How to toggle Sales Tax for all items in a transaction in RMS?

We have a client who uses Customer Based Sales Tax. They have two sales tax
schedules (FL & NC) which are controlled by Ship To State. They have both
walk in traffic and also sell and ship items to other states.

This all seems to work just fine.

They also have the WALK IN CUSTOMER sales tax option set to the state where
the retail store is (FL). That feature works fine if a customer is not
selected during the sales process in POS.

The problem occurs when a regular customer from another state (say Indiana)
walks into the store to buy something. When they enter the customer into POS,
it does not compute sales tax because the state does not match FL or NC. That
is fine because no sales tax would be charged if indeed it were being shipped
to Indiana. However, since the customer is in the store and picking up the
items they purchase in FL, Florida sales tax must be charged.

That is also doable by clicking on the tax box on every single item and then
selecting FL sales tax.

What they would like to do is to be able to someone toggle the sales tax
from NONE to FL without having to check each box.

The Shift F5, CRTL F5, and Shift F12 all pertain to toggling item sales tax.
But that does not seem to work in their case and I assume it is because they
are using customer based sales tax.

The client has asked for this repeatedly because it is a pain in their case
to constantly have to check all boxes on each item and choose. They simply
want to be able to choose the sales tax to use on ALL items at once - and I
can not for the life of me figure out how to do it!

Any help would be most appreciated!

However, if
--
Doug Langley
0

Would it work to use the "CTRL F7" and have a ship to address set up called
"Walk In" for the customers who do walk in sales and have a state of FL then
you just have to select this Ship To when they purchase in store.

(This is just based on a quick test I did as we don't have state based sales
taxes as you do)

Regards
Michael
(Brisbane, Australia)

"DLangley" <DLangley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a client who uses Customer Based Sales Tax. They have two sales
> tax
> schedules (FL & NC) which are controlled by Ship To State. They have both
> walk in traffic and also sell and ship items to other states.
>
> This all seems to work just fine.
>
> They also have the WALK IN CUSTOMER sales tax option set to the state
> where
> the retail store is (FL). That feature works fine if a customer is not
> selected during the sales process in POS.
>
> The problem occurs when a regular customer from another state (say
> Indiana)
> walks into the store to buy something. When they enter the customer into
> POS,
> it does not compute sales tax because the state does not match FL or NC.
> That
> is fine because no sales tax would be charged if indeed it were being
> shipped
> to Indiana. However, since the customer is in the store and picking up the
> items they purchase in FL, Florida sales tax must be charged.
>
> That is also doable by clicking on the tax box on every single item and
> then
> selecting FL sales tax.
>
> What they would like to do is to be able to someone toggle the sales tax
> from NONE to FL without having to check each box.
>
> The Shift F5, CRTL F5, and Shift F12 all pertain to toggling item sales
> tax.
> But that does not seem to work in their case and I assume it is because
> they
> are using customer based sales tax.
>
> The client has asked for this repeatedly because it is a pain in their
> case
> to constantly have to check all boxes on each item and choose. They simply
> want to be able to choose the sales tax to use on ALL items at once - and
> can not for the life of me figure out how to do it!
>
> Any help would be most appreciated!
>

> However, if
> --
> Doug Langley

Thank you for the CTRL F7 idea.  This did help in many ways but not
completely.  I was just wondering if anyone had tried this.  It worked,
except once I selected the "Walk In", it "unchecked" all the boxes by the
items to no tax.  Now, I at least could check all the boxes and it would
create the correct sales tax, I am just wondering if anyone knew a way to fix
that.

