I need help with GL Accounts and Quickbooks & posting batches..

We went live with RMS in our first store on Monday.  So far it is working
well, but i am having a terrible time getting my accounting info to post to
Quickbooks.  I have spent two days trying to get my G.L. accounts set up
correctly.   In the meantime, my accounting work is piling up , as i have
brought the old system to a screeching halt.

I know that my lack of accounting knowledge is holding me up and i do not
have a current accountant to help me with this...Is there anyone who would be
willing to walk me through this ? I would be happy to pay for the time ...

Please i need help, badly!
(by the way the error i keep getting is that my transactions are not
balancing.)

thanks
jessica

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please give us a call at 732-791-2894.
We can help you set-up the GL Integration with RMS.

Best regards,

Mihir Shah
Diviasoft, Inc
732-791-2894
732-875-0582 (fax)
www.diviasoft.com
mihirs@diviasoft.com

"Jessica at GreenCoast" <JessicaatGreenCoast@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:57D988CD-A8C3-458E-8B1E-C2900E9077B0@microsoft.com...
> We went live with RMS in our first store on Monday.  So far it is working
> well, but i am having a terrible time getting my accounting info to post
> Quickbooks.  I have spent two days trying to get my G.L. accounts set up
> correctly.   In the meantime, my accounting work is piling up , as i have
> brought the old system to a screeching halt.
>
> I know that my lack of accounting knowledge is holding me up and i do not
> have a current accountant to help me with this...Is there anyone who would
> be
> willing to walk me through this ? I would be happy to pay for the time ...
>
> Please i need help, badly!
> (by the way the error i keep getting is that my transactions are not
> balancing.)
>
> thanks
> jessica

0
mihirs (128)
8/10/2005 4:45:04 PM
You might try a QB certified accountant. You can find a list at the QB website.

"Mihir Shah" wrote:

> Please give us a call at 732-791-2894.
> We can help you set-up the GL Integration with RMS.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mihir Shah
> Diviasoft, Inc
> 732-791-2894
> 732-875-0582 (fax)
> www.diviasoft.com
> mihirs@diviasoft.com
>
> "Jessica at GreenCoast" <JessicaatGreenCoast@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:57D988CD-A8C3-458E-8B1E-C2900E9077B0@microsoft.com...
> > We went live with RMS in our first store on Monday.  So far it is working
> > well, but i am having a terrible time getting my accounting info to post
> > Quickbooks.  I have spent two days trying to get my G.L. accounts set up
> > correctly.   In the meantime, my accounting work is piling up , as i have
> > brought the old system to a screeching halt.
> >
> > I know that my lack of accounting knowledge is holding me up and i do not
> > have a current accountant to help me with this...Is there anyone who would
> > be
> > willing to walk me through this ? I would be happy to pay for the time ...
> >
> > Please i need help, badly!
> > (by the way the error i keep getting is that my transactions are not
> > balancing.)
> >
> > thanks
> > jessica

0
Ryan (208)

Help: I typed a message in Windows mail, saved it and can't find it!!!
Does anyone know how to find a message that was saved. After typing an important business email, I chose save & exit and then tried to retrieve the message. I can't find it. Any suggestions? ...

i need some help!
My ISP is Tiscali and my email address is jackiewray@tiscali.co.uk On my computer i notice that i can use microsoft outlook, also with the same email address. I think i would prefer to use the microsoft one, but i dont know whether i can because of Tiscali. Could u help me please? Sorry, but i have no idea what to do, or even if i've explained my problem in a way that u can understand it! http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email/ has alot of information.... "jackie wray" <jackie wray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85BD4009-98AF-45A6-B367-A34710BC3D48@mi...

Help on SDI matters
Hello, I've noticed that running a SDI application generated by the wizard, a new document is always created and the view is showed but I wish to change this behavior... I wish to use a wizard to generate some default values for the document so I wish to show only the main frame when the application start, then, when the user choice "New" through the "File" menu, a wizard should appear allowing the user to set some parameters then the document creation should start... How I can accomplish it? Thank you, Gaetano Sferra You cannot stop the Doc/View from opening a new...

VBA code needed please
Afternoon All Hope all are well I have a worksheet that I want two views for, one a coordinator and two an analysts view. I've setup radio buttons to toggle this but when the radio buttons input cell is 2 in !A3!Sheet2 then on sheet named "Corra Logsheet" rows A2 and A5 are hidden and the filter on E6 is set to filter "Yes". Obviously if the radio buttons linked cell as above reads 1 then it must revert back Is this possible please? And if so does anyone have any ideas Many Thank John There's a feature built into excel called customviews. View|custom views (f...

Checks posted in incorrect Checkbook
The incorrect checkbook id was used to post many checks. The user manually changed the GL account number, so the GL accounts are correct, but the checkbook has many checks that shouldn't be there. On the ohter hand the other checkbok is missing those checks. Is there any easy way to repair this problem? -- Patti I would do increase adjustment on the incorrect checkbook and decrease adjustment on the correct checkbook, both passing thorugh same GL control account. "Patti Foo" wrote: > The incorrect checkbook id was used to post many checks. The user manually ...

