HQ client configuration

I connect HQ and stores via VPN which connects fine. But when the HQ client
from Store 1 tries to connect to HQ Server, it does not connect. In the HQ
Cient config, the server name is "MYLAPTOP". If I change that to the current
IP address, it actually connects.
The problem is that I take my laptop everywhere so IP address changes. If I
keep the Cient configuration to "MYLAPTOP", how would they know what IP
address to connect? Is it by DNS, NAT, or something in the router or is it
something on the store PC?

(My Store #2 actually connects to the Server with "MYLAPTOP" as server name.
It has the exact same Windows Firewall settings, same router settings (except
DNS), same VPN settings. The only difference I see is the DSL provider.)
0
sammm (54)
7/26/2009 8:23:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Update Outlook 2003 client address book
All outlook clients are configure as cache mode. In exchange 2003, how to update the exchange address book to all outlook clients? Outlook 2003 cached mode uses the default offline address book. Exchange updates the offline address book once per day by default. Outlook 2003 will check for updated versions of the address book by default on some pre-configured basis automatically. As such, it is normal for the cached mode client to not receive the most updated list for a day or so, but it will update eventually. If you want to update it immediately, you need to go into Exchange, and...

Configuring Entourage to access the new MS forums
How can I do this? Or do I have to use a lame web browser to access groups? -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translation to be used? If you want to learn, get answers, and be able to defend the faith, CERM is your place. http://www.cerm.info/ Hi John: You can't. You can run Outlook Express and the NNTP Bridge in Windows, if you have Parallels or VMWare on your Mac. But don't be in too much of a hurry to experiment with that, because I don't think the Mac groups have migrated onto the new...

CRM Outlook Client installed on Citrix Question w/Flex Profiles
We have begun deploying CRM Dynamics 3.0 in our environment. All of our clients launch Outlook through Citrix MetaFrame XPe FR3 servers. The CRM Outlook client installs correctly the first time and everything works correctly. However, the next time Outlook is launched the CRM toolbar icons and the CRM menu items do not respond. We are using flex profiles with ops files capturing the HKCU settings for CRM. Here is a copy of our ini file: # REMOVE unused sections! [Header] Version = 11.0 Product = Microsoft Office 11.0 # ***************************** Registry Sections *********...

Do you provide reports to your clients?
Just curious what some of you do for your clients in regards to reporting. I have been managing 5 different accounts for 2-5 years and because these are small accounts (less than 15 people) I have never been asked to provide server reports. Obviously I would like to, but I feel the generic reports that come out of SBS would scare most of my clients. They would be calling 20 times a day if they see an incorrect password entry or something silly. Time is very limited so if anyone could point me in the direction of a good reporting software or an inexpensive 3rd party that would b...

installing GP9 client on and getting a different version error msg
I installed GP9 on the srvr. and then client on the wktns. and had no problems. The svr. is 2003 and the wkstns. are XP/SP2. I now have new HP laptops with XP/sp2 on them. When I installed the client on them I got this message: "A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version. Use the GP_Login errorslog in your temp directory to assist in resolving the issue". This error comes up when I try to to log into the company. During the install I had no error messages everything looked normal-gp utilities ran and synchronized normally. I che...

Free tool for automatic email account configuration
Hey Just wanted to share news about a new free tool for automatic email configuration in Outlook, Outlook Express and other mail clients. http://outlook-center.com/How-to-configure-and-email-account-in-Microsoft-Outlook-Outlook-Express-Windows-Live-and-Windows-Mai/63/ -- ______________________________________ Posted from http://outlook-center.com Outlook forums, articles, tips. ...

Configuring my E-mail to work with Outlook 2007
I just bought a new "Intel Core i5 2.66GHz Quad-Core CPU" on which I am running for the first time "Windows 7 Home Premium" with "Outlook 2007." Until I bought my new PC, I was running "Windows XP Home Edition" with "Microsoft Office XP" in which I received E-mail from two of my accounts; my ISP E-mail address and also one account that is activated through the domain at my webpage. Now, configuring my ISP E-mail to work with the new Outlook was successful (I can once again do both send E-mails and receive messages using that account) but the...