"Michael" wrote:

> Would it work to use the "CTRL F7" and have a ship to address set up called
> "Walk In" for the customers who do walk in sales and have a state of FL then
> you just have to select this Ship To when they purchase in store.
>
> (This is just based on a quick test I did as we don't have state based sales
> taxes as you do)
>
> Regards
> Michael
> (Brisbane, Australia)
>

> "DLangley" <DLangley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have a client who uses Customer Based Sales Tax. They have two sales
> > tax
> > schedules (FL & NC) which are controlled by Ship To State. They have both
> > walk in traffic and also sell and ship items to other states.
> >
> > This all seems to work just fine.
> >
> > They also have the WALK IN CUSTOMER sales tax option set to the state
> > where
> > the retail store is (FL). That feature works fine if a customer is not
> > selected during the sales process in POS.
> >
> > The problem occurs when a regular customer from another state (say
> > Indiana)
> > walks into the store to buy something. When they enter the customer into
> > POS,
> > it does not compute sales tax because the state does not match FL or NC.
> > That
> > is fine because no sales tax would be charged if indeed it were being
> > shipped
> > to Indiana. However, since the customer is in the store and picking up the
> > items they purchase in FL, Florida sales tax must be charged.
> >
> > That is also doable by clicking on the tax box on every single item and
> > then
> > selecting FL sales tax.
> >
> > What they would like to do is to be able to someone toggle the sales tax
> > from NONE to FL without having to check each box.
> >
> > The Shift F5, CRTL F5, and Shift F12 all pertain to toggling item sales
> > tax.
> > But that does not seem to work in their case and I assume it is because
> > they
> > are using customer based sales tax.
> >
> > The client has asked for this repeatedly because it is a pain in their
> > case
> > to constantly have to check all boxes on each item and choose. They simply
> > want to be able to choose the sales tax to use on ALL items at once - and
> > can not for the life of me figure out how to do it!
> >
> > Any help would be most appreciated!
> >

> > However, if
> > --
> > Doug Langley

0
BentonCO (2)

Time Clock in RMS
We use the time clock feature in RMS and are, for the most part, happy with the results. Some of the issues we have with it are: We really do not want to give all employees that "punch the clock" the ability to sign on to POS but that seems to be a neccessity to use this feature. We would like to be able to attach a message to an employee that will pop-up when that employee attempts to punch in. Messages such as "see store manager when you arrive" or "W4 is due today" would be very helpful in communicating with each employee. Does anyone make a time cloc...

Sales Report filtered by time, Z Report filtered by date
Does anyone have any Z summary reports that can be filtered by day, week, etc Also does anyone have a sales summary report that can be filtered by date and time. (Our liquor store is open untill 1 AM and I can't get the broken out sales over the "two day" period once sales has started on the next day? Thank you so much in advance. There is a combined Z report on the Jean Holland web site (I believe) that does exactly what you want it to do. In regards to (sales) reports by date and time: I asked the same question a week or so ago in this NG but didn't get any soluti...

Print multiple items
How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. Rick wrote: > How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. Hold down the control key while clicking to select multiple items, just like in Explorer, and then File - Print? -- f.h. Rick, Please enlighten me. Why do so many folks want to print electronic mail? "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17BF6FD0-1EA8-4CBE-A54D-4F67C5A957F2@microsoft.com... > How can you print multiple items without opening each one and print. ...

RMS 2.0 hangs when processing Payment
Hi, I have a back office 'server' and two registers. All are XP SP2. Most sales are rung up on Reg. 2 and Reg. 1 is used primarily for lookups and receiving. Reg 1 is also the PC Charge 'server'. Lately when it gets busy Reg 2 has been getting slower and slower on the Processing payment screen. Eventually it just freezes - not just the register but all of RMS. All three computers have to be rebooted for the system to work. There is no rhyme or reason that I can find. The DB is 10560KB, there is not a single item or payment type that is used when it freezes and au...

Assembly Item and Departments
We have a golf pro shop in which we have assembly items containing greens fees and cart fees together. But we would like for this assembly item, not the individual items, to show up in particular Department (i.e. Greens Fees) from the Departments Menu from the Store Ops screen. The only thing I can see is adding the individual component items to the department and have them showing up individually. I didn't know if there was something I was overlooking which would allow us to do this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, any other ideas of how to accomplish this...

Keeping Deleted Items Folder Cleaned Up
I'm trying to add a rule that will delete any item over 2 years old in my deleted items folder. The rules wizard only lets me select the inbox. I delete stuff but don't clear deleted box in case I need it later. Is there a way that I could send a deleted email to a temporary folder and have a rule for it to send it to the deleted box and have my deleted box emptied whenever I log out? Thanks for your help, Marw ...

