule. I ran this query to confirm this select itemlookupcode, description, saletype from item Items not on sale all had their saletype set to zero. Once you're comfortable with your analysis, backup the database and run update item set saletyp...

Create a .pdf file from MS Publisher
Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 (10-2621-4291) SP-2 I made several parts of a Stationery Suite for a friend running a new/small business, but he doesn't have MS Publisher 2002 installed on his computer. "No problem" I thought, as I have Adobe 6 on my machine, so I could just convert the files into ..PDF files, but apparently I cannot. Will someone be kind enough to advise please? In advance, thank you. John ================================== I think it goes something like this with Adobe; Open your Publisher file, Select File, Print, In the printer name box, use the down ar...

RMS NEt- download problem
RMS was loaded by my predesseor over a year ago. We have been using RMSnet to download orders from our Yahoo internet site. We now want to have another PC to download and process orders, it was already in use as a POS. On this machine, when we select "download" in the C-Shift F12 RMSnet dialog box" we get the message "Unable to connect because no servers have been defined" I cant find any place where I can define a server, and no instructions on how to do it., can anyone assist? "V" <V@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:2F...

RMS 1.3 Off Line
When the database goes off-line, what is the procedure for entering opening/closing amounts after the database comes back on-line? Currently, the opening amounts are not included in the closing Z report. There isn't a blind closed batch visible in the journal viewer. Can Anyone help with this? There is NO information in help, PDF Manual or anywhere Else I can Find. Since this happens 100% of the time, Since the first day of installation there MUST be a reason RMS is doing this?????? "cigarguy" wrote: > When the database goes off-line, what is the procedure for enterin...

MS QUERY COL HEADINGS
I have a query from Excel into a SQL2000 Database. I have some calculated fields like datepart and also some combined fields. The resultant query is retrieved without headings on calculated Columns. Also using a field with AS statement does not work and after saving the query and accessing again, the AS portion is gone. Example: I enter: ihead.invoice_no AS 'Invoice', save query, query returns column with heading of invoice_no. Look at SQL again and it shows ihead.invoice_no , Just putting a space where the AS 'Invoice' was. Probably a flag or setting, can't fin...

Paragraph spacing doesn't work with bulleted/numbered lists in MS.
After I create am automatically formatted bulleted/numbered list in MS Word 2007 and apply paragraph spacing of 6 points, the list is not spaced as directed, that is, nothing happens. The paragraph spacing does work, however, when I make a manually formated bulleted or numbered list. For the List Paragraph style (which by default is applied to bulleted or numbered paragraphs), clear the "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" option, found in the Paragraph dialog box (Modify Style dialog box | Format | Paragraph). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word ...

MS . We must have a white list for IMF??
I just wanted to make sure there is no way ( via the registry, for example ) to whitelist certain smtp traffic in the Exchange 2003 sp2 IMF. It is intermittently snatching faxes from faxserver and error alerts from Besserver. What is otherwise a useful tool becomes alittle dangerous when it cannot be properly adjusted or fine tuned. Microsoft .. hope you are listening! Good Day. jason Whitelisting smtp addresses/domains, though a desirable feature for many, has one drawback. SMTP headers can easily be forged. Whitelisting trusted IP addresses where these messages originate from is...

MULTIPLE MS-POS STATIONS
Has anyone set-up multiple POS stations? We are having troubles conecting to the Database from the 2ns and 3rd stations. Get error saying user name and password is incorrect OR we get NULL error, not authorized for SQL server, depending upon what we enter. ...

Adding weight to RMS
My customer a small supermarket chain owner, want to connect an electronic weight measurement equipment to RMS. Its that posible? "JR" <JR@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:EB793F13-7D0E-4E5F-A348-8536528183EA@microsoft.com... > My customer a small supermarket chain owner, want to connect an electronic > weight measurement equipment to RMS. Its that posible? Why no a scale and ean weight code? ...

MS Outlook & Outlook Express Synchronization
Could some one please help me in the following inquiry: How can I synchronize my contacts between Outlook Express and MS Outlook? Thanx. Ahmed There really isnt a way to synchronize the contacts in Outlook with the contacts in Outlook Express. The only way to do something similar would be to import from Outlook Express to Outlook and import from Outlook to Outlook Express but this would have to be done any time there was a change and you may have some issues with duplicates being created. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Se...

Inconsistent formula or MS trying to be too clever?
I have a cell with a little triangle in the top left corner. When selected an ! warning appears saying.. "The formulae in this cell differs from the formulas in this area of the spreadsheet" Which is correct, they are. However clicking on the ! produces some options the first of which is highlighted and says "Inconsistent formula" The formulae in that cell is... =IF(D31+G32-B42<0,0,D31+G32-B42) I can't see anything inconsistent with it. Is there? "CWatters" <colin.watters@NOturnersoakSPAM.plus.com> wrote: > I have a cell with a little t...

MS Office Automation!
Hi All! I want to automate MS Office using MFC, so that i can open the word, powerpoint, or excel files in my application child window, and enable/disable command bars as required (client security level, whether he can edit file or not, save the file etc.). Any help regarding this will be higly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Bilal Anjum Hello! On Fri, 28 May 2004 11:54:26 +0500, Bilal Anjum wrote: > I want to automate MS Office using MFC, so that i can open the word, > powerpoint, or excel files in my application child window, and > enable/disable command bars as require...

Running MS Query on an Excel Spreadsheet
Is it possible to run 2007 excel MS Query on an Excel spreadsheet with the same results as if you'd run it on an ODBC table like SQL? I have an export from a data table into an Excel spreadsheet and searching keywords is pretty cumbersome so I was hoping that MS Query might yield a better result. TIA hi the guts of Microsoft Query (MSQ) is ODBC and the language behind it is SQL. it is just conveniently packaged as a MS Wizard ie point and click. can you say the words "recorded macro"? tell us more about this "searching keywords is pretty cumbersome" so that we mi...

Buying MS Money 2005 from outside the US
Microsoft's software retail policies continue to amuse me... I've been living in London for the last 3 years, and obviously my credit card billing address is in London now and no longer in the US. I'd like to upgrade my Money 2003 to the 2005 version, but need to have a US billing address, even on a US credit/ debit card! Tried purchasing in England (where it's more expensive anyway cause of the exchange rate) and got the reply that I'd have to have a UK credit card... Anyone share the same frustration and has found an alternative, other than asking friends/ relatives&#...

MS Access question
I'm trying to find the answer to a very basic question: Can a MS Access application be run on a Mac? I haven't found anything so far to indicate that it can. Any info/advice would be appreciated. Thanks. :) In article <1173459278.378328.124940@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com>, "Whitt" <wpond@bu.edu> wrote: > I'm trying to find the answer to a very basic question: Can a MS > Access application be run on a Mac? I haven't found anything so far > to indicate that it can. Any info/advice would be appreciated. > Thanks. :) Access is not part ...

how can i get rms transaction number in PCCharge batch?