Configuration for 2 similar users on one Exchange server hosting 2 domains
I have a new requirement that has never come up before. Currrently I have one exchange 2003 server that hosts two domains. I need to create basically the same email address except the domain would be different. It would be something like john.smith@abc.com and john.smith@xyz.com. How do I do this? My usual process is to create the user in the AD tree to which they will be working within but we are now sharing staff across the organization and we need to have a method of creating similar email accounts within the other domains. The intention is that when an email is sent and the employee paid ...

Exchange 5.5 sp4
Ok, I know what creates the logon activity that is displayed via Exchange admin, Private Information Store, Logons.... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156765 <--- Thanks Andy BUT are not the connections to be freed up once a user/outlook client disconnects ?? 1) I have a mailbox with about 50+ instances of logon activity. The user does not open other mailboxes/calendars or is a delegate for others. 2) It seems to me that the logon connection is being made, and does not disconnect, therefore, creating more logon connections of the same mailbox. Is their a way to disconnect these log...

Configuring Trend IMSS7.1 with Exchange 2007
Hi All, Its new setup Firewall: Fortigate 80C Server : Exchange 2007 (Mail Box , Hub transport & OWA) Server : Redhat Linux With Trend Micro Inter Scan Messaging Security Suite(7.1). i want to configure. Incoming Mails Flow chart : Firewall --> Trend Micro IMSS --> Exchange --> Users OWA has been Published with ISA2006. Intranet mails Working . Kindly help me to configure External mails sending and Receiving Kindly Help me how to configure the connective in between all the three. ...

Uninstall errors with Outlook client
I have just installed MS CRM 1.2 on out network everythign appears ok. I have a new machine for our telesales person who was starting. Before I knew his name I thought that I would get his PC ready for him. I installed the 1.2 outlook client when I was logged on as the Domain Administrator and the client looked fine. However I need to add teh client to the users profile now that they have started work. When I logon as the user I can not install the client for them. I get an error saying that I should unistall it from the other user first. I wouold do this but when I logon as the admini...

Connecting to HQ Manager via IP address
Is it possible to connect to HQ from outside the HQ network? I would like to be able to specify the IP and port like you do in HQ Client to enable me to run HQ Manager from a store location or home office to connect to the HQ database. Any suggestions? -- Dan Rishworth hi Dan, yes it is possible the thing you need is static IP , you can use the ADSL /DSL connection for it and request your ISP to give you dedicated IP that IP you can put to your HQ server (make sure give some security to HQ machine) and then from anywhere in this world you can access your HQ by giving the public IP ...

HQ just dissapears...
My provider has not been able to help me with this one Every now and then (about 3-4 times now) the entire HQ program completely dissapears from my computer on its own. It's the weirdest thing. The database is still there (thank god) but the program is just ...gone. anybody ever experience this or know what is going on? i'm on XP with two other computers on my network. My computer houses the database. this time the HQ program disappeared off one of the other computers as well, but #3 can still access the database. virus? Spyware? anyone? I'd set up a camera and see if ...

Diff. b/w outlook client and outlook light client
Hi, MS CRM DOM provides following 2 properties, crmForm.IsForOutlookClient crmForm.IsForOutlookLightClient to check whether user is accessing CRM from outlook OR outlook light client. Do anyone know, what is the difference between the two? regards... Hi, Following are the global methods and not properties of crmForm which may help you. IsOnline: Returns true if the form is shown online. IsOutlookClient: Returns true if the form is shown on either of the Outlook clients. IsOutlookLaptopClient: Returns true if the form is shown on the Outlook laptop client. IsOutlookWorkstationCl...

Configuring SYnc between CRM and Outlook contacts
Outlook and CRM is syncing great with our contacts. However, since we do not use accounts, we have to use one of the other fields on a contact and designate as the Company Name. Is there a way to modify the link between CRM and Outlook's contacts so that this new field or different field in CRM will update and sync with the company name in Oultook? look here are some options to set. http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde/archive/2006/12/28/sync-microsoft-crm-3-0-with-outlook-2007.aspx -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN ...