Sent Items freezes
Clicking on the Sent Items folder win Outlook 2002 causes Outlook to lock up, and then display the generic message "Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close". This is the only folder that behaves this way and it is the same whether working on-line or off-line. Any suggestions??? Thanks ...

direct upgrade from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009
Is there an upgrade path from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009? I've tried to restore an RMS database to POS 2009 and the import wizard bombs out with an error. What other choices are there? ...

Adding Zip to Sales | Accounts screen
Hi. Is it possible to add Zip to the other items in the Sales | Accounts view? Currently it reads left to right, Account Name, Primary Contact, Main Phone, and City. We want to add Zip. I guess you have to dive nto the SDK. Is it possible there? I can see looking at 3rd party apps that you could add another menu tab/category on the left under Invoices. I guess it could read Accounts2 or something...but we'd rather modify the existing accounts view. Anyone know how to do this or if it can be done? Thanks for any info. Sincerely, Nathan M Keller Belay that. Figured it out. Home ...

How to make a Sales Process Die?
We had a sales process set up, and then decided it was not what we wanted. I deactivated it, and deleted it in workflow manager. Unfortunately, the opportunities set up under this process cannot be dissassociated form the Sales process, and there doesn't seem to be any way to purge the Sales process from these records. It also causes some strange results on the Opportunity by sales stage reports. Anyone know how to purge a Sales process Completely from the system?? Thanks Only way around this would be to recreate the opportunities. I do not know what affect deleting the sa...

cant copy this items
pls help as i cant copy messsage from one folder to another,TQ ...

Money 2006 & Turbo Tax
Is money 2006 integrated with TurboTax and if so how seamless is the integration? To get the money data into turbotax do you have export then import or will turbotax attach directly to the money database? I am ready to upgrade to either the latest version of money or quicken and turbotax integration is one of the criteria that is important to me. Thanks, Sam Sam wrote: > Is money 2006 integrated with TurboTax and if so how seamless is the > integration? To get the money data into turbotax do you have export > then import or will turbotax attach directly to the money database? I ...

Mislabeled Transactions
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4856F.A4EBAFF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We are using Microsoft Money 2004. For some reason, when we = download our transactions from our bank, Microsoft Money mislabels our = ATM withdrawals, referring to them consistently as a payment to another = party. Somehow, the program has decided that this is the automatic = match for ATM withdrawals. We are of course able to fix each mislabeled = transaction manually; this is, however, very...

RMS and Mfg Returns
How does everyone in RMS Land handle Returning Defective product to MFG? What do you do in RMS? Benjamin, Use the transfer out. Daniel Nurol Point of Sale and Barcoding www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 >-----Original Message----- >How does everyone in RMS Land handle Returning Defective >product to MFG? What do you do in RMS? >. > I've tried using transfer out, which seems to work fine on the RMS side, but we transfer from there over to QuickBooks at which time it becomes a bill. We took and deleted at that time and create a QB entry for RMS returns which then balances ...

Pivot Table Help
Hello, I have a challenging pivot table issue that I hope I can get some help on. Here is the spreadsheet I'm working with: https://www.yousendit.com/download/OHo0N3RSSU90d0UwTVE9PQ I'm having problems with showing percentages in my pivot table such as gross margin and operational profit. Here is the P&L pivot table as I have it now, as you can see I can't get the "Gross Margin %" to output a number. Both "Gross Margin %" and "Operational Profit %" are calculated fields I've added to the pivot table since the raw data only inc...

Upgrade- Remove- RMS 1.3 and SQL DESKTOP ENGINE
Hi- One last question before I upgrade- 1) Add and Remove- I need to Remove RMS 1.3 2) do I also need to Remove SQL DESKTOP ENGINE as well? Then Install RMS 2.0 Correct? Any Links on the install of RMS 2.0? Thanks Brent Brent You do not need to remove MSDE the software wizard will take you through the steps to upgrade the SQL instance. FYI it upgrades MSDE to SQL Server Express 2005. And you dont need to uninstall RMS either. Just copy the whole installation folder to some sort of backup media (External Hard disk, DVD-R, etc) Hope this helps Jere "Brent" wrote: >...