Publisher 98
Hi, I've installed Publisher 98 (sorry i know its old) on one of my users machine. "When i tried to used the templates - it prompt me the error message: The Wizard cannot find clip art needed for this design. Your publication may not look as it was intended to look." I press OK and another error message appear Publisher cannot load the Hyphenation dictionary. "There may not be enough Memory, or the dictionary may not be installed." I've reinstalled Publisher and i have the same result. Any help would be greatly Appreciated. Thanks in Advance! Ymed Seyer...

problem please help
I have been using publisher for years without any problems until now. I am making a tall poster 160 cm by 45 cm am having difficulty using the sliding bar on the right side, my page keeps jumping am also having a problem with the page freezing so I have to close down and restart computer. All my other saved progammes I still do not have this problem.. Any Ideas Is your video/graphics driver current? Read the fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

HELP!!! How to Nest AND OR functions
I am attempting to nest the and or functions. I would like the argument to state: IF C47 and D47 are negative... take the absolute value of g47/d47 IF C47 or D47 are negative.... take g47/c47+1 IF C47 and D47 are not negative... take g47/d47 Here is what i have written.... can someone please help?????? IT IS GIVING ME ERRORS =IF(AND(C47,0,d47<0),abs(g47/d47),OR(C47<0,D47<0),(G47/C47+1),(G47/D47)) Hi, =if(and(C47<0,D47<0),ABS(G47/D47),if(or(C47<0,D47<0),G47/D47+1,if(and(C47>0,D47>0),G47/D47,"nothing"))) =IF(AND(C47<0,D47<0),ABS(G47/D47),IF(O...

Query Formula error. Help!
I entered this into a query. It says it is to complex or typed incorrect. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thank you in advance. Paperwork Expires: IIf([ClassroomID]="Kool Kidz" And (Format([Date],"mmdd")>901),DateSerial(Year([Date])- (CLng(Format([Date],"mmdd"))>901),9,1),DateAdd("yyyy",1,[Date])) Do you have a field named Date? Poor if you do, can cause problems as it is a reserved word. Is it a DateTime datatype? Format([Date],"mmdd") for a DateTime field will result in 1001 for today (10/01/2007). You have a single I...

Error with add or delete dimension in budget-Analytical accounting
Hi, I want to delete or add new dimension in my budget but i get the message that can't be deleted because it is linked to the GRANT. Is there any way to then mass re-apply the budget to be validated against in Grant Management once i have updated it ? note:I work with Grant manager -- Eric ...

Need a good service to defeat spreadsheet password
? TIA ...

Help with formula 01-04-10
I have data and a formula like below. I'm trying to adjust the formula to count the # of rows that have a value in Column A that is = to cell A2 on my OST_Raw_Data sheet and where the value in Column C on my OST_Raw_Data sheet = "Tier 1". The formula is not on the OST_Raw_Data sheet and "A2" is on the same sheet as the formula. I believe the part of the formula that references A2 is correct, but I'm having problems with the rest. I'm using Excel 2003 and I need to keep the Subtotal to allow for consideration of filtered rows. Can someone help? ...

need to convert excel 97 doc to windows xp 2002 home edition
I am confused on how to convert and existing document that was created in excel (the 1997 version) into excel (the windows xp 2002 home edition). I downloaded an online converter and it said it should recognize the document now, but it's still just a bunch of numbers and symbols. Please help~ You should be able to open the .xls file produced by XL97 directly into XL2002. From there, save the file and it will then be in the later format. You shouldn't need a converter. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 19, 1:26=A0am, gigglesonice <giggleson...@discussions.microsoft.c...

Manual check is being posted error
We are trying to run payroll, but everytime we try to calculate checks an error comes up saying "Can not calculate checks. Manual checks are being posted." We've checked with all our users and no one is posting a manual check right now and there are no outstanding manaul check batches. Does anyone know how we can fix this? Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_01E0DB0F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! Thank you for contacting Newsgroups! I understand that when attempting to Calculate Checks you are receiving an error message indicating that "...

New mp3 project need beta testers
You are cordially invited to participate in a revolutionary new mp website launch event. Forget iTunes...Forget eMusic...Forget Napster...http://mp3around.co is here! Please be our beta testers, after registration you'll be permitted t download 5 songs for free If you find any mistakes on our site and let our support know you'l get bonus card for 100 songs Visit: http://mp3around.co -- mp3aroun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mp3around's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3710 View this thread: http://ww...

Help with TEXT function
I have the following formula which I want to format to 0.0% and am having difficulties doing same. Without the formatting it is the following and works ="Sales are "&(IF(ISERROR(SUMPRODUCT(--(SalesDateLY=(D62-Home!AC$3)),(NetSalesHOBOLY+VATHOBOLY))),0,(D68/((SUMPRODUCT(--(SalesDateLY=(D62-Home!AC$3)),(NetSalesHOBOLY+VATHOBOLY)))/100)))-1) With the formatting included I thought is was the following, but I am getting an error ="Sales are "&(IF(ISERROR(SUMPRODUCT(--(SalesDateLY=(D62-Home!AC$3)),(NetSalesHOBOLY+VATHOBOLY))),0,TEXT((D68/((SUMPRODUCT(--(SalesDateL...

