How to wipe out HQ and SO data without the setting and paramters

Hi. Im planning to wipe out my database without clearing out its parameters
and settings. I have an existing Store running on HQ and SO. I plan to change
the barcodes for all items as they are inconsistent. Therefore i need to wipe
out everything without the parameters and configuration settings. Can This be
done? If so i need a detailed steps in doing this.
0
ramzey (25)
3/22/2006 7:05:26 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This sounds very dangerous.
What if you changed all your items so they start with a 'Z-' and then make
all those items InActive, that way will not lose any Sales History? Then
delete everything from the Alias table if you are using it and start adding
your newly created items.

Rob

"Ramzey" <Ramzey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. Im planning to wipe out my database without clearing out its
> parameters
> and settings. I have an existing Store running on HQ and SO. I plan to
> change
> the barcodes for all items as they are inconsistent. Therefore i need to
> wipe
> out everything without the parameters and configuration settings. Can This
> be
> done? If so i need a detailed steps in doing this.

0
Rob
3/23/2006 5:03:57 PM
Hey rob.. thanks for d advice. But if i were to make the items inactive and
then create d new items , is it possible to use the same barcode on the
inactive items with d new active item?

"Rob" wrote:

> This sounds very dangerous.
> What if you changed all your items so they start with a 'Z-' and then make
> all those items InActive, that way will not lose any Sales History? Then
> delete everything from the Alias table if you are using it and start adding
> your newly created items.
>
> Rob
>
> "Ramzey" <Ramzey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. Im planning to wipe out my database without clearing out its
> > parameters
> > and settings. I have an existing Store running on HQ and SO. I plan to
> > change
> > the barcodes for all items as they are inconsistent. Therefore i need to
> > wipe
> > out everything without the parameters and configuration settings. Can This
> > be
> > done? If so i need a detailed steps in doing this.

0
ramzey (25)
3/26/2006 10:58:40 PM
The answer is no, that's why I sugges you add a Z- to the beginning of all
your old items. To do this run this SQL statement:
UPDATE Item SET ItemLookupCode = 'Z-' + ItemLookupCode.
The Results:
Old ItemLookupCode = ABC123
New ItemLookupCode = Z-ABC123

And if you have any Aliases defined run this:
DELETE Alias

ALWAYS DO A BACKUP BEFORE MODIFYING THE DATABASE.

> Hey rob.. thanks for d advice. But if i were to make the items inactive
> and
> then create d new items , is it possible to use the same barcode on the
> inactive items with d new active item?
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
>> This sounds very dangerous.
>> What if you changed all your items so they start with a 'Z-' and then
>> make
>> all those items InActive, that way will not lose any Sales History? Then
>> delete everything from the Alias table if you are using it and start
>> adding
>> your newly created items.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> "Ramzey" <Ramzey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi. Im planning to wipe out my database without clearing out its
>> > parameters
>> > and settings. I have an existing Store running on HQ and SO. I plan to
>> > change
>> > the barcodes for all items as they are inconsistent. Therefore i need
>> > wipe
>> > out everything without the parameters and configuration settings. Can
>> > This
>> > be
>> > done? If so i need a detailed steps in doing this.

0
Rob
3/27/2006 4:11:39 AM
ok Thanks for dat. Should i do this to my HQ dB and use 401 worksheet or doit
manually thru this procedure to my Store ?

"Rob" wrote:

> The answer is no, that's why I sugges you add a Z- to the beginning of all
> your old items. To do this run this SQL statement:
> UPDATE Item SET ItemLookupCode = 'Z-' + ItemLookupCode.
> The Results:
> Old ItemLookupCode = ABC123
> New ItemLookupCode = Z-ABC123
>
> And if you have any Aliases defined run this:
> DELETE Alias
>
> ALWAYS DO A BACKUP BEFORE MODIFYING THE DATABASE.
>
> Rob
>
> "Ramzey" <Ramzey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey rob.. thanks for d advice. But if i were to make the items inactive
> > and
> > then create d new items , is it possible to use the same barcode on the
> > inactive items with d new active item?
> >
> > "Rob" wrote:
> >
> >> This sounds very dangerous.
> >> What if you changed all your items so they start with a 'Z-' and then
> >> make
> >> all those items InActive, that way will not lose any Sales History? Then
> >> delete everything from the Alias table if you are using it and start
> >> adding
> >> your newly created items.
> >>
> >> Rob
> >>
> >> "Ramzey" <Ramzey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ramzey (25)
3/27/2006 12:33:04 PM
You will definitely want to do this at HQ then push down those changes to
your store and then using the Item Wizards make all your items that start
with 'Z-' InActive.

> ok Thanks for dat. Should i do this to my HQ dB and use 401 worksheet or
> doit
> manually thru this procedure to my Store ?
>
> "Rob" wrote:
>
>> The answer is no, that's why I sugges you add a Z- to the beginning of
>> all
>> your old items. To do this run this SQL statement:
>> UPDATE Item SET ItemLookupCode = 'Z-' + ItemLookupCode.
>> The Results:
>> Old ItemLookupCode = ABC123
>> New ItemLookupCode = Z-ABC123
>>
>> And if you have any Aliases defined run this:
>> DELETE Alias
>>
>> ALWAYS DO A BACKUP BEFORE MODIFYING THE DATABASE.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> "Ramzey" <Ramzey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey rob.. thanks for d advice. But if i were to make the items inactive
>> > and
>> > then create d new items , is it possible to use the same barcode on the
>> > inactive items with d new active item?

0
Rob

.pdf save as settings

Web query timeout setting.

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Setting up a new e-mail account

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro

macros entering data

HQ Licensing question V.2
I have a client running HQ client at 8 stores + HQ server at the warehouse. They would like to be able to use transfers from the warehouse to the stores, so I would have to setup a new PC running Store Ops and a new database, however, in order for the transfers to take place, I need a HQ Client License correct? Do I also need a POS key? I appreciate any insights you may have. Thanks in advance Hi Phil yes - you'll need an HQ Client license so it can exchange with your headquarters - "export" the wh database as you would any store from HQ no - you won't need a PO...

find data and autopaste when found

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Calculating Subsets of Data
I have data for records that can span between 1 to 16 months.. I want to be able to calculate the average activity for the most recent six months in a query and be able to display that in a report. I can create the calculation in the query for the entire duration of months for each record but am stuck on how to have it choose only the most recent six months of data to do the calculation and understand that the six months may really only be between 1 to 6 months of data.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..My skill level is somewhere between meatball surgeon and ki...

Setting in Outlook 2007
Hi I have Outlook 2007 with all updates, how do I change the settings so attachments, web addresses or inserted pictures are not removed or disallowed. Thanks for any help regards Daniel Attacments removed? - Uninstall your anti virus application Web addresses - In internet options ensure outlook is set as default mail app "Daniel" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OcOS1y97JHA.5356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have Outlook 2007 with all updates, how do I change the settings so > attachments, web addresses or inserted pictures are not removed...