Discount vs Sale Pricing
Need option for displayed price to be based on lower of customer discount or sale price, but not both. For example, currently I have item XYZ on sale for $70 (reg. price = $100). I have customer 'Jim' who has 30% discount automatically set-up in the customer database. When Jim buys XYZ, the price that gets rung-up is $49. I was expecting $70 (i.e. the lowest price considering either the sale price or customer discount, but not customer discount on top of sale price). I've tried all kinds of options using the 'Discount' tab, but it appears the software doesn't...

Keyboard Shortcut to toggle b/w Find and Replace and Active Worksheet?
Hi: I open the Find and replace Dialogue Box using CTRL+F and then enter the value I am looking for. Excel moves the cursor to the cell in question with the found value. Is there anyway to then use the keyboard to move from the dialogue box into the actual worksheet, without having to mouse click back into the open file? It seems there has to be some type of way to use the keyboard to move from the Find Dialogue box without using the mouse. I hope I am being clear on what I am trying to do, it seems very simple yet I cannot figure out what keyboard command to use to basically select the Exce...

Bank of America transaction downloading #2
Anyone else trying to use Money'05 with Bank of America (California) and having problems with the content that goes intot the account register? I'm getting some fairly worthless information inserted into the Payee field. Most of my downloaded transaction come in as "INTRALINK NETWORK TRANS 876565" or "BANK CARD PURCHASE 765765" instead of "Walmart Store 54657" or "Exxon". For checks the, check number is not in the "Num" field, it's in the payee field. I'm curious if this only a Bank of America phenomenon or a Money-wi...

Field Code For First Item In TOC Per Section
When you insert a Footer, Word has a built in Footer that allows you to automatically reference the first item in that Section that is in the TOC. Example: First Section Title Sub Item1 Sub Item2...... If you highlight "First Section Title" it will appear in the TOC if you use the Add Text and check the required level. It will also automatically appear in your footer. I want to be able to use that capabilty in other parts of my document but can't find a filed code for it. I already looked under Quick Parts->Field but cann...

ColdFusion and RMS
Has anyone used Coldfusion Report Builder to create customer reports from RMS data in SQL? I have written a full intranet running off of the HQ database in ColdFusion. Every month, our head accountant asks me to run a custom report with data from many different HQ and SO reports and mend them into one. Just wondering if anyone has done this already. Written a report in another language that pulls the data out of SQl and the only info you have to enter in is the date range to search by. thanks, Nick This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C56681.47D...

Using Special Folders for Sent Items like OE
Outlook Express 6.0 allows you to store 'sent' item on the server if you are set up to use IMAP services (advanced tab/special folders. Does Outlook 2003 offer same function? I want to be able to share my sent items with my colleagues when I am on the road. Thanks for any help available. -- Peter S. PeterS <peter.sullivan@accurate-fasteners.com> wrote: > Outlook Express 6.0 allows you to store 'sent' item on the server if > you are set up to use IMAP services (advanced tab/special folders. > Does Outlook 2003 offer same function? No. Your Sent Items folder ...

Working with Sales Processes
I am wondering the best way to skip stages in a sales process. Obviously in real life, buying and selling doesn't always follow the same process every time. I've tried to tackle this with Subprocesses, but with little resolve. If anyone knows the best way to do something like this, or to even mass complete all the tasks in one stage, it would be much appreciated. Thanks. It depends on the way the business works. In my previous life as a CRM administrator the NBD Team had several Sales Processes which were applicable to various "sales scenarios". One was for the full fle...

Item Reports
Version 2.0.0110 I frequently need a item quantity report of all of the members of a matrix item. I can produce a list using SQL in the Administrator, but this is a fairly complex query. It would be very convienient to have a preformatted report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

EDI and RMS
Is anyone using EDI to transfer Purchase Orders to their vendors? Any suggestions on getting this rolling? -- Kris Kris, My biggest supplier wrote a program to be able to use an export to XML format. I email the PO as an attachment to an email account that directly interfaces with their system. Craig "Kris" <kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84E356EB-F883-4738-9F4D-0FE58ADF0597@microsoft.com... > Is anyone using EDI to transfer Purchase Orders to their vendors? Any > suggestions on getting this rolling? > > -- > Kris ...