Business Alert configuration question
In my test server, i have configured Database Mail with SQL server and used the same with GP Business Alerts. I have configured Outlook in the server. The email a/c which i used for Database Mail doesnt use exchange server. so every thing is working fine now. Am getting mail for the Biz Alerts for the configured email. My question in production server can i use the same settings only with the email a/c configured which will be configured with exchange server. will database mail supports mail A/c with exchange server for Business alert. Hope am clear with my question. Thanks, Arun. We...

sharepoint configuration recommendations with CRM 4.0
Hello, I've had difficulty finding any documentation on the configuration of sharepoint with respect to CRM 4.0. Everything has been good inre to the CRM, and we are now looking at potentially using Sharepoint (either WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007) for document management, etc. The "new features" lists of CRM 4.0 touted Sharepoiint integration, complete with dashboards in the CRM, etc, but gives no mention on how to do this. And is there anything that one must do special for this installation? (e.g. binding sharepoint sites to an different IP address on the CRM server, etc.)....

Meeting Requests between Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2000 clients
We are running Exchange 2000 and have started deploying Outlook 2003 to some of our users. When one of those users sends out a new meeting request the attendees he sends it to that are also on Outlook 2003 get it just find and can accept or decline normally. The attendees he sends it to that are on Outlook 2000 get it as a regular email (not a meeting request) and the body of email looks like the html source code of a website. What could be causing this? Try resending the meeting requests without reminders set on them, and see if that makes a difference. There was a known issue with sen...

Settings area disappeared from Client
Hi, I have been working in Settings area, adding new fields to forms etc and all was well. I then decided to install the Outlook Client which seems to have gone well except for when I go back to Internet Explorer and go to http://crmserver my whole Settings area isn't there anymore , just Workplace, Sales, Marketing and Service. (I went to server to check my role was still Systems Administrator and it is) Any ideas on how to get Settings to show up again would be appreciated. Sorry,step 13 Restart computer, fixed it. "sherry" wrote: > Hi, I have been working in Set...

Configure contact
I have a ton of names under contacts, but when I open a new e-mail and click on the "to" a select names box opens up and I can't seem to find my contact list. I am using outlook for small busniess and am used to the basic outlook. There's no such thing as "Outlook for small business." Check Help | ABout and tell us what version of Outlook you're using. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Brownie" ...

How do I configure multiple lines per opportunity
We are using MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 We need to implement a solution to support our pipeline forecasting. Our opportunities are essentially "projects" that have multiple invoices spread over the life of the project. I would like to configure CRM so that each opportunity_product has a start and finish month offset from the expected close date of the opportunity so that I can create a pipeline forecast showing the expected revenue spread. I have created new attributes in the opportunity_product for start and end month as an offset from the close_date but how can I calculate the ac...

"Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to th.
Whenever I try to update a report linked to an OLAP cube in Excel I get the following error: "Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to the data source". I get the same error if I am creating an OLAP cube and select the option for the cube to be renewed when necessary. What does this mean? How do you fix it? I've searched all of Microsoft's help features and knowledge basis and have found nothing! I've seen some forums online, I have yet to find an answer. Browse through this google search result. May find something useful. http://snipurl....

Client License Question
I was given a task to add 3 client licenses for 3 new users. Outside of the user setup like permissions I looked at the deployment manager on the CRM Host and it shows we are licensed for lets say 300 users, only using 100. I take this to mean that I don't have to actually add additional licenses and just install the client software. Any Help CRM Newbie (To call me a newbie would be nice) Hi Jonh, Yes, it is very much possible but requires some good programming skills to develop and implement the solution. There are callouts in CRM. Using callouts, email can be sent. I have suces...

Wizards not working (Add user, Add Computer, configure internet et
Since installing and uninstalling CRM 3.0 on a sbs 2003 server with ISA2004, I am unable to run any of the wizards... They bring up the introduction page about what each wizard does, but then on clicking "Next" the wizard crashes out with "Instruction at "0x000b9098" referenced memory at "0x000b9098" The memory could not be "Written" ". Any ideas? ...

Using HQ on multiple computers
I have RMS installed on a SQL server and I have a database created and a couple of stores connected to it. I am trying to install HQ on another machine on the LAN so I can do maintainence and what have you from this other computer. I've installed HQ and in HQ admin I can connect and test he database that I want to use but i get error messages when I try to go into HQ Manger, Error #-2147217865 invalid object name "HQVersionHistory" etc. Do I need to create the database again? I would like to have multiple machines on the LAN taht can run HQ administrator and manager. What...