Column and line chart help
I need to create a combination column/line chart for 2 series. Each series has 3 separate entries. Example, Series 1=salesman A sold 200 cases of item x last year, then sold 250 cases of item x during our promo period, and finally sold 275 cases of item x after the promo ended. Also, Series 2=salesman A sold a TOTAL of 5000/6000/8000 cases of all items we stock last year/promo/after. I have no problem getting it to work with 1 set of data as listed above with the item x data in colums and all cases data as a line above each column. But can't get it to work with 7 salesmen. T...

need a Calender that links outlook excel powerpoint and anything
I need a calender that has to do a lot. Ok it need to be able to send out message to people outlook and also send update to other telling them that a task has been completed on set date on the calender. Also it need to be able to have link to excel document and powerpoint and word documents as well. Also the Calender need to be ale to think say a task is due on a date that would fall on a saturday then the calend would push back the due date to the firday before that saturday. also the calender need to be able to be updated with more task and also be able to take thing out or...

Column help please
I have addresses in one column in an excel worksheet. When I highlite the address, it shows up correctly in the fx box (showing name on one line, address on the next, city, state and zip on last “line". this was set up using concatenate function). However, when I pick the address in the drop down box I made, the address shows up as one long line, not as the multiple lines I need. How can I have this show up as I need? Ignore this post, figured it out "galgolfer63" wrote: > I have addresses in one column in an excel worksheet. When I highlite the > address, it s...

PLEASE HELP!! Project Tasks are Causing My Tasks to appear Blank
Happy New Year, everyone. Perhaps you all can assist me with an issue that no one seems to know to fix. Recently, we have seen that some submitted tasks are causing the status managers issues when trying to approve the tasks in My Tasks. What I mean is this: - Resource adds time to a task in My Tasks - Resource submits the time to the Status Manager - Status Manager goes into PWA and navigates to Task Approvals - The Status Manager’s Task Approvals screen freezes and after a short while, they are brought to a blank My Tasks page which sho...

Mail Merge HELP
Hello all, I am trying to create a mail merge. The data is in a csv file and the Word Document is a Template. Here is part of my code 'CREATE WORD DOCUMENTS myTemplatePath = "R:\Application Documents" myTemplateName = myTemplatePath & "\504 CDC Checklist for Submitting loan.dot" '504 CDC Checklist for Submitting loan myDocName = myDocumentPath & "\" & myFolderName & "\504 CDC Checklist for Submitting loan.doc" myDataSource = myDocumentPath & "\" & myFolderName & "\tmp_CheckLists...

Children's Unused Financial Account
I recently upgraded to Money 2005. Two "new" accounts have shown up in my list after my recent online downloads. Both accounts are from an institution where I have several linked accounts. These two accounts, however, are for my children and I do NOT want to have them in my personal Money account. I do want them in my children's Money files. I can't delete them because it will apparently delete all the accounts for this online institution (and the others I still want). If I list them as closed, will that still affect the transactions in my file? Will I be able to auto...

Recordset.Clone Help Needed
I have an Unbound Main Form with 8 unbound fields. I enter broad search data and the records are displayed in my Subform. From here, I further filter the subform (contains, does ot contain, equals, etc.)to get a smaller recordset. Once narrowed (final recordset), I would like to have a Command Button on the Main form when pushed that will change the recordsource of the subform to the TOP 50 records from the FINAL previous recordset. Any ideas on how to accomplish? I'm not sure that it's directly possible. A RecordsetClone is an Access DAO object. The TOP predicate i...

Import/Export HELL
Hi, I need to import a custom attribute for all users - about 600 of them, and the attribute is specific to the user account. I can't write scripts at ALL - although I can't even find one that I could modify even if I could make out what to do. I have tried looking at csvde and all but nothing is out there about exporting all the users with what the custom attribute is and then importing it to what it needs to be? Or just doing an import based on the user name and the custom attribute I have and let it overwrite whatever it is. It is custom attribute 4 - 2003 sp1 dc's, 2003...

Need help with a recursive query
I have the following query that takes a base member of it & traces its parentage that excludes the top level of the table (PLOB). select z.id, parent = (select top 1 y.id from mbrProduct y where y.id = z.parenth1), grandparent = (select top 1 a.id from mbrProduct a where a.id = (select top 1 y.parenth1 from mbrProduct y where y.id = z.parenth1)), grgrandparent = (select top 1 b.id from mbrProduct b where b.id = (select top 1 a.parenth1 from mbrProduct a where a.id = (select top 1 y.parenth1 from mbrProduct y where y.id = z.parenth1))and b.parenth1 not in ('PLOB')) ...